Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Sailor Moon H(ope): All's Fair in Love and War ❯ Chapter 5

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
******************************************
The portal entered directly into a cold, barren cave. This one was different than the last one. The walls were grey and white with hints of purple. It was all too familiar to Sailor Moon. A puff of smoke erupted from the ground about ten feet away from Sailor Moon. Zoisite appeared with one hand on his chin and the other supporting it by the elbow. He smirked as she saw Sailor Moon's face turn stone cold. "Hope you don't mind, but I got a little home sick." He stuck out his arm. "Now, give me the crystal and I might let you leave in one piece."
"Never." Sailor Moon spat at Zoisite. Her voice was as bitter as a snake's venom. "Well then, I guess I'll just have to kill you." A shining silver sword materialized in Zoisite's hand. "En Garde!" He spoke pleasantly as he began to charge for Sailor Moon, Zoisite swiped the sword, but was too late. Sailor Moon jumped up and hopped off of Zoisite's head, then landed on the ground behind her, ready to attack. Zoisite's face was buried in the dirt from losing his balance with Sailor Moon's 'Jump' move. "C'mon, Zoisite! Get up! I'm not done with you!" Sailor Moon coaxed. Zoisite stood up and faced Sailor Moon. "Correction. I'm not done with you! Zoi!" A giant wind began to build up in the tunnel. It pushed and pulled at Sailor Moon. Finally, She lost her balance. Screaming, she flew back and hit the ground hard. Her sceptre was still in her hand. She brought it up to fire at Zoisite, but Zoisite was already ahead of Sailor Moon, and kicked it out of her hands. It flew across the room and crashed against the wall in two separate pieces. "NOOO!" Sailor Moon coughed in disbelief. Zoisite chuckled evilly. "Now, GIVE ME THE CRYSTAL!" She stuck out her hand. Sailor Moon clutched her locket. "NOT IN A MILLION YEARS!" "Try a thousand." Zoisite joked, referring to the Moon Kingdom he had help destroy. "Goodbye forever!" Zoisite's hands flew above his head. A large shard appeared in his hands. He hurled it at Sailor Moon. Sailor Moon screamed as it soared in her direction. But it missed. All that was caught underneath the sharp tip was part of her skirt. Zoisite stepped closer and kneeled down in front, sticking his face only inches away from Sailor Moon's face. Sailor Moon couldn't move, her skirt was still caught beneath the shard. Zoisite leaned closer, his hot breath blowing onto Sailor Moon's face. He reached for the crystal, but Sailor Moon leaned forward and bit Zoisite's nose, refusing to let go. He screamed in pain. His arms flailed around wildly, trying to break free, but one hand hit the crystal, slapping it away from it's normal area, and it sailed across the room. As Sailor Moon let go from shock, she began to De-transform. Now Serena, she had on the same white blouse and short blue and green skirt she had thrown on before running to save Rae. Her long white socks and red sandals appeared at her feet. Zoisite watched, astonished. Neither of them moved. Then a glint of light caught both their eyes. They looked over to see the Imperium Silver Crystal floating in mid air, waiting for someone to claim it. 'The crystal' they said in unison. Zoisite began to walk up to it, her eyes feverish. Serena began to try tearing her skirt, she had to get there before Zoisite. But she was too late, Zoisite stood beside the crystal. He held out his hands and enveloped the crystal inside them. Serena sat paralyzed as she watched the last bit of light be closed of by Zoisite's hands. Zoisite had the crystal. He opened his hands again to stare at it. "Finally! The power of the Crystal is MINE!" He held the crystal in front of him as it gleamed brightly. His eyes stared at it hungrily, flashing with pride. Serena tugged at her skirt that was still pinned to the ground by the Javelin. It ripped at last and Serena fought her way to stand up and attack Zoisite. But her legs wouldn't move. She looked down to see blood seeping out of the wound the javelin had made in her thigh! Zoisite hadn't missed at all. Serena grabbed the giant crystal and pulled with all her might. G_d it hurt! she could barely lift it. It began to slip from her grasp, but Serena caught it and pulled harder. The shard began making it's way out of Serena's leg. Her eyes were full of tears from the pain, she thought she would die right there...but she didn't. Serena threw the giant thing aside once it was out of her leg. But she still couldn't move. Her leg had to be broken. Zoisite had ignored Serena, but now he looked over at her. "Watch as all your fears come true 'Sailor Moon'!" He held it up above his head. "Silver Crystal! Hear me and fulfill my bidding, you are now ruled by the Negaverse!" The crystal glowed brightly, and slowly began to dim. Serena watched in horror as it's color turned from a clear crystal, to a warm gray metal. Zoisite laughed as the power of the crystal engulfed him. Through the smoke, a pair of red eyes glowed evilly. The smoke subsided, leaving a tall dark figure with wild yellow hair and a shadowed face. It was dressed in a long black shroud, with spikes at the shoulders, and silver lining the torso, the crystal sat in the middle of her chest. It seemed like a spiders dress. One Serena wished she could burn, yet she was glued to her spot in fear as the figure laughed evilly. The voice echoed through her ears as it spoke. "Welcome to your doom, Sailor Moon!" Serena whimpered in fear. What was she going to do now? She still couldn't stand, although she tried, her eyes watching the figure as it monitored every move she made and gave out a booming laugh. "You are no match for me. You shall die painfully." Serena's voice quivered. "Zoisite! You will never live to see the daylight again. I swear it."
