Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Sailormoon Dark ❯ A Rune Divided II. The Fortunetelling Trident. ( Chapter 36 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]




Sailormoon Dark: Episode Thirty-Six
"A Rune Divided II. The Fortunetelling Trident."

Written by Laurel ( Sailorhathor@aol.com )
Inspired by the Japanese animated show Pretty Soldier Sailormoon.
The ideas for this fanfic were conceived in 1995, but this actual episode was written in early 2006.


"We are fed up with seeing the Dark Senshi defeated. Our victories are so few and far between. We're taking over. Right, Sailordarkneptune?"
"Right, Sailordarkuranus."
"What is going to get the job done?"
"Bigger and more dangerous weapons."
"The death of more goodie-goodie senshi."
"A skilled and capable team of darkness."
"It all works for me."
"Right, Darkuranus."
Pretty Soldier Sailormoon Dark Episode 36: A Rune Divided II. The Fortunetelling Trident. The moonlight carries the message of love.



        "Di d they just say what I think they said?" Sailorcopper exclaimed to her cohort across the roof.
        "They said they didn't find our weapons impressive," Sailornickel replied incredulously.
        "How can that be? Our weapons are so cool!" Copper stroked the barrel of her Harpoon Gun, and aimed it at Sailorhelium and Sailorneon. "If I took a poll, you'd find that most people would think my Harpoon Gun was totally cool."


      &nbs p; Helium and Neon leapt to opposite sides of the roof so they didn't make such easy targets. "Well, let's take a poll right now. Sailorneon, do you think her gun is cool?"
        "You've seen one gun, you've seen them all. How about you, Sailorhelium?"
        Helium faked a yawn.
        Copper stomped one bow-bedecked pump on the ground in anger. "What do you know?! What are your weapons but a lame glowing rod that looks like a... hey, that looks like a glowstick. Cool. I got one of those at the festival last - "
        "Sailorcopper!" Nickel screeched.
        Copper cringed. "Oh, right. Copper Harpoon Strike!" Sailorcopper pulled the trigger on the gun, shooting the sharp projectile at Sailorhelium.
        Helium barely had time to get out of the way. She leapt to one side, and the Harpoon struck the cement ledge behind her, sticking into it and sending chips of stone flying up in a dusty spray. "Helium Levitate!"
        Sailorcopper wasn't prepared as she was lifted ten feet into the air, hanging there as if held up by an invisible giant. "Heeeey!" Her Harpoon was attached to the gun by thin copper wiring; she tried to retract it by pressing a button on the gun, but it was stuck too deeply in the cement ledge. Sailorcopper yanked on the wire to no avail. "Can you let me down so I can get my Harpoon out of the wall?"
        "As if," Sailorhelium said with a roll of her eyes.
        Sailorneon saw that Baby Baby Love was hypnotizing Ji with the swirly sucker. She started toward her, but Sailornickel blocked Neon's way.
        Neon pointed at the rod in Nickel's hand. "Mine is shiny. Yours is not."
        Sailornickel smirked. "It may not glow, but it has its tricks."
        "Why do you refer to it as the Nickel Gate? It's a rod."
        Nickel shrugged. "Nickel Gate Unfold." She pressed a button on one end of the rod. With split-second speed, the rod unfolded into a gate made of nickel that seemed it would have no end; it headed right for Sailorneon.
        She tried to deflect it. "Neon Laser Break!" Her neon bullets were useless against the metal gate, and it slammed into her, shoving her along until it trapped her against the cement wall that formed the ledge around the perimeter of the roof. Neon screamed in surprise and pain. The Gate was nearly crushing her. "I had to ask..." Neon wheezed.
        "Sailorneon!" Helium cried.
        "Just save Yochi-san!" Neon yelled back.
        Sailorhelium turned to see Baby Baby Love taking a hypnotized Ji by the arm. She prepared to create a portal for the two of them to use to get back to Dark Senshi Headquarters. Helium started toward them, but a noise she'd been too distracted to investigate had become too loud to ignore. Everyone on the roof looked up to see a news helicopter descending toward them.
        "You've got to be freakin' kidding me..." Sailorhelium sighed.
