Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Sailor Moon Galaxy Stars ❯ The Senshi's Call to Arms! Mars Snake Fire! ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Once again, I must give the disclaimer. I do not own Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon. The title, premise, anime, manga, characters, etc belong to Takeuchi-Togashi-sensei, Kodansha and Toei. But I do own the plot of Galaxy Stars.

Three chapters down and much more left to cover. 21 chapters so far (24 counting the reviews over at Mediaminer). Excellent. This series is coming off with a great start. Just as I was hoping for. :D

I see Cain has become a rather popular character (more or less). But, like any villain, you'll eventually hate his guts sooner or later. He'll definitely be a mainstay in this series.

Last chapter, Ami-chan showed us all that she was no weakling as Pyro put it. That's my problem. Sailor Mercury/Ami Mizuno is NO weakling! Heck, she's the brain of the team and the Senshi would have been in trouble if it hadn't been for her. Ok, sure, she's not as headstrong and gung-ho like Jupiter and Mars, but she's a great asset to the team. Please, give the smart people their just due. Ami certainly has earned her place as Sailor Mercury and the princess of the planet closest to the sun... yeah, pretty damn hot if you ask me. I'm surprised Ami can even rule a planet near the largest star in the solar system.

Anyway, Ami has gained her Eternal form and the second Senshi to achieve it. Not to mention kicking Pyro's flamey butt. :D Go, Ami, go!

Now, we move on with the next Sailor. That's right! Our favorite pyro princess, Rei Hino, gets her just due and her own centric chapter. Let's see what Lycan Rei-chan will be dealing with. ;)

Chapter 4 is a-go!

Start!


"But future happiness is more important than memories!" - Rei Hino/Sailor Mars



"Good day, everyone! My name is Rei Hino, head priestess of the Hikawa Shrine. Five years ago, we were involved in the final conflict with the strongest Sailor Senshi in the galaxy, Sailor Galaxia. Since then, we have all moved on with our peaceful lives. Recently, I was named the official head priestess of Hikawa Shrine after my grandfather announced his retirement. I had work worked and diligently in keeping things in order at the shrine. I have also started to teach some ancient writing classes on my spare time and I have become popular with my students. I had thought every time would be normal until... now. I've received visions of an unknown dark force lurking in the background. Actually, I've had two nightmarish visions. But, I'd rather tell you about the current situation. The creature revealed in my vision was a wolf-like entity with crimson eyes and a red moon looming overhead. I often wondered what this meant and if this was a sign of things to come. Once again, my visions became accurate, as two Lycans have recently attacked. One at the jewelry store and the other at Ami's school. However, now we have discovered their weakness: silver. And it's up to me to complete our silver weapons to combat this new threat. With Ami and Usagi as Eternal Sailor Senshi, I often wonder when my time to become an Eternal warrior will come. That's all for now and take care. Rei Hino, out!"



(Cue Sailor Stars theme Sailor Star Song)





Sailor Moon Galaxy Stars, Lycan Arc

The Senshi's Call to Arms! Mars Snake Fire!




Shibuya District/Outside the Lovecraftian Family Dine-In/October 8, 2003/1:47 PM


Meeting together after hearing the events from last night's attack at Ami's school, the Senshi (minus Rei) gathered at a round table. Minako played with the straw in her milkshake and twirled it around while whistling to herself. Usagi sat next to Minako with a basket in hand (with Luna as passenger inside).

Makoto arrived to meet with her friends and using her hour break to chat with them about last night's Lycan attack.

"Mako-chan! Oh, thank goodness you came! We're sorry for having to drag you out work for this," Usagi apologized to her tomboy friend.

The brunette simply smiled and nodded. "It's all right. Besides, what we're going to discuss is important. I heard about last night." Taking a seat, Makoto glanced over to Ami. "So, I heard our Ami-chan gained her Eternal power just like Usagi-chan did several years ago. Congratulations to our Ami-chan."

"Oh you guys. You're making me blush," the genius girl giggled. "I don't know how it happened but I felt the need to be prove to myself that I could defeat an enemy on my own."

"Rei-chan called me last night about it. I'm so proud of you, Ami-chan. Now we have two Eternal Senshi on our side!" Usagi stated, pumping her right fist. "We'll defeat these Lycans for sure!"

Minako nodded and pumped her right fist. "WOO! You said it!"

Just as they mentioned 'Lycan' in an outburst, both Makoto and Ami covered their friends' mouths to prevent them from getting the crowds' attention. Minako struggled under Makoto's strong grip and wailed her arms about.

"Mmmhpf! Mmmhpf!" Minako yelled out with her friend's hand on her mouth.

"You little fool! You don't want to get the people's attention. They'll probably think you're a pair of lunatics," Makoto sighed, pulling her hand off Minako's mouth. "Besides, I doubt they know anything about the Lycans. Everything that has to do with them and our mission should be kept to ourselves."

"Yes, I agree. It's okay to be proud of me but don't get too excited over it," Ami sweat dropped. "Besides, my powers didn't exactly kill the Lycan. It was the silver weapon that accomplished that task."

Sitting down on her seat, Makoto leaned back against her chair and glared up at the ceiling. A ceiling fan spun around as images popped into the brunette's mind. "Stabbing it into the heart does the trick. Ami-chan, you said this Lycan attacked with a fire element?"

"That's right. Certainly an effective but not so effective element against my own."

"So, our enemy have already adapted to us somehow," Minako pointed out. "Yet, we can do the same. Proof in case point: we know their weaknesses."

"Silver..." Usagi muttered. "But I wonder... Which one of us will become an Eternal Sailor Senshi. Discounting myself and Ami-chan, who's next?"

"I think the most logical and obvious would be Rei-chan or myself," Makoto said before looking toward her housemate. "Or it could be Minako-chan."

The blonde-haired girl pointed to herself. "CHA! And no questions asked! You're looking at the next Eternal Senshi."

Ami had just remembered. "That brings up the next point. Rei-chan should give us a call anytime to remind us that our silver weapons are complete. Let me tell you, she and I were hard at work last night if we weren't interrupted with an unfortunate turn of events."

"It's okay, Ami-chan. You didn't expect for one of those freaks to break into your school. We feel bad for not being there to help you two."

"Don't worry about it, Minako-chan. At least I managed to gain my Eternal Sailor form. That's all that really matters. Besides, I feel much stronger than I've ever been."

Makoto smiled. "That's the spirit, Ami-chan. I'm thankful you and Rei-chan put in any extra time to do this for us."

"Right. We sure owe you," Usagi thanked her genius friend. "Ah, speaking of which, Luna... You wanted to say something?"

"Yeah, that's why I brought Artemis with me," Minako nodded, opening her basket.

As the two blondes opened their baskets, their guardian cats popped their heads out and let out a deep sigh of gasp relief. "Whew, I thought we were going to suffocate in there!" the cats exclaimed simultaneously.

"Hey, at least I didn't leave you in my basket, Arty!"

