Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Of Demons and Love ❯ A Little Rounder ( Chapter 21 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Of Demons and Love
Author: Quintyss

Chapter 21 (M)
A Little Rounder

The evening rays of sun filtering through the fire room's windows were as the dying embers in the fire pit in hue. Rei looked shyly at Usagi's upturned face that lay upon her breast.

"Usagi, love, would you play something for me on your guitar?" She asked hesitantly.

Usagi knew Rei was aware of the fact that her Mother's guitar was the only one that came back from Makoto's with them. She studied Rei's features carefully. "Are you sure, sweetheart?" She asked slowly.

Rei nodded affirmatively and swallowed the lump that suddenly rose in her throat. She smiled, when the object of her affection, leaned in to kiss her briefly.

"I'll be right back, my dark angel," Usagi said and got up off her mate with a smile. Usagi picked the abandoned jewelry up off of the floor to go put them away. Rei watched as her mate's exquisite naked form sashayed down the hallway and disappeared towards the benjo-less benjo room.

"Mine!" Rei whispered possessively. She sat up, thinking the bathroom wasn't such a bad idea, then ran into her room to use her private one. When Rei came out, she heard the guitar being tuned in Usagi's room. Rei slipped back into the fire room and tended to the fire before it died out completely.

Usagi's breath caught in her throat upon seeing her lover kneeling naked before the sacred fire. She was totally taken, once again, by Rei's sheer beauty, power, and grace. She recovered her composure and walked into the room with the weathered guitar case. She pulled the futon against the wall, set her guitar down next to it, then went to grab a few pillows out of the changing room closet. When she returned with her armload, Rei lay upon the futon in all her magnificence. Usagi's knees felt weak and she crumpled to them next to Rei, barely able to breathe... "You are so irresistibly gorgeous, Rei!" Usagi voiced with an ache. She locked her lips onto Rei's seductive ruby ones. "I can't seem to get enough of you!" She said ardently and kissed her once more.

Rei's eyes moistened with Usagi's honest display of emotion. She grasped Usagi's shoulders and gently pushed her far enough away to take in her angel's delicate, facial features. She gazed into the depths of those guileless sapphire eyes for a moment or two, before she spoke.

"And Heaven wept when you came to me, my love, now I shall forever be your home," Rei whispered. She cradled Usagi's rosy-cheeked face and kissed her lips warmly and thoroughly. When they came up for air, Rei breathed and softly spoke, "you make me feel so alive, so very loved. You fill me with more joy than I deserve or can ever express!" Rei smiled tenderly at her princess.

Usagi absolutely melted inside. Rei could probably charm the feathers off of her blackbirds with that smile! She propped herself up against the wall and stretched her long shapely legs out. Usagi placed the refurbished guitar across her thighs and heard Rei's breath suck in suddenly.

"Usagi, my mo... your guitar is beautiful!" She exclaimed in disbelief. Her partner's lips curled up drolly and an eyebrow arched.

"Yes, Rei-chan, your mother's guitar *is* a beautiful instrument! Your mother loved you very much, Rei, and she wanted you to find joy in something that gave her joy." Usagi said quietly, "It is my intention to help her, by creating new memories that will bring about that happiness." She continued earnestly and noticed her beloved's internal struggle. When Rei's trembling hand reached over to touch the Kohno, tears glistened in the amethyst eyes. Usagi clasped her lover's hand, squeezed it gently, then drew it up to her lips to kiss.

"Thank you... I think." Rei replied with a watery smile. She put a pillow under Usagi's knees to make her more comfortable, then added another on top of her lover's lower lap for herself. She laid her head on top of the pillow to face Usagi then drew her own knees up to get comfortable.

This one is sort of sad, but it makes me think of what you have overcome. She played Meredith Brooks' 'Nobody's Home'. By the time Usagi's soft mezzo-soprano voice finished the last note, Rei's jaw quivered unbidden. She hadn't allowed any tears to be shed into her pillow, although when she smiled up at her mate, she noticed her sensitive Hime hadn't fared so well.

