Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Portrait Of A Princess (Mercury) ❯ Portrait Of A Princess (Mercury) Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Portrait Of A Princess (Mercury)
Chapter 3
By Essence


Please read and review!!!!! I always enjoy all the comments I get and even the flames because I can use them to improve my writing. Thank you!

Portrait Of A Princess (Mercury)
Chapter 3

" Tell me Ami, what troubles you so?" Lita asked the quiet girl sitting across from her.

Ami looked up from gazing across the grass, one cheek resting in her hand.
" What? Oh, it's noting Mako-chan. I'm just letting my mind wander," Ami lied giving the girls a sweet smile and sitting up in her chair.
" Isn't daydreaming what Mina does?" Rei quipped sarcastically.
" Speaking of Mina, where is she?" Princess Serenity asked looking around the grounds has if to see Minako running toward them.
" Haven't you heard? She has been restricted to the castle grounds of her planet until after her wedding. It seems something happened that is so scandolus the queen will not let her leave the castle nor see her friends," Ami replied holding up one finger and pointing in to the sky where the planet of Venus was located.

All the girls looked up in the direction of Ami's finger but saw nothing but stars and in the distance the small red dot that made up Mars.
" I wonder why she is not allowed to leave the castle grounds?" Lita asked picking up her tea cup and rasing it to her lips.
" I'm not sure, the queen is keeping it very hush hush. That is all my mother was able to tell me. Not even the Queen Serenity will say anything, only that Minako will be allowed to join us for senshi training but under heavy scrutny from Luna and Artemis. We will not be able to know anything from her for she can tell us nothing." Ami crossed her arms over the glass table top and nodded her head.
" I would like to know what happened up there," Rei mummered still looking into the direstion of Venus.
" Ah, Ami-san I overheard your mother speaking to the Queen about your wedding. Have you started planning it already?" Lita asked changing the subject.

Ami fingered the chine tea cup feeling it's fluted edges.
" I'm not the one to really be planning it, she has seemed to take the most charge and now has this silly idea to have a double wedding with Venus. It's under no influence of Mina but I would much rather prefer a small cermony with only my family and friends and me has the bride. No one else but me," Ami replied studying the pale pink roses.

The other girls exchanged looks between them, Ami was diffrent now a days.
Lita looked to her friend, she wasn't the same girl she knew from before. Something was off and Lita planned on getting to the bottom of it.

* * * * *

Script writing, the act of writing fancy letters that no one can read for absolutly no purpose.
Lita groaned and threw down her quill pen, leaning back in her chair she let out a sigh and rubbed her head.

Ami looked up calmly from her own paper. row after row of perfect script staring up.
" I take it your fusterated with the way your letters are turning out?" Ami asked setting down her quill and picking up Lita's piece of paper.
" I just don't understand why we have to write like that if no one can even read it," Lita replied setting her chair back down and plopping her elbows on the table.

Ami was looking over the mess of letters written on the straight black lines.
" Your A's are nicely done but you forgot the proper number of loops in your B's and your L's looking they are about to fall off the page.
" I don't understand why there has to be a proper number of loops in each letter, it's not like someone is going to recieve a letter from me and the first they do is sit down and count the loops in my A's," Lita replied getting fusterated.
" No, but the Master will count them and do you want to hear him lecture about the way your Y is formed?"

Lita laughed softly so not to disturb the music lesson in the next room.
" Oh no, not another lecture about the proper curve of the stem!" Lita replied covering her heart in a mock gesture.

Ami giggled then became all serious and rose up to a dignified position.
" Now we must rember young ladies that the stem of the Y is curved like a flower petal and full of intricate loops," she said in deep bass voice. " Oh dear me, it is hot today, I seem to be sweating profusly."
Ami pulled out her handkerchief and pretended to wipe off her forehead.
" I say this weather doesn't seem to fit my constitution in the least bit," Ami said wiping her forehead even more and waving her hand in front of her face has if to cool down herself.
" Yes well it you didn't consume quite so many creme puffs then you wouldn't so heavy," Lita replied innocently.
" How dare you speak of my weight!" Ami replied in a shocked tone. " I may have the weight of 500 pound rock but there is no reason to insult me! A lady is dumb, docile, and never talks so please shut your mouth!"