The white feline shuddered as he recalled the ugly and odorous stench from being inside her purse. "OH KAMI. Please, don't remind me... I nearly had to gag before we got to the arcade yesterday."

"Oh, Minako-chan," Usagi chuckled, nudging the idol-in-training's shoulder and whispering in her ear. "Forget to take those old socks of yours out of your purse, again?"

"How would you have guessed?" Minako snickered. A pair of tiny devil horns appearing out of her head and a devious grin curling her lips. Artemis did not like the look the goddess of love had and crouched down inside the basket.

"Anyway, you were going to tell us something important, Luna? Artemis?" Ami asked the two guardian cats.

Luna nodded. "As a matter of fact, we do. Now, lately, you girls have been more distant from each other and living in different sections of Tokyo. Artemis and I discussed this two nights ago."

"So, that's why you left the apartment after I went to sleep," Usagi said.

"Right. I left to meet with Artemis. Now, we managed to take make replicas of your camera cell phones using the mystical power from our crescents on our foreheads. In the process, we created these."

With that, the black feline reached down and picked up what appeared to be a Nokia pink camera cell phone. She handed one to Usagi. The odango girl took the phone and examined it. A smile crossed her face.

"Wow, it looks just like my cell phone! Cool!"

"With a few modifications, Usagi-chan. We have camera phones for each of you," Artemis stated, picking one up out his basket and handing it to Minako. "These cell phones act like your ordinary phones. You can dial short and long distance calls. But, please, use these primarily to communicate with each other. Also, they are not toys. Use them in case of emergencies."

"In addition, these will enable you girls to capture images of an individual you wish to take a picture of. In turn, by doing so, you will activate a new disguise power."

"Are you serious, Luna? You mean we can now disguise ourselves?" Makoto asked, taking her new pink phone. "Sweet! Just think of the many possibilities. We can sure use these to get closer to our enemy without them noticing."

"I wouldn't be so sure in this case. We're dealing with creatures with a keen sense of smell and sight," Ami reminded everyone. "Even if we somehow disguised ourselves, they will recognize our scent."

"Yeah, which really sucks," sighed Minako, drooping her head.

Examining her cell phone, Usagi was reminded of her old disguise pen. She recalled putting on many disguises to infiltrate on the Dark Kingdom's plans. Having the ability to use disguise power was nostalgic to the odango girl. Makoto, Ami and Minako held up their new devices while noticing their respective planet symbols flashing on the screens. A green Jupiter symbol for Makoto. An orange-yellow Venus symbol for Minako. A light blue Mercury symbol for Ami. Usagi glanced at the golden crescent half-moon flashing on the screen.

"Oh, did Rei-chan receive hers yet?" Usagi asked her guardian cat.

"Don't worry. I left early this morning to hand Rei-chan's her new cell phone. Let's just say she was as happy as you girls are now," Luna smiled. "I take it you like your new devices?"

"Are you kidding? This is the best early birthday present ever!" Minako flashed a grin and a thumb up.

Makoto reminded her housemate and nudged her shoulder. "And you've got a one coming up in a couple of weeks, birthday girl."

"Heh, that's right!"

Ami smiled and sweat dropped. "Don't worry, Minako-chan. We'll be sure to throw you a very special birthday party. Right, girls?"

"Of course! And leave it to me to bake you a cake, Minako-chan! That's what friends are for!" Usagi stood up, standing tall and puffing her chest.

Everyone at the table looked up at the odango girl and drooped their heads at once. Usagi glanced around them and felt red across the face in embarrassment. She once again had made a ruckus much to Makoto's dismay.

"Usagi-chan... Will you try to control yourself?" Makoto waved her hands around and laughed nervously. "I maybe on break but I still work here."

"Besides, that is nice of you, Usagi-chan but I'll rely on Mako-chan to bake me a cake," Minako assured her friend. "Don't sweat it!"

"If you say so, I just wanted to do something for your birthday..." Usagi shrugged.

"Bah! You're all invited to come on over! There's no harm in that, guys!"

Ami looked at her watch and gasped. "Oh my... I've got my glass in an hour! I'm sorry I have to do this you guys but I have to get going."

"But your school isn't too far from here. You could at least stay with us a little while longer..."

"Sorry, Usagi-chan, but I'd like to get there since I'm usually always the first student to arrive in my microbiology class. Luna, thank you for the new handy phone. You make sure to call me up whenever there is something serious."

Makoto nodded. "It's cool. You go ahead and go to your class. I'm sure Rei-chan should be done with our weapons by the time your class ends."

"Right. Well, goodbye everyone and I'll see you later at Hikawa Shrine," Ami bowed her friends and left picking up her belongings.

Watching their friend walk out the exit, they settled down and leaned back on their chairs. Minako pulled the straw out of her soda glass and let a few drops down on a piece of straw paper covering. The straw covering absorbed the liquid and stretched out like a 'caterpillar'. Minako giggled and watched it 'move.'

"Hehehe, look guys. A caterpillar..."

Makoto sighed and drank her glass of soda. "Don't you have better things to do with your free time, Minako-chan? Maybe, at least, play with your new cell phone?"

Looking down at her new cell phone, the blonde smirked and studied the buttons on the front. "Hmm, now where's the disguise button?"

"Mako-chan, you shouldn't have given her ideas," Artemis spoke up. "Mina, please don't try anything crazy. These are tools we must use in case of emergency."

"The same goes for you, Usagi-chan!" Luna glanced up at the odango girl. "Don't even think about using this as a toy!"

Usagi grumbled and gripped her new camera phone. "That never even came to my mind, Luna. You think you know me too well."

"Now this one I have to keep an eye out for," Artemis pointed to Minako. "Don't abuse your rights over that tool, Mina. I'm giving you fair warning."

"Feh, you're such a party pooper, Arty. I really want to try out the disguise power."

Suddenly, she felt a hand reach over and snatch it out of her grasp. Minako turned and gasped once noticing Makoto holding possession of her camera phone. "Uh, uh, not on my watch, Minako-chan. Now, you behave yourself!"

Moaning and putting on an 'innocent puppy-dog eyes act', Minako clasped both hands and smiled. "I'll behave, mommy! Really I will!"

Watching this childish behavior from the 'goddess of love', the cats and Usagi sweat dropped. Makoto giggled and handed her housemate her camera phone.

"That's a good girl," the brunette smiled, winking to Minako. "As long as you address to me as 'mommy'."

"Luna, is it just me or has Minako regressed more than I have?" Usagi whispered to her cat's ear.

Artemis overheard her chattering and sighed deeply. "No, you're right on the money. Minako has regressed and I fear she'll act like a thirteen year old..."

"It doesn't bother me," Makoto reassured the white feline. "By acting like a spoiled child, Minako's almost like a daughter I never had. I mean, she isn't completely hopeless. Right, Minako? You have your evening idol shows and I'm co-manager of this restaurant. In fact, we're bringing in enough money to pay for rent easily every month. So, we're not completely hopeless."

