Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Sailormoon Dark ❯ Episode 9: The Birth of the Dark Daughter. Dolls and Cats and Seamonsters, Oh My! ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]




Sailormoon Dark: Episode Nine
"Birth of the Dark Daughter. Dolls and Cats and Seamonsters, Oh My!"

written by Laurel Wilson ( Sailorhathor@aol.com )
Inspired by the Japanese animated show Pretty Soldier Sailormoon.
The ideas for this fanfic were conceived in 1995, but this actual episode was written in November 2000.


"At last, my beautiful daughter of evil is born. Now we can build the machine together."
"The machine, my Queen?"
"Yes, the Dream Eater. The machine that will devour the light. It is the most beautiful thing of moon legend, besides myself. And I want it."
"Sometimes I forget just how modest you are, Mommy Dearest."
"Thank... you. Hm."
Pretty Soldier Sailormoon Dark Episode 9: Birth of the Dark Daughter. Dolls and Cats and Seamonsters, Oh My! The moonlight carries the message of love.


        The cauldron water had settled into a rolling boil when Sailorsulphur checked on it again. "It is ready, my Queen."
        Obviously bored, Darkcosmos turned to the table with hope that this would be more interesting than just sitting around this place. "Good. How do we give birth to my Dark daughter?"
        "First, we need a vessel for her, and the cat." Sailorarsenic held up the dolls she had fashioned from fabric, yarn, and string. The girl doll had blue hair in Chibiusa's style, and the kitty doll was black like Luna.
        Darkcosmos sighed. "I told you her hair was pink."
        "I am sorry, my Queen. I ran out of pink yarn."
        "Oh well, it will have to do." Sailordarkcosmos stood, approaching the table with a curious expression. "Now what do we do with the dolls?"
        "We put them in the cauldron. To that, we add the Dark halves of the Soul Shields." As she spoke, Sulphur put in the necessary items. The halves of the Shields shone with dark ominous auras. "Then Sailorarsenic and I put in a dash of each of our own kind of manipulation magic." She smashed several of the sulphur urchins with her pestle. They cried, "Boom!" and "Poof!" as they were crushed in a puff of smoke. Once they had been turned into pungent yellow powder, Sailorsulphur poured them into the cauldron.
        Arsenic removed one of the tiny pouches from the fringe of her jacket, and emptied its contents into the water.
        "Hm, fascinating. Perhaps Albatross would like some of our special poison soup," Darkcosmos taunted.
        Sailoralbatros s tried to ignore her, continuing to stare at the boarded-up window.
        "You twit, there's nothing outside that window. It's been boarded up."
        Albatross was silent.
        Raising their hands over the cauldron, Sailorsulphur and Sailorarsenic recited the magic phrase that would bring the Dark Shields to life. "Dark Half, claim your vessel and return to life." They waved their fingers as they lifted their hands up--a black cloud followed their fingers higher and higher, until it rose above their reach. The cloud took the form of a woman, the Dark Half glowing in her chest before she fully took form. There above the cauldron floated the child Sailordarkcosmos had wanted so much, dressed in a very childlike polkadot dress with lacy bloomers. Her hair imitated Chibiusa's style but it was blue, like the doll's curly yarn hair. In her arms she held a black cat wearing the golden jeweled tiara of the future Luna.
        "Come down, my daughter. My Baby Baby Love." Darkcosmos instantly extended her hand to the floating girl.
        Baby Baby Love opened her eyes slowly. "Mother?" She took Sailordarkcosmos' hand and levitated smoothly down to the floor. "Where am I? Where is my Elios?"
        "All will be explained, my daughter. Please, sit down and rest for a bit."
        "But I want my beautiful Pegasus. He's mine and I want him now!" She childishly stomped her foot. "He chose me!"
        "In due time, you will have your handsome Pegasus with you. But right now, he has not been fragmented like you have, and he will not come to you. If you work with me, I will see to it that you have your Pegasus by your side soon."
        This seemed to placate Baby Baby Love; she took a seat with a sigh. "Tell me about your plan."
