Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Neptune: Year One ❯ XV ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
-Neptune: Year One-

Disclaimer: I do not own Sailor Moon, nor am I making any profit off of writing this. Sailor Moon is owned by Naoko Takeushi, Toei and Kodansha.

--

-XV-

Takaiyo once again checked her watch and made a face. Michiru had left a little over an hour ago, saying something about the sea being stormy. Who did she think she was, Captain Ahab? Come to think of it though, she did say something similar once in the school cafeteria during the whole library incident. Just her luck to be a roommate to a temperamental artist.

Takayo brushed her red bangs back away from her eyes with her fingers. This was ridiculous. This was Michiru's big art show, and she was nowhere to be found. She decided to give the little prima donna another forty-five minutes, and then she was going to go out and look for her. Seething, the redhead crossed her arms. Wherever she was, Michiru Kaioh had better have a damn good reason for not being in the gallery.

--

She pulled the curtain back, looking out at what she not so humbly considered to be the most spectacular view in the solar system. Of all the moons circling all the sister planets of the Silver Millennium Kingdom, Triton alone traveled a retrograde orbit, orbiting Neptune in the opposite direction of Neptune's rotation. Her planet had a large blue spot similar to Jupiter's red one, a set of rings like Saturn (but much finer and less bulky than Saturn's. They were more delicate looking and refined, which suited her tastes much better), and the planet was a stormy sea of ocean blues and greens, not unlike the Earth when squinted at from Queen Serenity's palace. It was as if an artist took the best features of the other planets and brought them here for her benefit. There were even twelve other smaller moons orbiting Neptune along with Triton, a solar system within a solar system.

The planet Neptune itself appeared as a large blue-green ball rising above the horizon, with five of Triton's sister moons visible spread in a long diagonal line rising up from the left across her field of vision. Beyond them, the stars shone brightly, the Milky Way seemingly spread out before her for her benefit alone.

She turned away, allowing the curtain to once more fall across the window as she strode towards the large heated bath built into the marble floor of her private quarters. Steam rising from it's placid surface carrying with it the scent of lavender and jasmine from Earth. She disrobed, allowing her clothing to fall in a clump behind her as she came up to the edge of the bath and stepped out of the golden high-heeled sandals she'd been wearing. She descended the marble stairs within the bath, closing her eyes and smiling contentedly as she lost herself within her element.

A set of footsteps behind her alerted the princess that she was no longer alone. She heard a second set of clothes fall to the floor and felt the water around her move as another disturbed its tranquil surface. She smelled her lover's familiar scent just before a pair of arms wrapped around her from behind, their fingers brushing sensually against her breasts. She reached behind, her own fingers running through her love's sandy-blonde hair as her fellow princess nuzzled her face up against her neck, her warm breath against her jawline eliciting a soft moan of approval.

--

Haruka reached around Michiru from behind, leaning the girl's back against her as she finished undoing the buttons of her blouse. She quickly pulled the article of clothing off, the girl in her arms moaning a bit as she leaned her head back to rest on the racer's shoulder. The tomboy carefully lowered her back down onto the bench on her side, giving her a clear view of the lacerations on her back.

"Fucking hell," Haruka whispered as she turned away and reached for the first aid kit. The racer was still in nothing but her bra and panties as she grabbed the alcohol swabs and began to wipe away the clotted blood surrounding the wounds. The stinging sensation caused a slight whimper to escape the artist's lips as Haruka began wrapping hand fulls of cotton up in gauze. The blonde started to tape the thin gauze and cotton bundles to Michiru's back when she heard the artist begin to mumble something unintelligible. She bent down, placing her ear up against the other girl's mouth in order to try to hear what she was saying.

"Take me, my love..."

--

"Take me, my love," Princess Neptune purred as she turned around to look into the beautiful teal eyes she'd long ago fallen in love with. She reached up and stroked Princess Uranus' cheek as her milk-white flesh lay exposed to her lover's gaze. "Taste of my ambrosia," she whispered as she narrowed the gap between them. "Enter my waters, drown in my depths."

Their lips met, arms encircling one another as they lost themselves in the moment. Uranus began to guide her towards the side of the bath.

--

Haruka taped more cotton and gauze onto Michiru's back before wrapping bandages around the girl's entire torso, sealing in the gauze as it and the cotton soaked in blood from the wounds. As far as she could tell, although there was a lot of blood the wounds themselves were not terribly deep, which would help in healing. The girl continued to moan and purr as the racer turned her attention to the cuts on her upper arm whispering erotic words of love and lust as the racer continued to tend to her. Of all the strange things she'd witnessed today, she decided that the image of the unconscious girl in front of her having erotic fantasies would definitely have to be among the strangest.

As she started to wipe away at the blood on her tricep with the alcohol wipe, Michiru started to giggle.

--

They were both lying on the marble floor next to the scented bath, with Uranus laying on top of her. She giggled as the taller princess began to explore the hollow of her neck with the tip of her tongue. A mischievous grin played across Neptune's lips as she surprised her beloved with a quick shift of weight, sending Princess Uranus onto her back as she looked down, her legs straddling the sandy-blonde's hips.

--

"What the hell?!" Haruka gasped as both she and Michiru suddenly went tumbling off the bench to the cold tiled floor with a thud, the artist landing on top of the racer. "Michiru," she managed to say as the shorter girl opened her eyes, looking at her in an almost lurid way. She closed them once more and began to lower herself down, her mouth opening slightly as she started to close the gap between their lips.