Rei reached out to touch the wetness on the cheek above her. "You needn't cry over me anymore, Usagi, I'm okay now. You've already helped me to accept my past and am content to move on. With you by my side, how could I not?" She said gently, "You can move on, too, and sing whatever it is in your heart for me without worry."

Usagi sniffed and grinned sheepishly. "Sorry, Babe, but that song got to me before I ever knew about you! I'm just a big lush. I'll try not to sing any more sad songs, for both our sake's!" Usagi said solemnly with a wink.

Usagi stroked ebony bangs from Rei's eyes with her fingertips and spoke with a catch in her voice. "I want to play, 'Answer' for you, by Sarah Mclachlan," she smiled, "but first I want you to have these, my Dark Angel, they might save me." Usagi smiled shyly and reached into her subspace pocket and handed Rei a bouquet of Casablanca Lilies.

Rei gasped, "Oh! They are so beautiful! How did you know?"

"I'll never tell." Usagi chuckled and began to play.

Answer

I will be the answer at the end of the line
I will be there for you while you take the time
In the burning of uncertainty, I will be your solid ground
I will hold the balance if you can't look down

If it takes my whole life, I won't break, I won't bend
It'll all be worth it, worth it in the end
'Cause I can only tell you what I know
That I need you in my life
When the stars have all gone out
You'll still be burning so bright

Cast me gently into morning
For the night has been unkind
Take me to a, a place so holy
That I can wash this from my mind
The memory of choosing not to fight

If it takes my whole life, I won't break, I won't bend
It'll all be worth it, worth it in the end
'Cause I can only tell you what I know
That I need you in my life
When the stars have all burned out
You'll still be burning so bright

Cast me gently into morning
For the night has been unkind

She played a couple of songs that said she wouldn't be where she was today if it weren't for the encouragement and truth that came from their friendship. She played a few that told how much she loved her soulmate, then finished with one that stated how the love she had for her wouldn't change, though they are old and gray. She also played some songs she had written especially for her, then placed the guitar back into the well-worn case.

It appeared that her crooning had put her beloved to sleep. The midnight tresses had fallen across her face, her bangs were in her closed eyes again... and the pillow was wet. Usagi smirked inwardly. I guess my music can lull someone to sleep faster than homework can! She pushed Rei's hair over an alabaster left shoulder, then used a finger to tidy the dark bangs away from the reposed eyelids. She took up a calloused left hand into her own, then drew it to her lips to kiss. She sighed.

"What am I going to do with you, sleepyhead, I'm trapped!"

Usagi lifted the pillow heavy with Rei's head, then scooted out from under it to make her escape. Usagi went to Rei's bathroom, where her own toothbrush was, and noticed that Rei's toothbrush was already wet, the sly dog. When she got back to the fire room, Rei had unfurled her 5'-10" body. Her long shapely legs draped pitifully over the side of the futon.

Usagi snickered and crawled onto the bed near the tousled raven tresses of her love as a soft sigh escaped the slightly swollen ruby lips. Usagi bent to kiss them and Rei roused just enough to respond.

Rei murmured sleepily, "Thank you for sharing your heart, Angel." She paused then added, "I think we had better retire to my bedroom before we are, quite literally, caught with our panties down."

"You're welcomed, love, and I agree with you. We have been so spoiled reposing by this fire, I almost resent Grandpa coming back." Usagi smacked Rei's shapely backside. "I think we should tell our resident Guji about us as soon as he gets back tomorrow."

Rei nodded in agreement. "I don't think we will be able to hide our relationship from him," Rei purred while climbing onto the futon in her own room. "Personally, I never intend to sleep alone again!" Usagi was close behind her bearing the old guitar case.

Usagi settled in next to her Miko. "You know, Mako and Ami have never said anything, but I think they may have bonded, too. There seems to be a mental connection between them from the way they fight. Don't you think?" Rei nodded but wasn't given the opportunity to reply. "I don't really care," Usagi went on, "I'm all for the preservation of my Senshi's happiness, so long as their duty to me isn't jeopardized. I am curious to know how they summoned the gods if it's true." She eyed Rei momentarily. "If they are lovers, I think we should try to be as circumspect as they are in public. We are certainly used to a life of secrecy, what's one more, hmmm?"

