Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Saturday ❯ A Late Night Reckoning ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
A Late Night Reckoning
 
 
Both girls breathe a sigh of relief as they now to believe they're safe from any danger. Rei looks at the saggy hair guy while he's busy driving the car and smiles. She takes a closer look and realizes for the first times how handsome he looks, in a rock in roll kind of way. Yup, she believed his story about him being in a rock band.
 
Meanwhile the goons finally reached the third floor of the apartment but found nothing. However, they soon noticed wet footprints around the fire exit doors. The goons run out the door onto the platform and see the latter.
 
“FUCK!” One of the goons shouted. They start running down latter to the parking lot below. When they reached the parking lot, they look around to see if they could spot the girls running. Despite the parking lot being an open area, the guys didn't see anything.
 
“Fucking Bitches!” The other goon screamed getting mad. He picks up his cell phone from his pocket and calls his boss. The cell rings a couple of times before Shadow answers it from the other line.
 
“Do you have them?” A soft voice says on the other end of the cell phone. The goon knowing who it was hesitates for a moment before he answers. “No we lost them, but don't worry Shadow we'll find them.
 
“You better, or else you two will be punished.”
 
“But”
 
“No excuses. Just find them and bring them to me. Do you understand?”
 
“Yes boss”
 
“Good” Shadow hangs up the phone.
 
The goon puts his cell phone back in his pocket. “Come on lets move we got to find them.” The goon says to the other before he and his partner in crime run out of the apartment parking lot and into the neighborhoods.
 
Around the time the goons were still looking for the girls in the slums. Ami and Rei with the help of their new ally, arrive at Usagi's house. Just as Usagi promised, the porch light was on. Both girls get out of the car and turn towards the guy still in it.
 
“Thank you so much you saved our lives.” Rei said with a big bright smile on her face.
 
“You really are an angel to us.” Ami said giving her thanks as well.
 
“HAHA! Nonsense. Like I said: I did it to get back at him for what he did to my friend, but you're welcome all the same.” The guy responded blushing.
 
“Still I wish there was something I could do to repay you.” Rei said blushing back a little bit.
 
“Well, maybe someday you and me can go out sometime. If that's all right with you of course.”
 
Rei's blush grows bigger and she walks up to the driver seat of the car. “Here's my number.” She pulls out a pen and a piece of torn paper and writes down her number. She hands him the paper and smiles. “Call my sometime.”
 
The guy surprise this beautiful girl would give him his number, takes the paper with shaking hands. “Thank you. I think I will.”
 
“By the way, what is your name? Mine is Rei.”
 
“HA HA! Oh! I'm sorry. We got so caught up in this whole mess I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Chad and it was an honor to help you Rei.” Chad does a brave pose that makes Rei laugh. “And what's your name?” Chad asked the pretty blue hair girl.
 
“It's Ami and thanks a lot. I will not forget this night, or you for saving us. It's good to know there are still good people in the world. You will be on my list for greatest person in the world.” She walks up to him and takes his hand and shakes it.
 
“HA! Thanks Ami I'm honored. Well I better head off. I'm sure you two girls want to go and get some sleep. Goodnight.” Chad says before he pulls off in his car.
 
“SEE! YA!” Both girls screamed as his car travels into the distance until it was no longer in sight.
 
“Well Rei, I guess you meet your dream guy after all.” Ami said smiling at her.
 
“Yeah! He's great. Strong, brave, and he's cute too. I hope he calls me.”
 
“I'm sure he will. He'd been checking you out since we enter his apartment. I'm sure that's the reason why he really wanted to help you. I believe his friend was a factor too, however.”
 
“Um, you might be right. Come on lets go inside and get some rest.” Rei said turning towards Usagi's house.
 
“Okay.” Both girls start to make their way upstairs until they reached Usagi's front door. Rei knocks on the door and immediately the door opens. Usagi was standing in front of them, with her blond hair undone from her meatball hairstyle she usually wears. She was wearing a pink pajama outfit.
 
