Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Sailor Moon: The Harper Saga ❯ Return of Darkness ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sailor Moon: The Harper Saga
 
This is not an insult to Nakao-sama. This is my sorry-assed attempt to write a sixth season to the already perfect Sailor Moon. It stands to reason that I do not own Sailor Moon. However, the other warriors of light belong to me and I will use them for my manga. My cousin (who is my partner in this deal) and my best friend (who bugs me to post this and helps me with Japanese) are with me in this idea.
 
This was meant to be a movie complete with a soundtrack. However, the royalty would have been a bitch to pay. I also do not own the music. It is better to listen to the recommended music as you read so that you can get the feeling that I want to invoke. Most of it is Sailor Moon but some belong to Star Ocean, Kingdom Hearts and more. Look them up on the internet sometime.
 
IMPORTANT NOTICE: When you review, if you liked it, please tell me what you liked so that I can add more of it. If you didn't, tell me and I will remove it or change it. Make suggestions to me. I'm a reasonable guy. I want you to like reading this as much as I enjoyed writing this.
 
Return of Darkness, The Moon's Reply
 
Three years ago, a girl by the name of Tsukino Usagi and her friends saved the world from a woman named Galaxia. How, you ask? This may be hard for you to believe, but she is the agent of Love and Justice, Sailor Moon. Her friends are also Sailor Senshi. Well, three years have passed since that, and the Sailor Senshi? Well, Haruka, Michiru, Setsuna, and Hotaru live together, protecting their princess from afar. As for Usagi, Ami, Raye, Makoto, and Minako, well through determination and perseverance, they were able to pass their high school curriculum, some better than others. They all chose the same college, Tokyo Liberal Arts College, because of their duties as Sailor Senshi. It is the month of August, and it's only a few days till school begins. They are going to get a surprise.
 
There is a place with darkness engulfing any light. In this dark place, there is a door. This place is the Hall of Time and the door is called the Door of Time, connecting the present with the future. There is a lone woman standing guard at the door, immovable. She is Sailor Pluto. She is dressed in a white leotard, purple skirt, and purple ribbons. Her skin is the color of coffee, hair with a deep green hue and crimson eyes. She holds in her hand a purple staff that looks like a key. That is the Garnet Rod.
 
The Door of Time opens and a surge of pink light shines on the other side. A teenager with long pink hair that is held by what can only be called `rabbit eyes' comes out of it. Sailor Pluto is surprised because she knows who it is. It is the princess of Crystal Tokyo whom she called Small Lady. Her name is Chibiusa
 
“Small Lady,” asks the Senshi of Time, worried that something was wrong “why have you've come through the Door of Time? Is there something wrong?”
 
“Puu, a battle is happening right now in the present. . .” Chibiusa pauses, allowing the words to sink in “A battle that is going to require all of the Senshi. I must help Sailor Moon. I have to save the future and mama.”
(music: Hotaru no Kanegoto)
 
Haruka and Michiru are on a beach, Michiru's head in Haruka's chest. Suddenly, the wind gently blows a strange scent into Haruka's nostrils. Michiru sees that the sea is producing erratic waves. They quickly get up.
 
“The wind is calling me to battle.” Haruka states gravely
 
“The sea is calling me to fight.” Michiru replies gently
 
Three shadows are walking the streets. They see no one as they are walking.
 
“Well, here we are! Any sign of life?” Asks one of the shadows in a deep-low, masculine voice.
 
“I guess that we landed in a dead street.” Replies a low feminine voice. “You know, one that has no one walking it.”
 
“Should we start looking for her?” the third voice questions in a medium-low, masculine voice.
 
“No! First, we need a base of operations.” The first shadow chides
 
“But where shall we find it?” inquires the feminine-voice shadow.
 
The sound of the rustling of paper can be heard. They see an ad for a house.
 
“This will do.” Answers the third shadow. The three agree and head off.
 
(music: Gonin wa Koukousei, first part)
 
Usagi, Ami, Rei, Makoto, and Minako are walking around the campus of Tokyo Liberal Arts College. They see many people on the campus, especially guys, which they go completely nuts over.
 
“Look, at all these cuties.” Minako squeals. “I want that one and that one . . .” she continues pointing into a sea of cute guys.
 
“They're all right but none of them can hold a candle to my Mamo-chan.” Usagi declares while receiving “Yeah-we've-heard-this-before” looks from the others.
 
“Look, just because you have a man doesn't mean you have to gloat about it.” Rei spouts
 
Usagi and Rei move their face in each other faces.
 
“Sounds like someone's jealous.” The blue-eyed odango taunts.
 
