Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Shattered Hope ❯ Chapter 3 the Good the Bad the Ugly ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Shattered Hope

Chapter 3 The Good the Bad and the Ugly

Previously in Shattered Hope:

"So you killed the monster. Excellent, now we won't have to deal with it anymore", Rei said.

"Are we sure this was the same monster?" Luna asked. She wanted them to be careful, with a monster like this you could never be too sure.

"It was a snake. Its venom could have paralyzing effects when bitten. Both kills had bite marks." Ami explained. She was sure that they had gotten the right monster. They had caught it right in the act for pete's sake.

"That's what you think". A voice said from far away. He would let these girls to continue to think he was dead. It would be easier for him if they did. He looked back to the girls who were now laughing at a joke that some one said. He studied the blond one; something about her struck him. He couldn't quite but his finger on it. "Hum, I better go find someone to drain". With that he went back into the shadow to look for his next victim.

And it begins…

The mall was buzzing with people. It was a Saturday afternoon. The weather outside was miserable, so like every body else in the mall, Serena had decided to go shopping. "Serena I'm just going to step into the drug store. Do you need anything?" Her mom asked her.

Serena looked over at her mom, "Just some shampoo and conditioner". She smiled as her mother nodded and headed off in the direction of the drug store. Serena looked to see if she could spot Sammy. Why did that kid have to go run off?

After about a good five minutes of searching she spotted him over at the electronics store. "Sammy your not supposed to run off like that. Mom told you you've got to stay with me", she scolded him.

"Your boring. I don't want to have to follow you and look at all that girly stuff". He frowned and stuck out his tongue at her. She did the same thing. "Can I please go inside?" He gave her a puppy dogface.

"Okay fine but only for a few minutes. We don't want mom to worry about us." She walked in behind him. He ran straight over to the video games to go look at them.

She looked at one of the TVs. The news cast was on. She could faintly hear what the reporters were saying. Then she saw a body bag. "Can you please turn that up?" She was about to ask but somebody already cut her to the chase. She looked over and it was none other than Darien. /Great, that's all I need, to run into him./ She thought. She soon turned her attention back to the TV.

The newscaster was reporting from a park. "…this is the second body found. It seems to be a series of murders. The young man was believed to be killed two days ago. A woman walking her dog found him only a few minutes ago. Police are warning people to stay in at night and stay out of dark woods and alleyways…"

Serena's eye met with Darien's. When she realized that she was looking at him she turned away. She walked over to Sammy and grabbed him by the arm. "Come on Sammy, we're going." She then dragged him out of the store.

"Ouch!" He complained and he rubbed his arm when they stopped in front of the drug store.

"That hurt", He punched her in her arm.

"Sammy!" She yelled. "What did you do that for?"

"You hurt me first!" He argued.

"Sorry Sammy", She apologized, her mind drifting away. She was angry with herself. Why hadn't she killed that snake woman sooner, another person had died. She should have done something. But her thoughts also went towards Darien. Why did they look at each other at the same time?

"Serena? Hello, earth to Serena", Sammy waved his hands in front of her face. Pulling her out of her daze.

"Huh? What?" She asked confused, she looked down at him.

"Mom has been calling us. Come on", He pulled her hand to drag her off in the direction of their mother.

"Are we leaving yet?" Sammy asked annoyed. He wanted to go home and play video games.

"No Sammy, we just have to stop at one more store. We have to buy you some more underwear."

His mom replied. Sammy turned a deep red colour. "Serena, why don't you go look at the woman's section. I'll meet you at the cash in say half an hour?"

"Sure mom". Serena walked off through the department store. When she got home she would have to call the girls. She wondered if they had heard about the other murder yet. She looked at a stack of clothing. She didn't really see anything she liked so she moved to another rack. Her thoughts kept on drifting back to the newscast, and Darien. Hey, why was she thinking about that jerk?

She felt like some one was watching her. She turned around. She just saw the other shoppers looking at items in the store. She continued to look through the clothes but she didn't really see anything that she liked.

"Hum, maybe there's some good music". She decided to go over to the music section in the store. She rifled through some of the CDs. She still couldn't shake the feeling that some one was watching her. She looked over and noticed a young man looking at her. When she met his eyes he smiled. She blushed and turned her attention back to the CDs.

/Oh my god. Is he looking at me?/ She looked out from the corner of her eye. He looked back at her. She diverted her gaze. /He is looking at me./

He walked up to her, "Hi." He smiled.

"Hi." /Don't panic, just keep it cool./ She looked at him again. /He is so gorgeous./

"I'm Yukio". He smiled warmly at her.

She blushed, "I'm Serena".

"A lovely name for a lovely lady". She blushed again.

"Thank you", she replied shyly.

"I normally don't do this, but I was wondering if you weren't busy later that you might want to grab a bite to eat." He was a little nervous to ask her, he didn't know what her reply would be.

Did he just ask her out? That had never happened to her before. "Sure. I'd like that".

He smiled, "Can I have your number. So I can call you later." She scribbled it down on a piece of paper and handed it to him. "I have to go now, but I'll talk to you later", He turned around and walked away.

"Serena?" She was snapped out of her daze. She noticed her mother and Sammy waving at her. She joined them at the register.

"Get every thing you needed?" She asked her mom. She wanted to get home. She needed to talk with Ami, see what she knew about the attack on the young man in the woods.

"Yes dear, we'll head home as soon as I pay for these things". Her mom smiled and handed the cash to the lady at the register.

The ride home was quiet. It was mostly Sammy talking about the latest video game. Serena didn't say anything. She was off in her own world, she was deep in thought. So much had happened that day. First finding out that the snake monster had killed another person, then that guy asked her out. The most puzzling thing that had happened was when Darien and her both looked at each other at the same time. It had been right after they found out about the murder.

