Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Portrait Of A Princess (Mercury) ❯ Portrait Of A Princess (Mercury) Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Portrait Of A Princess (Mercury)
Chapter 4
By Essence

This is the 4th chapter of Mercury's installment, please read and review or send all comments to Saphrians_Water_Reflection@hotmail.com.

Portrait Of A Princess (Mercury)
Chapter 4

The waves crashed on the beach that night, dragging away white sand glowing in the frosty moonlight.
She walked alone, away from the waves facing the brunt of the wind which tugged and pulled at her cloak. Revealing the white dress plastered across her legs, edges rippling in the wind mixing with the dark blue of her cloak.

' Wear the white one so when you walk across the beach you will look like an angel...'

She was not sure where this voice came from but with trembaling fingers she had pulled on the thin white dress. Nervous at the thought of being caught yet her heart beat faster at the thought of seeing him again. To feel his kisses and hold him in her arms...Ami slipped on the woolen cloak and pulled the hood over her hair. Blocking out the shining tresses and capturing her face in shadow before she left out of the bedroom door.

Now she walked along the wild ocean in a night of a million stars, the wind it's own master pushing her back and telling her to return to Mercury. The hood was still pulled on, draping over her forehead casting her eyes in shadow. One moment there were closed to the world then she opened them and there he was.
He was sitting on a rock one leg propped up to his chest allowing his chin to rest on top of his knee. The dove gray of his coat and pants almost lost in the misty darkness yet it was him. The firm curve of his chin, the sensous tilt of his nose leading down to his lips.... Ami blushed and pulled away from her thoughts to continue walking forward. She could feel a flush rising in her cheeks and it seemed like all she wanted to do was run but with slow laungred steps she did not and then he looked up at her.

Ami smiled at her love has he lightly jumped off the rock and came to stand in front of her. The copper hair flowed behind him, a few strands coming to touch pale cheeks then blow away again. His hands were covered in black gloves disappering into the ends of his coat.

" It's colder then I thought on the Earth," Ami mummerd forgetting everything she wanted to say to him.
' Baka! He doesn't want to hear that!' Her mind screamed.

" It's because it's winter on Earth now, the ocean is alwalys like this in then night time, we were just lucky to escape snow," Zoiciste replied smiling down at her.
" Snow?" Ami whispered imaginging the Earth covered in the soft white flakes she had only read of. " Someday I would like to see snow."
" Someday I will bring you back here and togethor and we will see the show," Zoiciste whispered.

Ami looked up into his eyes again, seeing the passion burning there she turned away blushing bright red.
' Oh if only I was like Minako, then I could handle this!'

" The oceans are so beautiful at night," Ami found herself saying. She stepped closer to the water pausing only once to remove her shoes then stepped into the light surf.
It was cold just like she expected it to be, water rushed up foaming over her feet brushing her ankles then retreated again taking with it sand and small pebbles.

" Ami I..." Zoiciste began his voice trailing off.

Ami refused to look into his eyes but instead turned slightly and smiled at him even though she didn't truly meet his eyes.
" Why don't you take off your boots Zoicsite and come in the water? It's so cold and makes my very bones aches to feel it but I love it still."

" Ami...I...I..." Zoiciste began again then stopped, his face took a determined look and he strode forward. Zoiciste reached out and took ahold of one wrist, the hand holding up her skirts let go and the cloth fell into the water has he turned her around and pulled her to him.

" Ami stop this! Stop these tricks right now!" Zoiciste growled looking into her eyes.
" What tricks Zoiciste? I was just standing in the water, I wanted to feel it across my bare feet," Ami replied innocently keeping a calm facade around her. Inside though her nerves were a riot of emotion, her heart beating so fast in her breast.

" Damn it Ami!" Zoiciste swore and suddenly she was locked in his embrace, her cheek resting agaisn't the smoothness of his coat. Muffled sobs escaped from her lips, tears poured forward and the wall that held back the words crumbled leaving her scared.
" Why Zoiciste? Why does this have to happen?" Ami sobbed into his jacket, one hand held onto the lapel while the other rested on his arm.
" Oh, my dear sweet Ami," he breathed raining kisses onto her head then locking his arms tighter around her. " I don't know but I wish I could give you the answer, if only there was a chance for us to be togethor I would take it. But everything comes and gets in our way, Queen Beryl, your engagement, our social standings...."