“Hi! Girls! I'm glad you made it here safely come in hurry.” Usagi said in a shaky voice. Both girls enter the house and soon realized no one else was there, not ever Sammy.
 
“Where's your little brother Usagi?” Ami asked her blond friend.
 
“Oh! He's over his friends house spending the night.” Usagi said smiling.
 
“So, how did you make it here.” Usagi asked curious.
 
“This nice guy we met in the slums drove us here.” Rei answered in a dreamy voice.
 
“Really was he cute?”
 
“Why do you care? You have a man remember?”
 
“HA HA! Well Excuse ME! I guess he was cute. You getting defensive and all.”
 
“I'm not getting defensive!” Rei shouts.
 
“Yes you are!” Usagi counters.
 
“No I'm not!”
 
“Are Too!” Usagi sticks out her tongue. Rei sticks hers out too and both girls give each other raspberries. Ami looks on and shakes her head. She then walks between the girls.
 
“Come on girls stop this. Now is not the time for this.” Both girls look at each other then stop the tonguing.
 
“You're right Ami, sorry.” Usagi says to her wise friend.
 
“It's okay. When is your family coming home?” Ami asked changing the subject.
 
“Later on tonight.”
 
“Good. We can tell your dad about what happened to us. Then he will go and arrest that asshole Shadow.”
 
Both girls look at Ami in shock. She never used a cuss word as long as they knew her. Ami sees this and apologizes.
 
“I'm sorry. I'm just so mad. Today started out perfectly, then this had to happen to us.”
 
Rei goes and hugs her. Ami hugs her friend back. “It's okay Ami. I'm mad too. I hope this Shadow rots in hell once your dad arrests him.”
 
Usagi looks down at the floor and then looks back up at the girls. “Are you sure the guy you saw was named Shadow?” Usagi asked with big eyes.
 
“Yeah! Why?” Rei answered simply.
 
“Nothing. It just sounds silly. I mean Shadow… He sounds more like a comic book villain.”
 
He does. Rei agrees. But he's very real. We saw him blow some guys brains out in the middle of the street.
 
“What! No Way!”
 
“Way! And get this. He did it because the guy owned him money. Even though the guy had the money on him, he still killed him. Because he said the guy took too long in pay him.”
 
“And that's why their after us, because we saw the whole thing and they spotted us. Ami added to the story.
 
“OH! My! It's a good thing you escaped from them. Do they know you're here?”
 
“No! We ditch them. They won't find us now.” Ami said in a relief voice.
 
“Yeah, if it wasn't for that guy, I don't know what we would do.” Rei injected.
 
“Well I'm glad you're here. Go on make yourselves at home. I'm sure you two want to take a shower so you can feel fresh and clean after what happened tonight.” Usagi finished smiling.
 
“Thanks Usagi you're a true friend.” Rei said smiling back.
 
“Don't mention it.” The girls went into the shower and washed themselves up. Then they made their way towards the guess bedroom Usagi showed them. They went in and got in the bed. Usagi wished the girls a good night. The girls wished it back as Usagi closed the door.
 
 
 
In the slums the goons were still looking for the girls, when one of the goons cell phone rings. The goon digs into his pocket and takes out his phone.
 
“SUP!” The goon says into the phone.
 
“This is Shadow. You can stop looking for the girls, I know where they are.”
 
“Really where?”
 
“Don't worry about it just go back to the corner and start selling your share of crack. Me and Ice will handle this.” Shadow said in his trademark smooth voice.
 
“But boss I want to make them pay for giving us the run around.”
 
“Are you questioning me?” Shadow asked his voice getting deeper.
 
The goon, realizing he was crossing the boss, quickly answers. “No of course not. If that's what you want then that's what we'll do.”
 
“Excellent.” Shadow hangs up the phone. He's in his car with Ice. Ice was already driving him where they knew the girls were.
 