        Aquamarine Black leaned out the open door of the helicopter, talking into her microphone. A terrified-looking Kamera filmed her from one side while desperately attempting to maintain his balance and not fall out the door.
        The whirring blades of the helicopter came close to Sailorcopper's head; she began to kick her legs and scream, "Get me down! I like my head where it is!"
        The helicopter pilot kept it level so the girl wouldn't be decapitated. But Aquamarine demanded, "Land! Land! I need to interview Yochi-san before she leaves!"
        "I can't land, this roof isn't made for it!" the pilot yelled back. "Don't you see all the powerlines?"
        "Don't you see what's happening?!" Aquamarine pointed at Ji.
        Everyone stared in stunned silence at the helicopter. Even Baby Baby Love. "I highly doubt they approved her to use the helicopter for this." She rotated her hand in midair, creating the Dark portal.
        Aquamarine knew what that was, and that if she didn't act fast, she'd miss her opportunity. "Yochi-san! Why are you being kidnapped by the Dark Senshi? Are you a senshi like your bandmate? Are all of Nobel 6 senshi?"
        "She can't hear you!" Kamera shouted back over the noise of the helicopter.
        "Then we have to get closer!" Aquamarine grabbed him by his collar.
        Sailorhelium pointed at Baby Baby Love. "Helium Lev - " A terrified scream came from above her. Helium was suddenly and unexpectedly squashed by Aquamarine and Kamera as they jumped from the helicopter. Kamera did it against his will, however, and screamed the whole way down.
        Helium just groaned. This broke her concentration, and Sailorcopper fell to the roof.
        "Owww!" she howled in pain.
        From under Aquamarine came Helium's voice. "I should have gotten out of the way when I heard the screaming projectile falling toward me..."
        Aquamarine didn't seem to hear her; in fact, she didn't seem aware she had fallen on anyone at all. She started to get up, her microphone in one hand and Kamera's collar still in the other. "Yochi-san, can we have an interview?" she called.
        But she was too late. Baby Baby Love pulled Ji and herself through the portal.
        Sailornickel yelled, "Hey, don't leave us behind!"
        Baby Baby Love's voice carried back to the roof. "Well come on then."
        "Sailorcopper, you go first. I've got to keep this other senshi at bay," said Nickel.
        Copper was just getting up. "But my Harpoon is still stuck," she whined.
        "Then get it unstuck. And go." Sailornickel saw that Helium was starting to recover. "Hurry!"
        As Sailorcopper tried to yank the Harpoon out of the side of the wall, Aquamarine headed for the portal. Kamera refused to budge. "Are you crazy? I'm not going in there," he said.
        "But it's a great story! We can't pass up this chance," protested Aquamarine. "Come on!"
        He shook his head. "There's no telling what kind of danger is on the other side of that portal."
        "You coward!" Aquamarine tried to take the camera so she could film the story herself, but it was too heavy for her to lift. "It's too heavy for me. You have to come!"
        "A.M., you're obsessed! We are not going in there. Or, at least, I'm not."
        Stomping her feet in frustration, Aquamarine attempted to drag the camera toward the portal.
        "What are you going to do?" Kamera followed after her. "Film people's feet?"
        "If you'd just come with me, I wouldn't be dragging this thing anywhere. Coward," Aquamarine growled.
        Kamera looked hurt. "I'm not a coward," he said defensively. "I just don't want you to be injured."
        As Sailorcopper had successfully dislodged the Harpoon from the wall by putting her foot up against it and yanking as hard as she could, she ran for the portal and jumped in. Nickel pushed the button on the Gate and it retracted back into her rod at lightning speed with a deafening rattle and squeaking of metal. She ran for it, leaving Sailorneon to recover her breath. Helium tried to grab her ankle as she went by, but couldn't reach her, and Nickel escaped into the portal too. It closed behind her.
        Aquamarine turned on Kamera. "Look what you've done! You idiot! I might've been able to sort this all out."
        He said nothing, only stood and looked upset at her words.
        Sailorneon ran to Sailorhelium and helped her up. "You okay? You got squashed."
        "No, I'm not okay." Helium looked at the space where the portal had been. "We failed."


