Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Moving Into Your Arms ❯ Watching Over You ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Moving Into Your Arms
Disclaimer: I do not own Sailor Moon. If I did then I wouldn't be writing this. Naoko Takeuchi owns Sailor Moon.
Chapter 4- Watching Over You
Rei and Usagi passed the time by playing games at the arcade until it was time for Minako’s date to arrive.
“You lose again Usagi.  That’s the fifth time in the row.”
“Those were all just warm ups Rei.  The real game starts now.  The winner gets a kiss.”
“Well who losses there?”  
The girls began to quickly fumble with the buttons and joysticks on the machine.  It was an intense sixty seconds as punches and kicks were delivered one after another.  Both life bars on the game were decreasing steadily.  When the clock hit zero, both characters were standing so the winner was decided by the amount of health left.
PLAYER 2 WINS!
“I win Rei!  My two percent of health beats your one percent.”
“I win the last five rounds and you win this one?  What a fluke victory!”
“It doesn’t matter how I get the victory as long as I win.”
“No that was a warm up.”
“Nope. You can’t do that Rei.”
“Why is it every time I win it is just a warm up but when I lose it’s the real game with you?”
Usagi evaded her question.  “Stop stalling and give me my kiss.”
Rei grinned while propping Usagi up against the arcade machine. “Well. I did lose after all.”  Rei leaned in and locked her lips with the blonde.  Usagi replied by pulling Rei’s waist closer, exploring her curves.  
“Whoa Usa, still excited from last night huh?”
“How can I not be?  I do have an amazing lover after all.”  Usagi said reaching for another kiss.
“You two just can’t get enough of each other can you?”
Usagi squeaked in Rei’s mouth and looked at the person who was speaking to them.  “I’m dead and you’re the one scaring me Setsuna.  Now how does that work?”
Setsuna laughed.  “I would have knocked if there were doors.  It looks like you two could use a room.”
“Well what brings you here?”  Rei asked with laughter in her voice.
Setsuna turned her head to where Mamoru was coming in and taking a seat.  Minako was standing outside waiting.
“Minako’s date will not go well.  The guy will be a jerk to her.  Use that to your advantage.”
Usagi answered.  “Hai we will but Setsuna….tell me how Chibiusa is doing.”
“She is fine.  Your family has no recollection of her.  Chibiusa is staying with me for now.”  
Setsuna’s mysterious ways came back to her as she walked off without saying anything else.
“Setsuna wait!”  Usagi called out to her.  “I know you aren’t giving specifics but can you please tell me what exactly is keeping Chibiusa alive?”
Setsuna paused for a moment and answered Usagi without looking at her.  “You and Rei are.  Goodbye princess.”
Usagi and Rei looked at each other with confusion.  
“We are?”  Usagi asked.  “How is that even possible Rei?”
“I don’t know. Setsuna sure loves her mind games Usa.  If we are trying to get Mamoru and Mina together but Mamoru is technically the father of your child then… I don’t know.  It’s too confusing to even think about it right now.”
“Right.  We can deal with that later.  So this guy Mina is meeting will be a jerk huh?  Are you ready for this Rei?”
“As ready as you are love.”
********************************************************** *******************
Mamoru was looking at Minako from the window.  Mamoru gave her two thumbs up when she turned to look at him.
“Excuse me sir here are your drinks.”
Mamoru looked at the waitress who was addressing him.  “I didn’t order these mam.”
“Oh these are on the house.  We are now adding citrus lemonade soda to the menu and we are giving out the first round for free.  I have one for you and your girlfriend outside.”
“Thanks but she isn’t my girlfriend.”
Not yet at least.” The waitress mumbled under her breath.
“What was that?”
“Oh nothing!  I was just saying that you should be careful with these bottles since they are glass.  They could really hurt someone when placed in the wrong situation….really really hurt.”  The waitress whispered the last part.
“Uhhhh thanks for the tip.”  Mamoru looked at her name tag in order to address her properly. “Wasagi….”
“No problem”
Mamoru’s face then contorted in confusion as he took a closer look at the waitress.  He noticed that the waitress had blonde hair wrapped in a bun and big blue eyes.
“Is there something else I can help you with?”
“No Wasagi….you just looked familiar is all.  “You remind me of a friend I had a long time ago.”
Wasagi smiled and walked off.  “Well okay then.  Enjoy yourself!”
****************************************************** *********************
“Hi there.  You must be Todd.”  Minako reached out to shake her date’s hand.  However, his hands were already rubbing against her sides.
“Your cousin did not tell me you were THIS hot!”
Minako backed off from his embrace.  “How about at least saying “hi” first?”
“Okay babe….hi.  Does that make you happy now?”
“Not with an attitude like that.”  
“You will be okay.”  Todd got behind Minako and placed his hands on her shoulders.  He whispered to her.  “I got something that can make you happy.”  
Minako shrugged off him.  “Do you talk to every girl like this?  I think this date is over.”
“Oh this date is only just beginning.”  Todd grabbed Minako by the wrist.  “Come on sweetheart you will like it.”
“Let go!”  Minako yelled.
Mamoru was sickened by the site and decided it was time to interfere.  He looked down at the glass bottle in front of him and thought about what Wasagi said.  The words “really really hurt” came to his mind.