"Oh really? Why Serena, don't you know who I am?" The figure stepped closer, and light shone on it's face. Serena gasped in shock as she looked into the eyes of the monster-The eyes of herself! For a moment she was caught staring at what seemed her mirror's colmplextion turned evil. Deep in the eyes was nothing but fire inside a dark abyss. Serena screamed and pulled out of the trance. The girl laughed wickedly and Serena could bear it no longer. She lunged at the figure, but fell on the other side as the monster disappeared and re-materialized behind her. Serena's eyes burned with anger as she turned to it. But the head on top of the snake's body was no longer her own, but of Lita. "It can't be..." Serena lost her voice as she stared at her dead friend. No, not dead, she was very much alive! Lita kept laughing. "What's wrong? Didn't you miss me?" She laughed harder and closed her eyes. Serena sat there, with tears running down her face. "No, Lita." She shut her eyes tightly. "This isn't REAL!" She ran after the figure who still laughed and jumped up, kicking her square in the nose and landed on her feet. What had she just done? Running over to her friend, she tried to see if Lita was OK, But a hand wiped out at her, and Serena fell to the floor on her side. "Why Sailor Moon, you're so easy to fool! Now I can be rid of you! Say 'hello' to your friends as you join them! ZOI!" Serena screamed in pain as the attack hit her, but she began to stand. And as she did, her hand held a mound of dust. 'The crystal' Serena thought. 'I need to get the crystal. That's where all his power is coming from' Zoisite stopped, confused by the girl's strength. "ARGH! You can't escape me!" Serena looked at Zoisite bitterly. "I don't plan to Zoisite. I plan to make you suffer!" She jumped as high as she could, and came down a foot away from Zoisite, throwing the dirt right into his eyes. Zoisite yelled in pain and rubbed his eyes. Serena took the chance and knocked her down on her back, pinning her to the ground. She sat with her face directly above the crystal. Reaching down for it, she heard a familiar voice. "Don't do it Serena." Serena looked up and stared face to face with Darien. She gasped as she looked at him. "Darien?" She began to cry. "You're all right?" Darien smiled at her. "Shhhh, I'm here. It's Ok, everything's going to be fine." His smile remained painted on his face. Serena smiled too, and looked at him, but then she looked at his eyes. They held the same fire and blackness she had seen moments ago in Lita's. "NO! You're not Darien!" Darien's face twisted into an evil grin, and the voice that came out shook Serena's whole body. "I am power! I am destruction! I am the end of this world!" Serena shook her head with tears running down her cheeks. "No," she argued. "You're DUST!" And with that she grabbed the crystal with her right arm and flung it across the room. The monster screamed, and the face turned to Zoisite's, then the body released a black light that threw Serena off of it and against the wall, where she was knocked unconscious. Black smoke curled around the body as it screamed, and when the dust cleared, it was gone, with Zoisite's dead body lying in a heap of dirt.