"Yeah and we still have enough money left to buy whatever we want. In fact, we bought a PS2, a Gamecube and X-BOX over the last year or so. Not to mention plenty of games for each console!" Minako grinned, showing everyone how much of a gamer she really was.

"Ugh, Kami, remind me of the times I've had to try to pull her away from playing over 28 hours of Halo," Artemis groaned.

"And it's a kick-ass game! My alias is Your_Love_Goddess and I've been owning newbs since day one!"

Makoto chuckled. "Except for that time that American humbled you. You didn't look so hot that night."

"Oh, I just let him beat me! Just you wait! Minako always rinses to the vocation!"

Usagi sweat dropped. “Um, don't you mean ...rises to the occasion? "

"Never correct the gamer queen!"

Glancing out the window, Usagi had reviewed over everything that had been worth mentioning. Ami transforming into Eternal Sailor Mercury for the first time. Another Lycan defeated. The Lycans somehow adapting well against their elemental powers. The new camera phone devices. The forging of metal weapons. And several questions remained: Who would be the next to receive the initial Eternal power-up? And, where was the main Lycan currently hiding his base of communications and operations?

One thing was for sure: Usagi and the girls would soon get to the bottom of it.

Or maybe not.



Azabu-Juuban District/Hikawa Shrine/2:45 PM


Hikawa Shrine. One of the many famous shrines in Tokyo where the religion of Shinto has been practiced here for many years. Like many shrines, they all enshrine the same Kami. Since World War II, Shinto had lost its status as Japan's state religion; some Shinto practices and teachings are no longer taught nor practiced today. However, there were still shrines and prefectures in Tokyo where the ancient religion is still practiced despite the strong dominance of Buddhism.

The head Miko (Priestess) of Hikawa Shrine was no exception to accepting and practicing the Shinto religion. Rei Hino vowed to remain true to the worship of Kami and would not seek any interest in other religions despite having to once attend an all-girls Catholic school. She was given the title as the head Miko after her grandfather had recently retired from his position. She promised to make her grandfather proud and carry out her duties in the name of Kami.

-

Sitting inside her shrine, Rei was in deep meditation in front of the sacred fire. She chanted an ancient Shinto chant while holding a small wooden plaque called an ema, which she uses to write her prayers or wishes. Since the attack by Pyro, the Miko had finished completing the silver weapons and hoping for any new messages from the sacred flames. Concentrating deeply, Rei opened her eyes and watched as an image of a Lycan flashed. A pair of red eyes gleaming with a demonic aura.

"The flames are once again showing an image of another Lycan. Just like last time... Will there be another Lycan attack? If so, I must be prepared. Now that we know about their weakness, this will be our opportunity to exploit their obvious weakness."

Moving her hands and recalling the proper hand signals, the young Miko chanted out the nine magic syllables for the anti-evil incantation. "Rin-Byo-To-Sha-Kai-Jin-Retsu-Zai-Zen!!"

With her eyes focused, Rei sat up from her kneeled position and walked out of the private flame room. The sunlight beamed down on her as she walked down to a post where many emas were hung. She placed the one she used during her visit to the sacred flame room and neatly hung it.

"Another Lycan image... They're already becoming a nuisance. What we need to do is find the mastermind behind this and we'll stop the root of the problem."

Sighing deeply, Rei sat down on the steps while garbed in her Miko outfit. She watched as her two pet crows, Deimos and Phobos, cawed out while staying perched on tree branches. A smile crept across the Miko's lips as she held up her right hand. As if right on cue, the crows flew down toward their beloved Miko and landed on both sides of her shoulders.

"Man, am I beat you guys. Mommy, hasn't gotten much sleep these last few days because of a stupid wolf," Rei said, petting her crows. "Then, I had to mold those silver weapons. Boy, will the girls be impressed with the hard work I put into them? Right, guys?"

"CAW! CAW!" the crows responded.

Giggling and lifting her hands up to send the crows flying back to the tree, Rei stood up with a fiery passion in her eyes. Now more than ever, she wanted to achieve the power of an Eternal Senshi. Seeing Ami transform last night had the Miko hoping her time would finally come.

Staring out at the cherry blossoms, Rei threw out a right hand strike followed by a front kick. "If Ami-chan and Usagi can achieve their Eternal form, then I, Princess of Mars, deserve that right. I want that power to crush these Lycans and protect those I love." Stepping into a Judo stance, the Miko put her hands out in front. "Usagi, I will become an Eternal warrior and wield the flames to extinguish this evil. Count on it!"

Taking another Judo stance, Rei threw out perfect strikes and kicks while keeping herself in tip-top condition. "Don't know why I'm doing this but I have a feeling... My time may come soon. Well, no use doing this, I really need to give the other girls a call right away."

With that, Rei took a deep breath and stepped onto the porch leading to her room. She opened the door and found the new pink camera phone she had recently gotten from the guardian cats. "Might as well give this thing a try and call Usagi. Heh, Luna and Artemis. This was a great idea.... Ugh, c'mon, odango-atama, quit making crank calls and pick up the phone!"

The Miko's temper was about to flare.

Hell hath, an angry Rei Hino scorn.


Disclosed Underground Lair/4:45 PM


Seated on his comfy chair, the mysterious individual (behind the recent Lycan attacks) observed the screens in his lair and checked for any whereabouts of the Sailor Senshi. He was pleasantly surprised that Sailor Mercury achieved her Eternal power-up. He figured that it wouldn't be too long before another Senshi received the initial power-up.

In fact, he was actually counting on it. Rather odd for a villain... if this dark individual really had any evil ambition.

His crimson eyes watched the monitors carefully and uttered a 'Hmm'. "Hn. No activity since last night. Fine but I think I should draw those ladies out again. This time... I have just the perfect warrior to battle the Sailor wielding the flames. And I can confirm that her position is near..."

Pointing to a grid map on his monitor, he pointed on a designated location near the Hikawa Shrine. Granted, it wasn't exactly AT the Shinto shrine but NEAR it. Nonetheless, he randomly chose the site for the next Lycan attack.

Glancing over his shoulder, the red-eyed figure saw a capsule descending from the ceiling. Just like the other day, the capsule contained a special type of Lycan. The figure advanced toward the capsule and looked down at the glass chamber to find a gray-furred Lycan.

Suddenly, exerting a powerful force of air, the Lycan shattered the glass chamber and emerged summoning a gust of air wind from out of his fur.

Holding himself in place, the figure prevented himself from being forced back by the powerful wind force the Lycan was releasing. "Heh, I see you've become accustomed to your new power, my friend. Like Pyro before you, I have bitten you to turn you one with the pack and given new powers through experimentations. You have the ability to control the wind and force of air pressure. You are THE WIND."

The gray Lycan growled as a sadistic grin crossed its lips. Its eyes gleamed with a translucent, light blue aura. "Do I get to finally kill a Sailor Senshi? I've waited too long to claim the life of one..."

"Patience, Zephyrerus. In due time and your opponent will be the warrior of the flames, Sailor Mars."

Zephyrerus grinned. "Excellent. I thank you for baptizing me into a brother of the wolf pack."

