Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Sailormoon Dark ❯ Episode 2: University Orientation II. Unknown Senshi Save the Day ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]



Sailormoon Dark: Episode Two
"University Orientation II. Unknown senshi save the day."

written by Laurel Wilson ( Sailorhathor@aol.com )
Inspired by the Japanese animated show Pretty Soldier Sailormoon.
The ideas for this fanfic were conceived in 1995, but this actual episode was written in January 2000.


"Here we are, enjoying a nice lunch on our first day of university life, and you know how much I love lunch... shrimp, sushi, rice, cakes for dessert... Makoto's cakes... mmm... where was I? Oh yes! Our delicious lunch is rudely interrupted by a real honest to goodness seamonster! But I can't transform because he has my brooch! What will I doooooo?! Pretty Soldier Sailormoon Dark: University Orientation Part 2. Unknown senshi save the day. The moonlight carries the message of love."

        In the courtyard, the students were chatting and eating their lunches. "I wonder what is keeping Rei-chan?" Makoto wondered aloud. "She's been gone awhile."
        "I'll go check on her," Usagi offered. As she got to her feet, her brooch came loose from the front of her uniform and rolled into the bushes. "Oh dear, my brooch! That is the clumsiest thing I have done in a long time." She carefully crawled into the bushes, feeling around for the lost brooch. "I must find it..."
        "Ish thish what you'we wooking fow?" a funny voice asked. There was Usagi's brooch, being held out to her... by a tentacle!
        "Thank y..." Usagi glanced at the creature holding her brooch. "Gaaaaaaaah!"
        The others watched in confusion as the bushes gave a mighty shake, leaves flying in every direction, before spitting out Usagi. She was screaming, "Octopus! Octopus! There's an octopus in the bushes!"
        A funny-looking green creature with six tentacles scurried out of the bushes after her, still holding her brooch. "I am not an octopush, I am a sheamonshtew!"
        Several students screamed and got up to run. "Seamonster!" someone yelled. "It's a real seamonster!"
        "Is that what it said? It's a seamonster?" Minako asked.
        "Yesh! A sheamonshtew, a sheamonshtew! Why is that sho hawd to undewstand?!"
        "What did it say?" Hotaru asked.
        The seamonster sighed, sweatdropping, then held up Usagi's brooch. "Wook what I have! I'm Shailowmoon! Watch me get naked and twanshfowm. I will punissssh you!"
        "Did you hear what it said?! It knows I'm Sailormoon!" Usagi whispered to Ami.
        "We can't transform here. All the students will see," Ami replied.
        "This is a strange scene. Where did a seamonster come from, and what is it doing here?" Michiru wondered aloud.
        In answer, the seamonster scurried toward some other students. "The sheamonshtew ish hewe to scawe evewyone. Have you evew sheen a weal sheamonshtew? Don't wet me toush you, or you'll tuwn into a sheamonshtew too! All swimy and gween!"
        The students bought it. They screamed and ran around in circles as the seamonster chased them.
        "We have to do something..."
        "This seamonster is ruining our orientation!" Usagi cried with much frustration.
        Suddenly, a figure carrying a trident staff leapt down from an upper window and landed right in the path of the rampaging seamonster. It made a sudden stop to recoil in horror. "Ohhhhhhh noooooo, not you!"
        The figure pointed the end of the trident at the creature. Her long blue hair whispered over her senshi uniform, which had a navy skirt trimmed in pink.
        "Another senshi?! Who is she?" Usagi wondered.
        "These students gathered here today for their university orientation, a time of great promise for young dreamers. How dare you show up to spoil their special day! I am the nightmare on the seas for monsters like you. I am Sailortriton !" the figure cried.
        The seamonster dramatically put a tentacle over his eyes. "Ohhhhhhhh no, not Shailowtwiton!"
        "Don't say my name! It sounds stupid when you say it!" Sailortriton stomped her foot.
        Michiru gasped at a long-forgotten memory that came to the surface. "Sailortriton... a Sailor Satellite, from the moon Triton. A member of my court from the past.