       ;  "Blame me, Heri. I shouldn't have asked why it was called a gate." Hikaru put the smoothies that she'd gotten from the snack shop's kitchen down on the table.
        "Did you get the rum?"
        "Yeah." Hikaru handed over the bottle she'd snuck out of the back office, the one the boss kept in the bottom drawer of his desk.
        Heri poured some into her smoothie. "We don't need to place blame, Hikaru. We just need to figure out where the Dark Senshi's lair is located."
        "Heri..." Hikaru took a seat across from her at the table. "Have you ever considered that maybe these attacks need to happen, to prove to the members of Noble 6 who they are? Maybe we can't protect them from that truth."
        Heri didn't say anything; she just thought it over, nursing her drink.
        Hikaru continued, "Maybe the only way our 'sisters' will discover their past lives is for the Dark Senshi to awaken them."
        "But... a senshi doesn't have to be attacked to discover who they are, right?"
        Hikaru shrugged. "We can't all be visited by talking cats."
        Outside, two young women walked by the snack shop on their way to a local theatre. One had brown hair pulled back into a ponytail, wearing a red hoodie and jeans. The other, more petite girl, with light blue hair, had on a pink top with spaghetti straps and rolled up khakis, with a duffel bag slung over her shoulder.
        "This'll be some good publicity for the new show," Toomichi said, her hands in the pockets of her hoodie. Everyone just called her Michi, though, which could get confusing, considering they were going to the theatre to meet Michiru Kaioh's class for a demonstration.
        "Hai, very good," Miry mused. "I agreed to help Kaioh-san with her class and it turned into a rather big show, with the press expressing interest. We just got the okay to open it up to fans, too."
        "That came through?"
        "Yes. It's going to be such a lovely afternoon," sighed Miry.
        "Especially with the new routine. And you performing it." Michi kissed the side of Miry's head. Miry leaned into it with a simple smile, like they were an old married couple. The affection between them was effortless. "That new costume of yours is stunning, too." Michi opened the door to the dinner theatre for her.
        "Thank you darling." As soon as they stepped inside, they could hear a beautiful singing voice coming from the backstage area. "That must be Nezumi-san practicing for the show."
        "It doesn't sound like her. I mean, the singing is lovely, but that's not her voice." Michi shrugged curiously.
        Miry readjusted her bag on her shoulder. "Well, let's go see who it is, then. See how many other things we can find that are 'lovely.'" With a smirk, she headed for the performer's area.
        Michi smirked back. "Lovely afternoon, lovely voice... lovely performers..."
        Walking slow enough for Michi to catch up, Miry looked back at her. "What do you mean, performerS? There is only one performer you should be finding lovely here."
        Michi just grinned. Teasing Miry was so easy.
        The culprit turned out to be Nezumi's singing coach, Tori. Her "performance" was brief, as it wasn't really a show but a demonstration. She abruptly stopped mid-song. "See, Nezumi, you can perform the song in more than one way. This arrangement of it could be interesting."
        Nezumi cleared her throat. "Tell me if the notes sound right to you." She began to sing the song the way Tori had, warming up.
        Michi listened with rapt interest. Tori had a voice almost as good as Nezumi's, just a bit more subtle. Somehow, as she looked at Miry, smiling and standing next to her, she understood why Tori was happy to simply coach Nezumi instead of being in the spotlight herself. Sometimes, being the person behind the star was enough.


         Peeking around the corner of the main Mirai Mugen building, Vivian spotted Nathan crossing the plaza to the front doors. She grinned to herself and then put on her best lost, searching expression.
        Nathan saw her step out from the side of the building. Why was she glancing around with a frightened look? "Hey Vivian, you okay?"
        She gasped as if he'd startled her. "Oh, it's just you."
        "Who were you expecting?" Nathan got close enough to touch her shoulder. "You're shaking." His expression turned angry in reaction to what he thought was going on. "It's Sigmund, isn't it? He's harassing you again?"
        Vivian nodded and cowered against his chest. He put his arms around her with a smile. "I want to break it off with him, but he won't stop calling me. Saying that no one will ever have me but him. He's scaring me."
        "I thought that things were going alright with ol' Siggy. Why do you want to break up with him?"