"Anything to it. Our kind will always be superior to humans and their disgusting sense of justice. To show these humans we will no longer be considered outcasts, we will make an example out of their heroes - starting with the Sailor Senshi."

"I will not let you down, master. Now, where do you wish to send me?"

Pointing to the monitor screen. "I have the exact coordinates. It will be near the Hikawa Shrine in Juuban District. About two blocks from that designated site. Sailor Mars is almost always seen near that area."

"Very well then. I will eliminate her for you, master," Zephyrerus kneeled and bowed his head respectfully.

Nodding in response, the figure sat back down on his seated chair and continued to monitor his screens. Zephyrerus quickly vanished as a gust of wind and left his master alone in his underground lair.

Nonetheless, he didn't mind being alone at all. For many years long passed, he has always been alone and grown accustomed to it. He had two goals in mind: to crush the humans' greatest champions, the Sailor Senshi, as an act of vengeance against the humans who had shunned him out and revenge against the one person that ruined his life.

However, in order to accomplish this goal, he had to seek out the most important thing the one person holds dearly.

"Hn. So, he is indeed in Tokyo. The one I've been searching for..." the figure murmured.


Bunyo, Tokyo/University of Tokyo/Private Laboratory Facility #12/4:50 PM


Back at the same laboratory, Ami returned to examine the sample fur Minako had picked up yesterday. Peering through a microscope, the blue-haired girl noticed a distinct coloration from that fur. It appeared like a wolf's fur rather than that of a domestic dog.

Ami could even confirm by studying the dead cells. She compared them to that of a domestic dog's dead cells. The cells from the fur were signs of a mutation. The cells seemed to have been merged from that of a human's and a wolf's.

"This is very interesting. This fur Minako-chan collected yesterday has dead cells that is uniquely structured from what I've seen before. It's different from that of a domestic dog and yet similar to a human's. No doubt that this is from a Lycan. But to think these Lycans were somehow once human beings. Where does the head Lycan come into the equation? I can conclude that the Lycans have a mutation rate that has evolved overtime, for Kami knows how long, and changes in response to environmental stress. So, he or she already has grown to accustomed to living in a metropolis of a million people. Hiding underground would be logical as it kept itself hidden from us. Yet, I know sooner or later I'll find this Lycan's lair. By doing so, we'll stop this creature and snuff out all of his schemes."

Getting off her chair, Ami turned off the microscope and picked up the piece of fur. She examined the rough and thin texture of the Lycan's black fur.

"At least we have a clue of what we're dealing with. For now, it's up to me to find out his hideout location," Ami sighed and glanced up at the clock. It was already 4:55. "Oh dear! I better get going and off to Rei-chan's shrine. Those silver weapons should be done."

"Excuse me."

Overhearing someone calling out to her, Ami recognized this voice and glanced over her shoulder. Naru stuck her head out and noticed Ami in the same room. A surprised look crossed Naru's face as she entered and smiled. "Ami-chan?"

"Naru-chan? What are you doing here?"

Naru entered the room and closed the door behind. "I apologize for disturbing you, Ami-chan. I didn't you you'd be here."

"No, it's okay, Naru-chan. I was just leaving now. I was doing a little research for an assignment for my class."

"I see. I just came here to visit the campus since I might enroll here."

"You're transferring?"

"Yeah, I told my mother I wanted to come here. You see I'm changing my major into science and biology."

"Is that so? Well, you're going to get the best education on these subjects here, Naru-chan. I guarantee it."

"I heard you were going to study to become a doctor like your mother?"

Ami nodded. "Yes, I'm only a few years away from graduation but it will be worth the wait. Everything I've learned will really help me in the long run."

"That must take away a lot of your free time, Ami-chan."

"Not really. I still have enough time to spend time with my friends. Usagi-chan told me to tell you to say 'hi' by the way."

Smiling, Naru nodded and looked around the room. "Tell her I said 'hi', too. By the way, Ami-chan, I hope we have some classes together."

"Me, too, Naru-chan. I'll be more than happy to tutor you if you need help with your studies."

"Thanks, Ami-chan. It was nice seeing you and we'll see each other again?"

"Sure. Now, I have to get going but we can catch up some other time, ok?" Ami smiled, putting the Lycan fur into a small bottle and gathering her belongings.

"I'll look forward to it, Ami-chan. Take care."

Waving out to Usagi's friend, Ami walked out the door and prepared to leave for Rei's Hikawa Shrine. It would take her at least an hour to arrive there but the arranged meeting was at 6:45. She should at least get there on time before everyone else. Naru watched Ami walking down the hall.

"I wonder if you know the Sailor Senshi, Ami-chan... Somehow, I get the feeling you, Usagi and the others are them," she whispered. "Oh, what am I saying? That couldn't be true... Um, could it?"


Near the Hikawa Shrine Area/6:20 PM


Glancing down at the city district, Zephyrerus kept himself hidden behind the shadows on top of an office-building roof. His eyes scanned the crowd of people crossing the streets as he angrily grunted. Every time he saw the people, an inner desire to unleash chaos and mercilessly kill every human crossed his twisted mind. Like many of the Lycans serving the 'mysterious pack leader,' violence and bloodshed was all he craved for while being a former human criminal himself.

"Pathetic humans. Be happy and merry all you cant. If I wanted to, I would blow you away with my wind and shatter every piece of glass around these buildings to watch you all impaled by a shower of a million glass shards. Imagine the bloodshed... But, I must carry out my master's orders... Now, there's Hikawa Shrine yet no signs of that Sailor wench. Perhaps, I should get a little closer to the shrine itself? I can draw out the Sailor Senshi that way. Never hurts to try..."

With that, Zephyrerus pounced up and vanished into a gust of wind.

His next move was very much obvious: attack Hikawa Shrine to draw out the Pyro Princess, Sailor Mars.



Disclosed Underground Lair/6:25 PM


Watching Zephyrerus from a monitor screen, the seated figure sighed deeply.

This was not exactly what he had in mind and thought the wind Lycan was making a grave mistake for not thinking ahead.

"Fool, you're not going by what we agreed on. Oh well, you brought this upon yourself. If you die, it's only because of your own blind lust for violence and murder. I did not take you in to be a senseless killer. I thought you would have understood my methods. Ah well. Not that it matters. Then again, he just might surprise me and actually get the job done. We'll see..."

Turning his attention back on the monitor, he waited for Zephyrerus to make his next move toward Hikawa Shrine. On one screen, all of the Senshi girls were gathered together outside the main shrine.

"Interesting, there are five girls. So, far, I have seen Five Sailor Senshi. I can at least confirm that one of them maybe a Senshi but I'd like to see solidified proof before my own eyes first and foremost."



Azabu-Juuban District/Hikawa Shrine/6:48 PM


Gathering at the shrine on time (especially Minako and Usagi), the girls arrived and stood outside the shrine. Rei walked out with a bag in hand and kneeled down in front of girls with the bag laid out. She opened it up to reveal the silver weapons. The group gathered around and looked down at the glamorous and shiny metallic weapons.

