Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Shattered Hope ❯ Into the Mind of a Psycho: Part One ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Shattered Hope

Chapter 4- Into the Mind of A Psycho: Part One

Previously in Shattered Hope:

Once she realized what she had done, she mumbled 'sorry' and headed in the other direction. He grabbed her by the shoulder and turned her around to face him. He crashed his lips down on hers. Then the kiss ended, leaving her breathless. He disappeared off into the day, jumping from rooftop to rooftop.

She stood still in awe, her fingers on her lips where the remains of his kiss still lingered. "Wow." was all she could say. /I kissed him, and he kissed me back./ She smiled.

The man in the car glared at the man in the tuxedo. Tuxedo Mask might prove to be a problem. But nothing he couldn't handle. He rolled up his window and looked away from the pretty blond. He would have her, even if it were the last thing he did.

Now on with the show…

Serena walked into her house, her mother and father were sitting down watching TV. She hoped that they wouldn't notice that she came in late. She tried to slowly slink up the stair. "Hello Serena", Damn, she had been caught. She stopped before her foot hit the first step.

"Hi dad", She turned around to face him.

"Do you realize that you are late?" He asked her, turning off the TV.

She nervously bit her lip, "Yes… I'm sorry but I had to wait until I could get a ride home from Rei's".

"Serena you're a half an hour late! You could have called me or your father to come pick you up", Her mother said joining the conversation. She motioned for Serena to join them on the couch.

"I'm sorry, I didn't want you to have to come pick up when I already was getting a ride", She hoped her parents would let her off the hook.

"Alright Serena..." Her father began, "I'll let you off the hook this time because you got a ride home." He turned the TV back on, signaling that the conversation was over. Serena moved to get up.

"Serena did you eat at Rei's?" Her mother asked, getting up at the same or close to the same time. Serena smiled at the mention of food. "Would you like me to fix something up for you?"

"Sure", Serena said happily even though she had already eaten dinner once today. She followed her mom into the kitchen.

"Oh Serena some boy called for you earlier today, I believe his name was Yukio". Her mom told her. Her mother thought it was a very aggressive name, why would anyone want to give their child a name with the meaning 'he gets what he wants'?

"Thanks mom". /Yukio./ She had completely forgot about him. She had been so swept up in the kiss she shared with Tuxedo Mask. Her thoughts drifted back to earlier this evening, to the passionate embrace they shared.

"Serena? I wrote down Yukio's number, I put it on the fridge" Her mother noticed her daughter off in La La Land. She thought that Serena was day dreaming about this boy. Next time he called for Serena she would have a little chat with him.

She realized that her mother was talking to her. "Sure I'm going to go to my room if you need me", Serena quickly grabbed the number and rushed up stairs. She looked at his number. /Why would he call me? We already talked today./ She found it a little weird. Then she thought that maybe he had forgotten her address. She also thought that maybe he wanted to call the date off.

She dialed the number, she wanted to know which one was the answer. "Hello is Yukio there?"

"Yes this is Yukio", replied the groggy voice on the other end.

"Hi this is Serena, I didn't wake you up did I?" She would hate herself if she woke him up.

He smiled at her concerned tone, "No I wasn't sleeping, you didn't wake me up".

Serena gave a sigh of relief. "My mom told me that you called. What did you want to talk to me about?"

He carefully chose his words, "I… uh… forgot your address". That sounded possible, didn't it?

"Oh, that's okay I'll just give it to you again." So she was right, he didn't want to call off their date. She wasn't exactly sure if she still wanted to go to lunch with him. She was confused about what happened earlier today with Tuxedo Mask.

There was a nock on her door, "Can you hang on just a second?" She asked Yukio.

"Yeah," He didn't like that she had do go, he enjoyed hearing the sound of her voice.

She put the phone on hold, walked over to her door and opened it. It was her mother. "You have to get off the phone Serena, you know the rules". With that her mother left, closing the door behind her.

"Yukio?" She asked into the phone to check that he was still there.

"Yes?" He ran his fingers through his brown hair.

