Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Sailor Moon F (Fantasy) ❯ The beginning ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Chapter 1
One day, in the town of Tokyo, sixteen-year old Serena Tsukino bounced down the stairs of her home, holding her cat Luna in her arms. Summer had begun, and she was ready for it. Today, she was supposed to meet Raye, Amy, Lita, Mina, Hotaru, Rini, Amara, and Michelle at the Cherry Hill Temple, where Raye lived, to hang out and help Raye's grandpa.
As usual, Serena has been late in getting up out of bed, forcing Luna to carry out the burden of waking Serena up every day. And as usual, Serena jumped up out of bed when threatened by Luna to be clawed. She figured that one of these days, Luna would have to be declawed. Serena ran into the kitchen, grabbed one of her mom's jelly donuts, and ran out the door.
As she ran down the road, Serena noticed that it was already very early afternoon. Her friends would have been at the Temple since 10:00 that morning, and already Serena was regretting what Raye would say the very moment she ran up the steps, down the path, and into the dressing room, where personalized temple robes of each friend were hung and stored for when they would help out. This wasn't going to be Serena's day, for she knew Raye would grill her for being so late. But as she gobbled down the donut, Serena convinced herself that at least she would be grilled on a full stomach. At that moment, she saw the temple steps up ahead and sighed with relief. She slowed her frantic running to a walk, and allowed Luna to run up beside her.
"Aw, Luna, what am I going to do? Raye's gonna totally grill me worse than hamburgers if I show up so late!"
"Well, Serena, I told you you should get an alarm clock so that you won't be so late all the time!"
"Hey, I've been getting better! I mean, the last two weeks of school, I haven't arrived late once, and besides, you guys act like I'm late all the time by hours when normally it's only by seconds!"
"Oh, Serena!"
As Serena ran up the temple steps, she saw all of her friends doing some type of chore: Raye, Lita, and Mina were selling charms. Mina, the ditziest of the group, had long blond hair that she tied back into a bow. Lita, the tallest teenager, had her normal ponytail tied back into a bun. Raye, the brattiest, had her normally long hair pulled back into a ponytail. Rini and Hotaru were sweeping the temple porch. Rini, who had a hairstyle like Serena's, was ten years old. She had met Serena when her mother, Neo-Queen Serenity, had sent Rini back into the past to protect her from bad influences occuring in Rini's time. Hotaru met Serena when her father, Professor Tomoe, tried to influence her with Dark Energy. Hotaru had the ability to regenerate, and to switch to three different forms: Her baby form, which was her normal form, her child form, and her preteen form. Michelle, Amara, and Amy were busy tending to the decorations of the Temple. Many ruthless customers accidently tore down the decorations at times, which meant they had to be replaced as soon as possible. Serena's job today was to help Rini and Hotaru with the sweeping.
"Serena!" Raye screamed when she noticed Serena for the first time. "You're two hours late! Why didn't you come when I asked you to?"
"Oh, buzz off, Raye, I accidently slept in."
"Like that's not news...."
"I'll have you know that I am...."
Suddenly, a piercing scream filled the air!