Lita and Ami collasped into a fit of giggles, beinging careful to smother them into their hands so not to be heard over the music playing in the next room.
" Oh Ami, that was so funny," Lita laughed wiping tears from her eyes and picking up her forgotten quill pen.
" I'm sorry I tried to act like I enjoy his lessons but he drove me so nuts that I had to do it," Ami replied winking at Lita.

Lita smiled back just has the music lessons stopped in the next room and the sounds of voices and footsteps were heard coming to the door. The two girls quickly went back to their writing practice trying to look has if they were deep in concentration.

" Well Janette that was lovely, I'm afriad the lesson is over for today but I will see you again tomarrow," The master said opening the door to where Lita and Ami sat.
" Oh thank you Robert!" The girl gushed clutching her violin tightly in her hands.
" Robert?" Ami and Lita mouthed to each other.
" You see I'm always so pleased when you complement me on my work. I try so hard to be perfect," she added giving him a timid smile.
" My dear you are perfect has you are," Robert replied taking her hand and kissing the back.
A blush spread on her cheeks at the feeling of his kiss. She quickly bobbed a curtsy and rushed from the room giving Lita and Ami a brief wave. The two girls watched this all trying to squash the giggles that rose in their throats has the master came forward.
" Now lets see what you two have done," he said snatching up their pappers and comparing them. " Ami beautiful work has always, Lita this paper is in a sad state how will you ever learn to write perfectly like Ami here?"
Lita looked down, blushing furiously, anger rising in her. How dare he insult her!
" Oh dear me, it is hot today, I seem to be sweating profusly," he said pulling a scented white handkerchief and wiping his forehead.

Ami and Lita exchanged looks and hid their smiles behind their hands.
" Yes, quite now if we will go onto our music lessons. I look forward to see if you have practiced Lita," he said giving her a look and turning away to the other room.
" Old bag," Lita muttered under her breath shaking a fist at him.
" Now Lita, remeber he wouldn't be like that if you would simpaly practice your lessons," Ami replied taking a hold of Lita's hand and pushing it down.
" I do practice alot! Well not all the time, just when Margret makes or if I feel like it which is barely ever but still--"
" Ladies I'm waiting for you!" The master called in a annoyed tone.
" Lets go Lita before he exploded, what a mess that would be," Ami whispered taking her friends hand and leading her into the other room.


Ami smiled and waved to her, fluttering her fingers has Lita disappered into the teleportion tub, headed back to Jupiter.

It would be hours until Ami had to be on Mars for senshi training, 3 hours until she saw her friends again even Minako who would be freed from her punishment and allowed to venture off Venus.
Until then she was free to do anything she pleased, well almost anything. She knew that she must go into the castle and greet the guests with her Mother or prehaps find Father and sit with him. She had always enjoyed listining to the people of her planet bring their problems to him and to be able to solve them.
'" You have a good mind Ami, someday when you come of age you two will rule this planet,"'
Praise from her father was a rare thing, he was gone so much on peace keeping missions all over the galaxy but she always enjoyed seeing him when he returned.
Ami streched her arms over her head, sighing at the feel of pulling out the kinks.
" Prehaps I will go find father until I must leave. I haven't been able too see him since he left a week ago," Ami said happily heading for the throne room.

Inside another room, the queen poured a hot cup of tea into the fragile white cup. Across from her the princess Kakauya smiled and waited to be handed her cup. Her three soldiers sat next to her, Seyia was slumped in the chair arms behind his head, Takki was buried in a book and Yaten tried to stiffle a yawn.
" Here you go Princess," Queen Saphrian said picking up the cup and handing it to the Princess.
" Thank you," Princess Kakauya replied accepting the cup and turning the handle to face her.
" I wonder how is your trip to our planet treating you so far?" Queen Saphrian asked starting out the polite conversation.
" It is a wonderful and very beautiful planet you live upon but can be cold, tell me is it always like that?" Kakuya asked taking a sip of tea.
" I'm afraid so, our elemant is water and ice so I world is affected with it, the people of Mercury are used to it but a visitor that is new, it does take some getting used too," Queen Saphrian replied.

