Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Shattered Hope ❯ Into the Mind of a Psycho: Part Two ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Shattered Hope

Chapter 5- Into the Mind of A Psycho: Part 2

A.N: I was just wondering if anybody is reading this story, if you are please let me know if you want me to continue.

Previously in shattered hope:

"So where are you guys headed off to?"

"We were just about to go over to the arcade" Serena smiled knowing Lita she would ask to come along.

And her prediction was right, "Well I was just on my way there do you guys mind if I tag along".

Serena looked at Yukio as if to ask for permission, he looked hesitant, "Sure Lita we wouldn't mind would we?"

"Of course we wouldn't mind", Yukio said putting on a fake smile. They walked towards the Arcade.

And now on with the show…

The mid-day sun was shining brightly as Serena, Yukio and Lita walked down the street towards the Crown Arcade. "So Yukio, where are you from? I haven't seen you at school before", Lita asked, she wanted to know a little bit about this guy Serena was hanging around with.

"I'm originally from here but a couple of years ago my father got offered a job in America so we moved out there." He explained, "We moved back, my mother and I… after my father died", he said sadly.

"I'm sorry Yukio I didn't know", Serena felt bad. /There is a lot of things I don't know about you./ She silently added.

"Don't be, I've come to an understanding with my pain." He replied blankly. Both Serena and Lita hopped they hadn't dug off harsh memories.

They rest of the walk there was silent, only few things were said. The conversation had pretty much died. As they walked into the arcade, Ami, Mina and Rei spotted them and signaled them to come over. "Serena, Lita over here" Mina called out.

Lita waved to them and walked over taking a seat in the booth. Serena looked at Yukio, "I know it was supposed to be just us but do you mind if we sit with my friends?"

"No, I don't mind. I'd like to meet your friends, see what they have to say about you", He joked.

She frowned, "Anything bad they say about me it's not true". They made their way over to the booth that her friends were occupying. "Hey guys", Serena sat on the seat and Yukio pulled up a chair from another table. "Guys, I'd like you to met Yukio".

"Hi, I'm Mina", Mina offered her hand, he shook it. "This is Ami," She pointed to the blue hair girl sitting next to her. Ami waved. "And that is Rei," She motioned towards the girl that was sitting next to Lita across the table.

"Hi." Yukio said to both Ami and Rei.

Andrew came over to their table to take their orders, "What do you guys want to eat?"

"I'll have just have a soda", Ami answered.

"Just tea for me please", Rei said.

Andrew looked at Mina, "Fries please".

"And for you Lita?" Andrew asked after jotting down the previous orders.

"Oh, water for me. I already ate".

"Serena?" He looked at the blond who looked very hungry.

Serena smiled, "I'll have a double hot fudge Sunday", She smiled. She was more than hungry, she was famished.

"I'll have the same", Yukio replied, he wanted to know what she liked.

"Alright. I'll be back in a couple of minutes with your orders", With that Andrew walked off.

"So Yukio, what school are you attending?" Ami asked, of course she would bring up school.

"I haven't enrolled in one yet, I just moved here earlier this week." He replied, he hoped Serena's friends wouldn't ask him a bunch of question, especially ones he didn't know the answers to.

"You should hurry, the second term is about to begin", Ami added.

"I am. I'm supposed to meet with the principal on Monday to talk about it." Yukio really was starting to find her friends pesky. The silence started to build until Andrew came over with their drinks. He placed them in front of Ami, Rei and Lita. Then he returned to the counter. Serena looked over and noticed that Darien wasn't there. /Why am I thinking about that jerk again?/

"Serena, hello earth to Serena", Lita waved her hands in front of Serena face.

"What?"

Lita looked at her with confusion. Andrew had already came and given Serena her food and she didn't even acknowledge that he had done so. "Serena aren't you going to eat your food?"

Serena looked in front of her, noticing that in fact there was a double hot fudge Sunday in the spot in front of her. She picked up her spoon and started to eat, she felt eyes watching her. She realized that Yukio was watching her eat. She felt a little uncomfortable under his gaze. /Does he have to watch me while I eat?/ She never thought that she would do this but she suddenly lost her appetite.

Rei picked up on this, "I have to use the washroom", Thus causing both Serena and Lita to get up as well. Lita sat back down after Rei got up, "Serena, why don't you come with me?"

"Um…" Rei grabbed Serena by the hand and dragged her away from the table.

