Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Saturday ❯ Trying to Survive the Night ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Trying to Survive the Night.
 
 
“OH NO! REI RUN!” Ami screamed turning around. She starts running as fast as she can with her stuff still in her hand. Rei, who didn't need to be told twice, was right beside her running. The goons, however, were beginning to catch up to them, and Ami knew why. It was because the stuff they where carrying was weighing them down, which made them run slower.
 
“Rei we have to drop our stuff.” Ami said while running.
 
“NO! We can make it! I don't want to lose my dresses!”
 
“Rei we have to! If we get caught their going to kill us!”
 
“But my dress! Damn it all! Why me, why us?” Rei said as she drops all of her bags.
 
Ami does the same. Soon both girls were able to pick up speed and run much faster.
 
The goons seeing that they were losing the girls started to taunt.
 
“You can run, but you can't hide bitches! We're going to get you.”
 
“Yeah! Then we'll fuck you, before we kill you MUAHAHAH!” The other goon shouts laughing like a maniac.
 
Both Ami and Rei hear this, but they keep running until they reach the open streets. Tears start to develop in Rei eyes, but she quickly wipes them off.
 
“Rei, you have to be strong,” she told herself. She looks around to see if anyone is around, but sadly no one was on any of the open streets. Rei and Ami continue to run along the main neighborhood streets but still there was no one around. It's like they were running through a ghost town.
 
“Get back here you little bitches!” One of the goons screamed as he pulls out a pocket-throwing knife. He aims the knife and throws it at Ami. Luckily the knife misses the girl and hits a tree both girls just passed. “Damn it!”
 
“Don't worry we'll get them.” The other goon said to his partner.
 
Rei and Ami see a corner up ahead and take it. The corner leads them into another alley. Both girls continue to run until they see an open back door. They run into the door and realize it's the back entrance to an apartment complex. The girls stop and look around.
 
“Now where can we go?” Ami asked Rei.
 
“Up the stairs. Surly there is someone in one of the apartments that will help us.” Rei answered running for the stairs. Ami follows behind her friend, as they both make their way to the first floor of the building. When they reach the first floor they knocked on one of the doors. When the door opens, an old lady in a robe stare at the two young ladies.
 
“Yes?” The lady asked. She could tell that the girls were running, because they were sweating a little and breathing hard.
 
“I'm sorry to bug you Miss, but can we come in and use your phone.” Rei asked in a almost pleading voice.
 
“Use my phone, why?”
 
“We want to call the police. These dangerous men are chasing us. If we don't call for help they will kill us.”
 
“Please lady it won't take long?” Ami added speaking to the lady for the first time.
 
“What dangerous men?” The lady wondered, looking a little scared herself.
 
“This guy they call Shadow…” Rei started but the lady cut her off.
 
“OH! NO! I know about him. Sorry ladies you're on your own.” The lady said franticly, about to close the door. But Rei grabs the ladies hand.
 
“Please just let us call the cops and we will be out of your hair?” Rei pleaded, but the lady jerks her hand away.
 
“NO!!! The police don't come around here anyway. Now leave me alone and get away from my door!” The lady finished screaming. She slams the door in both Rei and Ami's face.
 
“Bitch!” Rei screamed in a strong, but whimpering voice.
 
“Rei, we got to keep moving before they find us.” Ami said to her upset friend.
 
“Right, lets move maybe someone else will help us.” Rei agreed and both girls continued to move and knock on a door every now and again to ask for help. But like the lady they talked to first, the moment the name Shadow was mentioned, the person in the apartment would get scared and close the door in their faces. Finally both girls reached the third floor of the apartment complex. They look around and only saw four apartment doors on this floor. Rei decides to knock on the second one. After a couple of knocks a guy answers the door.
 
“Yes ladies what can I do for you?” The guy with wild shaggy hair asked.
 
“Please sir can we use your phone?” This time it was Ami who asked.
 
The guy looks and notices Rei. He sees that she is upset and frightened. Because he found her very attractive, he decided to let them in. “Sure come right in.”
 
The girls happy someone finally let them in, rushes into the guy's house. The guy closes the door behind him and turns to look at the girls. They were both nice looking young ladies, but they were covered in sweat and they looked very scared.
 
“Is something wrong ladies?” The shaggy hair man asked.
 
“We need to call the police.” Rei said deciding to come clean.
 
“The police? Why? Is someone chasing you?”
 
“Yes, these street punks are trying to kill us.” Rei said with a panic look.
 
“Street punks?” The guy thinks. The only street punks he knew that are around in this area were Shadow and his crew.
 
“Is it the Shadow gang who are chasing you?” The guy asked the black haired girl.
 
Both Ami and Rei looked at each other, then they looked at the guy.
 
“Yes.” Rei spoke, afraid of being rejected again. “Please don't kick us out. We just want to make one phone call, after that we'll leave.”
 
“Yes sir, please understand. Our lives are in danger.” Ami added.
 
“It's okay. You can still use the phone, but I wouldn't call the police if I were you. For one, they don't come around here anyway, and two, most of them are on Shadows pay roll. If you call them, they will only let Shadow know where the call came from, and that's not good for any of us.” The guy finished.
 
“Really!” Rei said looking hopeless. “Now what are we going to do. Their probably looking for us as we speak.”
 
“If you must call someone, I recommend you call someone close to you. Someone that will either come get you, or have some place for you to go.” The guy continued giving more advice.
 