        From the shadows floated a ball that looked like Luna's head--it was Luna-P. Somehow it had followed Sailordarkcosmos and Triton from the future in pursuit of Chibiusa. "Luna-P!" Baby Baby Love cried. She hugged the ball to her chest. Seeming to recognize her, Luna-P suddenly gained an oval mirror in the middle of its forehead, just like the one Baby Baby Love had on her forehead, in the same place.
        Dark Luna hopped off of the girl's lap; she had never liked being near that silly looking toy of Chibiusa's. "Sailordarkcosmos, I presume? What have you brought me here for?"
        Taking a seat, Darkcosmos took the cat on her lap. "I have a wonderful final goal; you just won't believe what I have planned!" she giggled maniacally. "The thing is, though, that I'm not sure how to reach my goal without help. I need a great weapon of destruction."
        "Aha. As always, you are too simple minded to get the job done on your own," Dark Luna replied. Baby Baby Love snickered behind her hand in reaction. The cat dodged Darkcosmos' hand as she tried to strike her. "Meow, only kidding, my Queen. Actually, there is a great weapon of destruction you can use for your purposes. I never told you about it because Queen Serenity rejected its design all those years ago. She ordered that the blueprints be destroyed after one look at them. The machine was designed as the last effort of a falling kingdom--it would destroy the enemy quite thoroughly with its massive powers, but at a high cost. The machine got all its power from the Talismans."
        "That is why Queen Serenity rejected its design?"
        "Yes. To sacrifice one's Talisman to power such a machine would mean exhaustion of one's power and death."
        "How do I build this machine?" Sailordarkcosmos asked.
        Dark Luna smugly licked at her paw. "If you just want to destroy something, why don't you get Sailordarksaturn to do it for you? I see her right over there, in the corner. Or better yet, why don't you just destroy it yourself with your Cosmos power?"
        This seemed to anger Darkcosmos. With a furrowed brow, she answered, "Saturn's power is exhaustable. She destroys one thing and she dies."
        "One very BIG thing..." a voice said from the corner.
        "That is useless to me," Darkcosmos continued pointedly. "I need this machine. Tell me how it is built."
        Dark Luna continued to groom herself with her paw. "You didn't answer my second question."
        Without a second thought, Sailordarkcosmos grabbed the cat by the scruff of the neck and threw her at the snickering Baby Baby Love sitting nearby. "Stop toying with me! You will be loyal, or I will disintegrate your Soul Shield at once!"
        Baby Baby Love tried not to show her annoyance at having the cat thrown in her face. "I have shown no disloyalty, Mommy Dearest."
        The cat got to her feet. "I am very sorry. Forgive me."
        "That's better. Now, can you recreate these blueprints for this machine? I want it," Sailordarkcosmos declared.
        "Yes, I remember what the blueprints looked like. Should I get to work immediately?" Dark Luna asked.
        "Do you have something more important to do? Baby Baby Love, I have a task for you as well." Holding out her staff, Darkcosmos tapped Luna-P with the Dark Pearl. The oval mirror on its head glowed for several seconds. "I have just instilled Luna-P with the power to detect other senshi. Use her to find Elementals, brainwash them, and bring them back here. We need them as reinforcements. If it turns out they are not of much help, at least we will have their Talismans to feed to the machine."
        Baby Baby Love whispered to Luna-P, as if she was sharing a secret. "Okay, we'll go out right now."
        Sudden voices came from the shadows. "We don't need any help from any weak old Elementals. We can take care of the goodie-goodie senshi by ourselves."
        Sailordarkc osmos laughed at them. "If that's true, then go out and do it." She turned back to Dark Luna, who was already mulling over an empty sheet of paper with a pencil tucked behind her ear. "Dark Luna, what is this machine of destruction called, anyway?"
        "The Dream Eater."
        "The Dream Eater... how poetic! All of my most precious dreams of being an ordinary girl with an ordinary life were destroyed years ago, so now it's my turn to destroy some dreams..." Thinking about her plans at length, Sailordarkcosmos sat down and began to wring her hands together, a frighteningly sinister smile on her face.
        Sulphur leaned over to Arsenic. "Do you ever get the feeling that we're the only sane ones in the group?"
        "Sanity is overrated," Sailorarsenic whispered back.

       & nbsp;The minute she stepped in her apartment, Vivian knew that Siggy was up to something. For one thing, the entire place smelled like fish. That meant he had been out of his tank. "Siggy?"
