Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Shattered Hope ❯ Findings ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Shattered Hope

Chapter 2 Findings

Disclaimer: I don't own Sailor moon.

Previously in Shattered Hope:

"No", she looked at Zoicite, "It's someone new, someone we don't
know." She turned back to the ball, "I want you to find out more about
the mystery person. Tell me what it is that they are doing. And I want
it done quickly and quietly".

"Yes my Queen", Zoicite turned to leave. Who was this person? Queen
Beryl didn't even know. She hoped they too weren't after the rainbow
crystals. There was only enough room for one evil
in this town.

And now on with the show

Around 5:00 most of the investigators had left the scene of the crime. There was only a watch car sitting at the catwalk that went through the woods. The police officers on duty weren't paying any real attention, or at least that's what Serena thought.

She wanted to look to see if she could find anything that would help in learning about this new monster. She walked towards the police car and carefully ducked down so that the officer couldn't see her in the patrol car's rear view mirror. She made it into the woods.

Officer Fujishima thought that she heard some one outside. She glanced in her mirror but she didn't see anything. She thought of it as nothing and went back to sipping her coffee.

Serena walked down through the woods in the direction that she thought the ravine was. She had only been in these woods once or twice. When she was a little kid she used to play at the park that was at the mouth of the woods. The woods had always scared her because they were dark. Her mother had always warned her to not run off into them.

Now here she was, walking through them. No one knew that she was here. It was really a wise decision on her part. Her mother thought she was at Rei's and Rei thought she was at home. She finally reached the ravine, she hid behind a bush when she heard someone talking.

She peaked above the shrub to see none other than Zoicite. /What is Zoicite coming for, the clean up?/ She thought to herself.

"Toiawaseru, can you sense anything here?" Zoicite turned to the cloaked man standing next to her. His whited out eyes were scanning the area. Toiawaseru didn't see like normal people, his eyes acted as his sixth sense. His eyes caught mystical residue coming towards the ravine. Zoicite noticed him deep in thought. "Well, what do you see?" She asked.

"The girl wasn't killed", he responded. He turned to walk towards the thick of the woods, ignoring Zoicite.

"I take that it was that way then", she said sarcastically and followed the all-seeing man.

Serena watched as they walked past her. /Why would Zoicite want to find out about this?/ She was puzzled. She and the other scouts figured that the Negaverse was behind the recent attack. She took off behind them, careful to keep her distance.

Toiawaseru started to glow a light yellow colour as he stopped and turned to Zoicite. "It was here, very dark magic was used". He knelt down on the grass to further inspect. He was better at finding things than the police. He saw things that they couldn't ever see.

"What can you tell me?" She asked. She wanted to get to the bottom of this. Beryl would be pissed off if she didn't figure this out soon.

"He used a toxicant to bring her down", he rubbed his fingers together like he was holding something. "Then he waited".

"How do you know that?" Zoicite inquired. Looking at him questionably.

"The magic he used became stale. It sunk into her body. He most likely waited ten, fifteen minutes before he drained her". He stood up to signal that he was finished in this area.

"Can your tell which way he went?" Zoicite wanted to get this over with.

"No, his traces disappeared. The large amount of energy here tells me that he used it to make his leave". He replied himself getting ready to leave.

"Toiawaseru, do you know any one who could tell me where he went?" Zoicite stopped him before he could leave back to his home.

"

Yes, perhaps my brother. He is more skilled in that area than I", Zoicite smiled. "Would you like me to get him for you?" Zoicite nodded in response. "Alright". He looked as if he was concentrating. Slowly he began to turn his head, his neck looking if it were about to snap. Then it did a complete 180 and at the end she was met with a new face. This one was younger looking and had a scar starting from his right cheek, over his lips and ending at the indent of his chin.

" I am Toiawaseru's brother. I am Miataru. My brother told me that you require my services."

"How much has your brother told you about this `situation'?" Zoicite didn't know about this other brother. If she did she probably would have gone to Miataru right away.

"I know what I need to know", unlike his brother, he had one white eye and the other was a dark black. " I feel the remains of this magic." He walked towards the ravine.