"Wow! You actually molded these on your own?!" Minako exclaimed, looking at the weapons. "Their texture and the shapes... Incredible."

"Maybe you should have taken up being a blacksmith on your spare time?" Makoto sweat dropped, picking up a dagger from out of the pouch. "Yeah, you really did great work here. Though, I'm curious to which weapons we'll be using."

Minako pulled out ten shurikens and kunais (five of each). "I call dibs on these babies! Ah, Rei-chan, another early birthday gift for me!"

"Seeing how you enjoy watching a certain ninja show featuring a yellow-haired kid, it was obvious I had to make those for you. Use them well," Rei instructed her friend. "You at least have good aim, right?"

"Minako-chan hasn't been a good thrower with non-Senshi weapons since her days as Sailor V unfortunately," sighed Artemis. "I'm not sure how she'll do with these weapons you've given her."

"Not to fear. Artemis. Leave it to me to train her," Makoto winked. "Oh and I suppose this katana is mine?" The brunette pulled out a long sword, measuring nearly 35 inches long. She gazed in awe at the manufactured sword and looked at her own reflection through it. "Sweet..."

"I'm glad you like it, Mako-chan. The composition of this silver is truly wonderful," Rei smiled, handing Ami a dagger.

Grasping the handle of the dagger, Ami examined it. "Very good, Rei-chan. Also, Mako-chan, wielding a silver weapon is a good thing for you."

"Why's that?"

"Well, it has the highest electrical conductivity of all metals, even higher than that of copper. You could channel your own electrical power through your weapon."

Makoto grinned and gripped the handle of the katana. "Awesome! I could think of so many creative possibilities by channeling my own power through this badass weapon. Thanks a lot, Rei-chan!"

"Ooo! Ooo! What about me?" Usagi asked, hopping up and down in front of the Miko. "Eh? Eh?" Rei simply sweat dropped in front of the hyperactive girl and reached into the bag to pull out a smaller katana. Usagi took it and tilted her head in confusion.

"It's called a chisa-katana. It's a simply a shortened katana. Longer than a wakizashi. The one you're wielding is about 18 inches. Albeit, despite its size, it will definitely come in handy. Make sure to put it to good use, Usagi."

Usagi nodded as she examined the weapon and stroked the tip of the blade. "You know your stuff, Rei-chan."

"Well, after all of those years studying under Shinto, I enjoy everything about our ancient Japanese heritage. Certainly better than modern-day society if you ask me," the Miko shrugged, pulling out her weapon. "Now to show you guys my weapon."

With that, she opened the bag and caught everyone by surprise with the weapons in her hands. In her right hand were a long bow with a string tied and ten silver arrows in the other hand. The girls were awe struck with the choice of weaponry Rei had chosen. But, it suited her.

"Now that's an excellent choice of weapons, Rei-chan!" Minako gasped and clapped her hands. "Standing out like that, you remind me of Kagome and Kikyo from Inu-Yasha!"

"Yeah but no doubt our Rei-chan will be more kick-butt than those two," Usagi smiled, admiring the Miko weapons.

"Thanks, guys but it's not really my best work," Rei chuckled, setting her silver weaponry down and looked down at her bandaged hands. "I have the wounds to prove that it wasn't easy making these weapons. I need rest if you ask me..."

"Yes, that would surely benefit you. We'll need you at 100 percent in case another Lycan attacks," Ami agreed.

Nodding her head, Rei sat down and deeply sighed. "I'm glad you guys like your weapons. All I can say is to put them to good use. We've exploited the Lycan's weaknesses and no doubt we will have a better advantage. Now, Minako and Usagi, I'm serious. Use those only in battle. These are not toys."

"But it would be okay for us to train with me?" Makoto asked, holding the katana in front of her.

"Sure, that's okay. I need to practice my archery as a matter of fact."

"Ah, don't worry. I'll learn how to get accustomed to using these shurikens and kunais! Believe it!" Minako smirked, holding her tiny ninja weapons.

"That's what we're worried about," the cat guardians muttered at once.

Just as Rei leaned back against the wooden floor, her ESP senses were starting to pick up on a dark ki and her eyes narrowed. She sprang up to her feet and glanced toward the front of the shrine's entrance as a powerful gust of wind pass along by. The crows cawed out in warning, which signified that a negative disturbance was in midst.

The girls noticed the Miko's sudden reaction in alarm. Usagi approached her Miko friend and turned toward the shrine's entrance.

"Rei-chan...? What's wrong?"

The Miko responded accordingly. "We have company and let me tell you it isn't a welcoming one."

"What?! A Lycan is here?!" Minako exclaimed, spinning around. "But I don't see anything!"

"Oh but I do and it's here. The Lycan is at the front entrance," Rei stated, jumping off and racing toward the entrance. "I know you're there, Lycan! Come on out and show yourself coward! You cannot escape my foresight!"

As soon as she challenged the beast, the wind Lycan materialized from the gust of wind and appeared before the girls. His entire fur body was gray with black stripes running down the sides with torn pants covering his legs. His eyes were golden with dilating black irises. He put his fists out forward and revealed spinning tornado-like motions.

Zephyrerus chuckled under his breath. "So, you were able to see me? Interesting how a normal human was able to sense my presence and locate me despite having been cloaked..."

The Miko scoffed while standing her ground. "Please, I could see and sense you coming a mile away. You can't escape my Miko senses. Your evil heart could easily be detected."

"REI-CHAN!!" the other girls called out.

Noticing the other Senshi running by their Miko friend's side, Zephyrerus grumbled. "I came here looking for the one named Sailor Mars. I realized she is often seen around here. So, I came to make a little 'noise' to attract her attention. So, tell me, where is she and I may spare your pathetic life."

"What do you know of Sailor Mars and the Sailor Senshi?" Rei asked the near over eight-foot-tall beast.

"That they must be eliminated to please my master. He despises the fact that you have gotten in the way of his schemes of finding a certain someone..."

Usagi caught on with what the Lycan stated and gasped. "A certain someone...?"

"I'm simply here to take out the trash! Now, if I trash this shrine, then I will no doubt attract their attention. Now, you meek little girls stand aside or you'll become causalities!"

Rei spat out. "Sorry but you're not going to mess with this shrine unless you go through me - head priestess of the Hikawa Shrine!"

"Humph, you're no Sailor Senshi... I seriously doubt you can do anything to me!"

"Heh, but that's where you're wrong. We have two things that we'll use to stop you: these weapons forged from out of silver and this..." Rei stated. "TRANSFORM everyone!"

"WHAT?!"

With that, the five girls held up their Henshin rods (in Usagi and Ami's cases, they summoned forth their crystals). Zephyrerus gasped out in surprised shock and jumped back from the blinding flashes of light each item was emitting. He couldn't believe that all five Inners were gathered at one location.

"MOON ETERNAL, MAKE-UP!"

"MERCURY ETERNAL, MAKE-UP!"