"Ouch! Rei, you hurt my wrist", Serena rubbed it after they got into the bathroom. "What was that all about?"

"I could ask you the same thing," Rei had concern in her voice. "What was up with your sudden loss of appetite. Is some thing wrong? Are you sick?" Rei placed her wrist on Serena's forehead to check her temperature.

Serena swatted Rei's hand away, "No, I'm not sick". She paused and looked into Rei's eyes, trying to find the right words to describe it. "It's just that Yukio was looking at me…" She trailed off.

"Oh and you didn't want to pig out like your usual self?" Rei chuckled.

Serena gave her a stern look, "No, when he looked at me I felt really uncomfortable. I didn't like it." She protectively wrapped her arms around herself. "It made me feel so… so dirty".

"Serena that's not good", Rei had been suspicious of Yukio from the start, he didn't seem right.

"Maybe I should take you home." Rei gave her a worried look.

"Rei, you don't really need to", Serena's gaze was down on the floor.

"No, I don't want you going anywhere with this guy alone", Rei demand it of her, "I'm walking you home, come on".

"Okay", Serena said quietly. She wanted to go home, she felt really uncomfortable.

They made their way back to the table, Lita was about to stand up to make room for Rei, "No it's okay Lita, Serena isn't feeling well. I offered to walk her home".

"No, it's okay. I'll walk Serena home." Yukio protested.

"I already offered and I wouldn't want you to have to go out of your way," Rei said through gritted teeth. She was really starting to detest him.

"I'm sorry Yukio, but Rei's right, maybe I'll talk to you later", Serena didn't really want to look at him, her stomach was actually starting to hurt.

"Are you sure? I mean that killer is still on the loose, I wouldn't want anything to happen to you", He stood up.

"Thanks for your concern but we can take care of ourselves." Rei insisted.

"I still think…" He began.

Rei noticed that Darien had come in, "That's okay, we're walking home with Darien," Rei said, pulling over a very confused Darien. "Isn't that right Darien".

Darien just looked at her, then she elbowed him, "Um… yes that's right?" He questioned.

"Yup, so now here is us going! Bye!" Rei grabbed both Serena and Darien and walked out of the Arcade, much to Yukio's protests.

When they were further down the street Darien stopped them, "What was going on back there?" He didn't know why he was dragged into it.

"It's none of your business," Serena said in a less than pleasant tone.

"It is my business now meat ball head. You just dragged me into it", He insulted her. She glared at him.

"We just needed to leave and we didn't want Yukio to walk with us," Rei answered him. Darien looked even more confused. He scratched his head.

"But we don't need you any more, so we'll be going." Serena said, trying to pull Rei with her.

"Okay," Darien still continued to be confused.

"Bye!" Rei said as Serena dragged her away.

* * * * *

"I'm okay Rei, you don't need to stay with me." Serena stood inside her house with Rei. She was trying to convince her to leave but Rei didn't want to leave Serena alone. Her parents weren't even home.

"Are you sure Serena, I wouldn't mind staying".

Serena smiled at Rei's kindness. When Rei wanted to, she could be a really good friend, "I'm sure Rei, I'll be fine." She ushered Rei to the door.

"100 percent sure?" Rei said from the doorway.

"Yes I'm sure, see you tomorrow Rei", Serena closed the door behind her. She walked into the kitchen to get something to eat. She figured that her sickness was caused because she didn't eat anything. She went and pulled something out of the fridge. The house was completely silent except for the humming of the fridge. The phone rang, making Serena jump and drop her food. She hesitantly walked over to answer it. She looked at the number on the caller I.D. It was Yukio.

She dropped the phone and let it ring, it scared her a lot. The phone continued to ring until it got the answering machine. Then it started ringing again. She backed away. /Why did he keep on calling her?/ Again the phone rang. She ran over to it and disconnected the phone. /Why did I make Rei go home?/

She was scared now, what if he was watching her. She would never know. She ran up to the front door to make sure it was locked, then she raced to the back to door to check that one. "Luna!" She called out into the house.

She raced up to her bedroom, she saw Luna sitting on her bed with inquiring eyes. She turned around and locked her door. Luna sat up startled. Serena went to her window and closed the blinds.

"Serena what's going on?" Luna demanded after witnessing Serena's odd behavior. "Tell me what's going on!"

Serena slightly opened the curtains to look outside. She scanned the street for any sign of him. "Luna, it's Yukio".

