Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ New Scouts! ❯ A Scout's Surprise! ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
On the other side of town, Jessica gripped the bookshelf heavily as she blacked out. She heard her voice telling the black haired girl to protect the baby before waking up, a textbook on child development covering her face.

"What was all that about?" Jessica whispered, taking the textbook from her face and saw a piece of paper.

She read it aloud before picking up her stuff and leaving the library. She read the leaflet once again as she stood outside the temple and took a deep breath before knocking on the door three times.

The girls were in the middle of an argument over who would read the latest manga when the door knocked.

"It's my turn!" Minako shouted, tugging on Usagi's odango as Ami and Makoto tried to prise them apart.

"I always read it first!" Usagi howled, crying like a little baby as Rei shook her head and answered the door.

"Hello, can I help you?" Rei asked the black haired girl politely as Jessica tried to think of something to say.

"Well I found your leaflet earlier and it told me to come here. I'm quite interested in temples." Jessica rambled, seeing Rei look at her strangely.

"I'm getting strong vibes from this girl." Rei thought before speaking again.

"You can come in and browse if you like, you'll have to ignore my friends though. My name's Rei, my grandpa owns this temple." Rei told the girl, letting her step inside before shutting the door.

"My name is Jessica. You know, it feels like I've been here before." Jessica said quietly, following Rei into the living room as a triumphant Minako read the manga.

"These are my friends Minako, Odango Atama, Makoto and Ami." Rei pointed out each girl and smiled evilly at Usagi.

"My name is Usagi, not Odango Atama." Usagi told the girl with a gentle smile.

Jessica nodded before saying her name. "My name is Jessica. I'm new here to Tokyo."

She locked eyes with Rei and stood still as a name flashed in her mind.

"Princess Mars." Jessica whispered in awe, curtsying. "I have been searching for you since I was awakened."

Rei looked at Jessica with a frightened look, wondering how the girl knew her identity.

"I am Sailor Peace." Jessica told them all after realising they were sailor scouts like her.

They were about to speak as a teenager stood in the doorway. She looked at the woman in front of her and held her staff tightly.

"Mother."