        Suddenly, as she walked through the apartment, Vivian noticed them. Wet tentacle tracks! All over the rug in the hall, the kitchen counter, the couch in the living room! The remote on the coffee table sat in a puddle of aquarium water. Even the toaster in the kitchen was wet. "Siggy!" Then she saw the ultimate horror... wet tentacle tracks... ALL OVER HER BED! "SIGGYYYYYYY!"
        The answer came from the tank in the living room. "Yesh?"
        "What were you doing on my bed?!" Vivian charged into the living room. "SIGGY!" she bellowed.
        There he was in his aquarium, tentacles wrapped in waterproof bandages, eating a toasted tuna sandwich. He was also reading one of Vivian's "Cosmo" magazines. "I'm injuwed! I wanted to take a nap whiwe you wewe gone."
        "So you slept on my bed? And what's that you're reading? That's my new 'Cosmo'! You've gotten it all wet!"
        "I wanted to take the qwuiz."
        "The quiz?! Why would a seamonster need to take a love quiz?!"
        "You nevew know when I might meet a speciaw wady," Siggy replied.
        Scowling, Vivian snatched the "Cosmo" out of his tentacle. "Do you know how long it's going to take me to dry this out?"
        Siggy tried to make a quick save. "Ohhh, my tentacwesh huwt! I need mowe medishine."
        Vivian, narrowing her eyes, looked at her watch. "It hasn't been that long since I gave you those painkillers, but I guess two more pills won't hurt."
        "And bwing me shome icshe cweam too! Chocowate!"
        Her eye twitching with barely controlled annoyance, Vivian simply turned and headed for the kitchen.
        Suddenly there was a knock at the door. Vivian scrambled back into the living room. "That could be someone who shouldn't see you, like my new 'friend,' 'Nori. I've got to cover your tank. You stay out of sight, got me?"
        "You mean it couwd be Shaiwowshun? Oh, she'sh sho pwetty! I wanna she hew!" Siggy declared.
        "No! Stay out of sight."
        The person at the door knocked again. Vivian quickly tossed a decorative blanket over Siggy's tank. An audible, "Awww..." came from underneath it. She answered the door.
        It was 'Nori. Her eyes swam with emotion. "Um, Vivian... I'm sorry if I'm troubling you, but... after our talk today... we can be friends, can't we? I can share my problems with you?"
        "Sure! Sure 'Nori. Would you like to come in for a little while?"
        Two green eyes peeked from under the blanket. "It'sh 'Nowi. It'sh Shaiwowshun."
        'Nori came into the apartment. "You know that old boyfriend I told you about... Endymion?"
        "Yes, I remember." How could I forget, after the way you went on about him? Vivian thought as she closed the door behind 'Nori.
        "Well, when we were in love... that is, when we went together... it was some distance from here... and I was not sure if I would ever see him again. Today, we met by chance." 'Nori's eyes shined, and she wrung her hands together anxiously. Vivian thought this made her look like a crazy, obsessed person. "At first, it had been so long, he didn't remember me. But then I reminded him of something he could never forget. He remembered then. Endymion remembered everything."
        "How do you think he feels about you now?" With a bit of alarm, Vivian noticed that 'Nori was getting awfully close to Siggy's tank. Her eyes darted from 'Nori to the tank nervously.
        "I can't really be sure. I know I surprised him. Maybe even startled him. It's been a long time."
        Vivian's alarm grew when she saw a wet bandaged tentacle poke out from under the blanket, followed by a peeking eye. The tentacle slowly crept toward 'Nori's skirt. "Um, 'Nori, maybe you should go find Endymion and talk to him. Catch up on old times."
        "Do you think there's a chance we could get back together?" 'Nori asked giddily. "Do you think... maybe... he still loves me?"
        Behind her back, 'Nori didn't notice that Siggy had lifted up the edge of her skirt just a little and was happily getting an eyeful. Vivian angrily charged at the tank and smacked his tentacle. There was a muffled, "Ow!"
        "What was that?" 'Nori asked.
        "There was a humongous bug behind you. I swatted it."
        "Oh. So, what do you think? Do you think maybe..." 'Nori's face was hopeful.