“Who's jealous? I'm jealous?” the raven-haired girl remarks
 
“Jealous, jealous, jealous . . .” was the rabbit's retort
 
“You know what, I think that you are jealous because you already have a man and with all of these guys here, you might find one who outshines your guy.” She quips.
 
Usagi's face fills with horror. “Take that back.” She whispers
 
“Make me!” the Shinto priestess challenges
 
Makoto separates the two of them before an all-out, no mercy tongue war begins
 
“Girls, girls! Calm down. We came here to look out the scenery.” Makoto emphasizes the word scenery. “If you continue arguing, you are going to miss out on some of the cute guys, right Minako-chan?”
 
She turns to see that Minako is not there. Makoto turns to Ami who was standing next to her. She is reading a book.
 
“Ami-chan, where is Minako-chan?” she asked
 
Ami looks around “She is over there?”
 
Ami points to where Minato is. She is already talking with some of the guys. The four other girls look at this with surprise because she was already there and she did not wait for the others.
 
“She didn't waste anytime.” Said the brunette warrior in an unsurprised voice.
 
“Come on! We've got to hurry before she takes all of the good guys.” Rei shouts. Makoto and Ami leaves to catch up to Minako. Usagi stays behind and finds a bench to sit on. She takes out a heart-shape locket. She opens it and there is a picture of Usagi and Mamoru together. She looks at the picture and sighs. She remembers the day that she was given this.
 
(music: Dareka ga Nerawarete Iru, part 3)
 
Usagi and Mamoru are in a park. Usagi's head is in Mamoru's chest.
 
“I'll be heading off to college soon.” Usagi sighed
 
“Yeah, who would have thought?” chuckled Mamoru
 
Usagi gets up quickly.
 
“Are you saying that I couldn't finish high school?” she questioned, not believing what her boyfriend had just said about her.
 
Mamoru stutters. “I didn't mean it like that. I meant it in like where has all that time gone. It seems like just yesterday that I met you.” He laughed to cover up his badly timed joke.
 
Usagi sits back down, the answer ameliorated her.
 
“Will you come and visit me in college, Mamo-chan?”
 
“Every chance I get, Usako. But in the meantime, I want you to have this.”
 
He takes out a box with the heart-shaped locket. He puts it around her neck.
 
“Anytime you feel lonely and you miss me, you can take out this locket and be reminded. Now look inside the locket.”
 
Usagi looks inside the locket and see a picture of her and Mamoru together.
 
“Thank you! I'll treasure it always.”
 
The two kiss.
 
She hears her named being called, but Usagi does not respond.
 
“Usagi, wake up.” A voice rouses her from her daydream.
 
Usagi falls off the bench and collapses on the floor. She sees Chibi-usa, Setsuna, Haruka, Michiru, and Hotaru all together.
 
“What are all of you doing here?” Usagi could not hide the worry in her voice
 
“Usagi-san, the darkness has returned.” Hotaru tells
 
A woman is staring at a small pouch. She is a real estate agent.
 
“I didn't know that people like them existed.” She exclaims. “They were so adamant on buying that creepy house. Perhaps they don't know the legend that a dragon used to sleep in the basement. But they wanted it anyway and they paid in full.”
 
The real estate agent looks in her pouch and saw gilded items that shined in the sun.
 
“There has to be five million dollars in gold here. I can quit my job and live on a tropical island for the rest of my life. In fact, that is just the thing I will do.” She cackles manically.
 
She takes out a cell phone and dials a number.
 
“Hello! Mister Richard? I'm just calling you to tell you that I quit. I sold the Whitmore place and the couple there paid in full for the house. (she pauses) Yes! The complete five million dollars. Yes sir! Just send my last check through the mail. (she pauses) Where am I going? To the Bahamas. Ha, ha!”
 
She ends the call and walks away.
 
“When is she going to realize that what we paid with was rocks?” says the second shadow, amusement leaking from her voice.
 
“As soon as the charm wears off.” The first shadow responds nonchalantly.
 
“These humans sure love money. Don't they know that it is the root of all evil?” inquires the second shadow.
 
“I guess that these humans are just like animals, always looking for their next meal. Their god is their belly.” The first answers.
 
“Pity!” she says in mock concern
 
The third shadow clicks his tongue. “Anyways, we should disguise the inside of the house so that it looks like the inside of the humans' houses.”
 
The first and second shadow agrees.
 
“We've got to find her before they do.”
 
Usagi, Ami, Rei, Makoto, Minako, Setsuna, Haruka, Michiru, Chibiusa, and Hotaru are sitting in a table at a restaurant. They are eating and talking.
 
