Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Sailor Moon: Evil Arises Anew ❯ Chapter 0 Part 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
Chapter 0 Part 2: Knight Awakens
By Knight Zodia
 

Within the void of darkness, the knight slept.

Not but a mere boy of seventeen, though exact time and space was irrelevant here. It was absent and unneeded. Such was the Sacrament of Time that was its namesake. An endless void all around, what lights had been inside, long gone. bathing everything in a tight enveloping darkness. Only making the cold that much stronger to anything inside. Such as the laying figure of the young man, wrapped around in a long green cloak.
 
The hood of it, like a pillow for his soft, brown haired head. Giving him the appearance of one whom was simply sleeping peacefully within the eternity stretched out around him, unchanging. Dreaming of nothing, such as the endless nothing that surrounded him.

The only thing that held more definition, was the small body of light, wrapped within a spherical form that slowly drifted from what every direction was above the sleeping boy.

The small speck of light, so brilliant in this vast void drifted slowly downwards to the sleeping boy. Bathing his peaceful face in the light blue light and warmth it emanated from its own being. Within this darkness, it became the most brilliant of things; forcing darkness and cold away from the young warrior; redeeming the life that had been so absent from his body, leaving him within this hibernated state. No longer, the time for him to awaken had come.
 
The small light thus grew wider, enough to completely engulf the sleeping figure within the warmth it radiated. Returning color to his cheeks, breath within his lungs, and no doubt, snatching back his consciousness from the cold hands of near-death.

'Takeo...'

" Mnn.."

The small feminine voice, low and as soothing as anything he had felt in so many years. It ebbed away the stone that enveloped his mind. Slowly. As if his body was ridding itself of a frozen ice coating, inside and out. Eyes slowly twitched, chest working to rise and lower softly with breath once more. Where was he? This place, so unfamiliar and alien in that it had no definition.
 
No sound, no feeling, no light. The only concise thought disproving that he was indeed dead, was this warmth above him, permeating his very being to the core, igniting once more, the fire of life within his breast. Yes, he was called that, Takeo. It was his name! With only that as a medium of his life, the boy would pull his consciousness from that black pool of slumber, and slowly open his eyes, to nothing, nothing everywhere around him-save for that small speck of brilliant light.

" Wh...where......"

His response came not from any clear direction. More, it spoke and rung through his mind. Confusing in its origin, but soothing in texture.

' The Sacrament of Time, Takeo.'

Yes. The memories. Slowly returning from somewhere so far away. The vault of infinite time, the Sacrament of time. A chamber to which all of the Moon Kingdom's treasures, knowledge and secrets remained. Hidden away from those of the corporal world. But, why was he..

" Be....rr..yl.."

He said, voice low and soft, as if on the very brink of death. When, in fact, it was more of him returning from said half-line between the living and the departed. The memories were stronger now, of a night so long ago. He had stood with others like himself; it was that witch, the one from Earth.
 
She had fought them and he was taken here. The pain of a wound healed from years ago still resided in his shoulder, though, slowly slipping away as the ball of light grew brighter and thus, warmer. It had been one of his own to lead him to the Sacrament. Then, he had been pushed inside. Remembering only the moments he had beaten against the door, before the soft numbness of slumber overtook his entire being.

' It is time for you to leave this place Takeo. Will it to be so, and it shall be done.'

Questions were ringing within his head, but, he was certain that he did not wish to be in this place any longer. With as much concentration as he was able to redeem, he wished only to leave this vault. To his astonishment, he did. The doors in font of him opened slowly, creaking as if rusted with age. The light outside was too strong for him to see, leaving the boy with blind faith in his legs as he pulled his slowly returning strength into his body, moving from his laying position, to a stand, and finally, out of the doors.

Only to be met with a cold splash as he fell out of whatever dimension the Sacrament took. His eyes shut tight against the sudden sensation, one of such intimate memory. Water! Both eyes were met with a pair of matching brown, as he looked down into a reflection that could have only been himself. His hands and knees deep in water, as he laid bent over on all fours. He slowly drifted his eyes up and around himself, looking over the small trees, the rocks and Lilly. it was dark; no.. night, yes it was night time. He remembered. Not the empty blackness of the vault.

The vault! He turned to look at the direction in which he had fallen, looking towards an old and majestic tree, with its roots submerged under the waters. The bark had split from the middle down, showing off two stone doors, crusted and deformed with age, but unmistakable to his memory of what it had once been. The very doors to the ancient vault he had been led to. But, that did not make sense. There was no water within the vault's hallway.
 
