Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Sailor Moon: Evil Arises Anew ❯ Chapter 1 Part 1 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


Sailor Moon: Evil Arises Anew

Chapter 1 Part 1: A New Ally
By Sailor Knight Europa
 
Monday morning, Tokyo, Japan. The sun shone brightly as it rose at ten a.m., brightening the class room of Mugen High School, where eight of ten very special woman attended on a daily bases. Wearing the school uniforms, they all sat in the class room, talking of gossip, boys, and the like.
 
The teacher soon walked in and all settled down; amazingly, the teacher was Ms. Haruna, Serena`s teacher since middle school.

“Good morning, everybody. You've probably already heard the news, but to those who haven't; today we're having a new student join our ranks at Mugen. Please make him feel welcome and if possible give him a tour. Coming from Odaiba, here is Alex Suzumiya!”

Entering the class room silently was a young male; about eight-teen in age, five feet ten inches. His head held a nice bedding of brown hair, his eyes a mixture of silver and brown. The girls giggled and whispered to each other, while silently the young man scanned the room.

“Good, three of them here. The others must be in another room. As long as I can keep close to them all, I should be good to go.”

Bowing silently to the class, Alex walked to a seat that was on the other side of a blue-haired female, who had blue eyes to match. This was Amy. On the opposite side of Amy sat a girl with long blonde hair with a big red ribbon and blue eyes; this was Mina.

“Ok, today's subject is Trigonometry. On the board is a problem I will pick someone at random to come up and solve. Hmmm… Mr. Alex. Would you like to take a chance?”

“Ok.”

He stood up from his desk, making his way to the board and silently worked out the problem, having it solved in under a minute!

“Here's the answer. May I go sit back down, now?”

“B… But that's… One of the hardest problems in the book!” Haruna was stunned, eyes ready to pop from her head.

“ I had a good teacher back home.” Alex said, glancing to Amy momentarily before looking to a woman behind him; she had brown hair in a pony tail, and green eyes… Lita Kino. His heart began to ache a little, quickly turning around, he wiped a tear that came to his eye and focused on the lesson being taught.
Lunch time soon came, and the five girls were all sitting together, talking in hushed tones.

“Did you see that new guy? He's a good looking… Guy.” Mina said, giggling.

“It's weird how he was able to solve that Trig problem so easy though. Unless he's a genius.” Amy spoke, head buried in a book.

“Awww what's wrong Amy? Jealous?” Serena poked her friend playfully, eating some rice and steamed dumplings.

“Am- am not! That's ridiculous, Serena.”

“ He says he's from Odaiba. Yet its weird he'd come all the way to Tokyo just for schooling.” Mina piped up, having been thinking aloud to herself. “Kind of strange when you think about it .”
“ Mina has a point…” Lita was looking down in a cup of tea, eyes intent on it, a look of deep thinking on her face.

“What's wrong, Lita?” Mina asked, tilting her head slightly.

“I don't know why but.. I feel like I know him from somewhere else.”

“ Did he go to your old middle school?”

“No.. I would have recognized him.”

“Hey! Maybe Alex is your long lost love!” Serena said with a mouthful of rice, laughing… before she started choking.

“That's what you get for talking with your mouthful.” Mina said with a small smirk.

“Be quiet, Mina!”

“Hey, that new kid's gonna get hurt!”

“He's nuts, no one disses Tekita like that.” some other students were watching the table were Alex sat, another man, the local bully, Tekita towered over him, eyes filled with anger.

“ It's an official rule here at Mugen, buddy. New students give me their lunch money for the first month or else they get tied down to dodge ball wall in the gym for target practice.”

“Listen here, sir. I've told you before that I spent my lunch money on that; lunch. If you please, I'd like to eat in peace.” Alex said, taking a sip of soda and eating with his eyes shut.

“You little ingrate! I'll make you eat those words!”

A fist swung, a hand quickly came up and blocked it flat.

“Huh?!” Tekita looked at his blocked punch in shock.

“I usually don't like violence. But if forced too, I will defend myself.”

“You little jerk! Take this!” Another punch was swung, and the next few seconds seem to happen in a flash; Alex blocked the other punch with his other hand. He then flipped over Tekita, twisting both arms behind his back and spinning him around. The moment Tekita faced Alex, a knee contacted the bully's face, sending him flying into a pile of lunch trays.

“I hate people who bully. Let this be a lesson to you.”

Many of the students cheered for the new guy, while the five women stared in awe and shock. The young man had left the cafeteria silently.

“Well… At least we know he can handle himself.” said Amy, watching him leave.
 
 

School had finally let out, with Serena, Amy, and Mina walking together. Lita had to go do something else at her house, and Rei had headed for her Shrine.

“Today sure was exciting, huh girls? A new student, a fight, and Ms H. finally getting shone up.” Serena giggled, basking in the joy that was Ms. Haruna dismissing class early after Amy had solved the rest of the problems on the board.

“It sure was. In fact I was think-” Mina's statement was cut off by a low, growling voice.
“Souuuuuulllllllssssssss”

“What was that?” Amy asked, clearly spooked by the low growling voice.
“Sssssoooooouuuuuuullllllssssssss”

“I don't know, but its freaking me out. Let's get going.” Mina said.The trio had began to walk faster when the voice yelled out in a fury

“SSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLSSSSSSSSS! ”

Out of the ground, erupted a being that at first was physically a bland goop. But soon both Egyptian and Greek symbols appeared on it, a blade arm appearing on its left arm, its right holding a short sword type weapon, red glowing eyes and sharp fangs.