Seyia groaned softly and slipped deeper into the couch, he had yet to touch his tea. Takki continued to read while Yaten made a bored face and tried to stay awake, occasionaly taking a sip of his drink. This was not unnoticed by Queen Saphrian, but sensing it rude to ask the boys to leave she decided to ignore them and continued to chat with Princess Kakuya, hoping to edge the topic closer to what happened on Venus two weeks ago.
Meanwhile Ami was walking through the hall, swishing her skirts over her legs and whistling softly, something she didn't really do. Until she passed an open doorway and by chance noticed her Mother sitting with the Princess Kakuyua and her soldiers. Ami quickly ran through her mind trying to remeber if she had been told of the coming visit, but no memories surfaced. Not wanting to be noticed and forced to spend her free time sitting in a boring conversation, Ami quietly slipped past the door and scampered down the hall.
This was unoticed by the queen who was in the middle of a sentance about her daughters engagement but was noticed by Seyia who saw the blur of white. A smile spreading on his face has he sensed her intentions.
* * * * *

" My lord I come in front of you requesting this audience to discuss an issue that plagues us. A piece of land has recently come to property between my land and my neighbors. We are at a disagrement to who will own the land," the man finished holding his worn threadbare cap in dirt stained hands.

The king nodded and looked to his royal councilmen who stood on his right side writing down notes and flipping through others. A few words were passed between the two while Ami sat on the other side of her father. Legs tucked up under her, skirts falling gracefully while she came up with her own solution.
" Tell me, what is the acreage of the property?" Ami asked the man to the surprise of the court.
" 20 acres with a stream running through the back end," the man replied.
" Well then why don't you and your neighbor simpaly divide the property by 10 acres with the one who gets the stream sharing with the other," Ami pointed out.
" Yes but how we will know who gets the stream?" the man asked seriously doubting she could make up an answer to that question.
" It's very simple divided the property by your own land, you take the half that is closer to your land and he can take the land that is closer to his and where ever the stream is and who it is closer to means that person will own but must give free use to his neighbor," Ami replied sensing the man's doubt.
" Well---" The man began looking to the king.
" I agree it's a wonderful idea, that way both will have equal share, next person please!" he called out dismissing the man.
" Yes my Lord," the man replied bowing low then turning and leaving the room.
" Your highness if it would please you so, please keep out of your fathers business, it is my job to give him suggustions you are only a guest to these and a guest must stay quiet," the councilmen hissed at her, growing quite adjitated at the fact that she was here.
" Stop Edger, I want her to be here. She has good ideas that can be a use to the kingdom and you must remeber one day she will inherit my kingdom. It is only good that she gets this practice to exercise her ideas," the King replied raising one bejewled hand to stop his councilmen from saying anything more.

Ami sighed and turned away from the beady eyes that looked at her with disgust, he reminded her of a snake. Dirty and slimy, looking only to please himself with a higher position then the one he had been granted. Her dislike of him was great but, thoughts must be interupted has a lady came forward with her daughter beside her.
" My lord we come to you today, to request your permission to have my daughter, the Honerable Jaquline de Consuleo marry his supreme the Lord Montberry," the womyn stated her reason sweeping a hand over her quiet mousy daughter.
" Very well and fine I accept the agreement of this marriage and shall toast with an open cup the union of two prominent familes," The king replied sweeping his hand over the heads of the two.
" Oh thank you my lord," the lady gushed sweeping a low curtsy and motioning for her daughter to do the same.
" Father, do you know how old that girl is?" Ami whispered leaning closer to her father.
" How old she is dear?" he asked feeling amused at the fact that Ami wanted to know.
" She's only 15 and Lord Montberry is 34 years old, I fear that she's to young to be married to someone quite so old," Ami replied looking over to the mousy girl who was now leaving, judging by the slump of her shoulders not in the happiest state of mind.
" Ami, this will bring a strong union between two prominent houses, she is of a proper marrying age and Lord Montberry will treat her well has his wife."
" Yes father, but I just fear that she will not be happy in the marriage," Ami whispered settling back in her chair.
" Ami you must understand that people do some things for certain reasons, that girl will be happy in her marriage to Montberry just has you will be happy in yours to Greg. Now run off now, and see what your mother is doing. She is no doubt looking for you," the King said waving his hand toward the doors.
" Yes, father," Ami replied untucking her legs and standing up. After giving her father a quick peck on the cheek she descended down the stairs and out of the room, slipping through the quieter doors behind the throne.