Soon the car passes another car along the way. It was the car Chad was driving in. Chad notices the car and looks in his rear view mirror as the car drives out of sight. “That was shadow!” Chad says to himself. He drives to an open area and quickly turns his car around. He starts to follow Shadows car carefully afraid of where it might be headed. Finally, Chad's fears come true. The car stops in front of the same house he dropped Ami and Rei off at not to long ago. He parks his car at the corner of the street and gets out of his car. He carefully creeps across the street and watches as Shadow and one of his goons makes his way onto the pouch and knocks on the door. Soon the door opens and Shadow and his goon walk right in. Chad, didn't understand why the person who lived in the house would willingly let a guy like Shadow in, unless… “OH! NO!” Chad said out loud.
 
 
It was now 3:37AM. Both girls were sleeping, when suddenly Rei wakes up. She hears voices downstairs. One of the voices is male, but it was muffled so she couldn't tell who it was. The second voice was also male, but it was muffled too. The third voice she could tell who it was. It was Usagi laughing. The voices were getting closer and closer to their room. The last thing she heard Usagi say before she open the door was “Their in here”. She sits up in the bed and waits for the door to open. At first she thought that it was Usagi's parents. After all Usagi said they would return later on tonight. But when the door finally opens, Rei looks in shock. Standing right in front of her was Shadow himself, along with the other guy she heard Shadow call Ice. Rei immediately wakes Ami up. When Ami wakes up, and sees what Rei sees, she starts crying.
 
“Hello girls we meet at last.” Shadow started. “I mean you come and visit my block, then you run away without saying hello. That's very rude behavior.”
 
“H-How did you find us?” Rei said shaking with fear while she was comforting Ami.
 
“Well isn't it obvious. My girl informed me of your whereabouts.” Suddenly Usagi enter the room and smiles up at Shadow. Shadow takes her face pulls it to his and kisses her passionately. Rei looks on in shock. Ami, however, was still crying in Rei's chest.
 
“Thanks for the heads up meatball head. Here's your reward.” Shadow pulls out a small bag with white powder in it. He gives it to Usagi who takes it like it's a gold necklace.
 
“Oh! Thank you, honey. You know how I love this stuff.” She takes some out of the pack with her fingers and sniffs it up her nose. “WOO!! GOOD STUFF!” Usagi screams.
 
“USAGI WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS?!!” Rei finally screams after she come to the realization of Usagi's betrayal.
 
Usagi looks at Rei and smiles. “Jeez Rei what's the matter? I'm just sticking up for my man.”
 
“What are you talking about?! How could Shadow be your man?!” Rei asked shock at what she was hearing from her so-called friend.
 
“First of all, he's only known as Shadow in the streets. But to me, he's my beau, my fiancé, the love of my life, Darien.” Usagi finishes smiling at her man.
 
“YOU TRAITOR!!!” Rei screams.
 
“Now Now!” Darien cuts in. “She is not a traitor. As far as I'm concerned she is quit loyal.”
 
“Why Usagi?” Ami asked in a whimper. Looking at Usagi with tears leaking out of her eyes.
 
Usagi sees this and feels bad for a moment, but she pushes the guilt back in and answers. “Sorry Ami. You shouldn't have cross my love. It be like that sometimes, you know.”
 
“You were our friend. We trusted you. How could you do this to us? I HATE YOU!!” Ami suddenly screams still in a teary voice.
 
Usagi feels hurt, but replaces her sadness with anger. “Yeah, Well I don't care. I never liked you anyway bitch. I was only pretending to be your friend so you could help me with homework.”
 
Rei gets mad herself after she hears this. “You cold hearted junky bitch! I hope you overdose and die.”
 
“I love you too Rei.” Usagi responded in a sarcastic tone.
 
“HA HA! What a soap opera.” Ice says finally speaking up. “This is better then anything I've ever saw on TV. Don't you think so Sha-I mean Darien HA HA HA?!”
 
“Yes, it is very dramatic, but I must cut this show short.” Darien answers as he walks towards the girls in the bed.
 
“No! Get away!” Ami screams panicking. But Darien over powers her and picks her up. He flings her over his shoulder and walks out of the room. Ice following Darien's example walks over towards Rei and tries to pick her up, but Rei puts up a strong fight. Pretty soon it took both Ice and Usagi to bring Rei down and drag her out the room. They carry the girls into the living room and then sit down on the couch. Ice sits down with Ami while Darien and Usagi sit down on the opposite side of Rei.
 