        "Of course it's possible. I mean, you're an attractive girl. Maybe he doesn't have a girlfriend."
        At that, 'Nori's face fell. "I'm pretty sure he does have a girlfriend."
        Vivian smiled mischievously. "Then steal him away from her. All's fair in love and war, right? He was in love with you once; perhaps you have something his new girlfriend does not that will win him over again."
        A knowing smile slowly crept over 'Nori's face. "Perhaps I do. Thank you for the advice. You really are my friend!" She hugged Vivian happily. "I'm going to go find Endymion right now and... talk over old times."
        "Well good! You go get 'im 'Nori. Good luck!"
        Once she had seen 'Nori out, Vivian stomped back into the living room and whipped the blanket off the tank. "What did you think you were doing?! You could have been caught, and you would have blown everything!"
        Siggy pouted. "She wash sho pwetty. And the 'Cosmo' qwuiz shaid I wash a shtud. I couwdn't hewp myshewf."
        "A stud?" Vivian chortled.
        Siggy's pout deepened. "You hit me."
        Still giggling mockingly, Vivian patted his head. "I'm sorry, but I had to stop you. Now, do you still want those painkillers?"
        "Yesh," Siggy replied. "And the chocowate icshe cweam."


         "Are you sure you don't want a ride to the Cherry Hill temple?" Haruka asked, standing on her front porch.
        Usagi nodded her head. "That's okay, the walk isn't that far. You see to your guests."
        Standing on the porch next to Haruka were Ban and Kitaeru. They grinned when guests were mentioned, as they were the guests.
        "Yes. My guests." Haruka smiled back, a put-on smile. If Kitaeru was in league with the enemy, she needed to find out about it.
        Usagi and Makoto, waving at the others, headed down the driveway and toward Cherry Hill.
        "Come in, and meet the other resident of our home, Professor Tomoe." Haruka led Kitaeru and Ban into the house she shared with the other Outer Senshi.
        "Professor Tomoe? The famous scientist?"
        "Yes, his groundbreaking research has gained him quite a bit of press in the last few years. He's also Hotaru's father," Haruka explained as she opened the door to Professor Tomoe's study.
        For some reason, Setsuna was already in the room with the professor, and they were both laughing like one of them had told a very funny joke. Setsuna abruptly stopped laughing when Haruka opened the door; a crimson blush crept into her cheeks.
        "Sorry to interrupt, Professor Tomoe. I thought you might like to meet our guests. This is Chochin Ban, and Tama Kitaeru."
        "You were not interrupting," Professor Tomoe assured with a warm smile. "Pleased to meet you." He bowed to them.
        Ban and Kitaeru bowed back very respectfully. "Pleased to meet you too."
        "Setsuna, Kitaeru would like to take a look at your book, the one you brought home."
        "Oh, yes, I put it on the table in the living room." Setsuna obviously didn't plan on leaving Professor Tomoe's study anytime soon.
        "Thank you." Haruka bowed to the two of them. "I'll let you get back to your conversation." She led Ban and Kitaeru out and closed the double doors behind them.
        Michiru was already in the living room flipping through the Itsubun of the Past. "You should read some of this, Haruka. It's very interesting."
        "You know I'm not much of a reader, Michiru."
        "No, you're more of a do-er. Where's Setsuna?"
        "In there with Professor Tomoe," Haruka replied.
        Michiru grinned, a small telltale smile.
        Kitaeru sat down at the table. "May I?"
        Michiru agreeably slid the Itsubun across the table. The others sat down as Kitaeru began to thumb through the book. It did not take long for her to find something that interested her.
        "There's something in here about Sailorrhea and someone named Soldierchronus."
        Even Haruka became interested in this. "It's important to know as much as we can about such a mysterious senshi. Please read it aloud."
        Nodding, Kitaeru began to read the passage, written from Sailorsun's point of view. " 'Queen Serenity asked me to attend a trial today to take notes; it is perhaps the most important trial the Moon Kingdom has ever seen. It is the first time a senshi has ever been tried for the murder of another senshi.' " She stopped to look at the others with worry. "Murder?"
        "Read on," Haruka said, sitting down closer to Kitaeru.