“I had a dream.” Chibiusa begins, narrating with a sad melodic voice. “There was this woman, playing on a harp. She was singing a sad song. I saw this giant blob creature. It fired a beam at someone I didn't know. Then there was this whale thing. It fired a beam at an angel woman. Then there was this third monster in the form of a woman and she had killed Sailor Moon.
 
To this, everyone gasps. Chibiusa continues when they gave her their attention.
 
“The woman playing the harp was singing.
 
`If only they had gotten me in time.
I could have saved them and prevented this.
They had missed their only chance
and now the world is doomed.'
 
Then I saw a woman on a throne. She was laughing at all of this. The woman said that the three woes of mankind have destroyed what could have been the future. Now the future is no more.
 
Everyone stopped eating and stood there with their mouths open.
 
“What are we going to do?” Usagi asks, horrified that the world is being threatened again.
 
“Darkness is coming, Usagi-san.” Hotaru reminds. “We must rise up again and save the world.”
 
“There is something else that I need to tell you all.” The voice belongs to the guardian of the Door of Time, Meioh Setsuna.
 
All eyes focus on her. Whatever that Senshi uttered was never good. It usually meant that there was a threat to the future.
 
“There is a moratorium on the future.”
 
“Huh? What does that mean?” Minako asks, confused more at the word moratorium then at the complications that it entailed.
 
“It means that the future is not playing out as it should.” Ami tells her, always quick on the uptake.
 
“You mean, the future doesn't exist anymore.” Makoto breathed, frightened at the prospect that all of their and personal sacrifice was in vain.
 
Haruka let out something that sounded like a growl. Michiru put her hand in Haruka's.
 
“It is more like hitting the pause button on the remote.” Setsuna continues as if she wasn't interrupted. During all of this, she didn't blink. “The future has stopped moving. All of Crystal Tokyo has been frozen in time, waiting for the events in this present to pass. If the present is destroyed, the future will be too as a result of the Time Paradox.”
 
“Well, what can we do?” Rei asks.
 
“We have to find the woman in Chibi-usa-chan's dream. The one with the harp.” Usagi articulates as if it was that easy to accomplish. “If we do, then we can stop the destruction from happening and keep the future going the way it should.”
 
“Where do we start looking?” Chibiusa inquires
 
“At the library.” Ami replies. “We can look for a picture of the woman playing the harp and see if the library has any information.”
 
“The rest of us can start patrolling the street to see if there are any monsters on the loose.” Haruka informs
 
“If there are any, then we should all meet up and attack the enemy.” Michiru reminds
 
After the pep talk, the girls left to their respective stations.
 
There is a dark courtyard. It is full monsters. In this courtyard there is an elaborate throne made of shifting water. There is a woman sitting on that throne. She raises her hand and all the monsters kneel before her. There are ten who are not kneeling. One of them comes before the woman. His name is Apollyon. He has short brown hair that comes up in spikes. He had a lean build and a purple staff upon which a simple circle adorned it.
 
“My lady,” he begins “we have just learned that the Sonycs have arrived on this pathetic blue planet. Intelligence states that they are looking for her too.”
 
The woman raises her hand and Apollyon stops talking. She makes a “come here” gesture. Another person appears before her throne. His name is Seymour. Seymour is a man with long silvery-blue hair that wave out in a circular motion.*1
 
“My lady,” he purrs “we have a spell prepared for the Sonyc Barrier as you wish. We will proceed to cast it. This will prevent any interference from those pathetic Sonycs.”
 
She motions them away. The ten stand in a big circle and begin to chant.
 
Nueva, Zega, Zeiger, Zom
Now the chosen time has come
Prevent Sonyc power from being shown
And enclose them in this dark dome.
 
Nueva, Zega, Zeiger, Zom
Now the chosen time has come
Prevent Sonyc power from being shown
And enclose them in this dark dome.
 
Nueva, Zega, Zeiger, Zom
Now the chosen time has come
Prevent Sonyc power from being shown
And enclose them in this dark dome.
 
Back at the restaurant where the girls their meeting, the lights began to flicker on and off. The girls notice this and knew that that was an evil omen.
 
“I'm getting a bad vibe from all of this.” Rei shudders.
 
The other girls agreed.
 
The three shadows saw the lights flicker on and off. They felt power emanating.
 
“What's happening?” the second shadow grips her chest as if she was in pain. “I felt some power being drained from me.”
 
“As did I.” the first shadow agrees, gripping his chest in a similar fashion
 
The third shadow stood indifferent to the pain of the others. “I don't feel any different.”
 
