Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Moving Into Your Arms ❯ A Parent's Love ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Moving Into Your Arms
Disclaimer: I do not own Sailor Moon. If I did then I wouldn't be writing this. Naoko Takeuchi owns Sailor Moon.
Chapter 10- A Parent’s Love
Five years later
Location: The Palace Gardens
“Serenity, this place is beautiful.  Mina and Endymion did a wonderful job creating the gardens.”  Rei said while she and Serenity were leaning on a tree.
Serenity pointed to a hill that wasn’t too far away. “Speaking of the couple Rei, they are over there.  Look at the king and queen of Crystal Tokyo.”
Neo Queen Venus was resting her head on King Endymion’s lap.  She laid herself carefully on the blanket so that her long, beige gown would not get dirty.
“They are so cute together Rei.”
“I know Serenity.  It is almost like they were destined for each other, just like us.”
A little pink-haired girl came running towards the king and queen with some flowers.
“Is that-?”  Rei questioned.
“Mommy!  Daddy!  I picked these for you.”
“Oh sweetie these are adorable!” Neo Queen Venus exclaimed.  “Thank you Chibiusa.”  
King Endymion took a flower and placed it in his wife’s hair just like he did over a thousand years ago. He then took another flower and placed it in his daughter’s hair.
“I’m surrounded by two beautiful ladies whom I love very much.  I couldn’t ask for a better family.”  the king spoke in a deep voice.   
Chibiusa looked on as her father leaned in to kiss her mother.
Not in front of our daughter Mamoru.” the queen whispered in a giggle.
“Why not?  She should know that her father loves her mother.  Chibiusa, I love your mother a lot.  She makes very happy.  I hope one day that you will be able to find a person that makes you happy.”
“But you and mommy already make me happy.”
King Endymion hugged his daughter.  “Good.  That means you can be my little girl forever then.”
“Yup.  Can I go play now daddy?”
“Of course you can honey.”  Neo Queen Venus answered.
 “Yay!  I promise to be very careful.”
“Okay sweetie.  Have fun!”
Serenity and Rei stared at each other with their jaws dropped.
“Chibiusa is now the daughter of King Endymion and Neo Queen Venus?”  Serenity asked her lover.
“That’s what it looks like, but how?  Setsuna said that we were the ones keeping her alive.”  Rei answered.
“You two were.”  a voice called out from behind them.  They turned around and saw Setsuna.
“Setsuna, you said that everything would be explained in time.  That was over a thousand years ago.  I think now would be a great time to explain now.” Serenity said.
“Very well.  On the day before Rei confessed her love for you, I glanced into the future to see what would happen.  Crystal Tokyo was still there but Chibiusa ceased to exist so I went to Crystal Tokyo on that day and explained to Endymion and Serenity about the changes that were soon to come because of what was happening in the past.  It turned out that Endymion already had his suspicions about who Serenity truly loved but they still married only out of destiny.  I offered to take Chibiusa for them before she was erased from history in that timeline and used my powers to preserve her.”
“Preserved her?” Rei questioned.
“Yes.  However, I could not preserve her forever.  She had to have parents that lived in the future relatively soon or she would not have existed and that’s where you two came in.”
Setsuna could see that Rei and Serenity were confused.  They had they “get to the point” look on their faces so she simplified her statements.
“Chibiusa is alive because you brought Mamoru and Minako together in the past.  She retains her looks and personality from the power of the Ginzuishou that Serenity rebirthed in Minako.
“Ooooooh!” Serenity and Rei both said in unison.
“Had you two not brought them together, then Chibiusa would not have existed.  The Ginzuishou would have been rebirthed into anyone and Earth would still be frozen.”
Serenity and Rei smiled at each other.  They then saw Chibiusa run towards Setsuna with a bunch of flowers in her hand.
“Here you go Setsuna.”  Chibiusa said while picking out a few flowers to give her.
“Why thank you Small Lady.”
“You’re welcome.”  
Chibiusa then turned her gaze to Serenity and Rei and gave them flowers.  Serenity and Rei’s jaws dropped again.
“You can see us Chibiusa?!”  Serenity asked in shock.
“Yes Serenity.  Setsuna gave me the ability to see you and Rei.  I can never forget my first mama.  I still love you.”
Tears glistened in Serenity’s eyes as she kneeled to hug her former daughter.  “Oh sweetie I love you too.  It looks like you are getting along great with your mother and father.”