“A Nega-Verse monster?!” Serena cried out.

“Alright, it's time to transform!” Mina said

“Right!” Amy said.

“Super Moon Crisis Power!”

“Mercury Crystal Power!”

“Venus Crystal Power!”

*Cue the DiC music!*

The three ladies spun in mid air, their normal school outfits becoming something much more; white dresses with Blue/Yellow trim for Serena,Aqua Blue for Amy, and Orange trim for Mina. Boots adorned the feet of Serena and Amy, while heeled shoes adorned Mina's feet. Soon, the three women were no longer average, every-day teenage girls. No, now, they were the protectors of good, the warriors of love and justice, they were the Sailor Scouts!

“Behold, the Pretty Soldiers of Love and Justice are on the scene! We are the Sailor Scouts. I am Sailor Moon!”

“I'm Sailor Mercury!”

“I'm Sailor Venus!”

“Together we fight, and in the name of our planets..”

“We shall punish you!” the three said in unison.

“Hmph. I know who you are, and I know you each have a soul for the taking! Prepare for your demise, Sailor Brats! Gyyyaaaa!”

“It knows us?!” Mercury was confused.

“Don't believe it, Mercury, just focus!” Venus yelled

Powering up her index finger, Venus glowed momentarily before shooting a beam from her finger. “Crescent Beam Smash!”

The attack had hit dead on, but the monster had gotten up like it was nothing!

“You idiots just don't get it do you. We are not ordinary Nega-Verse monsters, we are Soul Suckers. The most powerful of all forces. And the resurrected Queen Beryl shall lead us to victory! Now give me your souls!”

“Queen Beryl is back?!” Sailor Moon was frozen from the news, the monster heading toward her, hand outstretched and glowing.

“Watch out, Sailor Moon!” Venus called.

“You're beautiful soul is mine!”

“That's what you think, Nega-Scum.” A voice said from the shadows.

“Who is that?” Sailor Mercury asked, looking around.

“Huh?” the monster stopped in mid-step, confused.

Appearing from the shadows as a figure, dressed in a black coat, black gloves on his hands, black boots and pants. In his hands was a black sword with a red stone in the bottom of the handle.
“What are you suppose to be? A cop with sword?”
 
No. I am the protector of all that is good. I am the future guardian of the Sailor Scouts. The Handsome Sailor Knight of Love and Justice; Sailor Knight Europa! And in the name of the future, I'll kill you.”

“Sailor…”

“Knight?”

“From the future?”

The three Scouts looked at each other in confusion, while the Knight and Monster stared each other down.
`Queen Beryl told me about you. She said you're still green. I'll take pleasure in delivering her your soul!”

“Try it.”

The two opponents rushed at each other, blades clashing repeatedly.

“I'll take pleasure in slowly extracting your soul from your pitiful body.”

“Shut it, Nega-Creep. I'm putting you out of commission!”

Alex raised his sword to his chest, it glowing brightly before the sign of Europa glowed on his forehead.
“Eat this. EUROPA SMASHER!!”

Sending his blade to the ground, it cracked open, bright, neon green energy shooting forth and hitting the Soul Sucker head on.

“Auuuuugh! What did you do to me?!”

“Sailor Moon, do it now!” Knight Europa yelled to the Scout.

“Huh? Oh, right. Good thing I still have my Heart Rod.”

“RAINBOW…MOON….HEART…ACHE!!̶ 1;

Sailor Moon posed after doing some twirling and spinning, sending forth a massive heart to the monster.

“Awww man!”

The Soul Sucker was hit hard!

“THIS SUCKKKKKKKS!”

And with that death cry, it vanished into nothingness.

“Ha! Moon dusted!”

“Now, just who are you?” Mercury asked, turning to the male warrior.

“I'm a friend. I'll be there with you in the upcoming battles against the Soul Suckers. When the time comes, I'll tell you everything. For now, I take my leave.”

“Wait!” Sailor Moon held out a hand, trying to stop him, but he'd already vanished into the shadows in which he came from.

“Just who was that guy?” Venus asked aloud.

“I don't know, but he seems to know all about what's going on. We need to ask him about Queen Beryl.” Mercury said.

“Yea… How can she be back?” Moon looked at them in a scared manner; memories haunted her of their first battle with the Evil Queen, and she was afraid it may be happening all over again.
 
 
 
Back in Shinjuku, Alex entered his apartment, locking the door and sitting down on the couch with a sigh. He heard a small beeping noise and took out a black string that held onto it a pendant; it was gold with a crescent moon, black on one part, and a gold button and a golden sphere on the bottom of the crescent. Hitting the button, an image of future Pluto showed up.

“Alex, how is the mission going?”

“I've made contact with the Inner Scouts. Going to try and meet you guys in this time tomorrow. I had a battle today, Trista… I won, but it was an empty victory. I feel so worthless for some reason.”

“Don't talk like that, hon. We're all rooting for you, and we're worried about you, hoping you make it home safe. Good luck, Pluto out.”

The image vanished, and Alex pressed his glowing forehead against the pendant, silently crying to himself in the lonely apartment.