Instead of going to find her mother in the tea room she ran through the halls to her own chambers. It was quiet in the sitting room has she walked in shutting the door behind her and turned the key in it's lock. Sunlight poured in the closed windows lighting the pinks and blues of the woven carpet which Ami stepped over. To the small desk, papers and books neatly assembled upon it's wooden top has she sat down in the plush chair. Fingers expertly running over a small pattern carved into the inside feeling the gib and pressing down. A latch gave way releasing the lock, allowing her to open the drawers. Nothing but bits of paper and quill pens but something caught her attention has she pulled out the creme colored paper.

My Dearest Ami,
I fear this letter comes to you at a time when my hand writes heavily upon the paper. We have been training quite more upon the Earth waiting for our time to protect the Earth Kingdom. The King worries that the sorceress called Beryl will attack so he asks that we train harder in order to protect and him and the Prince.
The queen is in distress over this with the growing fear over the horizion but stays strong and does all she can to protect her lands.
I know I should not alarm you with such news but I felt it only right to share it, Kunzite feels that something will happen. He says his hearts beats faster with the fear of the evil just over the horizion.
Oh I'm sorry my love to ever alarm you with suck news so instead I will ask of you. How I wish you were here with me at this moment, I long to feel your arms around me, holding me and soothing away the pain in which is locked inside me. How do you do, is your kingdom fairing well? I hear of your upcoming marriage to the man named Greg, the Earth is talking of that and the marriage of the Princess of Venus. It pains me when I hear of you and that other man but I know to never doubt your love for me.
Please Ami, meet me on the Earth tonight when the world is asleep, I will wait for you by the oceans you love so much. Please say you'll come...until then all my love to you.
Affectionaly yours,
Zociste

Ami sighed and closed the letter again, folding it into three parts and slipping it under the piles of paper. She carefully closed the drawer pressing shut until the lock clicked then turned to the window. Tree branches blew in front of it creating waving shadows on her face, ' Tonight when the world is asleep,' 'It pains me when I hear of you and that other man but I know to never doubt your love for me.'
" Zoiciste...?"
* * * * *

" What the guards of Princess Kakuya are coming to train with us today?" Mars yelled aboviously making a big deal of it.
" Well they were supposed to but when the Queen Serenity heard of it, and with the fact that Venus will be here she asked that they don't come," Jupiter replied.
" Do you mean that Serena was wrong again?" Mars asked getting mad at the fact that the handsome Seyia would not be there.
" Yes, I'm afriad so Mars, but she was misinformed. So please don't go and yell at her for this," Mercury replied looking up from the book she was reading.
" I guess this thing with Venus is bigger then I thought, my whole kingdom is talking about it. They're saying that Yaten Kou is banned from being on Venus, and Sir Glen has been gloating about the fact that he will be the King," Jupiter pointed out sitting down on tree stump and crossing her legs.
" I feel terriable for Mina, I met Sir Glen once. What a horrid man he is, he was nothing but rude and course to me. Trying to pinch me and back me into corner saying I was beautiful and we could get on well togethor. But I cooled his passions quickly by threatning him with Mars Flame Sniper and I can say he will never try any of his tricks with me," Mars agreed smugly.
" Yes, but I still worry about Minako. She doesn't seem to be herself, she looks like she never sleeps and they are saying that she sleeps all the time. Haven't you noticed the dark circles under her eyes?" Ami asked looking up from her book.
" I noticed it," Jupiter replied quitely.
" I don't think she's taking this whole thing to well, her wedding is in a few weeks. I'm thinking that she is begining to fear the fact that there is no escape from Sir Glen," Rei added.
" I would fear it to if I was to be married to a slimy snake like that," Lita nodded in agreement.
" Fear what?" Venus asked running up to the girls.
" Um nothing Minako," Ami shook her head shooting the girls looks then stood up brushing dirt from her knees. " We should be getting started, I'm not sure where Luna and Artemies are but they won't be happy with us if we aren't training."
" Yea, yea I know, a war is being fought in the outer solar system and we have to prepare our strongest defense in order to protect our lands. There's no worry, were the sailor senshi! We can do anything!" Lita stood up from the stump and waved a hand at Ami.
" Well I think Ami is right, we need to a stronge tatic of defense. Has the leader of the senshi I seconded this," Venus shook her fist into the air to emphasis her point. " Come on scouts, lets get started."
" She's not like I imagined she'd be," Mars whispered to Mercury has they took their places for the mock battle.
* * * * *
" Bye minna!" Minako called waving to her friends has she disappered into the portal. Closing her eyes to the reaction of being sucked through space. Only to open them to the purple skies of Venus looking down on here.
The smile dropped of Mina's face has she stepped off the landing pad onto the green grass crushing under her slippered feet. It had been a long night when Yaten visited, Sir Glen had been invited over to dnner and was really quite eager to escort her through the gardens, alone. Something the queen seemed to think was quite lovely and allowed has Minako was dragged out of the dining room.