Zoicite muttered under her breath, " Following everybody, why can't they just stay in one place. Stupid seekers."

/What just happened?/ Serena asked herself. This man, if he even was a man, had just told Zoicite vital information. Then he had done the grossest thing she had ever witnessed. It was like out of a scene from the exorcist. /I better keep on listening in./ She didn't even think about her mother. She had told her she would be home over a half a hour ago. But the thought never crossed her mind as she continued to follow Miataru and Zoicite.

"What do you expect to find here that your brother didn't find?" Zoicite asked annoyed. She looked at her nails and decided that when she got back that she should file them down.

He looked at Zoicite as if she was some lower being. "My brother is, how can I say, less talented than me. That is why he did this to my face", He pointed to his scared face. "And that is why I made him blind". He looked at Zoicite. "I will need complete quiet to be able to concentrate on 'his' where abouts".

"Go right ahead", She let him go about his business.

"I cannot concentrate", He said in frustration. "There is something in the bushes that is distracting me".

/Oh no I've been caught!/ Serena quickly ran away to the entrance of the woods. By the time she made it out, she was out of breath. She bent over and started to pant to try to catch her breath.

"Hey you! What are you doing over by those woods?" The police officer on duty yelled to her. Serena didn't respond. She just stood there. The police officer walked over to her. "Don't you know that these woods are closed off?"

She decided to play the dumb blond, " Oh… they are?"

"Yes, it's a crime scene. Why don't you go run along home", The officer was trying to get rid of her.

She smiled, "Yes I'll go right away", and she jogged off in the direction of her house.

"Miataru, what are you talking about? There is nothing in these bushes," Zoicite concluded after a thorough search of the surrounding area. "It must have been an animal, can you get on with the searching now?"

"Yes, it should only take me a few minutes". A faint glow surrounded his hands as he concentrated on magical residue. After five minutes the glow disappeared and he looked at Zoicite, "I know where he is".

* * * *

"Mom, I'm home!" Serena yelled into her house when she entered. She hung up her bag on the coat rack and went in search of her mother.

"I'm in here hunny", her mom called from the kitchen. She was in the process of making dinner.

"Hi mom", She sat down at the table. "When is dinner going to be ready?"

Her mom smiled as stirred the sauce, " In a couple of minutes. Your friend Ami called".

Serena bit into a bun that was sitting in a basket, "Yeah, what did she say?" She said between mouth fulls.

"Oh she said that she was just checking if you got home yet." Her mom then remembered something, "She told me to tell you to call her back."

"Alright. Thanks mom". She went and kissed her mom on her cheek before she went upstairs.

Serena got to her room and locked her door. She went over to her desk and picked up the phone from the receiver. She dialed Ami's number.

"Hello?" Her friend said into the other end.

"Hey Ames its Serena".

"Oh hi Serena, I called you before".

"Yeah I know my mom told me" She needed to have a scout meeting to tell them about what happened this afternoon. "I found something out. Something about the murder last night, something important."

"Do you want me to call the girls and have an emergency meeting?" Ami said sounding worried and excited at the same time.

"No, I think it can't wait till tomorrow. Its just… I don't think the negaverse had anything to do with this last attack." She wanted to tell everything to Ami, but she didn't want to say any more on the phone. "I'll talk to you tomorrow, I have to go dinner is soon".

"Bye Serena" Ami said before she hung up the phone.

The door handle shook as if some one was trying to open it. "Serena dinner!" Sammy yelled through the door after he realized that it was locked.

"Coming!" She yelled back. She put the phone back on its hook and thought. /I wonder what where having for dinner/

* * * * *

Tears leaked through the corner of his eye. He wasn't able to move and he didn't quite understand why. He thought at first that a wild dog had attacked him when something like claws scratched across his face. Afterwards his body became weak and he fell to the floor.

He lay there limply on the ground. He had just been going over to his friend's house to play some video games when he was whisked off into the dark area of the park. His face was flat on the dirt. He felt something behind him, he was defenseless there was nothing he could do. Two claws ripped into his exposed back, he screamed but nothing came out.