        "Because there's someone I care much more about than I ever cared for him." Vivian gave Nathan a coy look. "I want him to be my one and only."
        Nathan smirked down at her. "Oh?"
        "Yes." With a wide-eyed, paranoid expression, Vivian looked all around them, scanning the campus. "He might be watching us right now."
        "Well... then let's give him something to watch." Nathan went in for a kiss.
        Vivian stopped him with a hand on his chest, making a face. "That is a really old joke."
        Shrugging, he replied, "Then let's do it because we want to."
        They shared an enthusiastic kiss.
        As she was musing in disbelief to herself over the fact that she would go to such lengths to hook a younger guy, Vivian heard her cell phone ring. Her phone was nestled inside a cell phone buddy, a stuffed animal with empty insides to leave a place for the phone. It hung from a strap attached to her purse. Vivian grabbed the puppy and answered the call. "Moshi-moshi?"
        Nathan rolled his eyes; how could she answer her phone when they were right in the middle of making out?
        "Triton, get over here!" Sailordarkcosmos barked. "Baby Baby Love has all the senshi we need to carry out the plan. Bring your Trident and get your butt over here now so we can do this."
        Vivian smiled evilly. "I'll be right there."
        Nathan frowned. "Where are you going? I thought we were talking."
        "I've got a very important appointment to keep." She put her arms around his neck. "How about we have dinner at my place tonight?"
        "Okay." Nathan looked away; he wondered if she was really going to meet Sigmund somewhere. He knew how breakups sometimes went. "That would be charm..." He stopped, biting his lip. No, he wouldn't resort to the hypnotic trigger every time he felt rejected. Nathan was actually considering removing the trigger at this point. It had been a fun lark for a while, but now... "That would be great."
        "I'll call you, then." Over his shoulder, she saw Michiru coming out of the building with Haruka and the class behind her. That acidic smile crossed her face again. Today, a senshi will die, she thought. Vivian left him with a kiss.
        "My, my, didn't she run off in a big hurry." Senetsu and Kako were leaning against the building about 20 feet away. Senetsu had spoken first.
        "You think maybe she was going to meet the other guy?" Kako asked with a mischievous grin.
        "Yeah. Judging from how quick she ran, yeah, that was for Siggy." Vivian had told them of her little charade to make Nathan jealous.
        Nathan had considered that himself, but it still hurt to be teased by such horrible little bitches. Their words made him cringe. He turned and faced them. "I really don't know why Viv had to go. But there is something I do know."
        Senetsu grinned at Kako. "He thinks he knows something about Vivian." They both giggled. "When there's so much he doesn't know. How could he know anything for sure?"
        "This isn't about Vivian." Nathan took Ganymede's Tear out of his pocket. "It's about the two of you char-ming women."


         Michiru instructed her class to pile into the van that would take them all to the Starlight Room, the dinner theatre where Miry and Michi had gone. Michiru and Haruka sat in the front and Haruka drove, neither having any idea that the Dark Senshi were plotting against them specifically.
        "You promised that you'd get me a really good Talisman. You've been failing a lot lately," complained Sailordarkcosmos. She glared at Baby Baby Love and Sailordarkmercury, who flanked a table on which laid an unconscious Ji. "You're sure this plan will nab me something good?"
        "Would the Aqua Mirror and the Space Sword be good?" asked Baby Baby Love.
        Darkcosmos pretended to think it over, then hopped around the room happily. "I'm getting good Talismans, I'm getting good Talismans!" she sing-songed. "I can finally get the Dream Eater up and running! You have no idea how boring it can get just sitting around here eating junk food and looking beautifully evil."
        Baby Baby Love and Darkmercury looked at each other, amazed. "For you to say that, you must be bored." Baby Baby Love moved to one side of the table. "Ji-san has the Soul Shields of the Radon senshi and the Peacock senshi inside her. Dark Luna-P detected this yesterday."
        As it heard itself being spoken of, the robot that looked like a cat head floated into view on the opposite side of the table. The mirror on its forehead flashed.