"I'm sorry but that was my mom. She told me I have to get off the phone". She tried to apologize, she felt bad that they had to end their conversation.

"Oh that sucks", He tried not to sound completely bummed. "I guess that I'll see you tomorrow then".

"Alright, I'll see you tomorrow. Bye Yukio." She hung up the phone. She changed into her pj's and brushed her teeth. She walked back into her room to notice that Luna was looking at her with inquiring eyes. "Hey Luna". She sat down on her bed.

" Serena…I wanted to talk about this `Yukio' fellow" Luna didn't really trust this guy, he seemed a little too pushy.

Serena looked down at the blue feline, "What is there to talk about?"

"Are you going to go out on a date with him?" Luna didn't want her to go any where with him, he seemed off and she had never even seen him.

After tucking herself in she looked back at Luna, " No, we're just going out for lunch. It's not a date." /I think./ She said quietly to herself.

"Well I'm coming with you", Luna said, not about to budge.

Serena protested at first, "Luna…" Luna just looked at her. "Alright Luna you can come but if we go to a restaurant you can't come in". With that the conversation ended. Serena lay back down and pulled the covers over her chin. Luna nestled down at her side, rubbing herself against Serena's stomach. "Good night Luna", Serena said sleepily.

~*~Dream~*~

The little blond girl with pig tails ran through the wild flowers. She giggled as she spun around until she fell down onto the grass. "Look at all the pretty flowers mommy!" She said excitedly. The little girl ran up to her mother and hugged her knees.

Her mother smiled a warm genuine smile, "Yes they are aren't they." The woman took the flower her daughter had handed her. Her mother studied it and tears came to her mom's eyes. /It reminds me of him, so beautiful and delicate./

"Mommy, where's daddy?" The little girl questioned her mother. She noticed her mother began to cry.

"Serena," She didn't know how to explain it to her daughter. She knelt down next to her taking her daughter into her embrace. "Your daddy…" She trailed off. "Your daddy has gone to a better place".

"Why would daddy leave us. Doesn't he love us?" The little girl thought she had done something to make her daddy leave them. She began to cry.

"No Serena, of course your daddy loves us. It wasn't his choice". She hugged her daughter close to her. Serena was too young to understand about death.

Serena noticed that her mother was sobbing. She had felt warm tears touch her forehead where her mom's face was resting. "Mommy, will everything be okay?"

Queen Serenity looked down into her daughter's eyes, she wanted to desperately believe that everything would be alright. "It will be in time", She tried to soothe her daughter.

"I love you mommy," Serena hugged her mom tighter. She didn't want to loose her too.

Serena could never possibly know how much she helped her mother that day. "I love you too Serena". She kissed her daughter's cheek. She then felt someone approach behind her. She realized who it was and soon stood up. "Why don't you go off and play okay? Don't go off too far".

"Okay mommy," Serena walked away. Her mommy and her advisor Keahi started to talk. Serena spotted a beautiful blue butterfly; it landed on her nose. She giggled. The butterfly flapped it's wings, causing her to sneeze. It started to fly away from her. "Come back here butterfly!" She started to chase it. Not looking where she was going, she tripped over a rock. She landed on her knees, scraping them. She started to cry. They hurt really badly.

She looked up to see a little boy with jet black hair standing in front of her. "Are you alright?"

She sniffled and wiped her eyes, he helped her up. "Thank you", She said softly. She dusted off her dress. Mommy would be mad that she got it dirty.

"My names Darien, what's yours?" He was maybe 7 or 8. He smiled at her warmly.

"Serenity", She blushed as she replied quietly.

"Yes, the king and queen arrived from earth a few minutes ago. I thought that I should inform you that they were here", Keahi said.

"Yes, just let me get Serena." She turned around and panicked, Serena was gone. "Where's Serena?" She scanned the area, but she couldn't see her baby anywhere.

"She was playing over there a minute ago", Keahi stated the obvious. "I'm sure she hasn't run off too far, we'll find her".

