Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Love or Lust ❯ Love or Lust ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Love or lust
Kind of similar to Inuyasha, into how Kikyo and InuYasha first met. I do not own Sailor Moon. Nor do I do own Inuyasha. I only own Katie.
Chapter 1: At the Beginning
It only took place in Japan 200 years before they built the cities. It was in a small village. The only guardian who lived in the village was a young fifteen year old priestess named Katie.
She lives with her twin sister Minako. Katie's duty is to protect the Silver Crystal. The silver crystal has mystical powers and it can make others be more powerful.
Somehow Minako was looking for her sister. Katie was absent for a few hours. Minako became worried for Katie and decided to look for her. She called for her. It took her only ten minute to find her. Katie was in the meadows talking to another priestess who is about the same age as her.
She is tall with raven black hair. She was mostly wearing black with some purple. She seemed a little dark. When Katie heard her sister calling to her, Katie turned a little to look at Minako and growled at her. Minako understood what her sister meant. So she stayed back. Katie turned back to the priestess. THe Dark priestess was called Rei.
"Hurry up what you need to say, Rei. I have other things to do."
Rei let out a sigh."You need to be careful Katie. There is a curse. If you fall in love you will die a tragic death. Both physically and spiritually."
Katie let out a laugh. "Rei, you know that law. It is illegal for Priestesses to fall in love. But not to a priest or a monk cause they have to have an heir to take his place.I doubt that I will ever fall in love with such a man." Katie turned without saying goodbye and left with Minako. She didn't see Rei putting the curse on her.
While near the village Katie stopped to pick some herbs.
"Katie I really don;t like Rei at all. She scares me."
"Minako, tak pity for her. She is just jealous of me, that's all."
"I know that," Minako said. Mianko looked towards the sunset. Then she yawned. "Boy I am tired. I am going back to the hut."
"Go ahead Minako. All I have to do left is gather some of these herbs and give them to the old woman in that small cave at the edge of the village."
Minako was confused about this. "Who is this old lady?"
"She recently came here all bandaged up and was completely burned. She has bruises over over her body. She is ill. That is why I am gathering herbs for her. She needs to get well so she would move on. It will take a year for her to get well."
"Oh. Ok, I'm going now." Minako left towards the village. Katie smiled at her sister. Katie continues to gather more herbs. After she finished she stands up and walks to the village.
She was only near the forest when she heard some voices. She gasped and ran into the forest with her bow and arrow. She ran and ran until she found out what was causing this entire ruckus. She sees a man fighting two demons.
She witnessed him fighting only one demon and killing it. While he killed the first she shot a purifying arrow at it and killed it. The man looked up surprised. Katie was aiming another arrow at the man. When she sees that he is not going to attack, she puts the arrow back into the quiver and walks away.
THe man gets out a poison knife and throws it at her. Katie sensed the knife coming and grabs it. The man stares in shock as she threw it to a tree.
Katie decided she doesn't have enough time to mess around with him so she gets out an arrow and shoots it. She shoots some more arrows until the man was against a tree almost pinned. She didn't kill him. She spared the man's life and walked away.

Once Katie got back to the village the fisrt thing she did was she went to the cave to give the medicing to the old woman which she happily accept. Then she went back to the see Minako already fast asleep. Katie went over to her. She smiled sadly.
Soon Katie won't be around to take care of the village. Katie was only a priestess in training. Once her duties are done she would travel around Japan slaying demons.
She went over to the pot and served herself some stew. She quietly ate in silence. AFter she was done eating she put the fire out and went to sleep.
Once it was morning, Katie got up early to do her morning duties. She was in the field again casue she had sense the same man again from the night before. She waited.
He came out from his hiding place. "I've been waiting for you, Priestess. You go by as Katie, am I correct."
"What do you want, Assassin?" Katie asked coldly. She didn't want to waste time.
"i hear you have extreme power. Tell me why did you help me while I was battling the two demons. You know I get angry if someone interferes and does the rest for me. It really ticks me off."
"I only did that, because it is my job. My duty is to protect the village from the demons. By the way since you know my name I need to know yours."
"It's Seiya."
"very well Seiya. I want you to do me a favor. Leave this place at once or I will kill you. Stay away from me as well. You don't need to go and bump into people's life."
"One question: Have you ever fallen in love before."
"No and I will never be. There is a law in the Priestess's Code. There was a legend that the first Priest of japan fell in love with a woman. They had a child who was born a priestess. THe priestess fell in love with a demon but ended up having her powers weaken. Love is what makes our powers weak. There is no heir in line to take my place." Katie left him.