He heard chuckling behind him, and the sound of rubbing or wiping something. He assumed that this thing or person was wiping his blood of their hands. "Well look at you. All helpless." It sounded inhuman, or that it was male. It smirked, " I bet that `why me?' is going through your head right now." It smirked and kicked him in the back. "Well… It's because I felt like it. Hum, is that a good enough reason for you?"

He whimpered, "Oh it looks like that paralyzing formula I gave you is starting to wear off". It moved him around, so they could look in each other's eyes. "Unfortunately for you that means our time is up. Ah well, that means I'm going to kill you". Black shadows began to come out of it. "You may feel a little bit of dizziness, or nausea, or agony. What am I talking about" It smirked, "Of course it's an extreme amount of pain".

The shadows ran down his throat like thick molasses. Then he felt like little daggers were being roughly jabbed into his heart. His back arched off the ground as the shadows where retreating bringing his energy along with them. Then his body fell to the ground. He was dead.

It heard clapping behind it. A woman emerged, stepping towards him. "Bravo!" She said. She had a smile plastered on her face. "Well done, in fact I couldn't have done it any better myself". She stopped floated and landed on the ground.

It's face turned sour, "What are you doing here Zoicite?" It stood up and moved away from the body.

"Oh no, my sweet boy, the question of the hour is what are you doing here?" She replied.

"Can't you tell? I'm an artist and this is my art". It mentioned to the dead body. "Tell me Zoicite, do you like to be interrupted when you are creating?"

She laughed, "Cut the crap. We both know why I'm here". She was already getting tired of their bantering. "What are you doing in Tokyo?"

"I thought I'd stop by for a little visit", It dragged the body over to a park bench and placed him in a sitting position. "Nothing more, nothing less".

"So you're not planing to set up shop here?" Ha, yeah right she knew it was lying.

"No it's just purely innocent, I swear". It attempted to act all innocent, but with the reputation it had, puppy dog faces wouldn't work. "Now if you mind I must be leaving". It winked at her.

"Good bye Zoicite". Then It disappeared into the shadows.

"Damn", she cursed. Beryl was going to be angry.

* * * * *

"Life is a highway. I'm gonna ride it all night long." Woke Serena with a start. She looked over at her clock radio and turned it off. She pulled herself out of bed. She put on her uniform and went to get her breakfast.

"Good morning Serena". Her mother greeted her putting her breakfast in front of her seat. "How was your sleep last night hunny?"

"Thanks mom. I slept fine". She lied, she barely got any sleep last night. She kept on having horrible dreams about that girl last night. In some of her dreams, instead of the girl, it was either her friends or herself who was killed. She looked down at her cereal. She didn't feel hungry.

"Serena, you better get going to school you'll be late". Her mother finished making a lunch for and put it in her bag.

"Bye mom", she quickly grabbed her bag and kissed her mom on the cheek. She dashed down the street just hoping that she would get to school on time. When Serena got to the gates of the school Ami, Lita and Mina were waiting outside for her. "Hi guys". She waved.

"Hey Serena!" Mina greeted warmly. "Ami called us last night and told us that you found something else out".

"Yeah… I'll explain it later at the scout meeting" Serena went to walk into the school. "Come on guys, we're going to be late". The girls followed after their friend.

* * * **

"Zoicite this news you bring me is very troubling". Beryl folded her hands across her lap. She looked down at Zoicite from her throne.

"I know Queen Beryl. That is why I came right away."

" Yes, we need to get rid of this problem as soon as possible". Beryl tried to think of the easiest way to exterminate this little problem. "I want to send some one good."

Zoicite looked at her, "I would suggest myself, if you don't mind my Queen."

Beryl frowned at the idea, "No, I cannot afford to lose you." She came up with a solution. "Pick your best man and send them. I want it to be done quickly. Tell them only what they need to know".

"Yes Queen Beryl, I'll get on it right away", With that she left in search of Yaru. She was the most skilled in this area.

Zoicite unlocked the metal door and stepped inside. "Yaru, your services are required".

"Yes Zoicite". The slithering female voice replied. Yaru came out of the darkness, her long scaly tail flowing behind her. Her snake like appearance would scare the average person. Zoicite never found her scary, even though her appearance could be considered horrifying.