"Serena!" Queen Serenity yelled frantically. She raced across the wild flower field. Desperately trying to spot the blond haired girl. Finally, she saw Serena talking to a little black haired boy.

"Serena your okay!" Serenity picked up Serena into a big hug, lifting her off the ground. "Don't you ever scare me like that again, young lady. You had me worried to death".

"I'm sorry mommy, I didn't mean to." She looked sad, then she smiled, "I made a new friend." She pointed to Darien.

"Hello", The little boy replied politely.

"And what's your name?" Serenity asked him.

"Darien."

"Prince Darien?" Serenity inquired. He must be the young prince from the earth.

"Yes, my parents told me I could go play and then I found Serena crying." He then realized something at that moment, "Are you Queen Serenity?"

"Yes I am", She smiled. She liked this little boy. "Where are your parents now?"

"I believe that they went inside the moon palace".

Serenity turned to her daughter, "Serena, why don't you take your friend with you to get some snacks in the kitchen".

Serena's face brightened at the mention of food, "Come on Darien!" She grabbed his hand and dragged him into the palace kitchen.

Serena felt a pull on her ear, she moved to swat it away and heard a yelp. She opened her eyes to see Luna glaring at her. "Luna why did you have to go wake me up! Its Sunday morning, I need to sleep in!"

"Serena you need to get up, its 10:00. I've been trying to wake you up for an hour." The cat complained.

Serena glared at the cat, then she remembered her date with Yukio was in half an hour. She smacked herself on the head. "I'm going to be late for my date!" She rushed around looking for something suitable to wear.

Serena finally picked an outfit that she liked after 10 minutes. She finally had time to rest, she tried to remember her dream but she couldn't all she knew is that she liked it and that it was a good dream.

She put on a pair of running shoes on just as her mom yelled up to her, "Serena there's some one here to see you".

"Coming!" She yelled down the stairs. She rushed to see Yukio standing at the front door. "Hi Yukio!" She waved.

He smiled, "You look very pretty today".

She blushed at the complement, "Thanks".

"Are you ready to go eat?" He offered her his arm.

"Yes." She took it and locked arms with him. She followed him out to his car. He mentioned for her to get in. "Do we really have to drive, it really is a nice day. Can't we walk?"

"Sure, it is a nice enough day, I guess we could walk", He was willing to do any thing to spend time with her. "So where do you want to go eat?"

"Humm…" She thought about a place with good food, "How about the Crown Arcade. That way we can eat and play video games".

"Sounds like a plan". Yukio wanted to start a conversation. He wanted to get to know her better.

"So what's your favorite food?"

"Doughnuts, that's my favorite food", All this talk about food was making her hungry. After all, she hadn't even eaten breakfast. "What's your favorite food?"

"Pizza… I guess it's a common one but it's really good." He smiled. This conversation was really starting to kick off. "What's you favorite col…" He was cut off by a new voice.

"Serena, hey!" It was one of her friends. Lita, to be exact.

"Hey Lita, how's it going?" Some how Serena didn't mind the interruption, in fact she quite welcomed it.

"Good", She spotted the handsom guy that Serena was talking to. "Serena's who's this?" She gestured to Yukio.

"Oh! I forgot, Lita this is Yukio", She looked at him, "Yukio, this is my friend Lita".

"It's very nice to meet you Yukio", Lita shook his hand; he had a firm grip.

"It's very nice to meet you too Lita", He replied. He thought that she was nosey.

"So, where are you guys headed off to?"

"We were just about to go over to the arcade", Serena smiled, knowing Lita she would ask to come along.

And her prediction was right, "Well I was just on my way there, do you guys mind if I tag along?"

Serena looked at Yukio as if to ask for permission, he looked hesitant, "Sure Lita, we wouldn't mind would we?"

"Of course we wouldn't mind", Yukio said putting on a fake smile. They walked towards the Arcade.

And this is where I am going to end it. Sorry its been taking me a while to get this chapter out, I've been working on my other story Black Tide co-written with Tramie and I've also been helping my friend SkyRaven with his story.