Luna hissed she didn't like that boy. "What did he do?"

Serena sat on her bed. "Today when we went on our date, he kept on looking at me funny. It made me feel really uncomfortable, so I wanted to leave. Rei was going to walk me home, but he wanted to come too. And neither of us wanted him to come, so we got Darien to leave with us so he wouldn't come. When I got home Yukio kept on calling", She was scared, "I disconnected the phone, I don't know how he knew I was home yet, unless he followed me".

Luna scowled, "Do you think he followed you?"

Serena hugged her knees, "I don't know. I can't be sure".

"I think we should call some one over there," Luna commented, she couldn't protect Serena if he did show up. Just then they heard a voice.

"Serena are you home?" It was her mother. Her family must be home.

"I'm up here mom," She called out. She went to her door and opened it.

"Oh there you are hunny." She hugged her mom. Her mom was a little shocked at first but in turn she hugged Serena back. "Are you okay sweetie?" She smoothed Serena's hair.

"Yes, I think I'm going to take a nap." Serena yawned, maybe she really was tired.

"Alright hunny, call me if you need anything." Her mother smiled and left the room.

Serena flopped herself down on the bed, she got under the covers. She noticed Luna watching her but she was tired and wanted to sleep. "We'll talk later Luna". She felt her eyelids get heavy, sleep coming over her.

~*~Dream~*~

"Serena wait up!" A 10 year old Mina ran up to her cousin. Mina tucked her hair behind her ear. Even with the bow in her hair, some of it fell into her face.

"Oh, hi Mina!" Serena was happy to see her cousin. She hadn't seen her in weeks. They hugged. "Its great to see you, I've missed you".

Mina smiled, "I've missed you too, but I know that you've missed Prince Darien more".

Serena blushed, it had been almost a year since she had last seen him. Mina laughed at her cousin. "Mina!"

"So are you excited to see him again?" Serena nodded, "Isn't he coming today?"

"Yes", Serena was excited; she had been waiting all week for today. His parents were coming to talk to her mother about business, no less. She didn't really care why he was here, just that he was. "He should be arriving soon," She smiled.

"Well come, let's go to the palace and wait for him." Mina grabbed her hand and dragged her through the gardens to the front entrance. By the looks of it, they had already arrived.

"Well there is the two of you, I've been looking for you", Osanagokoro said to her daughter and her niece.

"Sorry, we were just coming in from the gardens", Mina apologized.

"Serenity, your mother wants you to go to the throne room so you can great you guests", Serena nodded and walked down the vast hall towards the throne room, Mina hot on her tail.

Serena spotted her mother talking to the king and queen from Earth. Next to them she spotted Darien, he was looking around when he spotted her he smiled and waved. She waved back. They met each other half way. " Serena, it's good to see you again". He hugged her.

"It's good to see you too," She felt a small blush rise in her cheeks at the contact.

Mina coughed behind them, they broke apart and looked behind them. "Oh… Darien, you remember my cousin Mina?"

"How could I forget. You were the one who threw mud at me", He smirked.

Serena laughed. That was funny, the first time that Darien had met Mina she accidentally threw mud at his face. She thought that Darien was Serena. It was pretty dull in the room, basically a bunch of adults. "Do you guys want to go for a walk?" Serena asked.

"Sure," Darien replied happily.

"Um… I'm actually going to pass, I think my mom was calling me. Coming mom!" Mina walked off patting Serena on the back.

/Damn you Mina./ She silently cursed her cousin. "Ready to go?" He asked, offering her an arm.

She took it. They reached outside and it was later than mid-day but the sun still shone beautifully. It was the perfect time of the season, all the cherry blossoms were in bloom. "So what's new in your life?" Darien asked.

"Nothing much, same old same old," She sat down on the rim of the sparkling fountain. "How about you?"

"My parents put me in training. It's okay so far, hard work though," He ran his fingers over the pedals of a fallen Cherry Blossom.

"Combat training?" She had her gaze on his hands fiddling with the blossom.

"Yes, my father said that that's what he did when he was a boy", He looked at Serena, she met his eyes, "He says it will `help me build character'".

"Do you like it, you sort of seem to not favor it much," She ran her hand through the fountain water.

"There's other things I'd rather do than train." He replied. His father made him train three hours a day and with the studies he never got to see his friends much.

"Me too, I have to train but it's okay because my friends are there too," She tried to make him feel better. "What else do you do besides train?"

"School work," He grumbled.