Haruka's eyes shot wide open. "Michiru! Wha..." she was cut off by a slender finger placed against her lips. Michiru started to tilt her head for the kiss, when she suddenly stopped. Her face seemed to grimace in pain as her whole body shuddered. She pulled back from the tomboy with a groan, shaking her head and bringing her hand to her forehead as if she was coming out of a trance. Opening her eyes, she found herself sitting topless on the other girl's abdomen, the blonde looking up at her in nothing but her bra and panties. "What happened?" she asked groggily.

Haruka raised an eyebrow. "You don't remember?"

Michiru was about to open her mouth to answer when she gasped in pain. "The daemon," she groaned. She brought her hands up to cover her exposed breasts as she looked around. "Where's my blouse?"

"Over there," Haruka answered as she pointed to where the article of clothing lay on the floor. "It's kind of bloody at the moment though."

"Hmm... Then could you at least fetch me my bra?"

Haruka smirked. "I could if you got off me."

"Haruka," a voice called from outside the dressing room as someone knocked on the door, "What's taking you so long to get dressed? Is everything okay?"

Both girls froze as they looked at the door. "Er... I'm fine," Haruka answered, "I'll be out in a few." Michiru slowly rose up from the racer, wincing a bit as she stood on both feet. Haruka got up as well, grabbing the artist's bra and passing it to her as she began to try to clean up the first aid supplies strewn around them.

"Well," Michiru said as she strapped her bra on, "How do we get out of here in our undies?"

"We don't," Haruka responded as she put the first aid kit away and went to her locker. "We use the change of clothes I have here in my locker." She pulled out her boys school uniform and lay her pants, shirt, tie and jacket out on the bench. She then went back into the locker, moving stuff aside as she searched a back corner. "Here," she said as she pulled out a dress and blouse. "They're wrinkly and a bit big for you, but they should fit."

Michiru eyed the skirt and blouse suspiciously. "Whose are they?"

"Mine," Haruka answered as she buttoned up her shirt. "Or at least they were mine until a dream... Well, that's not important. Just put them on."

Michiru put the blouse on, being careful not to aggravate her already painful wounds as she did so. "Arigato," she said as she buttoned up the shirt, "Now if you could just return me to the art gallery in the downtown district..."

"Return you to the... Are you nuts?!" Haruka asked incredulously as she pulled her pants on, "Do you know how much blood you lost? We're getting you to a hospital."

"Oh?" the artist replied as she turned to her defiantly, "And exactly how would you propose to explain my injuries?" Before Haruka could answer, Michiru shook her head. "No," she said as she fastened the skirt around her waist, "We have to cover this up. It won't be the first time I've had to hide injuries from others, and something tells me it won't be the last," she added gravely.

Haruka frowned as she studied the shorter girl. "Can you even walk?"

"I'm going to have to, aren't I?" she responded as she made her way slowly towards the door. "Tomorrow's Saturday. We'll both have the day off from school. Where do you want to meet?"

Haruka allowed a sigh. "I'll meet you outside your school grounds at eleven."

"Good," Michiru answered with a slight smile. "We have much to discuss."

"I suppose we do," Haruka answered as she started to open the door.

"Haruka," Michiru reminded her, "Your wand."

Haruka quickly went back to the bench and pocketed her henshin wand. She then passed by Michiru and, opening the door for her, led her out.

--

"There you are," Takaiyo said as she put her hands on her hips and glared angrily at Michiru. "You know I've been alone here for the last hour and a half for you? I... Michiru-chan? Michiru-chan, what's wrong? And what happened to your clothes?"

"It's a long story," the artist said as she made her way to a chair in the corner of the gallery next to a potted plant and sat down. "I'll explain later."

From outside the gallery, Haruka looked on silently through the glass front of the art gallery. She wanted to make sure that Michiru would be safe before she left. As she turned away and began to walk back towards where she parked her car, she tried to make sense of her burgeoning feelings for the artist and violinist. She'd first saw her as a beautiful stranger, then as a pest, and now? While part of her dreaded tomorrow as she thought of her new life and new mission, another part of her looked forward to it, to seeing her again and to the scent of roses that seemed to surround her like an aura. She looked uneasily over her shoulder back towards the gallery. She looked so fragile, so vulnerable, yet when she fought that monster she showed a strength Haruka never would've guessed was present. Still, she should've insisted on taking her to the hospital.

She stopped dead in her tracks when she got to the car. A tall statuesque woman was sitting on the hood, her eyes closed as she allowed the wind to blow past her luxuriously long hair. "Hey," Haruka said irritably as she came up to her. "What do you think you're doing? This is my car, you can't just..."

"When you wish to transform," the woman said calmly, seemingly oblivious to Haruka's indignation, "Hold the wand aloft and say 'Uranus planet power, make-up!'"

Haruka tilted her head a bit. "What?" she asked as the stranger gracefully stood up from the hood, "How do you know about the wand?"

"And when you wish to attack," the woman with the emerald green hair continued, "Say 'World Shaking!'" At that, she turned away, leaving the blonde momentarily speechless as she walked away.

"Wait!" Haruka shouted as she finally found her voice again. The stranger stopped, her back still to the racer, "Who the hell are you, anyways?"

"A friend," she replied, turning to offer a fleeting smile, "You can call me Setsuna." She then turned around once more, quickly vanishing from sight behind a white van.

"Hey," Haruka yelled as she ran after her, "Hey wait!" As she got to the van though, Setsuna was already gone. There was a chain link fence on the other side of the empty parking space next to the van, and a brick wall directly in front of it. The tomboy was at a loss as she looked around trying to figure out where she'd gone. Finally giving up, she turned around and, getting into her car, drove off.

-To Be Continued-