"I need you to get ride of some one for me", She handed Yaru a picture. Yaru snatched it from her hand hands.

"Yes, very interesting". Yaru folded the picture. "He will not live to see tomorrow."

"That's what I like to hear". Zoicite smiled as she watched Yaru leave the room.

* * * * *

The girls, minus Rei, started walked over to the temple. The park was the nicest root there and they didn't have to be there for another 20 minutes. "I'm hungry", Serena stated.

" Don't worry Serena, you can eat when we get there". Lita smiled, "I made some cookies and I brought them with me".

Serena smiled brightly, "Yummy".

" Ahhh!" They heard some one scream from the alley. They all looked at each other before they deiced to go transform.

"Moon Prism Power!" Serena slowly became sailor moon.

" Mercury Power!" Ami yelled.

" Jupiter Power!" Lita said getting her green uniform.

Mina got into her yellow sailor scout clothes after transforming using, "Venus Power!"

They rushed into the alley. The looked down at the young woman who was lying on the ground, Ami quickly rushed over to her. "Are you alright?" The girl didn't say anything. Her eyes were shifting back and forth. "Don't worry you'll be alright, me and my friends will make sure of that".

The snake like woman emerged from the shadows. She slithered towards them. "So this is the scum that killed that girl" Lita said angrily. She got ready to attack it. "Jupiter Thunder Attack!" Jupiter's attack hit Yaru but it didn't effect her much. Yaru hissed at the Sailor Scout from Jupiter.

Yaru's tail came towards Jupiter and knocked her to the ground. "Mercury Bubbles Blast!" The alley became fogged so Yaru couldn't see where they were. "Serena quick! Come help me move her out of here". Serena grabbed the girl's legs while Ami took her hands. They picked her up and moved her out of the alley.

"Venus Crescent V…Smash!" Venus's crescent V hit Yaru slammed into the wall. "Sailor Moon" she yelled.

"Moon Tiara… Magic!" Her tiara hit Yaru dead on. Dusting Yaru on impact.

It watched from the shadows, those sailor scouts had done a favor for it. They were still a threat. They had his latest victim, it had really pissed him off when Yaru had attacked him. He was going to finish her off but he decided to let the little girls do his dirty work for him.

"Blink once for yes and twice for no. Do you understand?" Lita asked the young woman. The girl blinked once. "Okay, do you feel anything?" She blinked once slowly than she blinked again. "Don't worry we're going to get you to a hospital, my friend just called 911, an ambulance should be here any minute".

"Thank you", the girl mumbled.

"Shush don't try to speak", Serena said. "We have to go" she told Lita.

"Alright", the walked away before they heard the ambulance pull up. They met up with Rei at the temple. Luna and Artimis were waiting for them.

"What took you guys so long. You're all becoming more like Serena" Rei greeted them in an unpleasant manner.

"We got into a fight with a monster. We figure it was monster behind that girl's murder", Ami explained.

"Well, what happened?" Artimis asked anxiously.

"We were on our way here when we heard a girl scream." Mina started.

"So we rushed into the alley", Lita continued you could tell she was excited because she was talking fast. "We found this girl and she was paralyzed".

" A snake like monster attacked us. We killed it", Serena said finishing off for Lita.

"So you killed the monster. Excellent, now we won't have to deal with it anymore", Rei said.

"Are we sure this was the same monster?" Luna asked. She wanted them to be careful, with a monster like this you could never be too sure.

"It was a snake. It's venom could have paralyzing effects when bitten. Both kills had bite marks." Ami explained. She was sure that they had gotten the right monster. They had caught it right in the act for pete's sake.

"That's what you think". A voice said from far away. He would let these girls to continue to think he was dead. It would be easier for him if they did. He looked back to the girls who were now laughing at a joke that some one said. He studied the blond one; something about her struck him. He couldn't quite but his finger on it. "Hum, I better go find someone to drain". With that he went back into the shadow to look for his next victim.

AN And that is chapter 2. I hope you enjoyed it. Please review and tell me what you think.

Special thanks to Tramie ^_^

Until next time,

~*~ Shottsy ~*~