"That good huh," She made him smile, "I'm not good at school work either".

"Maybe it's because of those meat balls." He teased her.

"Hey", She playfully swatted him, "What's wrong with my hair?"

"Nothing, they just look funny". She frowned at him, "I'm kidding I think they look… cute".

A small smiled crept onto her face, "I mean, once you get past the part where they look like food".

"Hey!" She stuck her tongue out at him, "That's not fair!" She splashed water at him. He jumped back; the water was dripping down his clothes.

He smirked evilly; she knew that look, "Now you going to get it". He splashed up water at her.

She jumped back and squealed. She glared at him, then she noticed that he was about to do it again so she took off running in the direction of the wild flower field. He was close behind her.

She looked over her shoulder, not looking in front of her she tripped. Two hands encircled around her waist, stopping her from smashing into the ground face first. Darien helped her up,

"Thank you," Serena felt a blush rising on her cheeks.

"No problem," He replied, not noticing that he still had Serena in his arms.

"Um… Darien?" She felt a little weird, not that she didn't like being in his arms. In fact she really felt comfortable.

He was confused until he realized what was going on, "Oh". He let go of her, missing the warmth that she was giving off. She blushed and turned her back to him. "Serena how is it that each time we see each other you end up tripping over something?"

Why was she so embarrassed? It's not like she's never hugged him before, what was different about this time? " Serena? Serena wake up hunny".

Serena slowly opened her eyes to see her mother leaning over her, "Mom, what time is it?"

"It's 6:30." Her mother replied with a smile, "You've been asleep for quite some time; some one looks happy. Were you having a good dream?"

"Yeah, I can't really remember it though". /Except that I was dreaming about Darien, why would I dream about him?/ She shook it off as nothing, just some fluke dream. The rest of the night she kept on thinking back to her dream, it was all she could think about. For the most part the dream was foggy, but the one thing that was crystal clear was that it felt good to be in his arms. It felt so familiar, she felt so safe, like she belonged there.

He watched as the blond goddess lowered herself to her bed. She sure was an interesting specimen. "Serenity, how could you forget yourself?" He silently asked her sleeping form. He noticed the back light being turned on. He jumped away from his perch in the tree and returned to his car. As he was about to get inside an arm blocked him. "Hello Zoicite, how can I help you?"

"You know that Beryl wants to see you," The blond general replied. She had spent a good part of the day looking for him. Good thing she didn't have to go back to the twins.

"Well if she really wanted to see me she wouldn't have sent her lap dog now would she," He smirked as Zoicite growled at him.

"Listen, whether you like it or not your coming with me", Zoicite grabbed his hair and slammed his face into the dash board of his car. He grunted in pain. She brought her knee into his stomach.

"You'll pay for that!" He spat at her. He digs his elbow into her rips, causing her to fall over in pain. Then he kicked her in her side once she was on the ground.

She grabbed his leg, then faded into the Negaverse. She let go of him. Beryl was only a few feet away from them. "How nice of you to join us," Beryl's voice greeted him.

He scowled, "Why am I here Beryl?"

"Oh I think you know pretty well why you are here," She rose from her throne and walked towards him and her fallen general.

It wasn't in the mood for this, "I think I got the hint when you tried to kill me".

Beryl smiled, "Oh, so you did get my little welcome present?"

"Yes and what a welcome it was. I hope it wasn't one of your best monsters. It would be a shame you know, considering how fast those sailor scout girls took it out," He mocked her. His head slammed back as she slapped him across the face. He laughed as he wiped the blood off his lip.

"How dare you! How dare you come here and think that you can try to take over! This is my domain!" She yelled at him, she was furious with him.

"Like I care about that!" He laughed, an evil glint in his black eyes. Beryl didn't like that look, she had seen it before.

She slowly backed away from him, fear in her eyes. "What are you doing?" She tried to make a run for it but he appeared in front of her.

"Where do you think you're going?" He blocked her with his arm. "You're not leaving here". He grinned. His hands grabbed both sides of her face; he felt her power fill his body. It was like a drug. She looked at him weakly, pleading for her life. He only smiled as the last ounce of her energy filled his body.

Preview for next chapter

Yukio noticed that Serena and Darien were holding hands, he frowned at his. "Who's this?"

"This is Darien…" Serena began she didn't know exactly what she was going to say.

"Her boyfriend," Darien finished he glared at Yukio, he defiantly didn't like him.