“Well I feel like doing a hit. How about you?” Ice asked Darien.
 
“Sure. Honey?” Darien looks towards Usagi.
 
“You know me beau. I live for this stuff lets all do one.” Usagi said happily.
 
“Cool!” Ice takes a pack of white powder, bigger than the one Darien gave Usagi and dumps it on the living room table. He then takes out some straws and pass them to everyone in the room, including both frighten girls.
 
Ice goes first. He takes a hit and sits back in his seat enjoying it. “Ah that hits the spot.”
 
Usagi goes next. She bends down licks a good amount in her tongue. She then kisses Darian with the powder in her mouth. Darien greedily sucks it off her tongue and swallows. Both girls were disgusted when they saw Usagi do this. This wasn't the Usagi they knew, but then again, the Usagi they knew wasn't the real Usagi.
 
“You taste great honey.” Darien said to his girl after the kiss. “Alright girls your turn.”
 
What! Never! Rei screamed. She tries to get up, but Darien holds her down.
 
“Either you cooperate or you die.” Darien said plainly.
 
“You going to kill us anyway, so what's the point?”
 
“Yes, but if you follow orders, I might postpone your death for a while.”
 
“FUCK YOU!” Rei screams.
 
“I thought you hated me, but if you want to fuck me then let's party.” Darien says in a smart tone that makes Ice laugh out loud. He then points to the pile of crack that is on the table. “Take a hit.”
 
Rei looks at the drugs, but doesn't do anything. “Hey doll face?” Rei suddenly hears Ice say. She looks up and sees Ice playing with Ami's breast. “Either you take a hit, or I will hit your friend and I don't mean violently.” He finished now rubbing Ami's legs. Ami started to cry again.
 
“Leave her alone you bastard!”
 
“He will leave her alone if you take a hit lady. I recommend you do it. Ice is not bluffing he likes them young and innocent.” Darien says.
 
Just then Ice licks Ami's face, which causes Ami to cry harder.
 
Usagi has a slight worried look on her face, but is able to cover it up.
 
“OKAY OKAY! JUST LEAVE HER ALONE!” Rei says finally giving in. She takes her straw and leans over. She puts one end of the straw to her nose and the other end on the table wear the powder was. She takes a sniff, but suddenly falls back once the stuff enter her system. Her vision is suddenly blurry, as she beings to see double. But, at the same time, she starts to feel real good. The fear she had was completely gone.
 
Seeing Rei's space out look, Darien starts to laugh. “Okay Ice let her go.” Ice listens and takes his hand off of Ami, but not before kissing her on the cheek.
 
Alright, Ami your turn. Darien says looking at her. Unlike Rei, Ami didn't put up much of a fight. She knew what would happened if she didn't listen. So she takes her straw, puts it to her nose, bends over and takes a sniff. And just like Rei, Ami escapes to her own world.
 
“HA HA! Lets leave them there to enjoy themselves. In just a couple of hours I will take them back home with me and sell them on the streets for a nice profit. I was going to kill them, but that would be a waste.” Darien says thinking.
 
“Can I break the blue haired one in boss?” Ice asked still looking at Ami hungrily.
 
“No, she is a virgin after all, and I'm going to sell it to the highest bidder.”
 
“But Shadow”
 
“No buts, you can have her afterwards if you want.” Darien says cutting him off.
 
“Yes sir” Ice says getting up and walking into the kitchen. Darien then looks at Usagi.
 
“You want to go upstairs before I leave meatball head?”
 
“Sure.” Usagi said getting up with her lover. They both go upstairs and do their business.
 
An hour passed. It was now 5:45AM. Ice was pasted out drunk from the beer he drank down to get rid of the urge to force himself on Ami. Ami and Rei where now asleep as well, when suddenly, cold water hits Rei's face. Rei jumps up and is about to scream when She noticed the hand over her mouth. The hand belonged to Chad. Rei was shocked. How did he get here? Was she seeing things? She then hears his voice in a whisper.
 