        "Dark Luna-P has developed new, more sophisticated abilities in the last few days. She can now track senshi in a far more specific manner. I know what Soul Shields I am getting before I even extract them. These new features have been most helpful in out latest venture," explained Baby Baby Love.
        "Where did Dark Luna-P get these new features?" Sailordarkcosmos asked.
        "Sailordarkpluto showed me how to tap into the computer console of Crystal Tokyo using the satellite linkup and use it to upgrade Dark Luna-P's software."
        Darkmercury perked up with interest. "Darkpluto knows how to link up with a computer from the future? And download advanced future software?"
        Baby Baby Love gave an enthusiastic nod. "How do you think she spoke to me from the future using Luna-P? Advanced satellite linkup."
        "But a satellite that can send signals back and forth across time... advanced isn't a strong enough word!" Sailordarkmercury practically bounced in her chair at the thought of maybe getting to see or read something dealing with this satellite, like its blueprints.
        Faking a yawn, Darkcosmos whined, "This conversation is soooo BORING! All I asked was how the cat head got smarter, and you told me. Enough about the stupid satellite. Tell me how the senshi you brought in are going to help me get my Talismans."
        Sailordarkm ercury held her tongue, looking down at the floor sheepishly. Inside, she wanted to give Darkcosmos a good, hard slap.
        "Of course, Mommy Dearest." Baby Baby Love winked at Darkmercury, then became all business. "Radon is a good senshi to have around when dealing with Sailoruranus. The element radon is used in earthquake prediction, so she must have some sort of powers that will serve us here. Uranus causes mini seismic disturbances."
        Darkcosm os nodded. "Go on."
        "Then there's Copper and Nickel."
        The two senshi had been sitting and listening in quiet awe. When they heard their names, they jumped up and posed in classic senshi fashion.
        "Sailorcopper! "
        "Sailornickel!"
& nbsp;       "Oooh." Darkcosmos did not use a mocking tone, so they were unprepared for her next comment. "That'd be really impressive if I didn't have several years of senshi service on you both."
        Instead of offending the girls, this remark reminded them to whom they were talking. "You're really Sailormoon, aren't you?" Sailorcopper asked with renewed awe.
        Darkcosmos raised her chin, a bit of defensiveness in her posture. "I once acted as that senshi. But I have evolved." She stood and showed off the Darkcosmos fuku. "Aren't you far more impressed to meet Sailordarkcosmos?"
        The two girls immediately fell to their knees and bowed to her. "You are far more beautiful in this form! We are humbled to be in your presence. We will worship and serve you, Sailordarkcosmos!"
        Dark cosmos smiled arrogantly.
        Sighing, Baby Baby Love said, "Are you finished?"
        "Who's stopping you?" snapped Sailordarkcosmos.
        Baby Baby Love, with a roll of her eyes, replied, "Copper and nickel alloys are used to convert sea water into fresh water. The benefits of using them in the battle against Sailorneptune are obvious."
        Darkcosmos, staring back at her blankly, finally nodded and said, "Oh, oh, yeah. Obvious."
        Darkmercury had to resist the urge to slap her again.
        "Er..." Baby Baby Love leaned slightly forward. "...a combined attack from Sailorcopper and Sailornickel will distill the power of Neptune's attacks. They'll be useless."
        "Oh!" Darkcosmos cried, and added, "I knew that."
        "You did not!" shrieked Darkmercury. As soon as the words were past her lips, she put her hands over her mouth, eyes going wide. Everyone stared at her in surprise. Sailordarkcosmos just glared as if daggers were going to shoot out of her eyes.
        "Gomen nasai," Sailordarkmercury stammered.
        "Why are you apologizing? I've been wanting to tell off this dumbass all morning," declared Baby Baby Love.
        Sailordarkcosmos started to cry loudly. "You're all against me! You hate me!"
        "Don't assume that we hate you just because it would be easy to do so," Darkmercury said, and immediately covered her mouth again. Even she was shocked at the bold things she kept saying.
        "Waaaaaaah!" was Darkcosmos' response.
        "Stop this nonsense!"
        "We'll never get the job done at this rate."
        The two voices had come out of the shadows. The people who had spoken stepped into view - Sailordarkneptune and Sailordarkuranus.
