Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Raia Returns! ❯ Illyria's Findings ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Illyria kept on running until the voices had distanced themselves. The smell of strawberries hung heavily in the air as she looked at the door before her. The door was decorated in blue flowers and pink bunnies. She stepped closer and gently traced her fingers over them, sighing softly. Moving her hand down, she gripped the doorknob and opened it.

The room was an unused nursery, full of baby clothes and items that looked brand new. Illyria stepped inside, bending over to smell the clothes. They smelt of fresh talcum powder and she felt something wet fall down her cheek. She wiped her cheeks, letting out small sobs.

Rini lay in bed listening to her locket as she thought about Illyria. Questions swirled around her mind as she tried to remember some memory that wasn't there.

"If I could just remember, then I could help Illyria!" She said in frustration, remembering the rooms in the old east wing. Her mother had explicitly told her that she couldn't go there, saying they were haunted.

Rini shrugged and ran out her room, still holding the locket. She avoided her mother's protectors with ease as she walked slowly to the east wing.

Standing at the entrance, she shivered as she saw how dark it is.

"Sailor Moon would never be scared of the dark." Rini mumbled, her feet taking her forwards as she heard the sobs.

Rini stopped outside the room, peeking through the open door. She saw Illyria crying. She let out a gasp, seeing Illyria's eyes lock with hers.

"Get out moon brat!" Illyria screamed, diving for the door and wrenching it open.

Rini jumped back and ran towards her parents' chambers with Illyria at her feet. Rini dropped the locket as she ran into her mother.

"Usa, what's wrong?" Neo-Queen Selenity asked, holding her daughter close before looking up. She saw a girl standing before them, the locket in her hand.

"Rini dear, go find your father. But by moon, go fast!" Neo-Queen Selenity sent Rini running down the corridor.

Neo-Queen Selenity turned to look at the girl and smiled before speaking.

"We meet again Raia."