“Let's lose these human disguises.” The first shadow commands.
 
The other two agree and crouch.
 
The first shadow shouts. “Saa, henshin take nasai!”
 
“Lightning Sonyc Power, Revert.” The first shadow shouts.
 
Whatever the shadow was expecting did not happen.
 
“Let me try.” The second shadow inquires. “Light Sonyc Power, Revert.” She shouts
 
Nothing happened.
 
“Come Forth, Dragons of Shinegard.” The third shadow shouts.
 
In a flash of light, the third shadow transforms. He is a Dragon Warrior.
 
“They created a barrier that prevents Sonycs from transforming. Clever move!” the first shadow muses.
 
“So that means we are useless in the race to find her.” The second shadow comments.
 
“They sealed all of our avenues. But they weren't counting on one thing.” The first shadow smiles
 
“That you guys would enlist the help of a non-Sonyc.” Says the Dragon Warrior. “They were not expecting a Dragon Warrior.”
 
“That means you are our only hope in order to find her before they do.” The second shadow put her hand on the Dragon Warrior.
 
“Scout the area. See if you can find the source of the barrier.” The first shadow commands
 
“On my way.” The Dragon Warrior leaves the house.
 
The first shadow closed the door behind him. The two shadows sat down on the couch.
 
“He's not as strong as we are.” He begins without preamble.
 
“And yet, you want him to scout the area!?!” she says incredulously.
 
“How much trouble can a teenager get into?”
 
The two sit in silence for a few moments.
 
“We better follow him.” They agree loudly.
 
The two shadows follow the Dragon Warrior out the door.
 
Ami and Chibiusa are in a library. They have a whole table to themselves. It is filled with thick books.
 
“I'm going to look for more books on harps, Chibiusa-chan.” Ami whispers. “You just keep searching to see if any match the woman in your dreams.”
 
“Ok! Ami-chan, don't strain yourself.” Chibiusa pleads.
 
“Don't worry about me. I have been doing this since I was five.”
 
Ami walks off and Chibiusa continues looking through the books. After a few minutes, she falls asleep with her face in the books.
 
She begins to dream. In her dreams, she sees the woman playing the harp. The woman starts to sing.
 
My darling Chibi-usa,
You are looking for me in books.
You will not find me anywhere
Because to them, I don't exist.
 
“What is your name?” Chibiusa asks, not trusting her voice to speak.
 
I am not allowed to say.
But there are those who know my name.
They are the hea'en-sent warriors.
They've come to save the world.
 
“Save the world from what?”
 
An evil cloud descends tonight.
A cloud of darkness and despair
They have come to take me away.
And then take o'er the world.
 
“What can I do to help?”
 
Now you must listen to me.
You have to find the one who holds me now.
When that happens, you'll know what to do.
Now you must wake up.
 
 
Chibi-usa wakes up from her dream. She finds that Ami is gently poking her.
 
“You fell asleep. You must be tired.” Ami smiles with a hint of amusement in her eyes.
 
“I had a dream about the woman with the harp.” Chibiusa yawns and rubs her eyes gently. “She said that there is nothing here that will help us find out who she is.”
 
“Did she say who she was?”
 
“She said that heaven-sent warriors were coming and they know her name. She also said that there is a dark cloud descending upon Earth.”
 
“Maybe that dark cloud has something to do with the lights flickering on and off. We had better catch up with Usagi-chan and the others.”
 
The two clean up their table and leave the library.
 
Back at the courtyard, Apollyon is before the woman on the throne.
 
“My lady, the barrier was a complete success. The Sonycs will be unable to search for her without their abilities.”
 
“What do you plan to do about it?” the lady on the throne asks.
 
“I shall take Kome with me and I shall start hunting for her. She has to be in a child's soul. Souls of children are pure. She will be there.”
 
“Take your leave.” She waves him off.
 
“Thank you, Queen Medea.” Apollyon bows reverently.
 
“I am not queen yet.” Medea threatens half-heartedly
 
“But you will be when I find her.” He reminds her.
 
Apollyon bows before her and leaves. Jeering and sucking noises are heard. Apollyon stops and motions for the monsters to come towards him.
 
“Kome, come forth.” He commands
 
The monster comes before him in the shadows.
 
“We are going to search for her.” He says nonchalantly.
 
“Understood!” the monster acknowledges.
 
Apollyon made a staff appear. He waved it over himself and the humanoid and both were gone.
 
The Dragon Warrior had been searching for the power source of the barrier for thirty minutes now. Following behind him were the two shadows that sent him to find in the first place. There was a great distance between him.
 
