Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ New Scouts! ❯ Rei's Surprise! ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Rei woke with a slight yawn and got out of bed. She walked over to dresser and began to brush her black hair, looking in the mirror.

"Rei, come here! I have a job for you." Her grandpa shouted from the living room, waiting for his granddaughter.

"I'm coming Grandpa, don't get your boxers in a twist." Rei muttered the last bit under her breath as she dressed. Wearing her simple temple dress, she walked towards the living room as she froze at the sound of a gurgle.

She gasped as visions rushed through her mind.

"Protect the baby, Sailor Mars." A mysterious woman uttered as she gave Rei one last vision. Tears fell from the woman's eyes as she showed Rei her death before speaking one last time.

"She is your destiny."

The baby began to cry as Rei came to and walked to the living room.

"I found this baby on the step this morning, Rei. Isn't she adorable?" Grandpa asked, adjusting the baby's shawl as Rei instinctively picked her up.

"We'll have to call her Jessica-Rei for now until the authorities are informed." Grandpa told her, admiring the sleeping baby.

"Why Jessica-Rei?" Rei asked in a soft voice, the baby feeling slightly heavier.

"Because Jessica was your mother's name. And Rei is your name. Enough of the questions granddaughter, I must be getting on with my chores." Grandpa told Rei and picked up his broom, whistling. He went outside and started brushing up the leaves with Chad. She saw the coast was clear and felt for her communicator.

Rei flicked open her communicator watch and called for Usagi.

"Come here right now odango atama! I have some news." Rei told Usagi and Luna, ignoring Usagi's cries at being called a meatball head.

"We'll be straight over." Luna told Rei as she closed the communicator.

"Stop being such a crybaby Usagi. Pick up your locket and let's go." Luna ordered Usagi, nudging her locket at her.

Rei paced the living room anxiously, the baby growing heavier with each ten minutes. She looked down and almost screamed as she saw a toddler with tufty brown hair in her arms.

"What's wrong Rei? What's the emergency? I skipped lunch because of you!" Usagi said madly, looking shocked at the child in Rei's arms.

"Who's that?" Luna asked as she took control, ignoring Usagi as she ran about in shock.

"It's Jessica-Raye. My grandpa found her this morning but as soon as I heard her gurgle, I had a vision."

"What was the vision, Rei?" Luna asked, padding the floor with her paw in concentration.

"This woman told me to protect her, that it was my destiny. She knew I was Sailor Mars and what's scarier Luna is that Jessica-Raye's grown since this morning."

"We should call a scout meeting. Usagi, use your communicator and tell the others to come here. This is serious business. After Raia, we should take no precautions." Luna said to them, wondering who this baby could be.