        Reaching the roof, Rei took the time to look around. The Mars imposter had to of come up here, as this is where her trail lead. "Come out and face me imposter!" She raised her wand to the sky, and cried, "Mars Crystal Power, Make-Up!"
        As she transformed, two girls dressed in senshi-like uniforms came out of the shadows to watch. "So you are the Light Mars? You aren't all that impressive."
        Sailormars quickly took on a fighting stance. "Who do you work for? And what do you think she will do to you when you return as failures?"
        The two predictably laughed. "We will not be failures. Everything has been planned brilliantly. Every last detail. Even your death."
        "You will not find that so easy a task."
        The other evil senshi spoke, her voice sounding like someone on helium. "Such bravado. You have no idea who you're dealing with. I am Sailorheliumsparrow ."
        "And I am Sailorantimonyhawk. We are servants of the Dark. You have been targeted for death."
        The imposter Mars stepped out in front of them. "It is only through your death that I can truly live. I am Sailordarkmars ."
        Sailormars took in the other girl's appearance. She looked just like her, except that her uniform was a bit different, and instead of a tiara, she had a small oval mirror in the middle of her forehead. As if she was Mars' reflection, but a very negative reflection. This angered Sailormars. "You are not me." She raised her hand, preparing to attack. "How dare you take the name of my home planet and twist it to the purposes of Darkness. Mars Flame Sniper!"
        The two evil Sailor Elementals jumped in front of Darkmars. The Flame Sniper arrow dissolved as it hit their bodies. They stood there unharmed and untouched.
        Sailormars gasped in horror. If they were immune to her attacks, how could she beat them alone?
        "Fool! Helium does not burn."
        "And my element, antimony, is used in the making of fireproof compounds. Your attacks are useless against us."
        Before Mars could do anything else, Heliumsparrow raised her arm to the side. "Helium Levitate!"
        Sailormars was lifted off the ground at least 15 feet. "Ahhhh!" With a grin, Heliumsparrow lowered her arm in an abrupt arc. Mars crashed to the surface of the roof as if someone had thrown her down. She cried out in pain.
        A foot firmly planted itself into Sailormars' back. She did not have a chance to react. "You are wrong. I am a part of you, a part you would like to forget was ever there. Flame Sniper Solidify," Sailordarkmars said with confidence.
        Mars screamed as the solid searing arrow of flame buried itself deeply into her back.


