Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Sanity Found in Love ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I do not own sailor moon...only wish I could...lol

Summary: Haruka had an accident and can't remember exactly whom she is or what is exactly going on around her. After her stint in the hospital she is taken to a caregiver's home to recover her memory and the rest of her sanity.


Sanity Found in Love

The last thing Haruka saw before she blacked out was the tarmac of the raceway above her head. It was just a trial run for the next race. Nothing was supposed to happen, just test her race time. All that changed in a blink of the eye when the lugs holding her tire on shot off. The rotor and axle dug into the raceway creating sparks. The next thing anyone saw was the car flipping through the air end over end until it landed upside down skidding a few yards. When it came to rest there was an audible silence at the track before the noise level went up to deafening. The only thing left of the car was the driver's capsule.

Emergency personnel and everyone in the pit crews came racing over. They were slightly relieved that there wasn't a fire blazing but that didn't mean one could break out any second. The ambulance screeched to a halt next to the downed car and E.M.T.s jumped out. The fire crew was spread around the car incase it started to go up. The first thing to do on everyone's mind was to get her out of the car. They had to worry about the injuries second because if the car went up there wouldn't be a chance of saving Haruka at all.

Once they realized that she was indeed alive just not conscious they put her into the ambulance and raced for the hospital. When they arrived at the hospital they immediately rushed her to the CAT scan machine to check for internal injuries as well as brain damage. Dr. A. Mizuno noticed on the scan of Haruka's brain that there was an abnormal amount of swelling in some areas as well as bruising. She also assessed that the right wrist was broken but you could tell that as soon as you looked at her. The rest of the CAT scan turned up negative.

Dr. Mizuno sighed in relief to that. At least she won't have to be operated on, at least not yet. She frowned as she once again looked at the brain scan. Dr. Mizuno realized they might have to remove a piece of her skull to relieve the pressure on her brain.

She turned to the operating staff, "Well we don't have to operate yet as there are no internal injuries. She might have to go under later though to relieve the pressure on her brain. Other than that she only has a broken right wrist. We need to set that and get a cast on it." Dr. Mizuno then put the scans on the lighted board to show the rest of the staff the brain cavity. "The best I can figure is that she will be in a coma from now until a couple of weeks, maybe a month."

The rest of the staff conferred with her and agreed on the assessment. They decided to do another scan of the brain cavity in five hours to see if some of the swelling has gone down. If not they decided that they would go ahead and remove a piece of her skull to relieve the pressure.

After Haruka was escorted to a room and hooked up to monitoring machines Dr. Mizuno went to her office to call a friend.

As she dialed the number she hoped that her friend would be free to do this. Dr. Mizuno realized that Haruka would need all the help she could get.

"Hello, this is Dr. Tsukino, how may I help you?" the voice on the other line intoned.

"Hey Usagi this is Ami, I was wondering if you would be free to help me with a patient of mine once she is out of the coma. On her scan there was some bruising and swelling in the brain cavity. A lot of the bruising was around the memory part of the brain." As Ami outlined the scan she hoped that Usagi would be available.