Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Sailor Moon: Redeux ❯ Enter Jadeite ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
ONE: THE AWAKENING


“Today’s top story, the biggest news to hit Tokyo in several years, is the grand opening of Tennou Tower, the new home of Tennou Investors Inc.” The reporter’s voice droned on in the background. The man listening to the television’s report, smirked at himself smugly in the bathroom mirror. He’d just finished showering and was now dressing himself in a three piece suit. The jet black slacks and double breasted jacket were as if they were composed of the same black marble blocks that made up the tower in which he was living. “Standing at more than two hundred and fifty stories high, Tennou Tower is the first sky scraper to have been built inside Tokyo’s city limits in more than ten years, and allegedly hosts computer systems, networking, and security systems all of which are state of the art. Initial figures reports coming from Keith Tennou, the eldest of the four brothers, state that the tower has cost them more than two hundred million dollars to construct.” He lifted the collar of his shirt gingerly and expertly tied the goldenrod colored necktie in a double Winchester before flattening the white collar back down into position. The last step was to pull his long, silky, white hair back into low, tight pony tail. About that time a knock sounded off on his door.
“Enter.” His smooth, yet intimidating voice barked out loud enough for whoever was on the other side of the door to hear him. Another man stepped into the room, dressed in a similar suit, the only difference being that his necktie was emerald green. This man’s hair was as a long, wavy, stream of chocolate were melting down his back. His blue eyes twinkling in the dim light, and the smirk on his face denoted his frequently amused attitude.
“Beryl has ordered a last minute meeting before the ceremony, apparently Jadeite is finally ready to announce his plans.” The man said, his smirk continuing.
“Hmph.” The first man cut a short piece of a chuckle and turned to the second. “Very well, Nephryte, inform her highness that I will be there shortly.”
“As you command, Kunzite.” Nephryte bowed slightly, then righted himself and turned around walking back out of the room and closing the door behind him, leaving Kunzite to finish his preparations.