        Coppe r and Nickel bowed deeply to them. "You must be the Dark versions of Sailorneptune and Sailoruranus. We are honored to be in your presence."
        "As well you should be." Darkuranus walked around them with a regal air. Her fuku in Dark form had been modified to a yellow halter top with short sleeves and her navy skirt. "Now that we're here, we can get things going. You got the Shields too?" she asked Baby Baby Love.
        "Of course." Baby Baby Love went to the other side of the room, stepping over two unconscious girls, and retrieved the large Shields that were sitting against the wall. These were not Soul Shields, but real shields, like those used by Roman soldiers, the kind a person could use to block an attack with a weapon. "The Titanium Shield and the Zirconium Shield. I got them from these two girls, who have been fighting as a team independently up north."
        "Obviously, since I've never heard of them," Sailordarkcosmos remarked with boredom.
        "It wasn't hard to get them, with the Dark portals at my disposal. They're worth it. Both titanium and zirconium are resistant to corrosion by sea water." Baby Baby Love gave one to Sailorcopper and one to Sailornickel.
        "Sheilds too? Look at all the nifty things we get as senshi, Niki!" Copper squealed. "This is the coolest gig!"
        "You can't keep those, though," informed Sailordarkcosmos. "When this is done, those go in the Dream Eater."
        Sailordarkneptu ne had, up until this moment, been focusing on her hair, fluffing it in a mirror. Now she turned around with an inquisitive look. "There seems to be a heavy focus on besting my Light half. Why do I have enough backup for four senshi?" Darkneptune stared at her partner. "And you have, what, one Elemental for backup?"
        Darkuranus smirked to herself. "My dear, you need more backup because you'll be using a new, untested weapon. What if it fails? We want to succeed, don't we?"
        "Yes, we definitely do... once our Light halves know we're targeting them, they'll strategize to beat us. We want to kill them while we still have the benefit of surprise," agreed Darkneptune. "Where is this new, untested weapon, anyway?" She glanced around.
        Now that Darkneptune mentioned it, Sailordarkuranus had heard someone scratching at the window behind her for a minute, but she'd ignored it. The scratching became an urgent knock. Darkuranus turned and sauntered over to raise the blinds.
        Vivian stood outside on the grass, being soaked by a passing sprinkler she could not avoid. She cringed and squealed as it sprayed her again on its way by. "Please let me in," she cried at the closed window.
        With another smirk, Sailordarkuranus unlocked and raised the window. "Better hurry before that sprinkler comes around again."
        Vivian climbed in as quickly as she could; her frantic scrambling was quite the comical sight. Darkuranus closed the window before the sprinkler could spray her in the boobs.
        Sailordarkcosmos looked down at Vivian, who was trying to save as much of her dignity as possible as she got up off the floor. "Did I forget to make you a portal so you could get in here?" she asked with a genuinely perplexed expression.
        Vivian's left eye twitched with suppressed rage. "Yes. You did."
        "Oh, sorry. But we're glad you're here. We were just talking - "
        Sailordarkneptune interrupted. "Transform and hand over the Trident."
        Although she was dripping like a drowned rat, Vivian still managed some indignance when she said, "You don't order me around."
        "Yes I do." Darkneptune crossed her arms over her chest. The beads hanging from her bikini top, a part of her Dark fuku, clinked together. "You're a member of my court."
        Vivian pouted in Darkcosmos' direction. "It's my Trident. I want to kill Neptune. Why can't I do it?"
        "Because it was only meant to be used by the senshi of Neptune in emergencies. Not the senshi of Dinky Satellite of Neptune," Darkneptune taunted.
        Sailordarkuran us snorted a laugh.
        Darkcosmos shrugged. "What difference does it make who kills Sailorneptune as long as she's dead? No reason to fight about it, Viv. Clearly, Darkneptune was meant to do this. Besides, the good senshi can't see you do a thing like that - it would blow your cover."
        "Oh." Vivian pouted even deeper, depressed that her ultimate moment of revenge would be taken from her. But then she remembered that she would eventually get the Trident back, an advanced, better weapon than when she gave it to Darkneptune. Maybe one day soon, she'd be able to use it to kill what was left of Michiru when the battle was done. Finally, Vivian smiled. "Fine. But I get to watch the carnage."