        "Trident Ice Geyser!" Sailortriton yelled, pointing her trident at the seamonster. There was a loud rumble before streams of almost frozen water sprang out of each tine, entwined in a braid, and gushed at the seamonster, blowing him against the far wall of the school. The force was so great that the little monster left a crater in the bricks.
        "Th-that-t wa-washn't in... the plan," the seamonster croaked.
        "Shut your mouth!" Sailortriton snapped.
        When he hit the wall, Usagi's brooch flew out of his tentacle. She watched it clatter to the ground, debating whether or not she should pick it up. Wouldn't that identify who she was to the other students? The seamonster had already said the brooch belonged to Sailormoon...
        Sailortri ton turned to the others. "Michiru. It is good to see you again."
        Her reaction cold, Michiru simply gave a nod of acknowledgment.
        "Michir u, I'm hurt," Triton said with a sly grin. "Why are you so cold to me, hm?" Her tone indicated that she already knew why.
        "We did not get along in the past," Michiru answered simply.
        "Oh, but shouldn't you judge me by my present actions? Did I not just save you all from the seamonster?" Sailortriton pointed out, her voice still sly.
        With a sigh, Michiru admitted, "Yes, I suppose you're right." Triton's demeanor told Michiru that the other girl had not changed much.
        The others wondered what had happened between them, because their memories of Sailortriton were very hazy.
        One of the students screamed, "The seamonster is getting away!" It was true; the creature was trying to sneak off to a nearby door where he could make his escape through the school.
        The monster stopped in his tracks when he realized he had been found out. "Uhhh ohhh," he moaned.
        Visibly caught off guard, Sailortriton blathered, "Uh, I taught him his lesson. Just let him go. He won't hurt anyone now."
        "Yesh, yesh. I have wearned my wesshon. I'll be sheeing you!" The seamonster turned to the door. "Gaaaaaaah!"
        There stood Sailorvulcan, Sailorsun, and Soldierhyperion.
        "Who are they?!" Usagi exclaimed.
        "Damn!" cried Sailortriton. "It's okay, I've taken care of the problem. You can just go home."
        Sailorsun scoffed. "Are you kidding? Soldiers of love never skip out until the problem is properly taken care of. I bathe the Earth in my nurturing light, but I can also destroy life with my energy... the Senshi of the Harvest, Sailorsun!"
        "My home planet lies in ruin near the center of the solar system, destroyed by monsters like you. I am still here to carry on its legacy as one of the Last Senshi. The forger of the jewels of battle, I am Sailorvulcan, the Senshi of Destructive Fire!"
        The seamonster started to sneak away as Vulcan was doing her spiel. Soldierhyperion instantly got in his way. "You wouldn't want to leave before finding out who I am. As a member of the Satellite Senshi, I protect the planets of this solar system. My home is the moon Hyperion. I am Soldierhyperion, Gatekeeper of the Sun!"
        These intruders were trying Sailortriton's patience. "Those were some very nice little speeches, but you're not needed here..."
        The other senshi were not listening. Soldierhyperion took a sunflower out of a fold in his cape. "Sunflower Explosion!" He casually tossed the flower at the seamonster. It exploded, blowing the creature across the courtyard in a shower of tiny sunflowers.
        "Waaaaaaaaa ah!" the monster screamed as it careened through the air, landing on its head.
        Triton gasped. "Stop it! You'll hurt him! He's just a dumb animal."
        "That'sh an awfuwwy mean thing to shay," the monster commented, still on its head.
        Usagi winced at the loud explosion. "Those flowers are dangerous! You shouldn't explode them in a university courtyard."
        Gently, Soldierhyperion moved her back. "Look out, this could get messy."
        Sailorsun held her scythe out in front of her, the handle perpendicular to her body. "Prominence Whip..." The scythe transformed into a flaming whip in her hands. "...Snap!" She menacingly wielded the whip of flame, cracking its tip on the seamonster's body.
        "Yeeeeeeeooooooow !" he cried. He ran for the nearest door. Students near the door screamed and scattered.
        Stepping forward, Sailorvulcan raised her staff to her forehead. The diamond in its crest began to glow from within. "Destructive Burning," she said almost sweetly.
        The seamonster's tentacles suddenly burst into flame. "Yaaaaaaaaaaah! Thish washn't shupposed to happen! Stop dwop and wooooooooll!" He ran crazily into the school, heading for the bathroom with his burning tentacles flailing.
        "I don't think he'll be back," Hyperion commented. Then he suddenly grabbed Sailorvulcan and planted a firm, passionate kiss on her mouth. "I'm so glad you weren't hurt."
        Vulcan lightly pushed him away, blushing. "Do you always have to do that?"
        Angrily Sailortriton bopped Hyperion on the head with her trident. "Don't be so happy. Why did you three have to go so overboard? He was just a little seamonster."
        "But he ruined orientation," Sailorsun interjected. "Troublemakers must be taught a proper lesson, or else they will return with stronger allies. We should have learned that lesson by now." As she said these words, Sailorsun looked right at Usagi. "Unless you all enjoy the wars."
        The other senshi looked at each other with troubled expressions. She knew their identities?
        Putting her sly smile back on, Sailortriton relaxed her stance. "Of course, I do not appreciate the wars. You are right, Sun-sama. I will find the seamonster and finish him off." She ran into the school in the direction that the monster had gone.
        Carefully Sailorvulcan gathered Usagi's brooch into her hands. "Here you are, Sailormoon. It is not damaged."
        "How do you know who I am?" Usagi asked with exasperation.
        Vulcan reassured her with a gentle, pretty smile. "I am the forger of the jewels of battle, Sailormoon. It is I who gave my sweat and my energy to make the brooch that you hold in your hand. I created all of the talismans that you use. All of you. Because of this, I have a special connection with each talisman. I can feel their connections to you. You are known to me by the talismans that you keep."
        "But you were not there when I received each new brooch and wand..."
        Sailorvulcan explained, "The talismans were forged before the first war against the Moon Kingdom. They were kept in a secret room where the enemy could not find them. When the Kingdom was threatened, each talisman chose a soldier worthy of wielding them for eternity. This permanently linked these talismans with your souls. They became pure energy and were made a part of you. You cannot wield each talisman until you have evolved into it. At the time that you have earned the responsibility of such power, then your talisman will emerge and evolve too. For the time being, though, all future talismans are encased within the energy of your bodies."
        "Then is it possible that I could evolve further?" Usagi asked.
        "It is a certainty."
        "What about those of us who do not wield a talisman?" Makoto questioned.
        "Even you have talismans. They are just not physical objects you can hold, like a staff. Instead, you wield intangibles, like the thunderbolt, and the spirit of the oak, Jupiter-san."
        Sailorsun cut in, "A new war has just begun for us. I see a dark shape eclipsing the sun in my dreams. I have not seen such a thing for a long while. We must prepare."
        "How do we know we can trust you? We have never seen you before... in this life," Haruka remarked.
        "I would say the same thing of you," Sun retorted.
        Usagi had heard this before. "Let's not begin the arguing and estrangement this time. We will fight together. I admit, I thought your methods were a bit drastic, but I feel I can trust you three. Especially you, Sailorvulcan."
        "But Dumpling--"
        "We will fight together!" Usagi snapped. "You must trust me, Haruka-san."
        Haruka nodded, feeling humbled. "Of course."
        "Put you in your place," Michiru teased.
        Suddenly, Sailorvulcan grasped her head in her hands and stumbled badly. Soldierhyperion caught her up in his arms to support her with a gentle embrace. "Kitaeru?!"
        She shook with the effort of speaking through a haze of pain. "A talisman is crying out in agony. A senshi has been pierced through her Soul Shield . She is dying! Her soul is enshrouded in darkness!"
        "Who?!" Ami cried.
        "The keeper of the bow and arrow of flame. She is being murdered... she is murdering herself!"
        "REI!" Usagi anguished.

"My best friend Rei is in terrible danger! I have to find her before our new enemy hurts her any further. But what did Sailorvulcan mean, that Rei was murdering herself? I do not understand. I just want to save my friend! The soldier of the moon will not fail. Hold on Rei! Pretty Soldier Sailormoon Dark: University Orientation Part 3. An opening born of fire. The moonlight carries the message of love."

----------------------------------------------------

On to Episode 3: University Orientation Part 3. An opening born of fire.
Back to Episodes
Back to Sailormoon Dark