“Where would I hide the power source of a barrier that prevents my enemies from searching for a powerful creature?” the Dragon Warrior muses to himself
 
He saw someone coming and decided to hide.
 
“I can't afford to be seen at this juncture.”
 
He sees Ami and Chibiusa pass where he was standing just a while ago.
 
“Such beautiful hair.” He shakes his head. “I shouldn't follow her. I have a mission and I can't afford to be love-struck.” A mischievous smile graces his face. “Well, they don't have to know about it.”
 
He goes after the two, following them at a distance when he would not be seen. The two shadows followed him, thinking that he knew where the barrier was.
 
Elsewhere, Apollyon landed on Earth. He puts on a disguise, a preacher with black attire and a black cowboy-like hat. With a bible in his hands, he looks like a minister prophesizing a message of Armageddon. He sees a teenage girl who wishes to buy food at a convenience stand but comes up a few dollars short. Target acquired, he sauntered over to the distressed girl.
 
“No money, no food.” The owner spat.
 
“Please?” the girl beseeches. “I'm hypoglycemic. I need to eat every thirty minutes or I'll die.”
 
“And I need to have money every time I give away food or else I'll die.” He retorts, not listening to the dangers that
 
 
Apollyon approached the owner and paid for the food. He gave the food to the girl.
 
“Thank you for the food, Reverend.” The girl was grateful that someone listened to her pleas.
 
“You're mighty welcome, young lady.” He tips his hat at her. “May I ask your name, young lady, so that I may know who to pray for?”
 
“I am Stacy!” the girl responds.
 
“Stacy! That's a beautiful name. You look hungry. Why don't you come with me and I'll treat you to some ice cream?”
 
Perhaps she did not understand the implications or the aura that the “reverend” was emanating, but she affirmed his offer.
 
Elsewhere, the girls met at a fountain.
 
“We couldn't find anything in the library.” Ami answers the question that never was expected. The girls thought that if anyone would be able to find out anything, it would be Ami.
 
“The woman contacted me through a dream and said that there would be nothing in any books about her.” Chibiusa reports
 
“So, do you think that it is a mystical creature?” Minako asks, the impact of this report confused her.
 
“Get real, Minako-chan.” Rei smiles
 
“It may not be as far-fetched as it sounds.” Haruka comments as if they were talking about the weather and not a magical creature.
 
“We've encountered strange things before.” Michiru says, completing her thought.
 
“Chibi-usa, tell them what else the woman said.” Makoto urges gently.
 
“Well, she said that she couldn't say her name, but there were heaven-sent warriors that knew her name. These warriors would save the world.”
 
“Maybe a fire reading can reveal her name.” Rei offers
 
Usagi was not paying attention to the conversation. She was looking at a girl being led by a preacher looking man. Something did not sit right with her. He just felt out of place to her. Her gut feeling told her that the man was not all that he seemed. Usagi left the girls to examine the preacher and the girl. Only Setsuna saw her leave. She knew exactly what was happening.
 
The girls noticed that Usagi was not there.
 
Rei was agitated at the disappearance of her friend. “Where did this girl go? That dumpling brain gets on my nerves.”
 
“She went to follow a man with a dark aura.” Setsuna says without an introduction.
 
The group gasps.
 
Setsuna continues with her speech. “Something did not sit right with her about the man who looked like a preacher. She went to see if there was anything wrong.”
 
From out in the distance, they heard someone scream.
 
“Let's check it out.” Minako advises
 
Stacy is on the ground, terrified. Her clothes are scuffed and she is out of breath.
 
“But I thought you worked for the Lord.” There was no mistaking the fear in her voice.
 
Apollyon smirked. “What gave you that idea?”
 
Stacy was now more afraid of the reverend than possible. “What are you going to do?”
 
Apollyon does not hear Stacy's cries. He appears to be chanting a spell. He takes out a staff and points it at Stacy. However, lost to them was a pair of pair sapphire eyes holding a golden object in her hands.
 
“Now open the door to your soul.” Apollyon commands.
 
Stacy goes through what looks like seizures. The seizures stop and a door appears in front of her.
 
“Yes, yes!” he cheers. “The Soul Door! Inside her door lie her most treasured memories. If she is hiding in this one, it is surely going to be a treasured memory.”
 
Usagi could not take this anymore. She lifts her compact into the air and says those words.
 
Moon Eternal, Make-Up
 
No longer was there a young woman that blended in with the crowd. In her place is her doppelganger, her true form, she is Sailor Moon.
 
He started heading towards the door when he hears a voice.
 
