Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Psyche1: In search of the silver millienum ❯ Gravity prologe ( Prologue )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Psyche I: In search of the silver millennium

By Asher Arricks

Rating: R

Prologue: Gravity

In your revelation

In the symphony

There you stood

In your own delirium

And all your sate lights

Are fragments here

I feel a little crushed

And out of control

And all of your gravity

It's meant to bring you down

Makes me feel so crushed

And out of control

Prologue: Gravity

Future-

He ran as fast as he could his naked feet hitting the cooled pavement of the sidewalk. Tears were burning in his vision, the normally observant midnight blue eyes were blinded by the natural saline they produced. Clad only in his draw string plaid pajama pants, the soft soothing wind caressed his bare muscled chest and back cooling the burning wound, it truly wasn't what hurt though. His heart felt heavy and burdened, most of all not wanted. He choked as he felt the pain of separation from her deepen. He stopped in Juban park as he came upon the beautiful rose garden. He touched his shoulder pealing the dried pieces of wax from it. He closed his eyes thinking of the moment seconds before as his sleepy eyes met her confused eyes, what compelled her to do it? Why did she not wait? He didn't have time to think nor defend himself as the dark hole took him, leaving no trace that he was ever in the rose garden of Juban park, terrifying the blonde haired girl that had passionately ran after him. He did not get to see her falter to her knees, crying out in loss and anguish. He did not get to see that truly his love for her was returned.

Present-

He sat there on his usual blue swivel stool at the crown mirth lit in his eyes, her eyes were seething, the once crystalline blue orbs now clouded and darker that he imagined possible. She was absolutely beautiful; she glared at him beneath her sooty eyelashes, her face flushed in frustration, and her hands clenched in fists at her sides. His mind traveling to thoughts of her flushed for a quite different reason, her fists clenching the sheets of his bed, and her eyes half open in bliss. How come he could not do that to her instead of insult her? He'd much prefer the latter of the two. He felt like getting on his knees and bowing to her feet asking for forgiveness, she was truly a goddess in his eyes. He glanced around and noticed he was not the only one entranced; he started shooting daggers to every guy in there, declaring this deity his own.

"You Darien Shields are the most egotistical, most narcissistic, arrogant guy I know!" She growled at him.

Did she just growl? He watched the crease of her delectable mouth in a deep frown, wishing he could kiss her lips softly. His disarming smile only made her angrier, her eyes gaining a steel edge quality he had seen rarely, but believed it was a look solely reserved for him.

"Wow meatball head I am amazed at such an extensive vocabulary." He leaned close to her beautiful enraged face, studying her pink rosebud lips, making him have to lean back, he craved to feel and taste her lips. "Are they studying the dictionary in school?" He let out a chuckle, mentally wincing, why he couldn't be nice to her?

"Oh and just so you know those insulting words that you just said, they all meant the same thing. Make sure you look up your definitions first!"

"You are so rude to me!" Serena whined, hopping on one foot, she looked so adorable.

She looked up at him and down at the triple fudge sundae she had just purchased. How many times since they had met had he sent that horrid olive green jacket to the dry cleaners? She asked her self briefly, her brain responded quickly "Not enough!" her frowning face took on an evil quality. Darien noticed immediately and his laughter caught in his throat instantly, that smile could chill anyone's heart; it was as twisted as Dr. Seuss' grinch. And then she did something quickly, something he truly did not expect, his mouth was still open in shock as the coldness started to seep through his jacket and black t-shirt. By the time he was knocked out of his reverie all he could see was the trail of flowing silver-blonde locks as she walked out of the café. He shook a scoop of ice cream off his jacket; it was going to wear out from the amount of times he's had to dry clean it. He glanced over at his best friend, who was covering his mouth to stop himself from laughing, but it was too hard and it started to burst out. By the time Andrew had stopped laughing tears were running down his amused eyes.

"Are you done?" Darien said in a dangerous calm.

"Well man! What do you really expect?" Andrew cocked his head to the side. "I mean I certainly don't mock the girl I love. Do you really wonder why you get this treatment from her?"

Darien ran his fingers through his raven locks, a habit he maintained during high amounts of nervousness.