        " 'I've known for some time that Sailorrhea and Soldierchronus were an item, but I did not know until now that they were serious enough to be planning marriage. If only Endymion would ask me the same question, the one I long to hear...' "
        "Endymion?!" Michiru exclaimed. She and Haruka exchanged troubled glances.
        Kitaeru quickly continued. " 'I also knew, however, that even though they loved each other, their relationship was rocky. Chronus' temper, it seems, extended past our enemies--he beat Rhea on more than one occassion. I'm not sure why she put up with it, but Queen Serenity tried to intervene, and on each occassion, Rhea begged that Chronus be forgiven. It's a classic pattern.' "
        "A dangerous pattern," Michiru added.
        " 'Now that I sit in this trial, listening to the details of the murder, I feel guilty that I did nothing to encourage Sailorrhea to leave this destructive relationship before something serious happened. Truth be told, I wasn't fond of her nor Chronus. They used their positions as the male and female leaders of the Satellite Senshi as an excuse to degrade the senshi from the asteroid Icarus, the Witches. They publically ridiculed them as superstitious, stupid pagans on more than one occassion, as if they were so much better. The way they strutted around with their superior attitude, it really made me dislike them. But I never would have had something like this happen. I wouldn't wish this fate on anyone."
        Michiru considered what had been read of Sailorsun's writings. "Do you think that is why Rhea was serving the Witches, as a domestic? Could that have been part of her sentence?"
        "We might find out; the book goes on here. 'It came out in the trial that Sailorrhea had a talk with Soldierchronus the night of the murder about going away to school. He forbade her to go for his own selfish reasons, and when she stood up to him on it, he beat her. According to her own testimony, Rhea became fed up with this sort of treatment, so she got ahold of Chronus' own Talisman, a curved harvesting blade, which he had left resting on the hearth. She made it invisible with her powers so Chronus could not see what she had in her hands as she snuck up with it. Rhea hacked him to death with the Talisman. Witnesses said they were not even sure what was happening because they could not see what Chronus was being struck with until the blade and handle became covered with blood.' "
        "Ew, nice," Michiru quipped out of distaste. "Then what happened?"
        Kitaeru continued reading. " 'For her crime, Sailorrhea was stripped of all her powers, except for those that would allow her to help and serve other senshi. She became the Senshi of Sorrow, destined to grieve and care for all dead senshi, to atone for the murder she committed. Queen Serenity came up with the sentence herself. She also imposed a sentence on the soul of Chronus that decreed that when he was reincarnated, he would have to serve other senshi in a way no one ever has before. They would be cursed with their punishment until they somehow redeemed themselves. Only then could they become full-fledged senshi again.' "
        "This explains a great deal," remarked Haruka. "But what of Soldierchronus?"
        "He was reincarnated as the Tree of Life," Kitaeru said. "I felt it about the tree while I was in the greenhouse. As the tree, Chronus is serving the senshi in a way no one ever has before, just like his sentence entails."
        "...by protecting the body of Sailormars," Ban finished.
        "Rhea still loves him," Kitaeru added. "If you can believe it."
        "No wonder the Witches were so secretive about her..."
        Suddenly, the group's talk was interrupted by the sound of a small explosion in the back yard. An object whacked the back door so hard that they could hear it all the way in the front living room. Kitaeru grabbed Ban's arm with a start. "What was that?!"
        Sighing, Haruka said, "Hotaru..."
        Setsuna stood at the back door examining a dent in its surface left by a flying brick. She shook her head with some amusement at Haruka and the others as they passed into the back yard. Professor Tomoe was already there, making sure Hotaru was alright.
        "What on Earth..." Ban exclaimed as he took in the scene.
        There was Hotaru, wearing a pair of protective goggles over her eyes and standing behind a sheet of shatterproof glass. On the other side of the glass were the remains of a stack of bricks that had been propping up a flower pot. The flower pot and the plant in it had been completely destroyed. Little pieces of green plant matter were everywhere.
        Haruka put her hands on her hips. "Hotaru, what have I told you? Aim your targets away from the house," she scolded.
        Looking, Hotaru realized that she had the glass sheet sideways, so that the fallout from her practice could very well hit the house. "Oops, I'm sorry! And I dented the back door, too."