Rei giggled at the last statement, "That's for sure!" She granted and Usagi continued with a smile.

"If any of my Senshi asks me about us directly, I won't deny it... and you needn't either. Mamoru already knows because I wanted his permission to go ahead with our bond. I felt his approval as we completed our bond ceremony." She leaned in to share a kiss and got it. Then she gave Rei a synopsis of all that was shared the day she broke up with Mamoru.

As the sun's rays dipped below the horizon, the two rested in quiet pensiveness for a spell. Exhaustion had taken its toll and both were very glad they had no commitments for the next day. At length, Rei stirred once more.

"Angel?" Rei began drowsily.

"Hmmm?" Usagi's lips vibrated against Rei's neck as she nuzzled into it.

Rei peered over the top of Usagi's silvery blonde head through eyelids that drooped sleepily. "Can we go see Sarah Mclachlan in concert if she tours in Japan?" Rei solicited fuzzily.

Usagi lifted her head to gaze at Rei in amusement and replied, "Wild youma couldn't keep me away! But you'll have to wait in a nasty long line, so I can have her autograph my Kohno case." She teased the fire Senshi, who growled at her fiercely. She chortled. "You know... we can go to see Heart together in a few months. I always wanted to be Nancy Wilson when I grew up! I think I'll bring my Les Paul for Anne to sign." Usagi grinned drolly when Rei's eyes flew open.

"You wouldn't *dare* bring that thing to a concert with you!" Rei responded threateningly.

Usagi rolled her eyes. This was way too much fun! "I would dare. I'll never fit into your square little world, Rei!" She finished with a wink.

Rei grinned slyly at her lover and intimated, "Oh, I think my world has gotten a whole lot rounder, and you... fit perfectly in it." Rei kissed Usagi deeply and took both of their breaths away.

Usagi closed her eyes and sighed contentedly as she nestled comfortably into the crook of her lover's arm with her head upon a bare shoulder. After a few minutes of relaxed silence, Rei covered her princess' right hand that lay upon her left breast with that of her own. "Usagi, I want to try out my disguise pen..."

Usagi's eyes popped open. "Whaaat?"

Rei whispered seductively, "it lasts a whole hour..."

Usagi gasped. "Oooooh!"

They made long, slow tender love to one another until sleep overtook them...

***

"REEEEEEEEIII! Why are there cats lying on a futon in front of my sacred flames!"

***

-Fine-

Hope you enjoyed my fic. I know I did. That's a wrap!


Author's Notes:

Feb./25/2002 Original Date Finished This has been sitting in my docs for a long time. It's has been heavily revised since then.

For those special readers who have experienced my portrayal of either Rei's past, or Usagi's, I pray you have found peace and your own 'Shugo Tenshi'.

Japanese Term

Shugo Tenshi- Guardian Angel

My thanks:

To Takeuchi Naoko, for creating the Sailor Moon series manga.
To my family, whom I shamefully ignored while I wrote this.
To the readers, who slogged through my first fic to the end.
To Musicians who soothe the savage beast within.

Note: Please support musicians by buying their albums. Musicians get paid from only a small percentage of album royalties. Their label receives the lion's share.

Special thanks to Mr. Chris Davies for his vision of Silver Millennium Mars.

References:

Gilles Poitras' 'The Anime Companion'
Pierre Grimal's 'The Penguin Dictionary of Classical Mythology'

Online references:

Encyclopedia Mythica
Japanese/English dictionary
Selene the Goddess
Welcome to Characters of Greek Mythology
The Shinto Online Network Association

In Memorial: My heartfelt love and prayers to those families who lost loved ones during the terrorist attacks on Sept. 11, 2001. Also to those who gave their lives in rescue during and after the devastation. My gratitude to the many who continue to lay their lives on the line for others. Thank you.