“Someone who can help us?” Rei thought to herself. “I know.” She suddenly said out loud. She goes over to the phone on the small table next to the couch. She sits down on the couch and picks up the phone. Ami goes over and sits down beside her. Rei dials a number and waits for about five seconds. When the phone is finally answered a familiar voice speaks.
 
“Hello Usagi speaking. Who's this?”
 
“Usagi this is Rei.”
 
“Rei? Do you know what time it is? Why are you calling me so late at night?”
 
“I'm sorry Usagi, but I had to. Ami and me are in danger. Some people are trying to kill us.” Rei said rapidly.
 
“Wait? Wait? Slow down. What do you mean people are trying to kill you?”
 
“We saw this guy named Shadow kill some guy by accident. And now they're after us.”
 
“……………” Usagi didn't say anything.
 
“Usagi?”
 
“Yeah, I'm here. Where are you now?”
 
“In this guys apartment, he was kind enough to let us use the phone.”
 
“Why didn't you call the police?” Usagi asked her frighten friend.
 
“Because where in a bad neighborhood and the police don't come around this area.”
 
“Well, my parents are not home right now. They're at a convention meeting. You can come stay with me if you want, but you must not be followed. Can you make it?”
 
“Yes will make it somehow” Rei happy that luck is finally on their side, turns her head and smiles at Ami. Ami smiles back.
 
“Good, be careful and don't get caught. I will leave the light on for you.”
 
“Thanks Usagi! You are a true friend.”
 
“No problem, just get here safe okay?”
 
“Okay, bye.”
 
“Bye.” Usagi said, before she hung up the phone.
 
Rei hangs up the phone and turns to Ami. “Usagi said we can crash with her until her parents get home.”
 
“Great!” Ami said. “When her dad gets home and we'll tell him about Shadow. Surely her dad will arrest them. He is the police chief of the city after all.”
 
“Yup, the question is how are we going to get there without being caught? Usagi's house is at least two miles away.”
 
“Yeah! We have to do something.”
 
“I'll take you.” The guy watching the events unfold, suddenly speaks up.
Both girls look at him in surprise. “My car is out back. All we have to do is sneak down to the parking lot without being spotted.”
 
“No, that's okay. You've done too much for us all ready.” Rei responds smiling, but the guy wasn't about to take no for an answer.
 
“I insist. How are you girls going to make it to your friends house without a ride?”
 
“Well, we'll think of something.”
 
“Look as far as I can tell you girls is stranded here. It's too late to catch a bus. The police won't come around here to save you. And your chances of making it to your friends house on foot without being spotted, or worst caught, is very slim.”
 
“True, but I don't want to get you involved in our mess.”
 
“You already got me involved. Don't worry I'm not afraid of them.” The guy boasted looking brave.
 
“He's right Rei.” Ami said finally putting in her two cents. “Our best bet for escaping this area is by taking him up on his offer. Otherwise we might never survive this night.”
 
“I guess. Thank you, you're so kind.” Rei walks up to him and offers her hand; he takes her hand and shakes it.
 
“Yes, thank you very much sir.” Ami also shook his hand.
 
The guy blushes. “Don't worry about it. I hate Shadow and his crew. This is my way of paying him back.”
 
“Why? What did he do?” Ami asked suddenly curious.
 
“Well, I use to be a member of a rock band. Me and my best friend Jake started it. We recruited two other members and soon we were playing shows. Then one day I found out that my friend owed this guy ten thousand dollars. I didn't know about Shadow then and I had no idea how dangerous he was until.” The guy looks down in sadness. “One day my best friend didn't show up for practice. I went to his house and asked his Mom if he was there. She said no and that she was worried, because he would normally be home by now. Days past and nothing, until one day on the news his body was pulled out of a river.”
 
“OH! My!” Rei said feeling sad for the guy. She pats him on the shoulders, while the shaggy haired man continued his story.
 
“The news said he jumped off the bridge and committed suicide, but I know Jake. He was one of the happiest guys I knew. He would never commit suicide, even on his worst day. Besides word on the street was that Shadow did it, because Jake didn't pay his debt. I believe that's what really happened and because he's so feared nobody came forward with information to get him or his crew arrested. This is my way of getting him back, by making sure he doesn't kill you two sweet ladies.” The guy finished smiling.
 
Rei hugs him. “I'm sorry that's so horrible.”
 
“Yes! that Shadow is a monster.” Ami agreed, shaking her head.
 
“It's okay le- Did you hear that?” The guy suddenly asked. Both girls quiet down and listen. Outside of the guys apartment in the hallway the two goons were walking around screaming for the girls.
 
“I know you bitches are around here somewhere. Come out and show yourselves now!”
 
“Yeah! Don't make us find you. We we'll make sure your death is ten times more painful.”
 
“No time we have to move now, come on.” The guy in the apartment says to the girls. Both girls listen and follow him. He leads them to a fire escape door and opens it. The door leads outside where it was now raining. They where on the top floor of the fire escape platform. There was a latter at the end of the platform. Rei, Ami, and the guy the, who was offering them his help, start to going down the latter. They had to watch themselves a bit because the rain made the ladder slippery. Finally they reached the bottom of the latter. The guy runs to his car with both girls following behind him. They get in and the guy starts the engine. It comes to life and he backs out of the parking lot. Then he leaves the apartment complex.