        Professor Tomoe laughed lightly. "Perhaps we should buy her another sheet of shatterproof glass to put behind the target."
        "That's a good idea." Haruka looked at the damage. "Your practice is working. You were able to hold back. Some of the bricks were left intact."
        "And you didn't destroy the fence this time," Michiru added.
        "She... held back?" Ban asked. He and Kitaeru both sweatdropped.
        "Yes. Hotaru is trying to develop a less destructive attack by practicing the exercise of control," Michiru replied.
        "Why would she want a weaker attack?" Kitaeru questioned.
        "Because all of her current attacks are so destructive they ultimately kill her too as well as the enemy. We want Hotaru to be able to help in the battles without harming herself. The only way to do that is for her to gain control over the destructive force of her power," explained Haruka.
        Both Kitaeru and Ban nodded. "That's smart."
        Hugging her father, Hotaru frowned sadly at the litter of plant matter on the ground. "I did gain more control. But I still killed the plant." She sighed. "I don't enjoy killing."
        Michiru sympathetically ruffled Hotaru's hair. "Would you like to come inside now?"
        "No, I'd like to practice some more."
        Everyone went back inside except for Hotaru and Kitaeru. Ban hung back too, in the doorway, to see why his girlfriend was staying out here... what she wanted to see. They watched Hotaru turn the stand that held the sheet of glass so it was facing the way Haruka had instructed. Then she placed another stack of bricks and another plant on the opposite side of the glass before putting her goggles back on.
        "Concentrate. Hold back," Hotaru whispered to herself. Within seconds, purple energy shone around the bricks and the plant like an aura. All began to shake.
        Kitaeru's eyes grew a little bigger. Such control the girl had at her age! She herself had almost no control over her powers while not transformed. At any time, Kitaeru could be totally debilitated by the agony of another senshi, while at other times, she couldn't even tell someone standing right next to her was a senshi at all. Spontaneous fires sprang up in reaction to various emotional situations she was put in, fires she could not control. But this young girl... she could aim the energy she possessed, and hold its power at bay long enough to keep her target from exploding until she wanted it to. All that as Hotaru, not Sailorsaturn.
        "Remarkab le," Kitaeru breathed.
        Suddenly the back yard became deathly quiet as the pot rose off the pile of bricks, shaking even more violently. Ban heard the sound rushing back as the flower pot and the plant within it burst like a firecracker. The breaking sound seemed so loud after that short period of silence. Pieces of the hard clay pot and plant matter showered the sheet of unbreakable glass. Both Ban and Kitaeru jumped from the noise of the explosion. Hotaru did not flinch.
        "Oh my... that was amazing," Kitaeru told her.
        "I killed the plant again," was the only comment Hotaru had.
        "But look! You didn't break any of the bricks this time," Ban pointed out.
        She did look, and had to smile. "You're right. I didn't destroy the bricks. Not a single one."
        "That's an improvement, right?"
        Hotaru smiled wider. "I guess it is!"
        Inside the house, Michiru was skimming through the Itsubun again. "What are you looking for?" Haruka asked.
        "I want to see if there's anything in here about Sailortriton."
        Haruka sat nearby, on the couch. "Looking for anything in particular?"
        "Hm, well, my memories of her from our past lives are sketchy, but... troubling."
        "Like what?"
        "I remember falling down a flight of stairs and spraining my ankle, not to mention bruising myself up. When I looked up, Princess Triton was at the top of the stairs... and her foot was out, as if she'd tripped me. There was the most evil expression on her face... then suddenly, she acted like she was horrified that I had fallen and was concerned for my safety. That's about it," Michiru explained.
        "Huh." Placing a protective hand on her shoulder, Haruka said, "We better keep an eye on her. Don't turn your back, if you know what I mean."
        "I know what you mean. The vibes are still there. I don't think her feelings toward me have changed."
        "She was a member of your court. Second in line for the princesshood of Neptune. Yes?"
        "Yes." Michiru sighed. "It's all coming together now. The more I think about it, the more it disturbs me. I know she helped us today, but it could just be a part of the way she manipulates people, like she did during the time of the Silver Millenium. No one ever suspected that she was trying to hurt me."
