Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Shades of Grey ❯ More Appearances ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Shades of Grey

Author: Moonlight Storm

E-mail: MoonlightStormSM@aol.com

Genre: Romance/Action/Adventure

Season: 1st

Rating: PG-13

AN's at the bottom....

"Talking"

'Thinking'

Disclaimer: I wouldn't lie and tell you I owned Sailor Moon if I was terminally insane and institutionalized.

Shades of Grey

Chapter 6

A soft nearly inaudible mewling brought Ami'sattention swiftly to her bedroom window. Or more specifically, the midnight-colored cat with the ruby eyes amazingly intelligent looking right outside her window, balanced precariously on a slim branch.

"Kitty? What are you doing out there?" the girl opened her window; thankful she had no screen outside it.

"It must be freezing, do you want to come inside?"

Luna took her cue and pounced through the open window and then promptly sat down directly in front of Ami, her slender tail curled in front of her paws.

"Ami-chan, I have something to tell you that will change your life."

Cobalt eyes widened in alarm, yet even so she would never state the obvious as many would by simply stating, "You talked."

Ami, being the science-oriented inquisitive person she is, could only say, "How?"

And so Luna set about telling her much the same things she had told Usagi, the only notable difference being Ami was told she is the Senshi of Wisdom, Sailor mercury as opposed to the Senshi of Mystery, Sailor Moon.

"As of right now, Sailor Moon is presumably still fighting the youma I had to leave her with to awaken you to your duties. The vault door looked as if it would collapse easily enough if you were to chill it with your attack "Shabon Spray". Incidentally, Usagi is the one who alerted me to your presence. She's in your new class. Fairly unforgettable hairstyle-."

Before Luna could continue Ami took it upon herself to finish the description, " Golden blonde hair, twisted into two buns atop her head with the rest trailing out in a stream from them, aquamarine eyes, just a little shorter than I am, correct?"

"Hai, very accurate. You'll be a very useful addition to the Sailor Senshi Ami-chan. I'm glad we've found you."

Ami gave the cat a growing smile, "Me too."

~*~

"Ne, so… Tuxedo Kamen-sama?"

He stared at her coolly from behind his mask while lazily propping himself up against the opposite wall.

"Yes, Sailor Moon?"

She paced slowly, thoughtfully, around the room as would a caged tiger.

"You see, I've been thinking about all that Luna has told me, and what I've discovered about this whole fighting the bad guys fiasco. And I see no reason why Luna and myself shouldn't know who you are in you civilian form. It would actually be more helpful; we'd gain someone else to discuss what the Dark Kingdom has been doing and what our next action should be, we'd know where to find you in case there was an emergency. It would be, what's the word… bar, be-,"

An aggravated look settled itself across her usually mild features.

Tuxedo Kamen smothered a smirk, "Beneficial?" he quipped.

Sailor Moon either didn't notice or chose to ignore his mocking tone in hope that he would reveal his true self to her.

"That's the word! I would reveal who I am usually too, of course."

He shook his head, "My identity must remain unknown as of now Sailor Moon."

Sometime during their conversation the Senshi had edged closer to the masked super-hero, so that now she was within arms distance.

She grabbed his sleeve in frustration like a small child would, "But why?"And suddenly there was nothing childish about the action.

His eyes widened nearly imperceptibly while hurriedly glancing down at the offending hand. She held its position for a heartbeat more before snatching it to her side so quickly she might have been burned. The very air around them seemed stifled.

`Not that I want to sound clichéd, but you could cut the tension in her with a knife.'

Sailor Moon's emotions remained behind the mask she used when times called for it, usually in her other hidden identity.

A truer cliché was never thought. Yet before either could speak, a grateful interruption came.

"Sailor Moon?" Are you still in there?"

Luna's voice penetrated the barrier between them.

"Hai, there's a magical barrier around the door. We're not sure when it will fade."

Luna nodded her head, even though the Senshi couldn't see it.

"I know. While we wait, I have news. I left only to bring reinforcements."

A confused and startled look crossed the blonde's features.

"Reinforcements, Luna?"

"I've found Sailor Mercury. Or rather, your earlier suggestion led me to her."

`Ami? She's Sailor Mercury?'

Aloud, she spoke, "Mercury! It's good to know I have another Senshi to count on now."

Mercury's navy head bobbed up and down in agreement, "I'm glad I'll be able to help. I admit, I was rather curious about these strange youma attacks until Luna explained everything to me."

As the said cat was about to intercede between the two girls, a feeling of something being there and then not, fell upon the quartet. After the initial moment of disorientation, Luna shook her head mentally and took charge of the situation.

"Sailor Mercury, freeze the door with your attack."

Ami had formerly been given her henshin stick just before she and Luna had left her home.

"Shabon Spray!" A light mist covered the area until the vault door shattered scattering more debris throughout the room.