Seiya looked at her with a strainge look in his eyes. He felt something from her and was wondering what it was. Was it Love?
Seiya might have fallen in love with her. It's not her beauty but it is her spirit that awakens his soul. Instead of leaving like she said, he decided to disobey her order and follow her to the hilltop.
Katie sat on the hilltop looking over the village. She could see her sister shooting arrows to a tree. It was part of Minako's training. Katie could only see a little of spiritual power coming out of the arrow. She closed her eyes as the wind blew through her hair.
She heard something rustling in the bushes and she knew it was Seiya. She made up her mind to try to be nice towards her enemy.
"Seiya, I know you are there. Come and sit with me," Katie said not turning around. Her eyes still stares off into space.
Seiya shocked and angry that she found out that he was hiding came out and sat right next to the priestess.
"I want you to forgive me for my rudeness earlier. It is the first time we have spoken like this."
"What's you point?"
"Seiya what do you think of me? Do I look like an ordinary woman to you?"
"Where are you going with this?"
"I must never reveal my weakness to anyone. i must never waver. if I had a demon wound get the better of me. Inside I am an ordinary woman. Yet I cannit reveal myself as such. Un many ways we are simlar. In God's eyes we are all created equal. Both outsiders. That is why I spared your life and helped you kill the second demon."
"Quit whining! We all got our crosses to bear..."
"You're right. I shouldn't complain. I have to be strong enough to protect the Silver Crystal."
Seiya felt a big change. He could see the loneliness in her. He felt guilty for the first time in his life. In payment for helping him in battle, Seiya decided to protect her and the village from outside demons. Once Katie had a duty outside the village, he follows her to help with the work. He never left her side.
During one day they brought each other gifts. Katie brought him a sword. Seiya brought her a shell containing lip gloss.
"This is so pretty. Who owned it?"
"My mother. She gave it to me before she died."
"I am sorry about your mother. You see I lost my mother and father when me and my twin sister were really young. They left us their valuables."
Katie didn't notice that she has fallen in love with him She felt happy around him. SHe knew that the Silver Crystal could purify his soul so his sins would be forgiven.
After giving her gift to Seiya Katie headed back to her hut and tried on ht elip gloss. She looked beautiful. Minako realized that Katie has fallen in love with a man. She was shocked. When Katie was around Seiya she felt her powers grow stronger. But the thing is it is actually growning weaker.

It was spring time and Katie was looking at the Cherry blossoms falling down. She watched them fall down in awe and then turned to see Rei standing holding a colorful bird in her arm. She knows that Seiya is out of town helping out his brother.
"Rei, speak what you need to say and go." she said in a usual cold voice. Rei just laughed. Katie just became amused at her actions.
"You are a strange priestess after all. You never realized that I placed the curse on you. Yet you had fallen in love with an assassin and you never even noticed you emotions. Areis kill Katie! Katie! DIE!" THe bird flew towards Katie.
Katie didn't hesitate, but she managed to destroy the bird and used a sealing arrow to seal Rei to a tree. Rei was shocked but she felt dizzy and fell into eternal sleep.
"That will put you to sleep for a million years." Katie realized her powers have gotten weaker. SHe sighed and and back to the village.
In the cave on the edge of the village the old woman was resting when something struck her and a swarm of demons was entering her body. She felt some pain and woke up to find herself in a new body. She called herself Galaxia.
"I will have that Silver Crystal in my hands and take over the universe. And yet I will take the lovely Priestess Lady Katie's soul and destroy her."
A few days later, Katie was sitting by her village during sunset. She was told that the old lady was nowhere to be found. ONce Seiya got to her they both chat over some things.
"Me become a Christian?"
"It is possible seeing that you heart is not pure enough to be cleanse. The Silaver Crystal can make a nonpure heart into a pure one. It washes away your sins. If it falls into the hands of a demon or some other person who would abuse it, it's power would increase. If it were to make your soul into a pure soul. The crystal would cease to exist and demons won't come for it anymore."
"Then what? What would happen to you?"
"My duty is to protect the Silver Crystal. Without it I could live as an ordinary woman. Meet me here tomorrow at noon. I would bring the Silver Crystal with me."
The two lovers kissed each other good night. They both went their separate ways.
That night in the shrine Galaxia slips a not under the doorway. While Katie was praying into the crystal she heard something by the door.