“Stop right there!” the voice says.
 
Apollyon stops. He has a look of frustration on his face. He turns around and sees Sailor Moon.
 
(music: Sailor Moon introduction)
 
“I don't what you just did, but I won't allow you to hurt her. You may not know me but I am an agent of love justice, Seera Bishoujo Senshi*2 . . .
 
Sailor Moon raises her left hand in the air. She bends her left arm and lifts her right almost halfway. She crosses her arms pointing her right index and pinky upwards. Next she bends her right arm and extends her left hand in a sweeping fashion.
 
Sailor Moon!
 
She moves her right hand over her left hand. . She bends and extends her right arm to her knees.
 
In the name of the Moon, . . .
 
Finally she bends her elbow in a v shape and put her left fist over it.
 
I'll punish you.
 
Apollyon looks at Sailor Moon and gives her the strangest look as if to say `what the hell was that with the fingers and the speech.'
 
He walks to her and ask. “Who are you? You do not dress in the apparel of the Sonycs.”
 
Sailor Moon is dumbfounded and gives him a look that says so.
 
“So, if you are not a Sonyc, then you must be this earth's guardian.” He flashes a wicked smile. “So be it!” He makes a shooing motion. “Be off with you. I have work to do.”
 
Apollyon moves closer to Stacy. Sailor Moon takes off her tiara*3 and turns it into an energy discus. She throws it at Apollyon
 
Moon Tiara Action
 
Apollyon hits the tiara with his staff.
 
“So you want to play games. I've got a game for you. It's called `Kill the Hero'”
 
(music: Malicious Fingers from Star Ocean 3)
 
He lifts his staff into the air. A dark circle appears beneath him. As he chants, the sky becomes darker until the sun is eclipsed in darkness.
 
“Come forth, Kome, onto this plane.”
 
In a cloud of smoke the monster Kome appears. It looked like a werewolf from all of those slasher movies. It stood upright and its fur was coarse brown.
 
“Take care of the distraction! I will take care of the girl.” And with that, Apollyon continues with his first charge, securing the girl's soul.
 
Apollyon moves closer to Stacy while Kome charges at Sailor Moon. Kome knocks Sailor Moon to the ground.
 
Apollyon saunters towards the Soul Door that appeared in front of the girl that called herself Stacy. He opens the door with a wave of his staff. A pale lights shines.
 
He sees three memories. The first one is of a happy couple. The second is of that same couple fighting. The final one is a picture of a car crash.
 
The door closes and disappears entirely.
 
“This girl has had a tragic childhood. She came from a happy family. Their relationship turns sour and ends in tragedy. How sad. . . . But she does not have her so she is useless to me.” Apollyon was a bit miffed that the one he was looking for was not there but he covered it with a mask of disinterest.
 
He turns his attention towards the battle between Kome and Sailor Moon. She has scuffs on her face and she is dirty.
 
“At least, I can get some entertainment.” He thinks to himself. “Kome, finish this battle with your Sonic Claws.” He demands.
 
Kome raised his left claw. The nails began to shine.
 
Sonic Claws
 
(music: Sailor Neptune and Sailor Uranus, first part, first half)
 
From an unknown corner, three surges of energy approaches the unaware enemy
 
World Shaking
 
Deep Submerge
 
Dead Scream
 
The three spheres of energy united into a super sphere of power.
 
Dead World Submerge*4
 
The attacks merge together to create a giant sphere. It hits Kome and the monster screamed in agony. However, it did little damage. The monster was slowed down by the surprise attack but was not deterred.
 
“Our strongest attack had no effect.” Neptune shouts, not believing the sight before her. Uranus and Pluto have similar looks on their faces.
 
Kome bowls over Sailor Uranus, Sailor Neptune, and Sailor Pluto. He still continues charging. He is about to bowl over Sailor Moon when from out of nowhere, a red rose descends. It implants itself in the ground. Kome stops his attack and looks on a rooftop. He sees a man in a tuxedo, a black cape and a top hat and an eye mask. He is Tuxedo Kamen.
 
(music: Tuxedo Kamen introduction)
 
“Picking on young girls, shame on you! I won't allow it.” Tuxedo Kamen scolds.
 
All of the Sailor Senshi appear behind Sailor Moon
 
“Neither will we.” They shout.
 
Apollyon waves his staff and a couch appears.
 
“Now this is getting interesting.” He sits down and smiles as if this was a sporting event. “Kome, destroy these soldiers.”
 
Kome charges at the group.
 