---------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------

“My Shitennou.” Beryl’s voice rang across the massive and empty room that was the tower’s very top floor. “I have been quite pleased with your performance up to this point, our plans to revive Metallia have gone incredibly smoothly.” Her perfectly smooth skinned face crinkled slightly at the corners of her mouth as she smiled warmly at the four men who now stood in front of her. Her dress was the same as it had been on the night she assailed the Moon Kingdom, yet it appeared as though it were brand new. In addition to Kunzite and Nephryte, Jadeite and Zoicite now stood in front of her as well. Both of them wore jet black double breasted suits as well, the only differences again in the neck ties: Red and Blue. “It seems, today, that young Jadeite is finally ready to announce his plan of action.”
“Yes, Queen Beryl.” Jadeite stepped forward and lifted his right fist, placing against his chest over his heart in a salute. “Utilizing all ten of the youma that you have so graciously assigned to me, I have already possessed ten of the pathetic human beings, strategically placed in various facets of Tokyo’s corporate community. I’ve studied these people and determined the highest methods in which they spend their energy to be shopping, praying, dreaming, and going on various trips for recreational purposes. Then there’s petty emotions as well, love and excitement both seem to exert the maximum amount of energy, I have strategically placed my youma in most effective positions to take complete advantage of these living batteries, and I anticipate results as soon as one week from today.”
“Is that so?” Beryl asked, her grin growing even wider. “Very presumptuous to act on this plan without first getting my approval, Jadeite.”
“I am supremely confident that expediting this plan will produce the finest energy offering Metallia will have received in her existence.” Jadeite responded, bowing.
“Indeed.” Beryl‘s smirk widened a bit. “Well then, is there anything else?”
“The mayor is waiting downstairs for the ceremony to begin, Queen Beryl.” Zoicite chimed in. “It is my humble suggestion that we cut this meeting short so as not to draw any more undesirable attention to ourselves.” He glared at Kunzite.
“I couldn’t agree more, Zoicite, tell me again, Kunzite, why we’re exposing ourselves to the general public?” She asked.
“Beryl…” Kunzite chuckled.
“QUEEN Beryl.” she corrected him, her eyes widening in rage.
“Queen… Beryl…” Kunzite corrected himself, smirking at the angered red head. “By building this tower, not only have I secured Metallia an extremely efficient backup battery of energy, utilizing the three hundred employees and draining their energy little by little each day, I have also guaranteed that our internal workings will be shielded from full view of the public…”
“The population of this planet seems to be very nosy, Public figures, such as these Tennou brothers that we’ve now made ourselves out to be, do not get any privacy. It won’t be long before people begin asking what’s on the top fifty floors of this tower, Kunzite, what do we tell them then?” Zoicite asked.
“We tell them nothing, instead, we show them personally.” The white haired Shitennou smirked at Zoicite and cocked his head a little bit. “No plan of action we can manifest will go without risk, but by hiding ourselves in plain sight, we will mask our true intentions with whatever scandals the media would like to pin on us. Consider it a sleight-of-hand maneuver…”
“Sleight-of-hand? Explain yourself, Kunzite.” Beryl furrowed her brow, trying to understand his reasoning. Kunzite smiled and began watching his right hand, fluttering its fingers in elegant circles in the air, drawing everyone’s attention to it as his other hand slowly moved behind his back.
“Sleight-of-hand… you let your right hand get caught doing something… HYAH!!!!” He flung his katana blade from behind his back, the blade embedding itself into the ground just a few inches from Beryl’s feet, the handle wobbling back and forth in the air from the momentum of the impact. Beryl had jumped backwards, her hands now arcing energy from them as Kunzite smiled at her with contempt in his eyes. “…so that no one sees what your left hand is doing.”
“If that had hit me…” Beryl growled at him breathlessly.
“…it would have been because I’d intended it to. And now, QUEEN Beryl,” Kunzite bowed submissively, his voice enunciating the word ‘queen’. “We have a public appearance to make. Jason, Nathaniel, Zane, let’s go.” He said, turning and walking out of the room. The other three Shitennou looked back and forth at each other for a moment before saluting Beryl, then turning and running to catch up with Kunzite’s brisk walk. They exited the room and started down in the elevator.
“Kunzite, why do you despise her so much? She has been more than…”
“That’s not your business, now is it, Jadeite?” Kunzite cut him off with a glare. “And what did we say? No talk about it outside of our personal chambers and the throne room.”
“But…”
“I said SILENCE!!!!” Kunzite’s arm shot out to grab his collar, but found itself hitting Nephryte’s chest instead. “You have something to say?” he growled at Nephryte.
“Jadeite has to speak publicly in less than five minutes, it might raise a few eyebrows if he goes out there with a black eye, don’t you think?” Nephryte asked. Kunzite growled, but turned to face elevator door silently, as Nephryte turned to Jadeite who did likewise. Nephryte’s hand shot upwards sharply smacking Jadeite in the back of the head roughly.
“OW!!!” Jadeite cried out, reaching back over his shoulders. “What was THAT for?!?!?”
“Stop instigating.” Nephryte answered simply. “Now, we’re going to smile, we’re going to make believe that we’re just as powerless and pathetic as these flea bags we’re going to cater to, and then, once the work day is over, we’ll go back to our planet conquering, sound good?” Nephryte asked.
“Whatever.” Kunzite growled as the doors to the elevator open and he stepped out, moving towards the front door. Nephryte followed, only a step behind, Zoicite came next, and Jadeite, thinking it best to keep some distance between himself and Kunzite for a while, tagged along behind.
Finally, an explosion of camera flashes and inaudible questions being shouted went off as Keith, Nathaniel, Zane, and Jason Tennou stepped out of the building and lined up, each of them taking a wireless microphone from the podium off to one side and then sitting down in their respective chairs, all of them except for Jason, who stood behind the podium.
“Please, hold all questions until the ceremony has ended.” He said, holding a hand up and motioning for silence. “I’d like to welcome all of you here, to the realization of our life long dream, Tennou Tower!” He motioned towards the building behind him flashing a big smile to the cameras. “Our goal here is to promote the growth of Japanese economic endeavors of all shapes and sizes, and while we’re at it, take another chunk out of the unemployment line too. Tennou Tower will be the hub for all imports and exports in Japan. As such, you’ll notice, once the public tour begins in just under an hour or so, that only state of the art technologies have been incorporated into its structure. It’s been a very long and painstaking road to get all of the bugs and glitches out of the system, but we’re finally convinced that we’ve gotten enough out for it to be safe for the general public.” He joked, flashing another grin. The joke was met with a chorus of laughter from the reporters on site. “But before we begin the tour, why don’t we get the mayor up here and pop the cork on this party, eh?” He asked. The mayor stepped up to the cement platform that marked the tower’s entrance and was greeted by the four Tennou brothers, shaking all of their hands as they held a giant pair of golden scissors. Two of them holding onto either loop, and the mayor taking a grip on the top loop, another barrage of camera flashes went off as the scissors neatly clipped the red ribbon that had blockaded the general public from entering the tower. A cheer rose from the crowd as the severed ends of the ribbon fell to the ground.
However, human eyes weren’t the only ones watching this event. A black cat sat off to one side of the stage, hidden underneath one of the shrubs that outlined the cement platform. It was this cat’s eyes, turning their attention to Keith, and suddenly he began looking around, as if trying to find something. Giving up after a moment, he casually turned his head to Nathaniel and started to say something, when his eyes shifted to the right slightly, and spotted the feline.
“Well, well, well, ladies and gentlemen.” Keith interrupted the proceedings. “It would seem that our new tower has drawn not only the attention of our fellow humans, but other species as well.” He walked over to the shrub with a quickened pace. Before the cat had time to react, Keith had picked it up by the scruff of its neck and pulled it up to his shoulder as if adjusting its position. While he had the microphone away from his mouth, he muttered softly under his breath. “Make a fool out of me, and I will snap your neck.” The cat stiffened up for a moment, but played along, allowing him to cradle it in his arms and tousle its head gently, moving the microphone back up to his mouth. “Oh my… this loveable little cat seems to have a wound of some sort. Jason, you wouldn’t happen to have a bandage on you, would you?”
“Ummm… I think so… ah, here, self adhesive.” Jadeite handed a small paper strip to Kunzite, who smirked a bit as he opened it and placed it securely over the cat’s crescent bald spot.
“There we go, now then, Mr. Mayor, if you would be so kind as to escort this cute little fur ball to the animal adoption center… make sure her shots are up to date and she’s spayed, we will be more than happy to cover the cost.”
“Outstanding! Right away, Mr. Tennou… OUCH!!!!” As soon as the Mayor had taken the cat, it scratched at him and then took off running away from the facility like a bat out of hell. The ceremony proceeded as planned, and was a smashing success.

