Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Love of Neptune ❯ After the Party - Haruka ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Author's Notes: Happy B.day, Haruka! Enjoy the chapter, all!

Chapter 6

At Uranus...

Haruka sat on her huge bed in her room. Tears ran down her cheeks. She hadn't cried since she was five years old, and even now her body refused to accept that fact that she could cry.

The blonde was crying for Michiru. They had only known eachother for an hour, but destiny had tapped her on the shoulder just to tell her to hang onto Michiru. She had given her locket to Michiru. It had belonged to her grandmother.

Haruka stared out the window, and into the sapphire sky. It twinkled with stars and brought back memories. Her grandmother was the first to accept the fact that she was a lesbian. Her grandmother was also the most civilized person in the castle, constantly laughing and playing with Haruka, making cookies and cupcakes for Haruka, and most importantly, being there for Haruka.

Haruka missed her grandmother sometimes. 'Ganna! Ganna, get back here!' Her five year old child-self said. Her grandmother didn't come back. Didn't look back. Didn't breathe. She had died that day, a weak heart had gotten to her.

The blonde's train of thought was interrupted when Michiru burst into her room, and straight into her arms. Michiru was crying, and grasping the golden locket around her neck. She held the smaller, prettier woman for dear life, and happiness found its way to her as she made out the words in Michiru's sobs. "I didn't want you to go! I know I've only known you for an hour or more, but I feel so much love for you already! I cannot help it!" Michiru managed to babble between sobs.

"Shh. It's ok, little dove," Haruka said soothingly, stroking Michiru's hair. She began to slowly rock, until Michiru stopped crying, and had fallen asleep in her arms. She gingerly put Michiru down onto her comfy bed, putting a pillow under the girl's head and covering her with a blanket.

Haruka'd stay there all night, awake, just to make sure Michiru slept soundly. "I feel so much for you, too, little dove," Haruka admitted to the sleeping angel beside her, gently stroking the satin skin of Michiru's cheek. 'They won't find Michiru here. I won't let them. I'll protect her with my life if I have to.'

Michiru stirred, her hands falling onto a pillow with a silk pillowcase. She took it, cuddling it like an old teddy bear. Haruka smiled and kissed Michiru's cheek, then got up and went over to her closet. 'Michiru'll need something to wear tomorow. That death trap of a dress doesn't look comfy..'

The blonde pulled out a navy blue, satin dress. It was too small for Haruka, and looked to be just about Michiru's size. Laying it down on her bed, Haruka pulled up a chair and sat in it, staring at Michiru. She'd have to watch over the girl like an owl anyway.

She sat for an eternity, like an obedient dog. Her eyelids began to droop, but she refused to let them close, and began to hum a lively tune. It turned into a slow lullaby, and before Haruka knew it she was asleep, drifting into a dreamland to chase after her Michiru.

'My Michiru. I like that..' Haruka commented to herself before completely floating away from her awake state.