Being in the gardens with him was like a game of tag, with Minako always being three steps ahead of Sir Glens beady eyes and roaming hands. At one point when she had bent down to pick a white daisy from a cluster growing near her feet he swooped capturing her wrist and pulling her into his body.
" You think your a quick one, don't you?" he sneered his rotting breath asailing her senses.
" Let go of me," Minako whispered back venom filling her voice.
" Why should I? Remeber you belong to me now? And soon my dear I shall have all of you to myself," he added looking down at the curves hidden under her soft yellow dress.
" Unhand me!" Minako cried trying to pull herself free but barely succeding.
" You might want to be more careful my dear, I have the power to hurt you if you don't obey me," he whispered softly, silk entering his voice has he turned her wrist around and looked at the scar protruding there.
" Such a nasty scar it turned out to be, you might want to be careful or that little body of yours might endure more," he ran his tounge over the scar then let go throwing her to the ground.
" I must be taking my leave now but mark my words, I will always be back for you love." With that he turned away leaving a crying Venus to herself the forgotten dasiy laying crushed next to her.

* * * * *
It was colder then usual when Minako slipped down the rope of her blankets. Her shawl knotted around her shoulders. Yaten was no where in sight has her feet touched he ground when suddenly a pair of hands touched her waist. Causing her to scream out and spin around ready to the attack the intruder.
" Minako, don't worry it's only me," Yaten whispered putting one fingers to his lips.
" Yaten?" Tears welled into Mina's eyes and she launched herself into his arms.
" Minako what is wrong?" Yaten asked the sobbing girl his own arms coming to circle around her.
" Oh Yaten, I can't take it anymore, I'm so scared. He's going to hurt me I just know it," Mina sobbed into his chest.
" Do you mean Sir Glen?" Yaten asked one hand coming up to stroke her hair.
" Yes, it was he who burned me with the candlestick and it is he who threatens me more," Mina cried looking up from his chest.
" I know Mina you told me, but I don't know what I can do about this. Remeber were not supposed to see each other anymore? But if we could I would take you away from here, far away to my home."
" That's it!" Mina exclaimed the tears disappering from her eyes. " You can take me away with you, we can just leave this place and this time and then we could be togethor," Mina cried grabbing Yaten's coat labels.
" Mina, I really don't know you are after all the Princess of Venus and the leader of the Sailor Senshi, I could not gove you all that you deserve," Yaten replied skeptically.
" Yaten if you truly love me you will take me away from here, I don't want anything that this place has to offer any more. I just want to be togethor with you," Mina pleaded her voice dropping down to a whisper at the end.

Yaten was slight a moment, staring into the begging cornflower blue eyes. His mind and his heart warring inside him, to take her with him? Did he love her? Of course, it was she who dragged him from his bed everynight to spend hours sitting in the wet grass or walking through the trees to hear her voice and see her smile.
Yet, was he willing to take her from the life of royal privlage she lived and take her into his own home. A place she had never been, something she had never done but the big question was. Did he love her?
One look into those cornflower blue eyes determined it all.

" Allright Minako, I'll take you with me," Yaten replied smiling softly at her.

Her eyes lit up the brightest of smiles lighting up her face before she threw her arms around him again burying her face into his coat.
" Oh Yaten," she mummered happily.

Yaten only smiled and wrapped his arms around her again, his heart was happy but his mind skeptical.
* * * * *

Minako was brought back to the real world has she entered the castle grounds, guards bowing to her passing. They had discussed their departure and decided that they would leave the night before her wedding. A blush stole into her cheeks has she dreamed happily of being with Yaten, even now planning the wedding would be fun knowing she would have no part in it.
A giggle slipped past her lips has Mina spun around once and ran into the castle much to the curiosity of the guards.

* * * * *
The end of chapter 3 for now. I'm sorry it had to end with Minako but the next chapter like always began with Ami. Please read and review to Saphrians_Water_Reflection@hotmail.com!!