Sailor Moon and Tuxedo Kamen are bowled over. Then Kome knocks down Mercury, Venus, Mars and Jupiter. Kome turns and sees Sailor Saturn and Sailor Chibimoon.
 
“Run! I'll give you time to escape.” Saturn commands in a voice that was authoritarian in nature.
 
“But . . . “ was the only thing that she could say as the monster charged at the Senshi of death and rebirth.
 
Sailor Saturn attacks the humanoid with her Silence Glaive. It makes a sound of pain. A smoke-like substance protrudes out of Kome. Like an animal in pain, it knocks the Glaive out of Saturn's hands. It then slashes her with his claw. She screams in pain. The monster knocks her away forcefully.
 
Kome turns towards Chibimoon. She has not moved due to the paralysis that the monster exudes. Kome charges at Chibimoon. It claws shine. Somewhere, in the deep recesses of her mind, she can hear her name being called.
 
(music: Sailor 4 Senshi, Crystal Power Makeup, second part)
 
When Kome completed the attack, it was surprised to see nothing in place of the pink Senshi. It made a guttural noise that seemed to sound like `huh?' Apollyon looks skywards, feeling a surge of energy more powerful than these soldiers. He saw a boy, no older than fourteen levitating in the air. He wore an orange visor helmet that covered his eyes and nose, a green vest with matching jumpers, and a tuft of long spiky hair protruding from the back of his helmet scarlet in color. In his arms appeared to be the missing Senshi. He levitated to the ground, making sure that the girl in his arms was upright.
 
“How dare you try to attack a beautiful woman!” the Dragon Warrior roars.
 
Chibimoon turns to him. “Who are you?”
 
The Dragon Warrior introduces himself. “Protecting this world with the power of the sacred dragons of Shinegard, I am the Dragon Warrior.”
 
“What is a Dragon Warrior doing out of Shinegard?” Apollyon demands, not believing what his eyes are telling him.
 
“I am summoned when evil tries to harm those in the light. I am summoned when the light needs a helping hand. I am the Dragon Warrior. For the honor of Shinegard, evil will be destroyed.” The Dragon Warrior crouches in attack position.
 
“Kome, destroy him.” Apollyon screeches.
 
(music: Cutting Edge of Notion)
 
Kome raised his left claw. The nails began to shine.
 
Sonic Claws
 
The Dragon Warrior dodges it with amazing speed. He moved as if he was water incarnate. He runs towards the monster and showers it with punches and kicks. This rain of attacks pushes Kome back. The other warriors look on in helplessness and amazement.
 
After the one-sided exchange, the Dragon Warrior was bored and decided that it was over. “Time to end this!”
 
The Dragon Warrior made wide concentric circles with his hands as he summoned white light to encircle him. He radiated holiness. Everyone could only stand thunderstruck as this kid cupped his hands in fireball position.
 
Holy Dragon Blast.
 
From this kid's hands, a white dragon emerges creating a powerful energy attack that blasts Kome and disintegrates the monster. In its wake, a loud inhuman shriek was heard.
 
The Dragon Warrior turns to Apollyon, who has a shocked look on his face.
 
“My humanoid, my powerful humanoid. How could a kid destroy my humanoid?” Apollyon rants, trying without succeeding to logically figure this out.
 
Apollyon waves his staff and disappears in a cloud of smoke.
 
“This is just the beginning. Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!” His last vestige echoed in his ears.
 
The Dragon Warrior proceeds to pick everyone up off the floor.
 
(music: Koi wa Lonely Heart)
 
“Thank you for saving us.” Chibimoon felt her face heat up, a fact that was not lost on a certain Senshi of Love
 
“Hai, arigato!” Sailor Moon smiled. “You're really strong.”
 
“Arigato!” the teen says in response.
 
“May I ask you a question?” Chibimoon ambles towards him, unsure of herself.
 
“Anything for a pretty face.” He smiled at her.
 
Chibimoon could feel heat in her face. “Why are you here?” She stammers over her words.
 
The teen was at a loss for words. He did not want to lie to the Pink Sugar girl; however, the parameters of his mission prevented him from revealing his purpose. “There was a break in the Time-Space Continuum between your world and mine. I need to find a woman that will return me to my own world.”
 
Mercury took this pause in the conversation to ask her question. “Does this woman play upon a harp?”
 
The Dragon Warrior looks at her, incredulously.
 
“You know her?”
 
“She speaks to me when I dream.” Chibimoon whispers, not thinking that the Dragon Warrior could hear her. He puts his hand on her shoulder and closes his eyes. The Outer Senshi vehemently object to this touch but a look from their princess refrains them from doing anything. Afterwards, he opens his eyes.
 