* * *
Serena awoke with a start. She looked around the room, and took in all the sites that it held for her to see. Zoisite was dead. She remembered her friends and family. She remembered Darien. The world seemed dead to her. It held nothing for her. She stepped up to the crystal. It was black and cold now. It no longer held strength; It no longer gave her comfort. She began to think. What could she do now? Then she remembered what Luna had said to her when Serena first gained hold of the crystal:
*Flashback*
"Serena, this crystal can be as helpful as it can be dangerous. It must never fall into the wrong hands." Luna warned. "Huh? What do you mean, Luna?" Serena was just a teenager. Her cry-baby like ways, and klutzyness still hung with her bright personality. "If some thing ever happens to it or to you, and the crystal must be destroyed, you must hold the crystal to the sky and say 'Moon Crystal Destruction!' Do you understand?"
"Yes, I understand."
"And you must promise me that this knowledge will only be used under extreme danger and emergencies?" Serena nodded her head.
*End Flashback*
Now, Serena looked around her. She could think of nothing that would be more urgent. Slowly, she lifted the crystal. "Moon Crystal Destruction!" A beam of light shot out of the crystal and cut through the air. It raised above the clouds and through space. Upon hitting the atmosphere, it split into seven different beams. One went to the planet Venus, one to Mars, one to Mercury, one to Jupiter, two to the Earth's Moon, and the last fell down to Earth and landed behind Sailor Moon. Slowly, she began to transform into the Moon Princess. Suddenly, each ray of light turned to the colors of their respective planets. The colors simultaneously started at the tips, and began spreading downwards. Serena was struggling, her energy was slowly decreasing. The colors mixed at the stem and traveled toward the crystal. They hit their target all at once. Serena screamed. Everything around her exploded, including the crystal. Everything went silent.
*******************************************
Sighs were heard. Weakly, the scouts and the cats lifted themselves off the ground. "What happened?" Jupiter looked at her surroundings. "Where are we?" Venus asked, following Jupiter's motions. Luna gasped as she looked above her. "Serena! Darien!" Everyone followed her gaze and let out gasps. Floating above them were the two lovers, each in there form: Prince and Princess.
********************************************
Serena woke up, some one was holding her. She drew in a sharp breath. "DARIEN!" She screamed, wrapping her arms around him, she buried her face in his chest. "Oh, Darien! I'm so sorry about before! I love you too much to ever let you go!" He smiled at her. She looked around. "Where are we? Are we dead?" Darien chuckled softly. "No, we are in your mind. We have been here all the time." "Huh? My mind? What do you mean?" Serena's expression made her face crunch together in confusion. "Zoisite's powers at the point of the encasements were strong, but not strong enough that we could die. The girls and I have never been dead, we have lived here," He pointed to her head, and then touched her heart. "And here. We would never leave you. And, When you used the crystal, it destroyed the evil, and replenished the good, freeing us. I chose to stay here with you, and make sure you are ok. The amount of energy you used cold have killed you." He explained. "I feel so different." Serena exclaimed, trying to take all the activities in. Darien smiled and helped her stand. She wobbled a little, and then gained balance. "Are you ready to fulfill your destiny?" She looked at him confused until Darien pulled his hand out of his pocket. When he opened it, a treasure gleamed from his palm. Tears of joy sprang from Serena's eyes, as she accepted the gift that would structure the rest of her life. A soft light emanated around the two. They were ready to face the responsibilities that came with it.
******************************************
"Are they.....Are they...." Sailor mercury staggered. "...Dead?"
"I think so." Sailor mars lowered her head. The scouts began to weep quietly. Just then a flash of white light exploded from between the two bodies. The Silver Imperium Crystal appeared, and enveloped them in a silver haze. Then when it decreased, the witnesses stood shocked as they saw Serena and Darien had become King and Queen. Graciously, Neo-Queen Serenity and Neo-King Darien lowered to the ground, and stood circled by their friends. Slowly, they opened their eyes. Serena had a diamond ring with a gold crescent moon on her ring finger. They held each others hands. "They're going to take their place in life and finish what was started all those millions of years ago." Luna spoke, as her eyes twinkled, watching the two. The scouts looked at Luna, curiously. Then they understood. They bowed, but Serenity and Darien laughed softly, showing that there was no need to do so. Mars was the first one to approach the couple. Tears filled her eyes. The lovers questioned her expression at first. Her voice was shakey. "When is the date set for?"
******************************************