“I'm getting you both out of here, but you must stay quiet.” Rei nods as Chad releases his hand from Rei's mouth. She gets up, but fills a little dizzy. Chad holds onto her until she could get her balance. Rei takes the bottle of water Chad use to wake her up and splashes some on Ami. Just like Rei, Ami wakes up startled. Rei puts her hand on Ami's mouth until Ami could see that it was her. Rei puts one finger to her lips doing the quiet sign. Ami nods and Rei releases her hand from her mouth. Ami then sees Chad and is surprised herself, but she doesn't say anything. She stands up and walks to where Chad is. Ice starts to come to, however, and notice what is going on. None of the them notice him waking up until they hear him.
 
“What the fuck is this?!” Ice screams.
 
Both girls and Chad turn around and see Ice reaching for his gun. Chad suddenly attacks Ice and stops him from pulling the gun out. They struggle going back and forth until there was a loud shoot sound heard. Both girls jump at this and start to get worried for Chad. But it wasn't Chad that fell down; it was Ice with a bullet wound in his stomach. Darien and Usagi quickly run down the stairs to see what was going on. Darien with his gun in his hand sees his buddy Ice on the floor bleeding to death. He also sees Rei and Ami standing behind a guy who looked awfully familiar. He was pointing the gun at Darien.
 
“Don't move Shadow or you and the bitch are dead.” Chad says looking brave.
 
“Fuck You! I'm going to kill you for shooting my best friend.” Darien said in a very angry, but smooth voice.
 
“Well I hope he dies. Then you will know how I felt when you killed Jake.”
 
Suddenly a light bulb went off in Darien's head. “I remember you. You're that loser rock band idiot Jake was friends with. Well, knowing that Jake's death made your life a living hell makes me tingle all over.” Darien said with an evil grin. “You should've heard him scream when I threw him off the bridge. But hey, It was all for the better. Your shit sucked anyway.”
 
“You monster!!” Chad said shaking with anger. “Girls get out of here now!!” Chad says keeping his eyes on Darien.
 
Rei, not wanting to leave her savior behind, refuses. “No Chad. I won't leave you with that devil.”
 
“GET OUT!!!” Chad screams. Rei seeing he won't listen to reason, decides to take Ami and walk towards the door.
 
“What good is that going to do hero? Once I kill you, I will track them down and kill them.”
 
Usagi hearing this looks scared. “Darien you said you would let them live.”
 
“Shut up bitch. Do you want to join them?”
 
“But you promised.”
 
“I SAID SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!” Darien turns and hits Usagi in the head with the pistol. The blow knocks Usagi down the stairs.
 
Unfortunately for Darien, Chad takes this opportunity to shoot Ice's Gun at him. On instinct, Darien ducks and shoots back at Chad. Chad gets hit in the shoulder, but Darien gets hit in the head killing him instantly. The bullet enters his head and blows the back of his brain out. Just like it did when he shot and kill Adam. Brain cells and gore cover the back of the stairway wall. Darien slowly falls to the floor as blood is leaking out of his brain.
 
Rei runs back into the house against Ami's wishes and looks for Chad. She heard the shoots and feared the worst. CHAD!!! CHAD!!!. Rei screams looking. OVER HERE!!! She see hears Chad scream back. She runs over to where he is and bends down. “OH! Chad you've been hit.”
 
“It's nothing, it went in and out.” What about Darien? Rei was so worried about Chad she forgot about that maniac Darien. She feels relief. However, when she sees Darien's dead body lying against the wall with a bullet hole through the head. She turns and looks at Chad.
 
“You got him Chad it's over.” Rei said smiling brightly. Ami enter the house again and sees what happened. She is also very happy. She runs into Rei arms and hugs her crying.
 
Chad sees this and smiles. He then looks up at the ceiling and sees the face of Jake. “Your death is avenged my friend. You can now rest in peace.” After he says this Jake smiles and nods before his image disappears.
 
The dark chilling night eventually left, as a beautiful Sunday morning came into view.
 
It was 6:15AM
 
THE END.