She wondered, did Darien know something? Why else would they look at each other. It confused her to no end. Finally they arrived at home. Serena got out of the car and headed to her room. The phone rang as soon as she got in. "Hello?"

"Serena it's Ami". Came the voice from the other end.

"Oh hi Ami. I was just about to call you", She sat down cross legged on her bed.

"So you saw the news report", Ami said.

"Yeah I caught it when I was at the electronic store at the mall."

"I already talked to the other girls. We're going to meet at Rei's temple in about half an hour."

"I'll see you then." She heard Ami say her good byes. "Bye bye."

The phone rang again. "Ami did you forget something?" She asked.

"Um…" Replied a masculine voice. "This is Yukio".

"Oh…" She realized what she had said. "OH…hi Yukio" She smiled, she wasn't expecting to hear from him so soon.

"I'm sorry if I called too soon." He apologized. He was nervous about calling her.

"No that's fine. I don't mind." She smiled. She could tell that he was nervous by his speech.

"Well I was just calling to see what was a good time for us to go out." There he said it, might as well just get it over with. He liked her, more than he would let on.

She wanted to say tonight, but she had to get over to Rei's. "Tonight's not good. How about tomorrow? Maybe we could get some lunch?" She was willing if there was food.

"That sounds good. I'll pick you up around 11?" He asked.

"Yeah that sounds good." She smiled. She was going on a date. Her first real date.

"Uh… Serena?" He asked.

"Yeah?"

"There's one problem. I don't know where you live."

"Oh… sorry", She told him her address. "I'll see you tomorrow". She was grinning from ear to ear when she got off the phone. She clutched the phone to her chest. Then she realized that she was late. "Rei is going to kill me." She quickly grabbed her stuff and dashed out the door.

He watched her walk down the street. Most likely to her friend's temple. What was it about her that made him so drawn to her? He didn't understand.

/I am so late!/ She thought as she rushed. She ran into a little boy. He was crying. "Hey, what's wrong?" She asked him. He hugged onto her legs.

"It's my mommy", He continued to cry. "The ugly looking monster hurt her. She told me to get help."

Serena panicked. "Where's your mommy now?" Her eyes scanned the area.

"Over there, beyond the trees." He cried. He was worried about his mom. He hoped this lady could help her.

Serena looked around, the place was practically deserted. She looked down at the little boy. "I need you to do me a favor. I want you to stay right here, can you do that for me?"

He nodded and wiped his tear soaked eyes. Serena let go of him and went to a place where she thought it was safe to transform. "Moon Prism Power!" She ran around the bushes to see what was going on. The fancy dressed monster stood over the boy's mother. The monster's pearl necklace around the woman's throat.

"Stop right there", Serena announced her presence. The monster, which looked like she just walked out of a débutante ball, turned to look at her. It did not loosen it's grip on the pearls. "I am Sailor Moon, Champion of justice, love and peace. On behalf of the moon, I will punish you!" Serena pointed at the monster at the conclusion of her speech.

Before she had a chance to react, the monster's fan came slashing at her face. It only missed her by inches because… She looked down at the ground. She hadn't felt the arms encircle her waist. She realized that Tuxedo Mask had come to her rescue in the nick of time.

He set her down on the ground. The monster came at them again. Tuxedo Mask threw a rose, hitting it's fan out of it's hand. "My turn", Serena said, but the monster came at her with it's necklace. It wrapped around her left hand. With her right hand she grabbed her tiara. It was a little difficult but she managed to do it. "Moon… Tiara… Magic". It slammed into the monster. But at the exact same time, the monster had thrown it's fan at her. It hit Serena hard enough that she was thrown into the lake.

"Sailor Moon!" Tuxedo Mask yelled. He dived into the lake after her. He couldn't find her. He dived under again. He spotted her at the bottom and swam towards her. He pulled her out and placed her on the grass. She wasn't breathing, he would have to do mouth to mouth.

He tilted her head back, and opened her mouth. He put his lips over hers and breathed into her mouth. Her eyes opened and he pulled back. She then tilted to the side and spat out the water she swallowed. He rubbed her back while she coughed up the water. It was sort of an intimate gesture. She turned back to look at him, he was sitting behind her.

"Are you alright?" He asked her. She only looked into his eyes. /Why does she seem so familiar?/ He thought to himself.

She stared into his eyes. They seemed so familiar, like she had seen them somewhere before. She realized that she had been staring at him, she blushed. "Thank you for saving my life".

He gave her a genuine smile, "Don't mention it." He helped her to her feet. "I have to go…" Then she did something she herself didn't expect to do. She kissed him.

Once she realized what she had done, she mumbled 'sorry' and headed in the other direction. He grabbed her by the shoulder and turned her around to face him. He crashed his lips down on hers. Then the kiss ended, leaving her breathless. He disappeared off into the day, jumping from rooftop to rooftop.

She stood still in awe, her fingers on her lips where the remains of his kiss still lingered. "Wow." was all she could say. /I kissed him, and he kissed me back./ She smiled.

The man in the car glared at the man in the tuxedo. Tuxedo Mask might prove to be a problem. But nothing he couldn't handle. He rolled up his window and looked away from the pretty blond. He would have her, even if it were the last thing he did.

And that's the end of chapter 3. I hope you liked it. I'd like to thank :

/Raven/- to answer your first question, the new guy is (cut out because of static) bother. And to your second question the answer will be revealed soon enough…

/Sarah/- I'm sorry if you thought my story wasn't original…I tried to make it that way…Maybe I should stop writing it if that is how you feel…

/Tramie/- thanks for your continued support. And for being a kick ass writer.

Please read and review. Thanks to all,

~*~Shottsy~*~