Tuxedo Kamen took the time in the following silence to analyze the newest addition to the Sailor Senshi. She wore boots identical to Moon Senshi's excluding the color; as Sailor Moon wore the deepest red and Mercury was clad in cobalt. This newest Senshi also wore gloves with blue edging. Her skirt was the same color along with her front and back bow. The body suit was of purest white, and her choker was again blue. His eyes skipped quickly over her blue eyes to the aquamarine jeweled-tiara.

All this took only seconds before the stillness was broken and Sailor Moon rushed forward to greet her team member.

"Sailor Mercury! I had no idea my feeling about you would turn out like this!"

The masked man took this to be his exit cue.

"Have fun, ladies. Until next time," and leaped quickly out of the building before a word or protest could reach his ears.

"Tuxedo Kamen-sama," the blonde mumbled under her breath.

"I believe I forgot to mention him, Mercury. Meet Tuxedo Kamen, self-appointed protector of Sailor Moon. He shows up in time to help her win the battle, but dashes off immediately after. As such, we know next to nothing about him. Before we continue this discussion, why don't we leave to be sure to evade the press and police?"

Luna's monologue was followed by two nods, then Sailor Moon scooped her up and the three hastened out of the building.

Several hours had passes since the beginning of the attack, making it mid-afternoon. The perfect time for a visit to Crown Game Center.

~*~

"Interesting situation I have here now," red eyes regarded and analyzed her position quickly.

With a quick flip of her head to get emerald hair out of her face, the woman had come to a decision.

"I have no other choice but to step in. Time for Mei'oh Setsuna to make her debut."

~*~

"Why would I do that? If I had just told her who I was it would have made things so much easier," Chiba Mamoru cursed and berated himself at the same time over a cup of coffee, black, at the Crown café.

His tirade was cut short by the appearance of his friend Motoki.

"Mamoru-kun! I didn't see you come in, did Unazuki-chan get your coffee?"

The dark haired man gave him a rare smile, "Hai. On break?"

Motoki nodded and took the seat across from him.

~*~

"So essentially Usagi has a masked, dashing, savior who has, without failure, saved or encouraged her since she became Sailor Moon?"

The black cat cradled in Ami's arms sighed heavily at the devilish expression on Usagi's face.

"Essentially, yes."

As the group approached the arcade door Usagi turned toward Luna, "So we'll see you later? Don't worry, I'll answer all of Ami-chan's questions."

Luna nodded, "Sometimes I hate the no pet policy here. Ja ne girls."

The cat lithely jumped out of Ami's arms and sped down the sidewalk.

Usagi gestured to the automatic doors, "Come on Ami-chan. We can get a milkshake and play some games for a while."

The pair walked amiably in and settled into a booth near the back with a window that overlooked the street outside.

"Why don't I go order for us. You wanted a milkshake?" Ami questioned while sliding out of her seat.

"Hai, chocolate. Arigato Ami-chan," Usagi told her while sliding the other girl money for her milkshake.

With nothing else to do the blonde turned to the fascinating pastime of people watching the pedestrians hustling along outside. Men, women, children, all rushing to some unknown destination. She noted absently she would need to feed tonight, then continued watching. Yet across the street, a lone woman stood unmoving. She wore a pleasing business suit and her dark hair was swept up in a half bun, while the rest cascaded down her back to knee-length. Usagi noticed the woman watching her and blinked, startled. The woman only smiled disarmingly, and ambled along down the road.

`Strange,' Usagi's brows furrowed in bewilderment, `I feel as if I know her somehow.' She shook off the feeling at the return of her friend.

~*~

"Hey mom, I'm home!"

Usagi's call was answered from the living room.

"In here dear! Come in and meet our company."

The blonde strode quickly in to be met with the knowing eyes of the woman from across the street.

"Setsuna-chan, this is my daughter Usagi. Usagi-chan, this is my old friend Mei'oh Setsuna."

They greeted each other formally, Setsuna casually while Usagi with wariness.

"Usagi-chan, you know of your father and I's upcoming anniversary, right?"

At Usagi's nod, Ikuku continued, "We've decided to take a vacation for about two weeks. And with Setsuna showing up so perfectly here in Tokyo, she'll be staying here watching over you while we're gone. I'm sure you and Setsuna and Shingo will get along wonderfully. Let me go get some refreshments."

As Ikuku left the room, Setsuna turned towards Usagi with a pleasant smile, "Konnichi'wa Usagi-chan. I can't wait to learn all your secrets."

End chapter 6

AN's: So? Was it an evil cliffhanger? Sorry it took so long, I've been totally busy. But, I'm hoping the next chapter will be up in no more than two weeks. Was it good? Bad? Ugly? E-mail me and let me know! I can be reached at MoonlightStormSM@aol.com, remember that, MoonlightStormSM@aol.com, got it? Arigato, minna-chan!