"MARS CRYSTAL POWER, MAKE-UP!"

"JUPITER CRYSTAL POWER, MAKE-UP!"

"VENUS CRYSTAL POWER, MAKE-UP!"

Despite how long it may have taken from a first-person point of view, the transformations were actually instantaneous and were completed in under a second. Zephyrerus stepped back but sporting a malevolent grin on his face.

"Good, very good... Five Senshi at once..."



Disclosed Underground Lair/6:55 PM


The seated figure watched the events unfold and confirmed the girls before their transformations. Now, he knew about their civilian identities.

"Ah, so that's it. I was right about that blue-haired girl transforming into Sailor Mercury the other day. Now, all I need to do is find out who their names are. I can't know who they are if I don't have the names."

Inserting a CD disc into his computer's hard drive, he saved the photo of the five girls in their civilian forms into his disc. His eyes narrowed while scanning each of the girls' faces.

"But don't worry, girls. Your secrets will remain with me. That I can promise you. Heh, now, Zephyrerus, its time to prove to me you can defeat the legendary warriors of Queen Serenity."


Hikawa Shrine/6:58 PM


Zephyrerus clenched his fists while gathering power to summon forth his powerful winds. The five Inners stood off and faced the wind Lycan. They each wielded their silver weapons.

The Lycan realized that attacking them was risky considering the silver weaponry they possessed. He observed his surroundings and noticed many trees near the shrine. The trees could at least come in handy and would use them to his advantage.

"Don't think you can defeat us. We know about your weaknesses!" Moon called out, holding her silver kodachi.

Mars stepped out in front with her bow and arrow. "Leave this sacred ground now or you'll deal with all five of us! This is your last warning!"

Grinning, Zephyrerus put his hands out in front of the Senshi. They stood their ground and prepared for anything that the enemy was about to unleash. He raised his right hand out in front and summoned a small fan in front of him. The Senshi were caught off guard as the large Lycan held a Japanese fan in his right hand.

"Um, a fan? Now that's surprising," Venus pointed out, a confused look on her face.

"Yeah, I mean, what the hell?" Jupiter nodded.

Then, it all became clear to Sailor Mars. She studied the Lycan and sensed another presence from within him. So that's it then. He's not as he seems to be. Time to end this ruse. "Hey, why not show your true self? I know that faux body you're using is just a disguise to throw us off guard! Your true Lycan form is underneath!"

"What?!" Moon gasped out, glancing over at Mars.

"You mean that body is a fake?!" Mercury shouted.

"Heh, so you were able to see through me that quickly? Wow, you're a lot better than I gave you credit for..."

The Miko Senshi scoffed. "Don't give us that bull! Show us who you really are!"

Chuckling in amusement, the Lycan complied. "Very well then but it's your funeral. False body DEACTIVATE!"

With that, a thick fog covered Zephyrerus’ large body. The Senshi shielded themselves from the smoke and watched as the fake body vanished. In place of the giant was a smaller figure about the size of the Senshi's average height. In fact, the true Zephyrerus was a FEMALE. Her fur now delicately and ghostly white. Her eyes were gleaming demonic red. She wore a two-layered kimono. The inner layer is blue while the outer layer having a dark pink and white-striped pattern. A yellow belt was tied around the waist. A pair of red earrings adorned her ears. She was bare-footed with black hair tied up with a pair of white feathers tying up the hair into a short ponytail. Her ears were slightly smaller for a Lycan.

"Sorry for not showing off my true form but I always love scaring my victims in that fake body but apparently you were able to see through my true form," the female smirked, opening up her fan. "You may call me Mistress Zephyrerus."

"Humph, you're still the same dark-hearted Lycan I've sensed before," Mars retorted. "It doesn't matter what you are, we're still going to take you down!"

"Hey, um, but this is really a weird twist. A woman disguising herself as a man?" Venus whispered.

"Not to mention she looks awfully similar to Kagura from Inu-Yasha," Jupiter pointed out. "It doesn't matter. We'll take her."

"That's right! You're dealing with all five of us!" Moon stated. "Two of us are already Eternal Senshi!"

Zephyrerus merely snickered in amusement. "And that bothers me? Pyro was a weakling. You're dealing with the mistress of the wind!"

"Let's be careful everyone. If she's a master of the wind, we had better scatter and that's my best advice against a wind user," Mercury suggested.

"You heard her, guys. Spread out!" Moon called out in order.

Then, without hesitation, the five pretty soldiers spread out and scattered across the shrine. Zephyrerus watched them spread out and chuckled. Apparently, she was going to force her to attack from different directions and that would be no trouble for her.

"Heh, not a bad strategy but I can still attack with my wind force anywhere I wish!" Zephyrerus called out, sending a sharp wave of her fan and flings multiple blasts of wind-shaped like blades. "WIND BLADES!!"

Unleashing her attacks to the east side, Sailor Venus and Sailor Jupiter jumped out to avoid the attack. They retaliated and launched their attacks at the wind mistress.

Blowing a kiss, Venus released an array of hearts that attacked like exploding bombs. "VENUS LOVE AND BEAUTY SHOCK!!"

"JUPITER OAK EVOLUTION!!"
Jupiter cried out, spinning around like a ballerina and unleashing an array of leaf blades.

Zephyrerus waited as the attacks came forward and cancelled them out with a wave of her fan. She controlled the direction of the wind and sent the attacks directly back at the two Senshi. Venus and Jupiter leaped away in time and avoided being struck down by their own attacks.

Sailor Mars remained sitting inside the tree with her two crows. She studied the way Zephyrerus danced and waved her fan. This was similar to a Shinto dance she had performed before. "That's an ancient Shinto dance she's performing. Yeah, I'm very familiar with this. The only problem is her wind attacks but I think I can find a way through it somehow."

Zephyrerus performed a quick dance and opened her fan to form another wind current. This time it had released a force that caught both Venus and Jupiter. They were sent flying back against two trees. They gasped out while being pinned down. The wind was so strong that it ripped a tree right in half.

This forced Moon, Mercury and Mars to jump out to stop Zephyrerus. She realized that she was surrounded and would be defeated if she engaged in combat with all three at once. So, rather than fighting them, she danced in motion and waved her fan to create one large twister.

"Oh no! You guys get back!" Mars called out.

Realizing this, Eternal Mercury raced toward Moon and flew up with the odango girl. Mars raced at Zephyrerus and ended up on the receiving end of the twister.

"WIND TWISTER!!"

The Miko screamed as she was trapped in the twister. Controlling the movement of her twister, she waved her fan across and sent the twister toward another tree. The force of the twister completely shredded the standing tree and left Sailor Mars completely broken under the pile of heavy debris.

"SAILOR MARS!!" Mercury and Moon called out.

"And that just leaves two little girls for me to play with," Zephyrerus grinned, her sights on the two Eternals.

"Usagi, hang on tight!"

With that, the wind Lycan released a powerful gust of wind as she waved her fan. This prompted Mercury to erect an ice barrier in front of her and Moon. The colliding wind force was stopped by the powerful ice barrier.

