Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Moving Into Your Arms ❯ Taking A Chance ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Moving Into Your Arms
Disclaimer: I do not own Sailor Moon. If I did then I wouldn't be writing this. Naoko Takeuchi owns Sailor Moon.
Chapter 6- Taking a Chance
Minako spent the next day helping Ami and Makoto plan their wedding.  She checked her mailbox when she got home only to find a fancy envelope labeled with just her name on it.
“Hmmm that’s odd.  It’s a lovely envelope though.  I wonder what the letter is about.” she thought as she took the envelope upstairs and into her room.  She opened the envelope and read the letter.
“My dearest Minako,
I have admired your beauty from afar.  You have captivated my soul for the longest now.  It would be an honor if you and I could share a dance tonight.  Tokyo is having their tenth annual costume party located at the nearby recreation center.  The festivities began at 8:00 p.m.  If you were to come then I will be the man who places a flower on you.  I hope to see you there.
Yours truly,
Man of mystery”
“Man of mystery?  Who is that?” Minako asked herserlf.  “It’s probably some idiot playing a joke.  He probably wants to laugh at me being stood up.  I’m not going to this thing.” Minako said as she placed the letter back in the envelope.  She was about to rip the envelope until a hand stopped her out of nowhere.
“You should give it a second thought Mina.”  A raven-haired girl said.
Minako was frightened. “REI?!  Your dead!”
“Ummmm I know that but thanks for noticing.”
Minako’s door then opened.  A blonde leaped inside of the room.
“Surprise Mina!”  she yelled.
“Usagi!?”
“Are….you…two… ;.ghosts?”  Minako stammered.
Both girls looked at each other and then looked back at Minako.  “Boo!” they both said in unison.
“Wait a minute.  Usagi if you’re a ghost then why did you use the door?  Can’t you walk through walls?”
“I tried that before and it didn’t work so well so I think I will be sticking to doors for now.” Usagi said rubbing her forehead.  She still remembered the pain from when she first attempted to go through a wall.
“What have you two come?”
“Gee is that how you welcome your friends?”  Rei mocked.
“No….I didn’t mean it that way….I just.”
“Haha I’m kidding.  So tell me why you don’t want to go to this dance.”
“Well I haven’t had the best luck in dating, lately.  That letter just seems too good to be true.  It’s probably some idiot who wants to play games with my heart.”
“And what if it’s not?”  Rei asked.
“Then….I don’t know.”
“Tell me something Mina….judging by the type of envelope used and the contents of that letter, does it sound like an idiot to you?”
“Well….no but he still could be one.”
“Yes, that is still possible but then again it could also be “the one”.  I think you should take that chance and go.”
“Listen to my girlfriend Mina.”  Usagi added.  “She knows what she is talking about.             &nb sp;               
“I was scared to confess my feelings for Usagi at first.  I knew she was with Mamoru at the time but I still took that chance.  She could have easily rejected my feelings.  She could have not wanted to be my friend anymore but to my surprise she felt the same way about me.  She was just too scared to say anything.  I would have never known if I did not take that chance and just look at us now.”  Rei wrapped her arm around her lover and smiled.  “We are dead.”  
All three girls couldn’t help but to laugh at the dark irony.  
“I’m serious though Mina.  Still, even in death we are happy…..all because I took that chance.  You should take a chance too and go.  If it doesn’t work out then you can move on with your life.  If it does then you will be glad that you went.”
Minako still looked unsure.
“Mina you are my friend.  Would I ever lead you wrong?”
“No Rei.  You wouldn’t.”    
“We wouldn’t be here if we didn’t think you should go.”
“But….the dance starts at 8:00 p.m. and it’s already 7:30 p.m. I don’t even have a costume to wear.”
Usagi stepped in.  “Well I’m sure that the “original Sailor Scout” can figure something out.”  
“That’s right!  Give me one minute.”  Minako said as she went into her closet to grab some attire.  She then changed in the bathroom.
“How does this look?”  Minako asked coming out of the bathroom.
“It’s perfect.”  Usagi replied.
“I like it too.”  Rei said smiling.  “It’s quick and convenient.  You don’t have much time to get there so you should be going now.  If you hurry then I won’t even ask what you are doing with my mangas.”
“Well….I….um….you see….well….uhhhh….hey look at the time!  It’s 7:35 p.m. already.  I should get going now.  Bye!”
Minako sped out of the room quickly.  Rei laid down on the bed and picked up one of her mangas.  Usagi snuggled right beside her.  Rei moved the manga when Usagi tried to read along with her.
“Reiiiii!”
“My mangas!  Get your own!”
Usagi placed her lips on Rei’s cheek giving her an extended kiss.  Rei melted again and finally decided to share the manga with her.
“That won’t work all the time Usa.”
“Yeah….sure it won’t you big softie.”  Usagi joked.
Both girls giggled as Usagi laid her head on Rei’s shoulder and began to read along with her.
End of chapter 6
********************************************************************* ********
Author Notes:  
Did you like this chapter?  Was this chapter just plain awful?  Let me know.  Reviews are always appreciated whether they are good or bad.  Don’t keep me in the dark.  I’m looking forward to the next chapter myself.