Although, the doors out could appear anywhere the mind wished them to. That just left the question of where he was. The celestial object high in the sky behind him, in his own reflection brought his eyes upwards, towards something he did not expect to see.

" Th....the moon..? "

Yes, the perfect, white moon laid so far above him within the canopy of glittering diamonds. His stomach, no doubt clenched around his insides at the revelation that he was not in his beloved Moon Kingdom. But, that left...
" I am on Earth.."

His mind immediately felt a twinge of light pain, making his hand immediately slip to his forehead to hold it, and steady himself against the sudden bout of dizziness that slid over his center of gravity. It was the small light that floated from the doors of the vault, leaving the doors to close slowly behind, and regain the bark texture that completed the tree again. Said single speck, fluttered around to once more face Takeo's own, sparkling faintly now, once outside of the omnipresent darkness.

'
Yes, this is the Earth. But one you are not familiar.'
 
The small voice again said, gradually becoming weaker, he noticed. He could not identify it yet. So close to his memory but far away in revelation as to the identity of the ether based being. But, more striking questions were filtering in through his mind right now.

"Where.. why am I..."

Again, before he could continue with the question, the voice cut off his own questions with an answer.

' The days of the Moon Kingdom are far over young knight. Many eons have passed since you had been placed within the Sacrament. I, have awakened you now, for the purpose that was left to you.'

" Eons..."

Again he looked skyward to the perfect moon. So far away from him, yet still so brilliant to look at. With more of his memory returning, more questions worked through his mind. The Moon Kingdom was no more? Beryl, she won? Right? But, Earth was still here. Why, was he awakened so distant from that day? He could only look to the ball of light, gradually becoming weaker. Now a mere flutter of illuminesance rather than a bright and shining ball that had awoken him.

“What am I to do? Why have you woke me?”

it was the larger of the questions in his mind right now. If he had been left to sleep for seemingly so long, then why was now important?

'
You, have been taken from your slumber, to serve your duty to your Kingdom. I....I have not much time with you Takeo, I will not be able to speak with you much longer....'
 
The voice was sounding so tired, so very tired against his mind. Had it been sleeping as well? or, had it been bereft of fatigue? He could not tell. But he did not ask either; it was clear that whatever time he had with this small speck of light, it was going to come to an end shortly.
 
' With the fall of our beloved Moon Kingdom, the Princess's were saved from death at the hands of Beryl. To be reincarnated here, on Earth.'
 
His eyes could not help but widen at that new information. The Princess's, had been reincarnated? Such confusing information. But before he could think further on the subject, the light carried on.
 
' They have gained power, and have been fighting the forces of that evil witch. You need to seek....seek...them..'
 
Whatever strength the small light had once possessed, was all but gone now. Takeo could not help but raise his hands and gently cup it. As if it were a small candle light, ready to be blown out.
 
' Protect them...Help..them..Tak..eo....the...amu..let..will...guide......guide...you ...'
 
It almost made him feel a choked sensation within his heart, to feel this warmth and light fade away. Even without him remembering whom this small and soft voice belonged to, he could still feel its impact upon his heart. And now, it was going away, finally sleeping, after what seemed like an eternity. Any words to it he would have spoken, would go silent as the light grew brighter for an instant, and then disappeared. Replacing the weightlessness of the energy, into a small weight against his palms. A single amulet, silver rimmed with a baby blue oval gem dominating its size.
 
He sat there within the waters, gazing from the amulet, up to the bit of trees here and there, and then, to the city buildings and light not too far away. Was he in a garden? it seemed like it, though a lot larger than any domicile garden. So alien in their lights and design. It made him want to look away, and back down to the amulet. Sliding his thumb softly across its polished surface. The questions were so deep within his mind, that he did not wish to ask them to himself. Instead, he just stood from the waters and made his way toward the bank. hands bringing up to slip the silver chain around his neck, allowing the weight of the amulet to settle gently against his heart. Even with the small reassuring weight; the entire situation left him with a tight feeling in his gut. However, it had been made clear that his duty was to find the Princess's, it had been entrusted to him, and the time for questions was not now.
 
So from his eternal sleep, for centuries past; the awakened knight made his way to this new and unfamiliar world. His duty and the warm weight against his chest, the only guide to his wayward mind.