Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Sailor Moon Origins ❯ Nega Realm Falls to the Apocalypse ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Sailor Moon or any of its characters. I only own my made-up characters.

Chapter 2: Nega Realm Falls to the Apocalypse

Queen Azura sat in her room. She was worried. For weeks now she felt like a dark evil was moving in upon her kingdom. She stood up and paced back and forth, her dark purple dress shifting with each movement. She had several visions lately and they didn't make it any better. The visions only showed the peril her kingdom would soon be in and visions of a dark cruel woman taking over after Azura. She walks out of her room. She felt the need to seek guidance from her royal chancellor. She finds him in the kingdom's vast library reading through some important documents.

"Chancellor Richio." Azura calls out.

The chancellor looks up and smiles.

"What can I help you with, your Highness?" asks the old chancellor as he runs a hand through his white bread.

"I need your guidance. I fear something evil will tear this kingdom apart soon," says Azura as she sits across from Chancellor Richio.

"So I am not the only one with the feeling then. I too can sense it, my dear. I fear the worst for this kingdom. You are still young and have not mastered the crystal yet," says Richio as he clasps his hands together.

A messenger enters the room and tells Queen Azura that there is a woman requesting her presence. Azura excuses herself from the chancellor to meet this stranger. She walks into the throne room and notices the older woman with snow-white hair. The woman bows before the Queen.

"Your highness. My name is Sailor Celestial," says the strangely clad woman. "I am from the planet Diamist. I have come to provide you with a gift that should be used against the coming terror."

"A gift? Coming terror?" asks Azura, slightly surprised that a woman from Diamist would know of this evil that is approaching.

Sailor Celestial's outfit is unique. She wears a knee-length sliver skirt and silver ankle boots. Her sleeveless top is golden in color. She has black bands on each wrist. On her forehead is a gold headband, in the center is a black jewel. Her snow-white hair stops just above her waist and it shimmers ever so slightly in the light.

"I am from the planet where hope is born. Diamist is often called the planet of New Hope. I come to you now with hope for your kingdom. If you will accept..." says Celestial as she stops without finishing her sentence.

Azura closes her eyes, lost in deep thought. This woman spoke of hope for the Nega Realm. Was she the enemy or was she who she said she was? Was she the messenger of Hope that Azura's visions had shown?

"What is this gift you bring?" asks Azura as she sits down on her throne.

"I want to bless you with the powers of a Sailor Senshi." says Celestial.

"Sailor Senshi? What is so special about a Sailor Senshi?" asks Azura slightly annoyed with this gift.

"You will have the power to protect your people. It will also help you gain control over your crystal sooner than regular training would."

"Prove it to me then." says Azura as she stands up.

"Then you must accept the gift first," says Celestial as she makes a long silver staff, topped with a crystal shimmering in all the colors of the rainbow, appear in her hands.

"I accept if it will save this kingdom."

"Magic Gift! Accept!" shouts Celestial as she raises her staff into the air.

The room is shrouded in darkness. Silver ribbons flow around Azura, gifting her with powers. The room lightens slightly as Azura's dress is replaced. Black and white ribbons flow around Azura's body. The black ribbons form a knee-length black dress. The white ribbons wrap around her wrists to form shimmering white armlets. Ribbons of white wrap around her feet to form boots. One boot goes to the knee however to other only goes to the ankle. Silver ribbons flow around her upper body to form armor that covers her chest and right shoulder. A sparkle of light goes to her forehead to form a glistening black headband, in the center a colorless jewel. Azura blinks and examines her new outfit as the room returns to normal.

"From now on you'll not only be Queen Azura. You are also Sailor Nega Moon." says Celestial as he staff disappears and is replaced with a black handled sword.

Celestial walks over to Sailor Nega Moon and presents her with the sword. Nega Moon takes the sword and examines the blade.

"What's this for?" asks Azura curiously.