"Humph, a nice parlor trick, dear, but once I unleash my more powerful Wind Twister, it will be all over for you!"

"That was a neat trick, Mercury!" Moon praised her friend's defensive ice shield.

"Thanks but I'm not sure if it will protect us from the attack she used on Mars. But I'll do the best I can to keep my defensive shield stronger."

Moon looked down at her fallen friends. Jupiter, Venus and Mars were all laid out as a result of Zephyrerus' assault. In Mars' case, she was buried under debris and nearly broken.

"There's no way she's going to give us any time to recover. She never even gave them a chance to use their silver weapons!" Moon said.

"I know..." Mercury sadly sighed.

Zephyrerus prepared to unleash another wind attack on the last two Eternal Senshi and would seemingly finish it quickly.

-

However, unbeknownst to them, the pile that buried Sailor Mars was suddenly gleaming with a crimson aura of light. Mars' eyes appeared lifeless as her vision became blurry. Her body ached from head to toe yet her mind could still function.

"Oh, Kami... my body is racked with excruciating pain. Is... Is this it for me...? Defeated my a Lycan and leaving my friends to die...?" The Miko Senshi thought, finding her bow and arrow lying next to her. "I wish I was stronger... I want to get stronger... Strong enough to slay this Lycan myself... If Ami-chan can do it, then I can, too... Planet Mars, I call upon you to grant your princess your flames of passion... MAKE ME STRONG!!"

As she said that, the Miko focused all of those words in thought and noticed her body giving off a subtle crimson glow. The Henshin rod levitated directly in front of her and projected the image of Planet Mars. Then, the symbol of her planet flashed brightly on her forehead.

"The light... My body is being healed... I'm being rejuvenated. Arigato, Planet Mars for answering the plea of your princess..."

Watching the Crystal on top of her rod transforming, it now assumed the form and shape of a more crystallized red orb. It gave off a radiant crimson beacon of light.

"The same thing that happened with Ami-chan yesterday is happening with me. Does this mean...? Yes! This is it! I've gained the power of an Eternal warrior. I am strong! I am the Warrior of the Sacred Flames! Hang in there, guys! It's my time to shine!"

-

The wind Lycan was ready to release another attack at the two Eternals and aimed to finish them off at once. Suddenly, she immediately became distracted by a blinding flash of crimson light and glanced over to find Sailor Mars floating out of the debris. Jupiter and Venus lifted themselves up to watch their fellow Senshi emerging from the debris. Moon and Mercury gasped out with smiles on their faces.

"What's the meaning of this...?!" Zephyrerus hissed, her eyes blinded by the crimson light.

"Lycan, you will pay for desecrating my sacred shrine! Prepare to be chastised!" Mars called out, grasping her Henshin rod and crystal. "MARS ETERNAL! MAKE-UP!"

As she called out her transformation phrase, her body was engulfed by red light. Mars pressed the crimson crystal against her brooch and threw her head back. Her outfit underwent a few changes in design, including her red high-heels turning completely white. A red star-shaped brooch ornament adorned her chest. The trimming edges of her skirt were pink. A golden star adorned the waist area of her outfit. Even her shoulders padding was pink. Behind her back a pair of red ribbons flowing down. Her sailor-style collar was a lighter shade of red. Her long black/purple shaded hair flowed behind her back as she moved her hands through the beautiful hair. In addition, six wings had now grown out of her back much like Moon and Mercury's Eternal form.

Now, Rei had reached her newest Sailor form: Eternal Sailor Mars.

The other Senshi were stunned by the new transformation Mars had now undergone. She looked absolutely gorgeous and strong just like Mercury before her.

"Re...Rei-chan?" Moon whispered. "Wow, she actually did it!"

"That's the way, Mars. Now, we have third Eternal Senshi on our side," Mercury smiled.

Jupiter grinned, barely managing to stand up. "That a way, Mars. You're stronger than you look."

"Time to take the spotlight, Mars. Show... us what you can do..." Venus muttered.

Mars swiftly landed on the ground with the front end of her boots and focused her gaze toward the wind mistress. She picked up her silver bow and arrows. Zephyrerus noticed the difference in demeanor on the Miko's face. Indeed, she could tell Mars has gotten stronger than before.

"Heh, we'll just see how much stronger you are, princess," Zephyrerus sneered, waving her fan. "Even becoming what you are now, you're still not a match for the wind mistress!"

"Shut up and get on with it," Mars spat out, not feeling up to anymore of the Lycan's arrogance. "Oh. is that fear I sense from you, dear Lycan?" A smile curled across the Miko's lips.

Growling under her breath, Zephyrerus gripped her fan and scowled. "I DON'T fear you."

"Oh, please, it's written all over your face."

"Shut up!"

"Stop denying it."

"SHUT UP!!"

"Ooo, struck a nerve didn't I?" Mars smirked, clenching her right fist.

"I'LL HAVE YOUR HEAD!" Zephyrerus screamed out, waving her fan. "WIND BLADES!!"

Unleashing another array of blade-like projectiles at the Flame Senshi, Zephyrerus anticipated her attack to hit its intended target.

BAM!!

"Yes! I've got her!" the Lycan called out.

However, much to her dismay, Mars had quickly side stepped the attack with newfound speed. Zephyrerus' eyes widened in surprise. She waved her fan and unleashed a powerful wind current directly at Eternal Mars. In an instant, Mars phased out of sight and caught the wind mistress completely off guard.

Before Zephyrerus could react, she felt a sudden movement by her side. Mars appeared beside Zephyrerus' side and tapped her on the shoulder. As the wind mistress turned...

WHAM!!

The Senshi's landed a punch against Zephyrerus' face and sent her flying back. Flames ignited around Mars' fists. Sailor Mars quickly raced across faster than the eye could see. In fact, it almost seemed that her perception of movement was as fast as a tenth of a second. A flaming shield formed around Mars as she launched herself at the Lycan. She slammed against Zephyrerus and sent her crashing against a tree. Mars powered down her flame shield and watched Zephyrerus slowly rising to her feet.

"Wow, Mars is so awesome!" Venus cheered.

Moon watched the entire battle and smirked. "Way to go, Mars..."

"She's getting back up!" Jupiter called out in warning.

Zephyrerus trembled angrily and picked herself up. "No... NO! How could you be stronger than me?! You should be weaker!"

"Sorry but you're mistaken for the old me," Mars responded, smiling.

"I... swear... I'll have your HEAD!!"

Sighing, Eternal Mars raised her right hand and channeled forth her passionate flames. "Kami... Planet Mars... Grant me the strength to send this demon to a hellish inferno. There is no burning back, Lycan. Once I unleash this force, even your wind cannot save you."

"Fire against my wind?! I'll put it out!"

"Not this flame. You're FINISHED!!" Mars howled, her eyes glowing and her planet's symbol flashing on her forehead. "Just remember this... Resistance is FUTILE!!"

