Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Moving Into Your Arms ❯ A New Era ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Moving Into Your Arms

Disclaimer: I do not own Sailor Moon. If I did then I wouldn't be writing this. Naoko Takeuchi owns Sailor Moon.
Chapter 8- A New Era

1000 years later
Location: Somewhere beautiful

“Oh Rei, that was amazing!” Usagi panted as she collapsed onto her chest.  “You’re a wonderful lover.”
“I’m glad you enjoyed it princess.  One would think we would get tired of this after a thousand years but nope.”
“Not at all Rei.  Each and every time is a special one.  I can’t believe it has been a thousand years already. Crystal Tokyo would have existed by now.”
“That’s right Usa!  We should see what the Earth looks like now.”
They looked at a vision of Tokyo from where they were at.  Everything was frozen in layers of ice.  When they looked closer, they noticed that there was an outdoor wedding taking place with a small audience that consisted of Makoto, Ami, Hotaru, Haruka, Michiru.  Usagi and Rei then saw the bride and groom frozen together with their lips connected.
“That’s Minako and Mamoru Rei!  They got married!”
“Awww they finally tied the knot Usa.  I’m so happy for them!”
“Me too Rei but where is Setsuna and Chibiusa?”
“Considering that she can see the future, she probably took Chibiusa and left Earth before they could get frozen.”
“Well she could have let the others known.  Oh Rei what are we going to do?   I wish I could help them but I don’t have the Ginzuishou in its physical form anymore.”
Rei thought about possible solutions.  “Wait a minute.  Could the Ginzuishou be rebirthed into someone, even if it’s in a spiritual form?”
“I don’t know Rei.  The Ginzuishou has never been used outside of the royal bloodline before. However, I don’t see why it couldn’t be as long as the person has a pure heart.  I could try.”
“Now you just have to choose who Usa.  They all have a pure heart.”
Usagi looked at the bride and then looked back at Rei who nodded at her.
“Another mission Usa?”
“You know it Rei.”
“We might want to put some clothes on first.”
“Yeah, that would be good.”
********************************************************** *******************
“MARS FIRE IGNITE!”
Rei’s attack melted through the layers of ice that surrounded Mamoru and Minako.
“OWWW OW OW OW OW HOT OW!”  the newly married couple yelled.  Rei’s attack obviously worked.
“You’re welcome.”  Rei smiled.
The coupled looked at Rei and Usagi who were standing right in front of them.
“Rei?  Usagi? What has happened?” Minako asked while looking around.
“The ecological disaster has happened and since then, everyone on Earth was placed in a deep slumber. It has been a thousand years already.  I was supposed to unfreeze the Earth by now and bring it into a new era.”  Usagi said.  
“I remember that.  So does this mean that you and Rei have somehow been revived in order to do so?”
“Nope. We’re still dead.  Sorry.”  Usagi replied in a joking manner so the mood wouldn’t be too depressing.  “However, I believe that the Ginzuishou can be rebirthed into someone with a pure heart.  That person will have the ability to unfreeze this Earth.  Minako, as the leader of the senshi, I have chosen you for this task.”
“But princess, I’m not sure if I can do such a task.”
“I have faith in you Minako.  I know you can do it.”
Minako was still unsure about the decision.
“I understand your concerns Minako.”  Usagi said smiling.  “If it is your wish not to do this then I can have Sailor Mars go around torching everything in sight until all of the ice is melted instead.”
Rei, who really didn’t feel like melting the whole planet, whispered to Minako.
Choose the Ginzuishou.”
Mamoru looked at his wife.  “My love, you wouldn’t be alone in this.  We can rebuild Earth together.”
“Do you really think I can do this Mamoru?”
“I know you can.  I believe in you.  Usagi and Rei believe in you as well.  You have the maturity and the wisdom in order to restore this Earth.”
“Plus we wouldn’t be here if Usagi didn’t think you could handle this.”  Rei added.  “We are your friends and we would never mislead you.”
“Well Usagi, if you really think I can do this then I will accept the Ginzuishou.”
“Very well Minako.  Give me your hands.”
Minako obeyed and locked hands with Usagi.  A powerful and blinding light beamed from Usagi’s chest as the Ginzuishou exited her body and went into Minako’s.  Minako gasped as she could feel the power of the Ginzuishou rush through her body.  By the time the light dimed, Usagi had taken the form of her future self.
“Neo Queen Serenity?”  Minako asked.
“Please, just call me Serenity.  Minako, you now wield the power of the Ginzuishou.  Use that to restore Earth.  Your senshi will be there to help you along with your husband.”
Serenity then spoke to Mamoru.  “Mamoru, this will not be an easy task but once it is completed, it will bring you and your wife even closer.  You must never neglect any of her needs.  Be there for her when she needs support or just someone to talk to.”
“Hai Serenity, I will.”
“The same goes for you Minako.  You must never neglect your husband.  There will be times when rebuilding the Earth will be just as stressful for him.  Be there to take his stress away.”
“Hai Serenity, I understand.”
“Above all, always put your love for one other first and remember that Rei and I will always be there with you two.”
Serenity and Rei gave Minako and Mamoru a hug before disappearing.  As they faded out, Serenity’s voice still could be heard.  
“Good luck Mamoru and Minako.  I love you both.”
Rei’s voice chimed in.  “Remember to keep your love first.  That will be very important in your upcoming task.”
The married coupled looked at each other and then looked around at all of the ice surrounding them.
“Looks like we better get started now Mamoru.”
Mamoru held her hand.
“Are you ready love?”
“Hai Minako.  I am.”
The Ginzuishou’s light radiated from Minako’s chest and stretched across the entire Earth, unfreezing the planet.  It was the beginning of a new era.

End of chapter 8
********************************************************************* *********
What did you think about this chapter?  Did you love it?  Was it plain awful?  Let me know.  All reviews are appreciated, whether they are good or bad.  Don’t keep me in the dark.