"It is your weapon and transformation device," explains Celestial. "Use the phrase Nega Force Transformation to change into Sailor Nega Moon. If you'll excuse me, I must be off. I have other things I must do. Beware of the one called the Apocalypse. You have three weeks to get ready. Prepare and army and learn how to fight with that sword."

Celestial disappears in a flash of light. Azura's outfit changes back to her dark purple dress. She holds the sword in front of her. She had never used a sword before.

"Guess I'll need to find someone to teach me how to fight with a sword." mutters Azura as she rolls her eyes.

For two weeks, Azura trains under the kingdom's best knight. However her chancellor disapproves of this action. Azura had not told him about being a scout. The chancellor only knew that Azura wanted to learn how to fight with a sword. The knight was a tall muscular man with deep red hair and bright green eyes, standing about 6 feet tall and dressed in the typical knight's uniform with the kingdom's royal symbol, of a black upside down crescent moon with a star underneath, upon the sword handle. His name was Serge. He was a man of honor and brutal war tactics. During Azura's training he seemed to have developed a slight crush on his Queen, however he refused to admit it since he was only a knight and she was the Queen. During her free time she works on getting together an army, giving herself very little time to rest.

"That's enough for today," says Serge as he puts his sword back into its sheath.

"I'm not ready to quit yet," says Azura, breathing hard as she raises her sword again.

"You're exhausted. I can tell. You're attacks are growing weaker and getting sloppier. Take a break, my queen. If you keep pushing yourself like this, you won't be in any shape to protect your kingdom." says Serge as he leans against the wall.

"I must be ready. I only have a weak left till its time. I must work as hard as I can." says Azura as she falls to her knees and lays the sword upon the ground. "I can't lose. I promised the king I would protect his kingdom."

Azura pounds her fist on the ground as tears slide down her fair cheeks. Serge looks away for it pains him to see his queen cry and not be able to comfort her. Azura wipes her eyes and stands up. She picks up her sword and sheaths it in the black leather sheath that she had her sword smith make for it. She turns for the door.

"Thank you for caring about my health. I'm going to get some rest," says Azura as she turns her head to look at Serge. "You may act like a cruel person to the knights but I believe that you have a very caring soul."

Serge watches as Azura walks off to her room. Once she is no longer in sight, he pushes away from the wall and walks off to his own room. Once inside he sets his sword down on his bed and walks over to his dresser mirror. He looks in the mirror for a while, lost deep in thought.

The final week passes quickly. The fateful date has arrived at last. Azura stands looking out her window at the darkening sky. She knew what was coming. It wasn't hard to sense all the negative energy within the air. She walks over to a small table where her sword rests. She gently picks it up and takes it out of its sheath.

"Today is the day. Whatever happens today decides the fate of the Nega Realm," says Azura as she holds the sword before herself.

A loud knock comes from the door followed by shouting.

"My Queen! The enemy is approaching fast," shouts Chancellor Richio.

"I'm coming. Tell the troops to be ready to move out. An have Nightmare ready."

Azura closes her eyes for a brief moment. When she opens them she holds the sword in the air. She uses the phrase Celestial had told her to use. In Azura's place now stands Sailor Nega Moon. She walks gracefully out of her room towards the courtyard where her troops are waiting. He black stallion, Nightmare, is waiting patiently. Beside her horse is Serge, upon his own horse. His horse is a black mare with a gray mane and gray tail. Chancellor Richio gasps at Azura.

"My Queen, what is this?" Richio asks about the outfit Azura is wearing.

"On the battlefield I am not Queen Azura, but instead I am Sailor Nega Moon. I am the solider sworn to protect this planet from evil hands. I am a Sailor Senshi," says Nega Moon as she sits upon Nightmare's back.

Once she is upon the horse, its armor also changes. It now is wearing silver armor upon its head and shins. It also now bears the mark of the kingdom upon its forehead. Nega Moon draws her sword and holds it in the air as she sits in front of her army.