        After a long pause, Haruka admitted, "Not even me."
        Suddenly there came a bloodchilling shriek from the back yard. By the time the others got there, Kitaeru was writhing on the ground, obviously in terrible pain. Ban had taken her in his arms and was crying, "What is it, baby?!" Even more dramatic than that was the fact that several of the bushes that lined the fence were completely engulfed in flames. Hotaru was scrambling around, her goggles still down over her eyes, trying to get the water hose out so she could extinguish the fire.
        Professor Tomoe and Setsuna immediately went to help Hotaru. Kneeling next to Ban, Michiru asked, "What's the matter with Kitaeru?!"
        "It's like how she reacted when Sailormars was being attacked. A senshi must be in trouble!" Ban declared.
        "What about these fires?!"
        "When this happens to Kitaeru, sometimes spontaneous fires start around her. Another after effect of her powers. Kitaeru? Please, come back to me! Whoever you are, let her go!"
        Kitaeru shrieked again. "I can't breathe! I can't... breathe..."
        Haruka suddenly gasped and cried, "Cherry Hill!"


      & nbsp; Usagi and Makoto climbed the stairs to the Cherry Hill temple, unaware of what they would find. As they reached the top step, Usagi turned toward the temple and saw Ami running at her.
        "Usagi, run!"
        "Ami-chan!" Was that blood all over the front of Ami's shirt?! "What happ-"
        Before Usagi could finish her question, there was a whistling sound as something whirled through the air and struck Ami in the back. Ami let out a brief shriek before her eyes rolled up in her head and she collapsed into Usagi's arms.
        "AMI-CHAN!" She realized with horror that a thick double-edged blade, sharp on both ends and thinner in the middle, was sticking out of Ami's back.
        "Minako!" Makoto yelled. Across the plaza, Minako was lying motionless on the ground. A Sailorvenus in a different fuku stood over her with a chain made of ivy wrapped around her neck. The Dark Venus was still pulling the chain tight, her foot grinding into Minako's shoulder for leverage.
        Another Sailormercury leapt down from a nearby tree, throwing a second blade at Usagi. It flew like a boomerang. Usagi ducked just in time for the blade to miss her, and glide back to Sailordarkmercury's waiting hand.
        "What was that?!" Usagi noticed that the blade sticking out of Ami's back had two intertwined snakes painted on it, while the one that had just been thrown at her was painted with purple wings. Both blades were stained with Ami's blood. That was all Usagi could see before her eyes clouded over with tears.
        "Did you get my telegram, Ami?" Sailordarkmercury quipped. "I don't see how you could have missed it, considering that my Messenger Blade is protruding from your back."
        Hearing this, Sailordarkvenus finally took notice of Usagi and Makoto. Her Ivy Vine chain retracted back to the wand from which it came, leaving Minako motionless on the ground, with a deep crimson ring around her neck. "Darkjupiter and Darkcosmos are going to be sorry they didn't come along now. Maybe we should bring their Soul Shields back and surprise them!"
        Makoto raised her transformation wand and angrily growled, "Jupiter Crystal Power, Make-up!"
        All Usagi could do was hold the limp body of her fallen friend and weep helplessly. How could she help if she did not know how to transform into Sailorcosmos again? Maybe... maybe her brooch would work. It still looked like her Eternal Moon brooch, but it was worth a try. I can't let Mako-chan face these Dark senshi by herself! Maybe I can be Eternalsailormoon again.
        "MOON ETERNAL, MAKE-UP!"

"Luna, what do I do?! Ami and Minako are so badly injured, and Sailorjupiter is in grave danger unless I can help her fight. I must transform!"
"Somehow, you have to become Sailorcosmos again, Usagi. It's your only chance!"
"But how, Luna?! Who is that blue-haired girl who brought reinforcements for the Dark senshi? She looks like Chibiusa! Luna, please, help me! I can't let anyone else die!"
Sailormoon Dark Episode 10: Jupiter Rides the Lightning. Please Transform Me into Sailorcosmos! The moonlight carries the message of love.

----------------------------------------------------

On to Episode 10: Jupiter Rides the Lightning. Please Transform Me into Sailorcosmos!
Back to Episodes
Back to Sailormoon Dark