“Yes mama.  I love my daddy and new mommy so much! They give me a lot of love.”
“That is great sweetheart!  I’m glad they are treating you well.”
Rei attempted to slide away from the two embracing in order not to ruin the moment.  However, she was pulled down with them by Chibiusa’s arm.
“Don’t leave Rei.”  Chibiusa commanded.  “I love you just as much as I love Serenity.  I’m glad my mommy can be with you forever.
Rei tried to keep her own eyes from glistening with tears as Chibiusa latched onto her.
“Well thank you Chibiusa.  I love you too hun.”
“I wish you two could stay with us forever.”
“Oh but we will sweetie.  We will always be with you forever.” Serenity said.
“Yeah and if you ever need to talk to us, just meet us right here at this tree and we will be there for you.”  Rei added.
“Really?  They can do that Setsuna?”  Chibiusa asked.  
Setsuna nodded.  “You’re a very wise girl for your age so I think you can handle it.”
“Chibiusa sweetie, the picnic is ready!”  Neo Queen Venus called out to her.
“I have to go now but I will talk to you two soon.”  Chibiusa said as she hugged the women one more time.  “Bye mommy.  Bye Rei.  Bye Setsuna”.
The ladies said their goodbyes to Chibiusa and watched her run up the hill to her parents.  They were already feeding grapes to each other.  The king and queen even made a game out of it by trying to catch the grapes in each other’s mouths.
“Mommy, daddy, you two are silly!”
Neo Queen Venus smiled at her daughter.  “Silly and in love dear.  Here try to catch one yourself.”  
Venus quickly threw a grape at Chibiusa.  To her surprise, daughter actually caught it in her mouth.  Her parents cheered her on and continued with their game.  Chibiusa looked downhill and saw her former mother sharing a kiss with Rei.  Setsuna was already gone.  Serenity and Rei smiled back at Chibiusa, waving goodbye to her one last time before they disappeared hand in hand.
She’s in good hands Rei.
Hai.  I know that Minako will raise her up to be a proper lady.
Do you think there’s an arcade in Crystal Tokyo?
Probably.  Why Serenity?
Because I want to challenge you again.  The winner gets a kiss.
I know what you really want.  I think you’re addicted Serenity.  Have you no self-control?
Nope.
Haha, I don’t either.  Let’s go!
I love you Rei, always and forevermore
I love you too Serenity, always and forever.
“Chibiusa, who were you having at just now?” Neo Queen Venus asked.
“You wouldn’t believe me if I told you mommy.”
“Try me.”
“Well, I was waving to angels.”
King Endymion and Neo Queen Venus grinned at each other.
“You mean Serenity and Rei?  They like to show up from time to time.” King Endymion said.
“You know about them daddy?”
King Endymion pulled his daughter closer to him.  “I sure do.  In fact, it is because of them that I have an amazing wife and daughter now.”  Silent tears fell from his eye.
“Don’t cry daddy.”
“I’m sorry dear.  I just get emotional every time I think about it.”
Neo Queen Venus wrapped her arm around her husband and kissed his cheek.  
Endymion wiped the tears from his eyes and looked at his family once more.  “We should eat now before the food spoils.”
The royal family had their picnic together.   When they were finished, Chibiusa was the first one to go back into the palace.  Before Endymion and Venus went back in, they turned around and looked at the sky.
“Thanks Rei.  Thanks Usako.” The king said in a gentle voice.
Endymion felt an object hit his head.  “Ow!”  He rubbed his head and investigated the ground.  He saw a small pebble by his foot.
Really Usako?”
The queen kissed Endymion’s head.  “I bet that’s her way of saying you’re welcome.”
The couple laughed as they went inside.

End of chapter 10

*************************************************************** **************
Author Notes:
So what did you think about the story?  Did you love the story?  Was this story just plain awful?   Reviews are always appreciated, whether they are good or bad.  Don’t keep me in the dark.  Let me know what you liked the most.  Perhaps you were more interested in the Rei x Usagi romance.  Maybe you were more interested in the Chibiusa aspect.  This is my first completed story.  I would like to thank all of my reviewers and I hope you all enjoyed the ride.  Looking back on it, this fanfic should have been titled “Moving On Into Your Arms” instead but “Moving Into Your Arms” is still good.  Thank you all for reading!