Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Moving Into Your Arms ❯ The Dance ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Moving Into Your Arms
Disclaimer: I do not own Sailor Moon. If I did then I wouldn't be writing this. Naoko Takeuchi owns Sailor Moon.
Chapter 7- The Dance
When Minako finally arrived at the party, she took a seat.  It was already 8:00 p.m and couples were starting to dance.  She scanned the room for any male without a partner to see if he was the mystery man but to no avail.  Minako began to feel even more lonely and stupid.
“See?  No mystery man here.”  Minako thought.  “I knew I should have stayed at home.”
Right when she said that the double doors opened.  She saw a caped man in a black tuxedo with white glasses over his face.  This man walked over to Minako.
“Hey Mamoru!  I see you are going as Tuxedo Mask.”  
“Hey Minako!  I couldn’t find another costume in time so this would have to do.”
“Yeah same here.  This was kind of last minute for me.”
“Well I like your Sailor V attire.  It’s fitting of you.”
“Thanks and same goes for your outfit Mamoru.  So what brings you here?”
“Do you remember the lucky lady you asked me about yesterday?”
“Yes I do.”
“Well I asked her to meet me here.  I’m finally going to tell her how I feel about her tonight.”
“Awww well good luck Mamoru.  Some guy sent me an invitation to come and dance with him but I haven’t seen him yet.  I’m thinking he was just playing a cruel joke on me.  Anyways I should let you go and wait on her.  I hope everything goes well.”
“Thanks.  I hope so too Mina.”
Mamoru moved closer to Minako and produced a rose from his hand out of nowhere.  He then knelt in front of her and crowned her head with the rose.  Minako’s mouth opened only to say no words.  Mamoru extended his hand out to the blonde and smiled.
“Would you like to dance Minako?”
“Wait, you’re the mystery man?”
“Yes.  You were the lucky lady you were asking me about.  It would be an honor to have a dance with you if you let me.”
Minako blushed while her hand connected with his.  “Oh Mamoru, I would love to dance with you.”
The next couple of hours slowly passed as the two danced to various tunes.  When the party was nearing the end, the two waltzed to a slow song.  
“So tell me more about this lucky lady Mamoru.”
“Well she is a beautiful woman that I have fallen for.  She makes me happy every time I see her.  I am very thankful to have her in my life.  It hurts me to see her with other guys who fail to see her inner beauty like I do.  I just wish that she could see her true worth.  She is a precious jewel that I want to protect and love.  ”
Minako’s voice became soft.  “Mamoru….”
“Yes Mina?”
“You were the special guy I was referring to earlier.  I didn’t think you would be interested in someone like me.  You’re so wise and mature and I’m-”
Mamoru cut her off there, “You’re a beautiful and intelligent woman.  I love you just the way you are.  You know, actually I thought you wouldn’t be interested in me.  I know I can be a bit bland at times but-“
“And I love you just the way you are too Mamoru.  Plus you can’t be that bland “Mr. Man of Mystery.”  
As the final song finished, they gazed into one another’s eyes once again.
“Minako will you have me as your prince?”
“Yes I will.  Will you have me as your princess.”
Mamoru kissed her forehead.  “It would be my honor.”
When the festival came to a close, the two left hand in hand from the building.
************************************************************* *****************
“Usagi, wake up.”
A sleepy Usagi yawned while waking up.  Usagi and Rei were still in Minako’s bed.  They fell asleep shortly after reading the mangas.
“Crap!  Rei how long have we been sleep?
Rei looked at the clock.  
“We have been sleep for a while.  It’s midnight.”
Usagi looked out of the window and saw Mamoru and Minako in the yard talking.
“We overslept? Awwww Rei, we missed them dancing together!”
Rei walked over to the window and saw them.  Minako was now leaned back into Mamoru’s arms as the shared a deep and loving kiss.  Mamoru had his cape wrapped around her.
Once the two finally caught their breath, Minako spoke in a whisper.
“I love you Mamoru.”
“I love you too Mina.”
Rei and Usagi smiled.
“Well I think they finally figured it out Usa.”
“Yup.  Our job is done now but we should check just to make sure Rei.”
The two girls went to the yard and stood where the couple could easily see them.  However, neither Mamoru or Minako saw them.
“Mamoru! Minako!”  Usagi screamed at the couple.  The two did not hear her.
“Yeah our job is done now Rei.”  Usagi confirmed.
The two girls left them as the newly formed couple kissed again.
“Mamoru what made you decide to tell me your feelings.”
“You would think I’m crazy if I told you.”
“Try me.”
Mamoru was honest.  “Well, it was Rei and Usagi.”
“I knew those waitresses looked familiar.  So you saw them too Mamoru? ”
“Yeah, they practically forced me to tell you.”
Minako laughed, “Yup that sounds like them alright.  I originally had no plans to attend the dance but they convinced me.  I’m glad they helped because now, I have my prince.”
“I’m glad they helped as well.  If this is a dream then I never want to wake up from it.  Did I tell you that I love you already?”
“You could never say those words too many times Mamoru.”
“Good.  I love you Mina.”
“I love you too Mamoru.
They kissed again under the night sky with even more passion than before.  Neither one of them had to hide their feelings from each other ever again.

End of chapter 7
********************************************************************* *********
Author notes:  What did you think about this chapter?  Did you love it?  Did you hate it?  Let me know.  Don’t keep me in the dark here.  The story isn’t over just yet.  I hope to wrap it up within the next few chapters so hang in there!