She got up and opened the slide doors. She realized there was no one outside. She opened the note. It said:

Katie,
I decided I couldn't mush longer so I might want to ask you to come early at dawn. See you then.
Seiya

Katie smiled at the note. She went back to her hut and fell asleep. She waited till Sunrise.
At sunrise she got up and headed for the door. Minako heard her leaving. Katie stopped by the sound of her voice.
“Katie, where are you going at this time?” She asked sleepily.
“Oh, I am going to go and get some more herbs to make us some herbal tea.” Katie lied.
“we already have some in that bag.” Minako stated.
Katie looked at the bag and giggled to herself. “Forgive me, Minako dear. I thought we ran all out. So then, I am going to pray some more into the Silver Crystal.”
Minako knew she was just lying all along. “Katie you don’t have to hide it any longer. I know you are in love. Spit it out and tell me what is going on.”
Katie let out a sigh. “I met this assassin last year in the forest after Rei put that curse on me. We both settled our differences and fell in love with each other. I told him that the Silver Crystal can be able to purify his soul so he won’t be able to go to hell. I am doing it today.”
“Are you giving up your position as a priestess? This is the reason why you put me into training so you can marry this guy?”
“Yes”
“I can’t believe you. I HATE YOU!”
Minako started to weep and headed out of the hut and into the meadows.
Katie looked down sadly and headed to the shrine.
She grabbed the Silver Crystal from the alter in the shrine and took it to the hilltop. She waited for him. She had a smile on her face.
Something raced through the grass and zoomed towards Katie and slashed her shoulder.
"AH!" Katie screamed in pain as she fell to the hard ground. She notice the crystal was only a foot away from her so she tried to reach for it but a golden gloved hand picked it up.
Katie looked up to see Galaxy. Galaxia fools Katie by using herself to be the true form of Seiya.
"What a fool you are, Katie. I never wanted to be a Christian so I intend to rule the universe with the crystal." Galaxia left. Tears start to form in Katie's eyes.
"Traitor...TRAITOR!!"
Katie was mad. She was hurt. She carefully go up and went to the village. The Villagers saw the priestess coming and went to help her but she yelled at them to stay back and grabbed a bow and arrow.
She carefully walked to the shrine and witnessed Seiya talking the Silver Crystal away. She aimed the arrow at him.
"SEIYA"
Seiya turns to see an angry priestess shooting the arrow at him.
'I trusted you. And yet you betrayed me. You were using me from the very beginning Seiya. I will never forgive you for as long as I live.'
'Why is this happening to me? What did I do?'
He became shocked and was hit by the arrow. He groaned in pain as his back hit the tree trunk. He released the crystal from his hands and the crystal falls the ground.
Katie slowly walked to it and fell to her knees a flinched because of the pain.
Seiya fell into eternal sleep due to Katie's spell. The villagers surrounded the young priestess.
"Big Sister" Minako yelled as she ran to Katie's side.
"You're hurt. That wound."
"Enough. And now see what. All for this. The Silver crystal for which *ugh*."
Katie weakly turns to her sister still holding the crystal.
"You're in pain let some..."
Katie didn’t say anything. She refused to let the villagers take her in and heal her wound. She figured out that is was lust but not love. Seiya used her from the very beginning. She was heartbroken.
"I won't feel it much longer.”
“Sister please, you must get to the healer”
“Minako. Take this crystal for which you must burn with my body. Do not allow anyone to abuse it. Keep the man sealed on the tree for only a million years. I am sorry, Seiya...I..." Katie said but she never finished her sentence. She fell into a world of darkness and fell to the cold ground and died.
"SISTER KATIE!!!!!!!" Minako yelled at her dead sister.
Katie's body was burnt with the silver crystal.
'The Silver Crystal I will take it with me to the other world.'
Katie's remains were buried near the shrine. Minako was mostly sad.
Minako finally became stronger and became the priestess in the village.
Seiya stilled stayed on the tree.
‘I have made a decision. I should be reincarnated. But I have planned the silver crystal into seven pieces. They will be called the Seven Rainbow Crystals. They will be hiding in the bodies of those who fight against Pain and suffering. The last one would be found in my reincarnation. Soon the dark priestess will reawakened and Seiya would be free to hunt me down even though I am no longer here. He will me down to kill me. There will be a way for me to return if Seiya is free from the spell I placed on him.’
Katie's soul never went to heaven but it stayed in Japan and chose her reincarnation. Katie's soul was reincarnated into a young teenage girl named Usagi.
To be continued.
AN: I hoped you really liked the chapter so far. Please review.