Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Sailor Moon: Evil Arises Anew ❯ Chapter 0 Part 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sailor Moon: Evil Arises Anew

Chapter 0 Part One: A Knight's Sad Tale
By Sailor Knight Europa
 
 
The sky was dark, grey clouds pouring down tears of Heaven onto the grey concrete and green grass. The trees shook slightly with the wind touching their branches, the lights of the city brightened and beautiful to those who took their precious time to enjoy getting soaked while walking home from their jobs of daily labor.

There was an apartment complex in district of Shinjuku, Japan, the lighting within dimmed down to where it was barely visible from the outside. Inside one of these apartments stood a young man at the only window in his small home.

Home… is such a fragile world, especially to this young male at the age of eighteen.His light brown hair pressed up against his forehead, concealing the glowing light green symbol on it. Silver eyes searched the city that was thinning of people who sought shelter from the storm.Yes, this young male was in the midst of reminiscing a tragic memory.

My name is Alex Kino. I'm from the century of the Crystal Kingdom, but as of right now, I'm stuck in the year 2008, present day for you people. I'm here of my own decision, to stop a great evil from destroying not only this time, but also the very souls of you good people, especially ten very important women. These women in my time are my friends, but more importantly, they are my family. I'm here to protect them, and to correct a horrible action in the future.

By know, you've probably figured out who I am by my last name. If not, then I'll tell you. I am the son of Lita Kino, otherwise known as Sailor Jupiter. I don't know much about my father, but my mother has told me repeatedly he is a strong and proud warrior… and a very proud father. Amy Anderson, or Sailor Mercury/is my teacher in the subjects of math, science, reading, and sometimes acting. Rei Hino, aka Sailor Mars is my teacher of spirituality, teaching me how to harness my fighting spirit and how to meditate on a daily basis. Mina Aino, Sailor Venus is my instructor of proper manners and socializing. Amara Tenoh, known as Sailor Uranus, teaches me the skills necessary to use my sword, The Europa Blade.
 
Michelle Kaioh, Sailor Neptune instructs me on swimming and grooming. Though why I needed to be taught grooming, I may never know… Anyways.Trista Meioh, or Sailor Pluto teaches me on the subject of gardening, which is one of my favorite hobbies. I want to grow a field full of flowers for my family. Speaking of family, my mother is Crystal Tokyo's number one chef! She's been teaching me how to cook meals since I was five. Hotaru Tomoe, or Sailor Saturn lets me dabble with dark magic from time to time. She may be quiet, but she's so nice and gentle. Neo-Queen Serenity is my instructor on games, such as croquet. King Endymion is my mentor in fencing skills, just like Amara.
 
Princess Rini is my best friend in the whole world. I know you've heard of her adventures as a child, and as Sailor Mini Moon. Well, she's all grown up now… And boy is she beautiful. These people took such good care of me, yet I failed to save the one person that means most to me. I was sword fighting with Amara. That's the day everything went wrong.”
 
Ready, Alex?”

“Amara was wearing her Sailor Uranus outfit, the Space Sword at the ready, a small smirk on her lips. She and Michelle were lovers, and I didn't have a problem at all with that… maybe it was because the two treated me like their little cousin?”

“Yes, Princess Amara. Come at me!”

“Hey, I told you to call Michelle and I by our first names. There's no need for formalities between the three of us.”
She came running at me, the Space Sword glowing as she went for a quick thrust. Quickly I drew my Europa Blade and parried the blow, spinning to face her as she turned to get into her stance again.

“ Good, you've gotten much faster. Let's see if you can harness your attack properly now.”

“Here I come! Hyyyaaaaa!!!!!”

“My attack had gotten better as well. Unfortunately she was still much stronger then I was. She flipped the handle of the Space Sword and struck me in the bottom of my chin with it. I went flying and landed hard on my back.

“I see you still need to work on the art of blocking with your arms as well. Get up, Alex. You did good today.”

“Thank you, Amara!”

I stood up and we bowed respectfully to each other. Then, the Kingdom shook with tremendous force. We could hear the alarms blaring, and Neo-Queen Serenity called upon us all telepathically.

“Princesses and Knight, we're under attack from the Nega-Verse! Hurry to the courtyard and prepare for battle!”

Nodding to Amara, we were both already transformed and running to the courtyard. There were the other eight Princesses and the Queen, with King Endimyon by her side.

“ I don't… Believe it.”