Suddenly, a column of fire surrounded the warrior. The other Senshi watched the events unfold and wondered just how quickly she would finish the wind mistress. However, one thing was certain: Zephyrerus was done.

"Yikes! Mars is on fire! And I do mean that literally!" Venus panicked.

"Mars!!" Moon and Mercury cried out.

Jupiter smirked. "Let her have it..."

As she channeled her sacred flames, she brought her bow forward along with an arrow to use. She summoned forth yet another power besides her Senshi power. It would be the inner, spiritual energy she possessed and has suppressed for years. She merged both that spirit energy and the flames through the arrow. Zephyrerus was too shocked for words and couldn't even move a muscle. She watched as the arrow was engulfed in a flaming inferno.

"No.. No! I can't stop that! I have to get out of here!"

Just as she turned, the other Senshi all stood in her way. She had no means to escape but one option was left. She took off by flying up into mid-air.

"Mars! She's getting away!" Moon called out.

"Sorry but escape is NOT an option," Mars whispered and pulled on the string to release the flaming/spirit-powered arrow. "MARS SNAKE FIRE!!"

Upon declaring her attack, she released the arrow and watched it following Zephyrerus' direction. It traveled out like a homing missile with its intended target at sight. The flames blazing around the arrow transformed into a serpentine shape. It was now shaped like a full-bodies snake. As it opened its mouth, it had a long set of hypothermic, needle long fangs like a viper's. The fire snake hissed out aloud as it came closer toward Zephyrerus.

The wind mistress attempted to stop it by waving her fan around in desperation with wind attacks to dispel the snake inferno. Mars smirked as she knew the wind mistress's attempts to survive was futile.

The snake opened its mouth and came toward Zephyrerus. She let out a horrifying banshee as the snake swallowed her and set her body completely ablaze. The silver arrow pierced right through her dark heart and sealed her fate.

BOOM!!

The Lycan exploded into ashes with the Mars Snake Fire been launched out through the heavens. Mars watched proudly as she had killed a Lycan all on her own.

"Mars! That was incredible!" Moon called out.

As Eternal Mercury flew down, she gently put Moon down. The Senshi all ran toward Mars and congratulated her on a job well done.

"Girl, you really kicked butt out there!" Venus commended her Miko friend. "I didn't think you’d had all of that power."

"Honestly, I didn't think so either until I got right down business," Mars stated, looking down at her bow and arrows. "Was that spirit energy I just used? I had all of that power suppressed all of this time?"

Moon pat her friend's shoulder. "You were really great, Mars-chan. You and Mercury defeated Lycans on your own. You didn't even need me."

Nodding her head, the Miko smiled. "I know. I wanted to be stronger and now I got my wish. I'm glad that's over with though..."

-

Watching the events, Luna and Artemis were awe struck. First Mercury and now Mars. However, the Miko displayed an even greater power than either of them could imagine.

"What do you think, Luna?" Artemis grinned.

Luna replied with a nod. "Well, let me put this bluntly... I can't wait until Makoto and Minako become Eternal Senshi!"

"You said. We're not complete until those two get their initial power-up. You know I think we might win this battle against the Lycans!"

"Don't be so sure, Artemis," a man's voice spoke out.

The guardian cats turned to the other side to find Tuxedo Kamen standing beside them. He had watched the entire battle from a different location on the shrine.

"You know something we don't Tuxedo Kamen?" Luna approached the masked man.

"This is only the beginning of the Lycan attacks but we are making great progress. The girls' true potentials are soon going to hit their peaks. Their powers will be something like we've never seen before."

"Hit their peaks? Will the girls really become stronger than we imagined?" Luna thought, watching the Senshi crowding around Mars. "Yes, I can certainly believe that."

-

"Oh, oh, Mars! How about showing us that snake flame again?" Moon begged, getting down on her knees.

"I'm too exhausted... Maybe next time?"

"Please?"

"No."

"Please?"

"No way! That was my first time doing it!" Mars spat out and then she winced. The girls noticed as Eternal Mars gripped her right hand.

"Are you okay, Mars?" Mercury asked the Miko Senshi. "Perhaps, I..."

"It's okay, Mercury. I just need some rest but I wouldn't mind if you guys helped me to my room..."

Moon smiled and then noticed the destruction left around the shrine at the wake of the Lycan attack. "Oh, Mars, the shrine..."

"It's okay... Somehow we'll get everything fixed. I know grandfather is going to freak after he comes back from his vacation," Mars smirked, trying to hide the pain. "At least, I'm proud enough to say that I won a battle on my own... Arigato, Kami. Arigato, Planet Mars for responding to your princess."

"Hey, Jupiter, I wonder who will be next? I hope it's me," Venus grinned, feeling overly excited at the prospect of becoming an Eternal.

The brunette smirked. "Heh, we'll see." Without a doubt, it will be me!

Taking Mars back to the shrine, the Senshi survived yet another encounter with a powerful Lycan. First, a generic Lycan with merely super strength. Then, a fire-based beast. Now, a wind powered Lycan mistress.

They wondered when the pack's leader would finally reveal himself.

If he will ever show himself.

-

Watching the events from on top of a building, the mysterious leader turned away. His red eyes gleamed with a demonic perception.

Another Lycan had failed. But, he expected for this to happen.

Somehow, he was counting on the fact that all the Inners achieve their Eternal power-ups. For whatever reason was relatively unknown. Only he knew.

"As I expected, she failed. No matter. Not only will I focus on the Senshi, but also I still need to search for the one that made my former life a living hell. Just you wait, Senshi, your time will come. My seven mercenaries will soon be awakened."

With that, he walked into the shadows and vanished to parts unknown.


(Cue fade to black)

End of Episode Four



Next Time

Tomboy Meets Tomboy! Jupiter Coconut Cyclone!


Completed in two and a half days! I'm on a roll with this story and the reviews are good enough reason for me to continue. Thank you for the continued support.

Rei kicks butt in this chapter and looks good doing so. :P

Eternal Sailor Mars has shown us a different side to her like we've never seen before. Hints of her reliance on spirit power and those are a foreshadowing of events to come in her future. That and her new power the Mars Snake Fire is based off the same attack she uses in the manga version. The way and manner she released this attack was based off Yu Yu Hakusho 's Hiei. ;)

Zephyrerus is indeed based off Kagura from Inu-Yasha just to let you know.

In addition, the use of the communication camera cell phones is based off the Live Action series Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon. Just to let you know and I've started to watch the live action series. It's cheesy but good cheese! We'll definitely see more elements derived from the manga and live action in this story as we progress on.

Sorry, no Cain this chapter. But there's always the next. He won't be that much of a prominent character in the Lycan arc of the series but will play a more important role afterward.

Anyway, Mars receives her Eternal power-up, kicks butt and had her time to shine. Next time, it will be almost solely dedicated to Makoto along and new characters will be introduced including a new tomboy. Should be a good chapter. We'll see.

That's it. Be sure to leave a review. Rei wants to know what you think of her new powers. ;)

I'm outta here! Peace!