        "Sure. Just stay out of sight."
        A figure moved from out of the shadows, her hands clasped together in desperation. Several of the people in the room groaned when Sailoralbatross began speaking. "Don't do this thing," she begged.
        "Here we go again," Sailordarkcosmos said, rolling her eyes.
        "This isn't like you. This isn't like any of you! You are all good by nature, you've just been separated from your Light sides too long. Sailoruranus, you care more about the world than your own life. You're going to take part in ending the world? The two of you form a perfect, unstoppable team, you and Neptune. You're going to destroy that by making yourselves fully Dark?"
        Sailordarkcosmos had had enough of Albatross' simpering and goodie-goodie speeches; she stood up and snatched at the jewelry box the mysterious senshi had tucked under her arm. Sailoralbatross gasped and pulled back so the box was out of her reach. But Sailordarkuranus decided to help, and grabbed the box from behind, yanking it away. Albatross turned to her with another gasp. Darkuranus played "Keep Away" with the precious jewelry box, holding it high above her head where Albatross couldn't reach it. She soon grew bored of watching Sailoralbatross jump up and down in an attempt to get the box back, and was quite sick of listening to her cry over it, so she tossed the box to Darkcosmos, who couldn't catch worth a darn and only juggled and fumbled not to drop it. Sailoralbatross dove to catch the jewelry box before it hit the ground. She banged her elbows hard on the floor, but did manage to save the box from damage. "Owww!" she cried.
        The others laughed, except for Darkmercury, who seemed to be watching a scene from her own, old life before her. Before Albatross could cradle the jewelry box safely against her chest, Sailordarkcosmos grabbed it. "I am fed up with your boring moral speeches, Albatross. Shut up, or I will smash this box once and for all."
        "No, no you can't! It's too important!" Sailoralbatross started to rush at Darkcosmos' throne, but Darkuranus grabbed her arm, pulled her back, and put her in a full nelson. Albatross struggled, but with Sailordarkuranus putting such pressure on the back of her neck with both of her hands, she could not get out of it. "Please, please don't." Albatross could barely speak with the pain she was in.
        Darkuranus spoke close to her ear in a menacing tone. "The person you speak of is Sailoruranus. She cares for saving this world. I only care about winning, and always having my Michiru with me. So save your moral speeches for someone else."
        "We'll be a far more beautiful team than we are now. Eternal Dark Senshi," Darkneptune added. "Look at our new fuku - they are so sexy!" She modeled hers, running the strings of beads through her fingers.
        "No..." Sailoralbatross shook her head as best she could. She made one last attempt to reach someone. "Mercury, you've been injured. You can't go on like this. What do you think they're going to do with you when you're used up?"
        Sailordarkmercury' s face crumpled to tears, and she covered her ears with her hands. "Make her shut up!"
        Darkuranus put tremendous pressure on the back of Albatross' neck with both hands. Sailoralbatross made sounds of discomfort, struggled, but soon fell unconscious. "There's only so much of her yammering I can take," she said, dropping Albatross to the floor.
        "Now we can get back to it." Baby Baby Love checked her watch. "In about an hour, the demonstration Michiru's class is attending will be over. Then we can get what we need from Sailorlarissa, and the Fortunetelling Trident will be complete."
        Sailordarkne ptune approached her partner and linked hands with her. "Once we kill Sailorneptune and Sailoruranus, we also will be complete."

"It is the basic nature of partnership. One is the dominant member and the other does all the compromising and following. This can be a dangerous thing if the submissive one follows even when she doesn't agree."
"What's happened to Sailortriton's Trident?! Who does that crystal ball belong to? How can the power of a Satellite's Talisman surpass the power of a Planetary Talisman?!"
"Michiru... I'm afraid... this is the end of us."
Sailormoon Dark Episode 37: A Rune Divided III. Bad Luck Fortune Cookie. The moonlight carries the message of love.

----------------------------------------------------
Gomen nasai: "I'm sorry" in Japanese


On to Episode 37: A Rune Divided III. Bad Luck Fortune Cookie.
Back to Episodes
Back to Sailormoon Dark