"We go to battle. If our kingdom is to maintain its peace then we mustn't fail. Do your best. We go forth now!" says Nega Moon as she gives Nightmare the okay to take off at a sprint.

Behind Nega Moon ride the proud troops of the Nega Realm. Beside her rides Serge upon his horse, Shadow. On the horizon awaits the troops of darkness. In the center stands the one called the Apocalypse. The Apocalypse is a very tall dark figure, his feature hard to pick out except for the fact that he is very muscular and appears to be about 7 feet in height. His shadow warriors, men dressed all in black, surge forward when he raises his sword to the air. The troops of the Nega Realm engage in battle with the shadow warriors. Nega Moon glares at the coming troops. She urges Nightmare into a gallop, falling shadow warriors with her sword as she charges forward. Serge follows after her to watch over her. Nega Moon stands upon Nightmare's back as he gallops. She leaps off of the horse into the air towards Apocalypse. Apocalypse grins, his teeth showing in his wicked grin. He raises his huge long sword to block Sailor Nega Moon's sword. Nega Moon lands a few feet away from Apocalypse. Serge dismounts to stand beside her.

"Energy Imbalance!" shouts Nega Moon as a black blast emits from sword and flies at Apocalypse.

"Foolish girl. You can't win against me. I am invincible!" growls Apocalypse in a deep voice as he blocks the blast easily. "Dark Horizon!"

A large wave of dark energy ripples away from Apocalypse's hands and heads straight for Sailor Nega Moon. Nega Moon quickly pulls out the Black Crystal.

"I may not know how to use its full power but please let it save my people," whispers Nega Moon as she holds the crystal into the air. "Black Crystal Cosmic Energy!"

Light shines forth from the crystal towards the wave of dark energy. However the crystal is not powerful enough to hold it back. The wave ripples through out the entire kingdom, killing anything in its path. The wave passes through Nega Moon; her eyes go wide with surprise. She falls limply to the ground. Serge falls to the ground after one of the shadow warrior's stab him when he is rushing towards his queen. The wave passes over him, missing him. He stares sadly at the eyes of his fallen queen. Sailor Nega Moon detransforms back into Queen Azura. Azura's eyes blinks once and then take on a glazed look. Serge squeezes his eyes shut as he sees the small puddle of crimson blood forming underneath Azura's frail body. He had lost his queen.

Apocalypse laughs evilly at the sight of the ruined kingdom. A white light flashes through the sky, causing all the shadow warriors to screech in pain for they couldn't stand white light. Ten angel-winged warriors appear in the sky. They appear to be keeping the light shinning, causing the shadow warriors to run in fear. Apocalypse growls and calls a retreat, for they had already destroyed the kingdom. One of the winged warriors lands beside Serge. The warrior checks for a pulse.

"We've got a survivor over here, my Lady." says the male.

Serge's vision had become blurred and he couldn't tell what these warriors looked like. He could only make out the white angel wings. Suddenly another winged person landed on Serge's other side. He felt a hand upon his forehead. He could tell it was a woman for the warrior's skin was soft to the touch.

"We'll take him back to Crystania. We can treat him there," says the female warrior just before Serge drifts off into unconsciousness.

The blonde haired female, the one who was beside Serge, then stood up. She walks over to the dead queen. She kneels beside Azura's lifeless body and weeps. A male winged warrior walks over to the blonde woman.

"Queen Angela, we must go. There aren't many survivors," says the warrior as he lays a hand on the blonde haired woman's shoulder as she weeps.

"We shall have a proper burial for Azura. She was royalty but most of all she was my friend. I refuse to leave her body here like this. It's only right to give her a beautiful funeral. She deserves it. She protected her kingdom till the bitter end," says Angela as she stands up with Azura in her arms, her white dress stained with crimson blood.

The warriors collect the survivors and head off back to Crystania.