Neo-Queen Serenity seemed to be in shock. I turned to see the presence of the enemy; it was the evil Queen Beryl! Serenity had vanquished her long ago, how could she be back?! Not only that, but there were these… things that seemed to travel with her. Shapeless, yet terrifying at the same time.

“Beryl! How did you return to our Kingdom?”

“Hmph. As if I should answer to the likes of you. But since you're so curious, I'll tell you. My hate for you and your precious Scouts never died. Even when you destroyed me, the deepest, darkest depths of my soul yearned for revenge. Little by little, like pieces of a puzzle I assembled myself, and now I am more powerful then ever before! Soul Suckers, my new Nega-Monsters, are much more terrifying then you could ever imagine! ATTACK THEM!”

Everybody transformed and attacked the Soul Suckers. I made sure to keep an eye out for Rini and the Queen, as it's a knights duty to protect them above all else.

“Mars Flame Sniper!”

“Venus Love and Beauty Shock!”

Mars and Venus had combined attacks, an arrow made of fire and a goldenh heart chain that shattered and shot out like mink energy balls, taking out four of the Soul Suckers, yet when the dust cleared from that, only more of the monsters appeared!

“Alright!, try this. Mercury Aqua Rhapsody!”

Sailor Mercury's water harp attack; always a cool one. Dozens of water streams shot out from the harp, hitting multiple soul suckers. But as before, it seemed only more took the place of the fallen.

“This isn't looking too good!” Michelle called out.

She and Amara had done their own signature attacks; Neptune Deep Submerge and Uranus World Shaking. No matter what everyone did the monsters kept coming, nothing was working.

“I have to protect my family! Here I go…Sailor Knight Slash!”

I struck out a slash of energy at one of the Nega-Monsters that had tried to attack the Queen. She gave me a smile before taking out her Crescent Rainbow Wand. Staring Queen Beryl down intently.

“Pink Sugar Heart Attack!”

“Tuxedo La Bomber!”
 
Mini Moon and King Endimyon had done their famous father-daughter team up move! And it seemed to be working, because none of the monsters multiplied.

“Moon….Crystal….ELIMINATION!!!!”

Neo-Queen Serenity had used her attack! The tide was turning for our side at last! We attacked more fiercely, and I had even managed to destroy one or two of these beings, but I…. I had left my backside wide open. Those next few moments keep replaying in my head over and over again. Like a nightmare I cannot escape from.

“Watch out, Alex!!”

My mother, Princess Jupiter had pushed me aside, a Soul Sucker thrusting its hand into her body and stealing her very soul. In slow motion, I fell to my knees, eyes widened, tears coming forth. All I remember is a yell of rage at the skies.

“MOM!!!!!!!!!”

“She lay there, perfectly still. I felt hot, so very hot. A rage like never before brewing within me. Targeting Beryl, I grabbed my blade and ran to her, yelling the entire time. Yelling out of anger, but most of all, out of guilt.”
 
Die, Queen Beryl!!”

“Don't waste your life, boy!”

In an instant she had blocked my attack, and the rest was darkness. When I came too, I was un-transformed. Mother was in a bed with a clear, glass case around her.

“ My fault… It's all my fault.”

The queen held me in her arms.

“Alex, don't say such things. Do not worry, for she is not dead. There is still a chance to rescue her and return her to life.”

“What is it? I'll do anything.”

“The evil Queen Beryl has traveled to the past. With her new strength, she seeks to vanquish the Sailor Scouts of that time, preventing Crystal Tokyo from ever existing. You must travel to that time and protect the scouts. Keep them safe from her evil”

“ I understand. I will not fail, my Queen.”

I bowed to all of my family, Princess Trista held up her rod and opened up a pathway. With one more glance to them all, I gave a silent nod and stepped through. I am now in the time where Queen Beryl wishes to eradicate my friends and family. I also feel a strange presence, similar to that of a Sailor Knight. I will investigate this later. For now, I have a mission to complete. Failure is not an option. I'll stop anything and anyone who gets in my way…. To save my mother. I am Alex Kino, the Handsome Sailor Knight Europa!
 

The young man, Alex, turned off the lights in his apartment and opened up the door, walking out and shutting it behind him in silence. This mission is just the beginning of things to come. What is Queen Beryl plotting, and what is this presence Alex feels? Find out in the next chapter of Sailor Moon: Evil Arises Anew!