“I don't feel her in you. She must only communicate with you in your dreams.”
 
Sailor Moon stood adjacent to the teenage hero. “We could really use your strength. Can we be friends?”
 
Sailor Moon extends her hand. Sailor Uranus comes between Sailor Moon and the Dragon Warrior.
 
“Look, just because you stopped that monster doesn't mean that we completely trust you.” She spat, hate within her cobalt eyes.
 
“For all we know, all of that could have been a show to get us to trust you.” Neptune resound her lover's point.
 
Sailor Moon looked like she was on the verge on tears. “Uranus, Neptune, please don't do this.”
 
Sailor Pluto looks at her princess reassuringly. “Sailor Moon, please understand that this is for your own safety. We cannot trust outsiders. It is too dangerous.”
 
At this, the Dragon Warrior exploded in rage. “Why don't you trust me? I mean, after I destroy the monster, I could have easily destroyed you. I do have the power to.” He turns towards to Sailor Moon. “Listen, Sailor Moon is it? I'll subjugate myself to your rules and will help you girls with the monsters but I am not sure if we can be friends this quickly. Maybe after I get to know you better, maybe.” He begins to levitate in the air. “Until then, farewell. And a special farewell to the lady in pink.” He gives a two-fingered salute to the Pink Sugar girl.
 
Sailor Chibimoon blushes as the Dragon Warrior leaves the scene with all of the Sailor Senshi looking at the retreating figure.
 
On a rooftop overlooking the Senshi, two shadows were watching the entire event.
 
(music: Dearly Beloved from Kingdom Hearts)
 
The Second Shadow laughs heartily. “So, Pinkie communicates with her. Does that mean anything?”
 
The First Shadow chided softly. “That is just a plea for help.”
 
“When do we make our move?”
 
“Soon, my lady, soon.”
 
The Second Shadow's voice could be likened to a pout. “Well, it better be soon. I'm getting bored.”
 
“I have already hacked in the mainframe. Our names have already been added. One of them has to be her. We will continue tomorrow.”
 
“And our Dragon Warrior?”
 
“I have something very special planned for him. Tomorrow is the first day of our mission. Get ready for it.”
 
“All right!” the second shadow cheers.
 
The girls and Mamoru are pondering the events that had just taken place.
 
Uncharacteristically, Ami was the first to speak. “Do you think that the Dragon Warrior can be trusted?”
 
“I didn't feel any bad vibes from him.” Rei could always tell a person's true intentions by reading the vibes that said person exuded.
 
Minako took this opportunity to report her findings to the rest of the group. “He looked kind of cute, for a teen.” Her eyes were filled with glee. “I think that our little Chibiusa-chan was swooning over him.”
 
Makoto decided to join in. “I'm sure that she was drooling over his muscular definition, his calm demeanor and his flirtatious words”
 
Chibi-usa blushes.
 
“No I wasn't.” The Pink Sugar girl said in her defense. Unfortunately, the others were not buying it for a second.
 
“Oh yes you were.” Her future mother jabbed at Chibiusa's sides. There were some snickers that the groups were holding in.
 
Mamoru placed his hands on his future daughter's shoulders in a loving fashion. “You know, if you are going to date guys, they are going to have to go through me.”
 
That comment did it for the girls and they laughed at the expense of Chibiusa except for Setsuna who smiled as a mother would. After they relieved themselves of their laughter, the Senshi began to plot their course.
 
“We must also think of him as an outsider.” Haruka sneered at the thought of the Dragon Warrior. The person who was able to protect all that was dear to her when she couldn't
 
“Until we know what his intentions are, we cannot trust him completely.” Michiru added her two cents.
 
“We also need to know what the monsters are looking for.” Hotaru reminded.
 
As everyone discussed what they should do, Chibiusa looked up at the moon. Her guardian star brought to her a calmness that was second only to her parents. She recollected strong arms that held her, a soft song that soothed her, and friends that always stood by her. As she stared at her guardian star, she could have sworn that she saw an image of the Dragon Warrior and the woman playing the harp. She sighed and hugged herself, remembering the feeling of his arms.
 
Chibiusa: Ahh! It's the first day of middle school and I'm late. I hope nothing strange happens today.
 
Usagi: Isn't that Momo-chan? What is that strange man doing next to her?
 
Dragon Warrior: Sailor Moon, Chibimoon, there is a monster on the loose.
 
Chibimoon: I see angelic creatures over the horizon. Are they the heaven-sent warriors?
 
Sailor Moon: the Harper Saga - Soldiers of Light descend on Earth. Tsukino hikari wa ai no message.