Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Sailor Moon H(ope): All's Fair in Love and War ❯ Chapter 4

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
******************************************
Serena cried as she sat on her bed. She wasn't going to believe it. Darien wasn't dead. He couldn't be. "Serena," She put a hand on Serena's shoulder. "It's not your fault. He risked his life to save us." "I know, but I still can't shake this feeling that he's alive." She sobbed and turned around again. "I must sound crazy." Rae stood up. "I'm sorry Serena, but I'm not the best person to help you cheer up. But Tuxedo Mask is Darien, meaning that BOTH are dead. We saw him and the other scouts destroyed." She paused. Tears we're now filling up in her eyes. she turned her head and looked away. "He's gone forever." Serena's eyes watered up again. She bent over with her face in her hands and cried. Rae quietly edged to the door and slipped out. She could hear Serena still crying. But, Rae knew that only two sailors could not defend the world, nor could only one protect the Princess. And she knew then, that she would never see Serena again.
* * *
Late that night, Serena was in bed. She had cried herself to sleep. She had a vision. It was a cold and lonesome place that she was in. Greg, Chad, Ken, Grandpa, and Serena's parents were there with her brother. All were crying and dressed in black. Suddenly, Darien and the other girls appeared. all looking down, not facing their loved ones. Serena knew what was going on in an instant. But the only question was, what was Rae doing in the group with the rest of her dead friends?
* * *
Near the fire Rae sat writing something. She finished it, and attached it to her power stick and left it near her bed. But before putting it down, she quickly transformed. Afterwards she wrote another note. This one she put in Chad's room. She went back to the fire and sat down. She had to take one last look at Serena. Gazing into the fire Rae saw Serena. She was sleeping, but was extremely restless. Suddenly she sat up and looked around. "Rae....No." Rae gasped. "She knows!" She watched as Serena got out of bed and grabbed her crystal. Rae stopped the image and thought to herself. "She'scoming over to stop me. I have to do this now!" Slowly she stood up and her eyes began to become wet. "Good bye Serena. Take of yourself." She whispered.
* * *
Serena was now running down the street. "Rae hold on! I'm not losing you too! MOON CRYSTAL POWER!" She began to transform still trying to run. She hoped she wasn't too late.
* * *
Sailor Mars stood there. She began to focus her energy into the fire. "I call upon the powers of Mars! Jump into my heart and burn it! For the good of the Earth! I call upon you to STRIKE!" The fire lept up to a great hight and like a sphere lashed out towards Mars' chest, aimed for her heart. She began to scream as the fire lifted her off the floor. At this point Sailor Moon burst through he door screaming. "Rae!!!! NO!!" But she was too late. The fire sank back, and Mars fell to the floor. Sailor Moon knelt down to her. She picked her up and hugged her, crying softly. She looked at her good friend and remembered all the times they had shared together. When she looked at her forehead, the Mars sign appeared, flashed a few times, as if trying to gain strength, and as quickly as it had appeared, it vanished without a trace. A light began to glow from Sailor Mars' body. It blinded Sailor Moon for a few minutes, but when it died, Rae had changed back to her robes, with no life attached to her. Sailor Moon gently lay her friend down, and wandered into Rae's room to take a last look around. Something on Rae's desk caught her eye. she picked up the power stick and untied the note around it. It was marked with tear stains:
Dearest Serena,
I know that you and I have fought over many things, but in my heart
always believed that you were a wonderful person. Being a Sailor
Scout and your protector has brought me great joy. I could never
imagine what it would be like to have lived without meeting you and
the others. Yes, that is where I am as you read this letter, with the
others. Please don't think of my sacrifice as a crime. I did it out of
love for the people that I hold near my heart, You, Ami, Lita, Mina Artemis.
Luna, and Darien. Stay well, and good luck as you fight the Negeverse. I
will always be with you. Take care Meatball Head.
Love Rae/Sailor Mars.
PS Do not grow up to be a crying, stubborn klutz as usual. I pray that someday you
will lose those characteristics.
Serena gave a faint smile. Even on the brink of death, with as much courage as she had, Rae still found a way to give Serena a hint of advice as well with humor. Carefully, she tucked the note and power stick in her pocket. She knew what she had to do now. Turning around, Sailor Moon began to walk to the deserted shop down the street, where it held the portal to the section of the Negaverse where she and Zoisite would meet. And as she walked, she felt the eyes of Zoisite watching as he waited for Sailor Moon to appear. She was ready.
******************************************