Ami looked up at the end of his words, staring into the depths of his eyes. There was so much seriousness in them mixing with the love she knew he felt for her.
" It's all because I am a princess and you are a knight from Earth. Because of who we are because of some title we are not to be togethor. If I could I would rip free the ropes that bind me and leave behind this life," she vowed her voice growing deeper with every word.
" Forever just to be with me?" Zoiciste whispered.
" Forever," Ami replied choking back a sob, knowing there would be no forever.

The waves crashed around them, surf came running up dragging the now soaking hem of her dress across her feet. His boots were wet but he did not care, his eyes, his ears, everything in the world was for this womyn in his arms.
" Ami, tell me if you had the choice tonight. Would you run away with me and marry me? Would you throw away everything to be with me?" Zoiciste asked an awakard look coming into his eyes.
" Yes, in a heartbeat," Ami whispered lowering her eyelids.

There was a moment of silence between the two, Ami looked down at the ground while Zoiciste stared at her. Then it was broken has he spoke again,
" Ami I have to go back, they will wonder about me if I am gone much longer. I don't know when I can see you again, the war is drawing closer to Earth and I will be busy all the time. Still please keep me in your thoughts has I will keep you in mine," his voice was urgent almost pleading.
" Yes, ofcourse Zoiciste," Ami whispered in reply, more words lay on her tounge but she was afraid to same them.
" Kiss me goodbye," Zociste asked softly.

Their kiss was soft, she clung to him has he moved his lips over hers and long after the cold sea breeze touched them did she still feel the fire he left.
" I...I love you Zoiciste," Ami whispered pushing the words free. Her face instanly blazed with fire to hear herself be so bold but she has to say them before it was to late.

There was a moment of silence where panic filled Ami making her think that he was going to laugh at her for saying those words. Then a choked sob escaped from his throat and his arms tightened around her pulling her into his embrace.
" Oh god Ami, you don't know how long I've wanted to hear those words," Zoiciste groaned into her hair.

Then he was kissing her, kisses all over her face until he caught her lips. It was long time before they parted and when they did she was gasping for air. Ever nerve in her body tingling with fire, her heart bursting with love.
" Zoiciste?" Ami whispered.
" I love you Ami, always and forever." With that Zoiciste kissed her one last time then ran off disappering into the night.

She stood alone, the ocean waves slipping over her bare feet numbed from the cold. Until his retreating shadow disappered into the night did Ami stand there till finally she scooped up her forgotten shoes and turned walking back down the beach.
All alone the waves crashed sending a tumuleus white surf that soon filled in the two sets of footprints in the sand.

* * * * * *

" Mistress, would you like anything for the night?"

Ami looked up from the window sill, her forehead risising from it's resting place on the cool glass.
" Oh no I'm fine," Ami replied false cheerfullness filling a voice. " I would like to be alone now."
" Yes, mam." The girl nodded and dropped a quick curtsy before leaving the room.

It was raining outside, a dank gray sky opening up to allow sheets of rain to pour down on the castle. Water rivited down the smooth glass where she rested her forehead once again, feeling the coolness seep into her skin.
It felt like forever since they last saw each other. The war on Earth growing stronger and coming all the more closer to the moon. All Terrians had been decleared enemies by the queen. There was no sancutuary for anyone with one drop of Earth blood, they were left to die.

A few tears trickled down Ami's cheeks and she sniffled softy, he wasn't dead! He couldn't be dead or else she would have felt something by now. Still there was that sharp stinging pain inside her heart, the doubt in her mind...
Ami laid her head in her arms and sighed, a random piece of light caught on the shiny diamond of her ring. It was only two weeks till the wedding...

Sorry for the short chapter!!!! There is more to come next time, stay tuned!!! Still in the meantime please read and review or send all comments to Saphrians_Water_Reflection@hotmail.com! Thank you!!!