“Excuse me sir but am not fond of the way you are treating this beautiful lady.  She should be treated with respect.”  Mamoru said to Todd.
“And who are you supposed to be?  Her boyfriend?”  Todd mocked.
“It doesn’t matter who I am.  I am going to ask you nicely to act like a gentleman and apologize.”
Todd waved his hand at the dark-haired man.  “Piss off and go somewhere else!”
Mamoru kept his composure.  “You’re right.  I had no reason to intrude on this date.  I am sorry.”  He finished the rest of his soda while talking to him.  “This soda is good.  It’s a citrus lemonade soda.  You should try one.  Hey watch this.”
The prince flipped his empty bottle up in the air.  The bottle rotated several times before Mamoru caught it and smacked it in Todd’s face.  The bottle shattered into tiny pieces as Todd fell to the ground.  Mamoru then looked at Minako and smiled.  “There’s another soda waiting for you in the arcade if you would like to try.”    
 A dizzy Todd hobbled away before Minako could answer.  After he left, Mamoru and Minako went back inside and sat at the table.
**************************************************************** *********
“Wow I can’t believe your cousin would set you up with an idiot like that.”
Minako’s expression turned into a sad one.  “What’s wrong with me Mamoru?  Why can’t I find a good guy?”
“Mina nothing is wrong with you.  You are perfect in every way.  They are the ones with the issues.  Like I said earlier you will find the right guy but until then we can have some fun.”
“How Mamoru?  I know you didn’t come here expecting to pay for anything and I thought Todd was going to treat me tonight.”
Mamoru rubbed his chin.  “Hmmm? Don’t worry.  We will figure something out.”
Right when Mamoru made that statement another waitress walked up to them.  This waitress had raven hair wrapped in a bun just like Wasagi’s.
“I hope the date is going well between you two.”
Deep blushes came across the faces of Minako and Mamoru.
“We are just friends.” Minako said. She and Mamoru took a closer look at the waitress.
“What?  Do I have something in my teeth?”
“No.  You just look like an old friend of ours.”  Minako said as she looked at her name tag.  “Faye” was her name.
“That’s a beautiful name.  Our friend had a name similar to that.”
“Awww well thank you.  Anyways I came over here to tell you two that tonight is free token night.”  Faye said as she placed a full bucket of tokens on the table. “So have fun and play all of the games you want to with this bucket of tokens!  Enjoy!”  Faye left and went into the staff room.  The other waitress was there and spoke to her.
“Free token night…. “Faye”?  You couldn’t have been more creative?”
You’re one to talk “Wasagi”.  All you did was give them a soda!”
“But look what happened with that.  The bottle landed right in that jerk’s face just like I knew it would.”
Faye didn’t feel like arguing.  “Okay “Wasagi” you win.”
“Oh I win again huh?”
Faye wrapped her arms around Wasagi’s waist “Yep and speaking of winning, we never got around to finishing that kiss from earlier.”
“That’s right.  Faye and Wasagi’s lips joined together with a fiery, yet tender passion.  It wasn’t  long before Wasagi pushed Faye onto a nearby table and straddled her.
“They will be playing for a while with all of those tokens you gave them.”
Faye knew where Wasagi was headed with this and a smile grew on her face.  “I don’t have a choice in this do I?”
“Nope.”  Wasagi said with dominance as she planted a kiss on the neck of Faye.
Meanwhile, Mamoru and Minako were still left dumbfounded.
“Well that was convenient wasn’t it Minako?”
“Yeah that was.  Oh well we can’t let them go to waste.”
And with that Mamoru and Minako went to go have some fun in the game room while a couple of waitresses were having fun in the staff room.”
********************************************************** *****************
After a couple of hours, Minako and Mamoru were finished with their arcade games and went outside to meet Motoki during closing time.
“So Motoki when was citrus lemonade soda added to the menu?”  Mamoru asked.
“Ummmm we haven’t added it yet.”  Motoki replied.
“What do you mean you haven’t yet?
“We aren’t serving that until next month.  How do you know about that anyway?”
“Because Minako and I were given some on the house by a waitress.”
“What are you talking about?  I was the only person working today.”
“Haha very funny.  What’s next?  You’re going to tell me that there was no free token night tonight either?”
Motoki looked at his friend like he had lost his mind.  “Free token night?  We don’t do that.”
Minako stepped in.  “That’s impossible.   There was a waitress here with raven hair in a bun and her name was Faye.  She gave us a bucket full of tokens and told us that tonight was free token night.”
“Yeah and I saw another waitress with blue eyes and blonde hair that was also in a bun.  She was the one that gave us free sodas.  Her name was Wasagi.”  Mamoru added.
“There are no waitresses that work here by the names of “Wasagi” and “Faye”.  
“But they have to work here!” Mamoru yelled.
“No they don’t.  I look over all of the cameras nightly.  There were no other workers here tonight but me.  I have no clue where you got those tokens from.  You two should get some rest because you guys are seeing thing.  Goodnight.”  
“Motoki must be the one losing it.” Minako suggested.  
“Yeah.  It is probably all of those hours he is working Mina.  They must be getting to his mind.  We should get out of here.”  Mamoru wrapped his arm around Minako as the two made their way back  to her house.
Neither saw that they were being watched by a couple of angels sitting on edge of the roof.
End of chapter 4