--------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------

“Kunzite, what was that stunt with the cat earlier?” Nephryte asked, later that evening, after business hours had ended and the employees and media had finally given up for the day. Three of the four Shitennou now sat in their private lounge. Nephryte was comfortably sprawled out on the black leather sofa, Kunzite was off in his little corner, pushing and pulling on the weight machine, and Zoicite was off in his, an easel in front of him, a palette in one hand, and a brush in the other as he gently stroked the thick pigment onto what had once been a perfectly bleach white canvas.
“You mean… ungh… you didn’t… ungh… recognize her?” Kunzite asked, answering without even slowing down his bench press repetitions.
“Not really, should I have? I mean, heh, to my knowledge we’ve never owned a pet.” Nephryte replied with a shrug, taking a sip from the brown liquid in his glass.
“You don’t ever remember seeing…” Kunzite paused, returning the weight bar to it’s cradles before sitting up and toweling off his face. “…a black cat with a golden crescent scar on it’s forehead?”
“Hmmm…” Nephryte looked thoughtful.
“He means Luna.” Zoicite sighed, his eyes still scanning his artwork. “Advisor to the extremely late Queen Selenity? Ring any bells in that belfry of yours? Or is still as silent and empty as usual?” Zoicite’s smirk made itself evident in his voice.
“You know what, pretty boy? One of these days… SMACK!” Nephryte replied, tightening his jaw and pointing at the artist.
“Um, what’s the expression…?” Zoicite paused and looked thoughtful. “I think it goes something like… bring a ladder and pack a lunch?”
“ENOUGH! Both of you, knock it off… If Luna is sniffing around here now, it must mean that the Princess is nearby. And rest assured, her body guards will NOT be far away either.” Kunzite growled, stepping across the room before chugging the remainder of the contents in his water bottle. About that time, Jadeite poked his head into the room wearing a sweat suit and an ID badge.
“I’ll be out of the office for about a week, I have a few more plans to enact…”
“Jadeite, you may start meeting some resistance soon.” Kunzite interrupted him in a gruff voice. “Watch your back.”
“Who are you kidding, Kunzite? There’s no one on this rock capable of it.” Jadeite laughed and shook his head closing the door.
“What an idiot. You know, I kinda feel sorry for him, cause I can already see Beryl’s foot going clean up his ass crack, and the poor fool doesn’t even realize how much of a fuck up he is!”
“And you’re any better?” Kunzite laughed at Nephryte. “Where’ve you been spending your nights these past few weeks, Nathaniel? And if I might inquire, with whom?”
“I don’t believe that’s any of your business, is it Kunzite.” Nephryte replied with a sigh. “You may be my commanding officer, but you’re certainly not my father, so how about you go pop a few more pills, do some more reps, beat your meat to whatever sick fetish video get’s you going, and get off my ass.”
“Zoicite?” Kunzite looked over at him.
“Don’t pull me into this.” Zoicite chuckled back.
“Heh…” Kunzite popped his neck and headed for the door. “It’s almost like they WANT me to kill them again.” He growled to himself as he left.

------------------------------------------------------------ ----------------------------------------------------------


Me anwhile, it was midnight in Tokyo. At the JAM Recording Studio and Radio Station, everything seemed okay from the outside. But inside studio 6-B, where a normally drab and dull late night talk show took place, the entire staff was laying unconscious. All except for one woman, dressed in a business suit, her flame red hair pulled into a tight and neatly done bun, who was staring into the sound room itself. An alluring male voice penetrated the radio waves all across the illustrious city.
“Ladies and Gentlemen, I’m sad to say that Mr. Rockwell’s show has been cancelled, however, I am very happy to introduce you to the new show that will be replacing him, it’s Midnight in Tokyo, and you’re listening to Midnight Zero, I’m your host Jay Daito, and tonight, I’ll be bringing you your favorite love song classics from the old and gold, to the new and bold. Further more, those loyal listeners out there who have a secret love that they’d like to confess to, send us a letter addressed to them, and we’ll read it on the air along with playing the song of your choice. A special prize will be sent, same day delivery, to the lucky ladies who get their letters read on the air. But for now, just sit back, relax, and enjoy the show, I know I will.”