Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Sailor Moon H(ope): All's Fair in Love and War ❯ Chapter 3

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
******************************************
Sailor Moon slipped along a narrow path slowly. She had used the crystal to find Zoisite. With every step closer she took, it shone brighter and brighter. But, she still couldn't believe what she had just done. 'I did it for his own protection. I couldn't let him risk his life again. This is something between me and Zoisite. I just hope I didn't hit the back of his head too hard. 'She tried to assure herself. She inched her way through the tunnels. There was no one to help her decide which way to go, she could only rely on her instincts that her friends were near, possibly alive. "Yes they are alive, in a matter of speaking." Sailor Moon looked up. Zoisite stood above her. "Witch! Where are they?" Zoisite snickered and gave Sailor Moon a wicked grin. "Their here with me. You can try to free them, but you have to find me first...Or else they won't live long!" He disappeared. "I'll be there before you can blink, Zoisite!" Sailor Moon called after her. "You can count on that." She added, whispering. Sailor Moon pressed on. She was almost there, she could feel it. Yet, she thought she thought could almost feel someone else entering the cave, but she brushed it aside. She had something more important to worry about right now. She came to a room, the center of the cave. Sailor Moon stood on a metal bridge. Stairs led down to the bottom left of where she was standing. A light in the center of the room attracted her attention. She squinted looking at the figures. A gasp escaped Sailor Moon's mouth. It was the scouts. Still in the crystal boxes Zoisite had captured them in. "Welcome Sailor Moon. I'm so glad you came." Zoisite moved out of the shadows where he had been hiding and lept up to the railing in front of Sailor Moon. "Zoisite! Only you could make an entrance as bad as that!" Zoisite shook with anger at the girl's speech, and clenched his fists together. "You'll pay for that remark! ZOI!"
But he was too late, Sailor Moon had already dodged the area at which she had just stood, and landed softly on the ground below the bridge. "Timing a little off, Zoisite? You must be getting too old, even your wrinkles show!" The hero smirked as she laughed at her own joke, unaware that Zoisite had landed behind her. Sailor Moon landed with a loud as Zoisite struck her from the back with an energy blow. Sailor Moon, tried to get up. She had landed on her stomach. Zoisite developed another attack to hit Sailor Moon, but the girl rolled over to the side before anything hit her. She was on her back now, and propped up on her elbows. Zoisite stepped in front of her and laughed. "There's no use trying Sailor Brat. Just hand over the crystal, and I'll make sure your downfall is quick." "Never Nega-slime!" She began to pull herself up, Zoisite was amazed of the courage she had. When Sailor Moon had stood up on her feet, she began to activate the scepter. "Moon Scepter Elimina...AAAACCCCKKK!" She stopped as a shock penetrated her courage and hit her body. She screamed with all of her might. Pain after pain struck her and she felt as if she would die right there, yet, a little hope clung to her. And it was all that she had to keep her alive. Zoisite laughed. "You see Sailor Moon? Your finally getting a taste of all the suffering you put me through! You'll never leave here alive!" But Sailor Moon had another trick up her sleeve. "Moon Tiara Magic!" Using some energy of the little bit she had left, she tossed her Tiara at Zoisite. It hit it's target immediately. When Zoisite lifted his head again, the tiara hit with another direct force upon return to it's owner. The girl caught it, and replaced the tiara around her forehead. "I've had just about enough of this! ZOI!" A Javelin made if pure energy was tossed at Sailor Moon. She jumped in time for it to singe her uniform, and fell at Zoisite's feet. The blonde general reached down, and pulled Sailor Moon by her hair, then tossed her against the wall like throwing an unwanted toothpick. She again jumped beside Sailor Moon, and with one hand, held her against the wall by her neck, ready to strike within the next second. "Gotcha!" He raised his arms. "I've waited for this a long time!" Just when he was about to strike, a rose fell in-between her feet. He growled. "Let her go Zoisite!"
"I wouldn't dream of it. You see, now you have a choice of who will die, and how." He smirked and turned his face toward the bridge where Tuxedo Mask was standing as she continued. "You see, I could kill this girl now, and you can either die trying to save the scouts, or you can leave. But don't think that's the only choice. You see, whether or not you try to save the others, it really won't matter. The only way to release them alive is to touch a crystal case and give it your life. But once one box has been touched, the others will destruct, killing whatever is inside! And there is no way you can touch all four boxes at once!" He laughed wickedly. Darien jumped onto the rail. Serena called out to him. "Run Darien, save yourself!" Tuxedo Mask glared at her. "Maybe I should. You risked all of our lives outside with that little trick you pulled." 'He means me hitting him on the head! Oh, if I could only tell him it was because I loved him and didn't want him to get hurt!' Darien watched as Sailor Moon's face began to quiver in fear. He knew what she was thinking, and he understood. But there wasn't any time for that now. His eyes softened, but his face was like stone. "Whatever the reason, I'm still your protector. And I won't let you die."
"Please don't! You should never have even followed me! Leave now, before it's too late!" Zoisite still had his hands at Sailor Moon's neck, ready to strike her at any moment. He was getting tired of this. "Make your choice DARIEN. Serena, or the scouts? Either way, you won't live through this." Tuxedo Mask held his place on the rail of the bridge. He shifted his eyes back and forth. Then he made up his mind, and even through the white mask, Sailor Moon could still see his eyes, and when she looked into them with her fearful eyes, she knew what decision he had made. "Tuxedo Mask DON'T!" She screamed in terror, tears running down her face. Tuxedo Mask took one last look at the only woman he could ever love. Even if they hadn't said that they loved each other in a long time, or at all, he still knew that was how she felt. "Run Sailor Moon. Forget about me." Zoisite gasped in shock as he watched Darien, and dropped his guard on Sailor Moon. Sailor Moon jumped away from his and ran as fast as she could to the steps, but it was too late. Tuxedo Mask leapt from his spot, and stretched out his arms and legs preying that he could touch all four boxes. His last thought was of Serena. "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! DARIEN!" Serena screamed, trying to run to Tuxedo Mask in time. She was so close to the crystals. Zoisite lunged at her, but Sailor Moon moved to the side, and as Tuxedo Mask landed, his foot touched only one crystal case. Zoisite stood near the other three. An electrical shock buzzed around the cases, and a body was flung in Sailor Moon's direction. An explosion erupted from the center, Zoisite screamed and disappeared right as Sailor Moon dragged the body through the cave and out the end of the rock cliffs, where the cave opened to the dark and cloudy, sky. Then a flash came from inside, and the ground shook beneath the two people standing there. Zoisite's voice hung in the air. "I'll be waiting Sailor Moon, and next time I won't lose!" Sailor Moon looked at the person she had saved. Her eyes were full of tears. "Thank g_d your OK, Rae." She gushed, then stopped 'But the others, they were caught in the blast, including Tuxedo Mask.'
******************************************