Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Moving Into Your Arms ❯ That's An Order ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Moving Into Your Arms
Disclaimer: I do not own Sailor Moon. If I did then I wouldn't be writing this. Naoko Takeuchi owns Sailor Moon.
Chapter 5- That’s An Order

“I had a really great time with you tonight Mamoru.” Minako said as they reached her doorstep.
“I’m glad you enjoyed yourself Mina.”
There was a silence that filled the air as the two gazed into one another’s eyes.  The distance between them slowly closed.  Usagi and Rei were ducked behind a nearby bush.
Come on Mamoru….kiss Mina!  You know you want to.” Usagi secretely whispered.
And Mina wants him to as well.  Kiss her Mamoru!” Rei added.
“Mina?”
“Yes Mamoru?”
“I….”
Confess your undying love for her Mamoru!  You can do it!” Usagi cheered
“You……?” Minako persisted.
Mamoru reached in for a hug instead of a kiss.  “I….hope you sleep well tonight.”
“Oh okay….you too.” Minako said with a hint of disappointment in her tone.
“ “I hope you sleep well tonight?”  Really Mamoru?”said an annoyed Usagi who then proceeded to pick up a pebble and throw it at his head.
“Ow!”
Rei gave Usagi like she had lost her mind.
I wanted to knock some sense into him.”
“Are you okay Mamoru?” Minako asked.
“Yeah I’m fine.  An acorn probably just fell from a tree and hit my head.  Well, you have a goodnight Mina.” Mamoru said as he walked away.
Once Mamoru was out of sight, Minako let out a sad sigh and went into her house.
The sadness on Minako’s face broke Rei’s heart.  “Awww poor Minako. “
“I think it’s time we had a chat with the prince of Earth Rei.”
“I agree my love.  That will work better than throwing pebbles at his head.”
********************************************************** **************
While on the way to his house, Mamoru stopped to lean on a rail.  He was admiring the view of the sky from a distance while thoughts about a certain blonde ran through his mind.
“I wish I could tell Minako how I feel about her.” Mamoru said to himself.
“So why don’t you?” a female asked.
“Who’s there?!” Mamoru asked turning around quickly to see the owner of the voice.  His face turned pale.
“Usagi?!”
“You look like you have just seen a ghost Mamoru.”
“That’s because you ARE a ghost hun.” Usagi’s lover responded.
“Oh yeah that’s right.  I wasn’t even thinking about that pun.”
Mamoru looked at the other person beside him.  “Rei!?”
Rei spoke in an unconvincing ghost-like tone. “That’s right Mamoru.  Your ex-girlfriends have come to haunt you. Woooooo!”  She motioned her arms in a ghost-like manner for an added effect.  
Mamoru’s face turned even paler.  
“Relax Mamoru.  It was Usagi’s idea to come down and check on you and Mina.”
“How do you two know about my feelings towards her?
“We saw the way you looked at her.  You two were so cute at the arcade.”
“The arcade….wait a minute.  Wasagi and Faye!”
“That’s right!  I’m glad to see that you made good use of that bottle.  I told you it would really really hurt.”
Mamoru smiled.  “Now that I think of it, you two would do something like that.”
“All in the name of love….and speaking of love, you’re in love with her aren’t you?”
Mamoru waited a few seconds before responding.  “Yes Usagi….I am.  After you and Rei died we became closer and over time I found myself slowly falling for her.”
“Awwww Mamoru!”  Usagi exclaimed.  “You should tell her.”
“She wouldn’t go for a guy like me.”
“And why not Mamoru?”
“You know how free-spirited she can be.  I’m not the most exciting guy to date.  Both of you know that first hand.  She would find me boring.”
Rei stepped in.  “I wouldn’t jump to conclusions Mamoru.  With how you close you two are I wouldn’t doubt that she has feelings for you.  You should go for it.”
“But….but….”
“We aren’t really asking you Mamoru.  It’s more like telling you to.  You will tell Minako how you feel or I shall punish you in the name of the moon!”  Usagi said striking her former senshi pose.
“Yes you shall do as your moon princess commands or in the name of Mars I will punish you too.”  Rei added while striking her own pose.
“I guess I really don’t have a choice in this do I?”
“Nope.”  both girls said in unison.
“Well I would want to make it a memorable experience.  I wonder how would I go about doing that?”
“Hmmmm….”  Usagi pondered as she walked back and forth.  She then stumbled across a flyer.  
“Ah….here we go.  Look at this Mamo-chan.  “Tokyo’s Tenth Annual Costume Party”.  It’s located at the nearby recreation center and it is tomorrow night.  That would be perfect!  If you want to be exciting then you can spice it up by writing an anonymous letter to her beforehand telling her that you will meet her there.”
“That’s a wonderful idea love.”  Rei said.
“I actually like that idea but what if she doesn’t show up?”  Mamoru asked.
“Oh don’t worry about that.”  Rei continued.  “I will personally make sure that she appears.”
“You better get started on that letter now Mamo-chan.”  Usagi persisted.
“But I don’t have a pencil, paper, or even a place to write on.”
“Look to your far left.”  Rei commanded.
Mamoru obeyed and looked to his far left.  He saw a smooth-surfaced picnic table with everything he needed to write the letter.  There was even a fancy envelope in the corner.
“Usagi….Rei….h-how did that-”
His question was cut short as he noticed that Usagi and Rei were no longer there.  Mamoru smiled.  “That Rei and Usa.”  he thought.  He then walked over to the table and sat down.  While tapping the pencil on his head, he began to formulate what he was going to write.  
After he was finished with the letter he placed it in the envelope and walked back to Minako’s house.  He paused right before dropping the envelope into her mailbox.
“I don’t know about this.” He thought out loud.
“Ow!”  Mamoru yelled as another pebble landed on his head.  This one seemed to have a little bit more force behind hit.  He soon realized that the objects hitting his head did not happen on accident.  
“Okay Usako!  You made your point.”  The black-haired man quickly dropped the letter in the mailbox and continued on your way home.
Usa was that really necessary?”
“Yup Rei.”
“Well you know what?”
“What Rei?”
I thought so too.  It’s time for Mina to have her knight in shining armor.
You’re my knight in shining armor Rei.
“And you’re my princess Usagi.”
So what should we do until tomorrow morning Rei?”
“Lets slip back into the arcade and play more games Usa.”
“That sounds good to me Rei.  The winner gets a kiss.”
Rei smiled.  “Ooooh I know where this is going.  Alright you’re on!

End of chapter 5

**************************************************************** **************
Author Notes:
As usual did you love this chapter?  Was this chapter just plain awful?  Let me know.  Reviews are always appreciated.  Don’t keep me in the dark.  I want to thank everyone for your reviews so far.  They really mean a lot to me.  This was originally going to be a longer chapter but I felt that it would be easier to break the scenes up into smaller sections.