Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Sailor Moon Origins ❯ Rise to Importance ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Sailor Moon or any of its characters. I only own my made-up characters.

Chapter 1: The Rise to Importance

Maria stares at the golden crystal present forth to her. She was to step up and take the position as Queen. Her mother had died the earlier week due to a rare disease. Her father had died when she was very young so now Maria had to step up and take the responsibilities. The chancellor held forth a black pillow where the Golden Crystal was resting. Some said that this crystal was what made dreams come true and kept the Golden Millennium peaceful. Maria bows to the chancellor and accepts the crystal. Her gloved hands enclose around the shimmery crystal as she reaches to pick it up. She turns around and holds it in the air for all her people to see that a new Queen had risen to be their leader. The people of the Star Kingdom rejoice as their new Queen holds the crystal high. The chancellor then presents to Queen Maria the scepter of royalty, the symbol of the Queen or King that is to rule with a wise and caring mind. Maria understood all the responsibilities that came with this great power presented to her this day. She accepted everything that would come her way. Her lover stood not far off with a smile upon his face to see his beloved was stepping up to the challenge before her. His name was Sir Aragorn. He was a tall man, a tad thin but very strong, with dark hair and brown eyes. He stood proudly in his royal armor as he watched Princess Maria become Queen Maria. This was a proud site indeed. The people were sure that Maria would be a Queen that would always be remembered even thousands of years after she dies.

Meanwhile on the Moon Kingdom another young woman was accepting her fate as well. She had been married the week before and was now stepping up to become Queen. Her husband was there beside her since he was to become King and rule with Serenity. Richard was a tall muscular man with sandy colored hair and blue eyes. He looked like he would be a very worthy King to rule beside Queen Serenity. Queen Serenity's mother stepped forward. In her mother's hand the Silver Crystal shinned brilliantly. She offered it to her daughter since the Crystal was always passed down to the child, Serenity being an only child had to accept. She took the crystal from her mother and placed it upon the Moon Wand. She held it in the air for all to see the passing of the crystal from mother to daughter had been completed. Serenity's mother hugged her daughter proudly. The exchange was complete. The Moon Kingdom had a new Queen that would always be talked about as being the best Queen the Moon Kingdom would ever have.

On Crystania Angela also accepted her rise up to a more important position. She didn't really want to accept but she knew she must. She currently had no lover but was still to be Queen anyways. She stepped up; her wings neatly folded on her back, and accepted the White Crystal. It was a token of power in the White Race. The crystal was placed in the center of the tiara. Angela kneeled before her father, the last ruler of the White Race, as he placed the tiara upon his daughter's head. She then rose again and smiled happily as she hugged her father in a loving embrace.

Zenos was holding a ceremony for their new Queen. Like Angela, Zeldagladis had no lover or husband as of yet but she still had to accept her fate proudly. Zeldagladis sat proudly at the head of the table holding her new scepter that symbolized her new status of Queen. Upon the scepter was the most important jewel to their kingdom, the Rose Crystal. The more important Hyrulians sat near the Queen's table as they enjoyed the lovely feast prepared for this special time. Beside Zeldagladis sat her proud parents. They were glad to see their lovely daughter become a Queen like she had always wanted to be.

Planet Zero had no special party or ceremony for their new queen. This wasn't as important to the people. They were worried too much about their own lives. As long as there was a strong ruler to guide them then they were happy. Coseta cared not that she had no lover and ruled alone. She was presented with the Sky Crystal.

The King of the Nega Realm had no children or wife that still lived yet he had one that he loved as if she were his own. The King lay in his deathbed as he summoned his favorite little Maiden, Azura. She walked in and curtsied for her King. He brought her close to her bed to present her with the Black Crystal. He whispered to her that she would take over ruling the kingdom since their was no one left that he trusted to rule with a strong hand and a wise mind. Tears ran down Azura's fair cheeks as the King whispered his final words before passing on into the afterlife. This was a sad day for the Nega Realm and yet it was also a day that would always be remembered when a Maiden stepped forth to rule and bring the Nega Realm to a new age.

Meanwhile in the darkest corner of the universe, lying in the shadows was a realm of hatred ruled by a man with a black cruel heart and an iron fist. He sat at his throne, drumming his fingers on the arm of the chair. He summoned in his Master Guard and told him to prepare for War. He knew now was the time to strike before the new Queens had time to master the powers of their crystals. He figured they would be defenseless and fall easily. There had not been any wars in centuries yet this man was preparing for this moment for hundreds of years, the moment when the Golden Millennium would fall and a new age of darkness would rise.

On a small planet called Diamist, the sister planet to Crystalonia, a woman with snow white hair and pale silver eyes look up to the sky in worry. She knew this moment would come when darkness would rally its forces for evil. It wouldn't be long now till the Golden Millennium would come to a screeching halt. However this woman was not about ready to let an age of darkness come after the Golden Millennium. She would see to that herself.

"Soon...Soon the time shall come for the new Queens to show us what they are really made of. This war shall be devastating with many losses but not all hope shall be lost for a new Millennium of peace shall be born once the war is over," says the woman softly to no one.