"I can't help it; she makes me feel like an adolescent child, I have to cover up the fact that I absolutely adore her." Darien sighed, if only she felt the same.

"Well Tuxedo Mask maybe you should trade in your swatting cane for a simple rose instead." Darien had froze at the beginning of Andrew's comment, but his best friend was in a fit of laughter again. "Imagine you as Tuxedo Mask!" Andrew was about to fall on the blue linoleum floor, he was hiccupping because he was laughing so hard.

"Hey I can be romantic like he is!" Darien defended himself, after all Andrew was speaking of his alter-ego.

Andrew stopped laughing, and stared cynically into Darien's serious face, the seriousness of Darien's face, made him explode once again into fits of violent laughter.

"Right, You? I don't think so Dare, you're as romantic as a dry toast." Andrew answered seriously.

"I can be romantic! Your about to eat those words!" Darien's voice carried a dangerous tone, his ego was seriously injured.

"Care to make a wager on that my friend?" Andrew asked his eyebrow raised.

"No I would never cheapen the feelings I have for Serena with a bet!" Darien glared at Andrew for such a suggestion.

"That's because you know I would win!" Andrew raised his nose in the air, with mock superiority.

"We will see." Darien pulled a few bills out of his pocket threw them down on the white counter and walked away.

She skipped down the sidewalk towards her house, feeling very proud of herself; she got the last laugh this time, which wasn't very often. She smiled to herself relishing the look on his face as he became a human sundae. Shaking her head thinking of the benefits of him covered in ice cream and chocolate. She had noticed more than once of her thoughts straying from hatred towards him. Did she really have to remind herself that he was a conceited jerk? In the process of laughter she felt her foot miss the ground, a common but painful thing for her. Closing her eyes to brace for the contact with the cement, she hit it hard, feeling intense pain through out her body from the impact. Feeling the tears well up in her eyes as she picked herself up, allowing a sob; she limped two blocks to her house. Assessing her condition scraped elbow, scraped up shins, and the cut on her knee cap had opened again. She walked up the stairs of her porch and froze when she heard his voice.

"Are you okay Serena? I saw you fall over there, you fell pretty hard."

Wiping the tears out of her eyes, and letting out a shuttering breath she spun around to face Darien.

"Yeah I'll be fine; after all I'm a pro at this!" She gave him a watery smile.

He took a step towards her keeping eye contact with her crying eyes.

"Do you want some help? I know first aid."

Not sure what to say, he was being so nice. Didn't he just call her Serena? The thought just dawned on her, motioning him to follow her as she walked into her house.

When they entered the cheery sunlit kitchen she pulled the first aid kit from under the kitchen sink and set it on the white tiled counter, she turned around to look directly into Darien's chest, she felt hands grip around her waist as he picked her up effortlessly and set her on the counter, she felt dizzy from their close proximity, And closed her eyes at the scent of his cologne that she recognized but could not distinguish where. There was a brief second when he paused before her, and then turning to the sunshine yellow sink with a dish towel he wetted the towel with warm water. When he turned around she saw the ice cream and chocolate stains all over his jacket, now she felt really bad for doing it. When her eyes traveled to his face she was a little alarmed to see a light smile, one that was sincere.

"This is going to hurt a bit okay." He said calmly and began to clean her shins and knee.

She whimpered at the first contact but then settled her eyes on the sun catchers hung in the kitchen window using them as her spot of concentration, feeling the light sting of the alcohol and taking a deep breath, in a sense this was her favorite part not because of the pain, she hated pain, but because it meant the treatment was almost over. She looked down at her legs as he applied the last bandage. His hands were so strong yet so very soft, his touch was so gentle. He turned away from her rinsing the towel out in the sink, and squeezed the access water. He carefully cleaned up the small scrape on her elbow and then cleaned it with the alcohol.

"I'm not going to bandage this one Sere, just let it breathe it will heal quickly." He patted her on the shoulder. He took a deep breath and opened his midnight blue eyes, he smiled at her again.

"Well I gotta go and start studying for class. Take care." He brushed his hand over her cheek. "No more fights with the pavement okay Serena." He smiled at her again and walked out to the living room.

She was still sitting on the kitchen counter her hand up to her cheek when she heard the front door close. Maybe Darien Chiba was not that much of a Jerk after all?