Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Shattered Hope ❯ Misunderstood Desires ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Shattered Hope

Chapter 7 Misunderstood Desires

Previously in shattered hope:She turned around, she knew she couldn't keep running so she turned around to face the music. "No I didn't, I just in a rush. Sorry I can't talk I have to leave". She turned to go.

He grabbed her arm, "What's the rush?"

His hold was tight, "Yukio please let go, your hurting me." He still wouldn't let go.

And now on with the show…

"Mom, have you seen my pink sweater?" Serena rifled through her drawers in search of her light pink sweater.

Her mother walked by her door caring a laundry basket, "No sweetie, I haven't. Are you sure it's not in your laundry basket?"

"No I already looked for it in there. I can't find it," she frowned. It was one of her favourite sweaters. She really wanted to wear it but she couldn't find it.

"Then I don't know what to tell you. Maybe it's buried in that mess that you call a closet," her mother placed her clean clothes on her dresser. "Put these away." She instructed Serena.

She walked down the hall to her brother's room, "Sammy did you take my pink sweater?"

"No, why would I want your stupid girlie sweater?" She glared at him. He stuck his tongue out at her.

"Mom, Sammy stole my sweater!" She yelled to her mother. Sammy hit her and started to run away from her. "Get back here twerp!" She took off after him, chasing him around the house.

"Mom, tell him to give it back!" She ran past her mom and pouted.

Sammy crossed his arms across his chest, "Mom, tell her that I don't have it."

"Serena stop fighting with your brother." She looked at Sammy, "And if you have your sister's shirt you should give it back to her."

"But I don't have her shirt," Sammy whined.

"Fine," She looked back at her daughter, "Sammy doesn't have your shirt."

Serena huffed, "Then where is my shirt?"

"Do you remember where you had it last?" Her mother asked.

"No," she frowned. She really wanted to wear that shirt today. Then she realized that she had better get going. She was supposed to meet the others at the temple in a couple of minutes. "I'm going to go to Rei's now. I'll be back in a couple of hours!" She yelled as she headed out the door.

She was rushing, but she didn't really want to get to Rei's on time. She didn't know what Rei's reaction would be to the news. She knew that the other girls would have told her that Serena and Darien came to school together. They would have questions. Serena didn't really want to answer them. She was really confused right now. Her communicator started beeping. She reached into her pocket. "Sailor Moon," the voice of Luna came from the other end.

"Luna, what is it?" She asked concerned.

"There's a monster at the mall and we need you to come here right away," Luna's voice replied quickly. Serena could hear a fight going on in the background.

"I'll be there soon," she quickly switched of the device and went into the alley and transformed into Sailor Moon. "Moon… Prism… Power!" She dashed down the street in the direction of the mall.

She felt two arms slip around her and lift her off the ground. "Need a lift?" Tuxedo Mask had seen her running down the street. Most likely heading the same way he was; to the mall.

She blushed slightly, remembering the kiss that they shared. Now she was once again in his arms. "Thanks." He jumped from roof top to roof top. Finally they landed in the parking lot. He set her down on the ground. She didn't have time to thank him again. From the sound of the fight, the scouts were losing.

She rushed in only to see Sailor Jupiter be thrown against a far wall. "Jupiter!" Venus yelled.

Venus glared at the green scaly monster before her. "Venus… Crescent… V… Smash!"

The monster only stumbled backwards a little bit before it recomposed its self. It lashed out two wind cutters in her direction. Venus was almost out of the way but it nicked her on the leg, making her fall to the floor. Sailor Moon rushed over to her and dragged her out of the way just as more wind cutters came in their direction.

"Mercury… Bubbles… Blast!" The room soon became foggy. The monster was confused but it used its sense of smell to find out where they were. It grabbed Mercury, but no one was able to see it through the bubbles. All they heard was a little 'eep', then silence. Mercury fainted from the toxin the monster had emitted into her body.

The monster came into view and Sailor Mars decided to take a chance, "I call on the power of Mars… Mars… Fire… Ignite!" The fire balls hit their target. The monster growled as it lashed out. It almost hit Sailor Moon but Tuxedo Mask's rose stopped it.

The monster turned towards the intruder. Sailor Moon took this time to finish it off. "Moon… Tiara… Magic!" The monster screamed before it turned to ash. Serena looked around to see where Tuxedo mask was; he was gone. /Damn!/ She cursed mentally. She walked over to the other scouts. Rei was in the process of helping Mercury up. Jupiter was trying to get up so she went and helped her. "Is everybody okay?"

"I'm fine," Jupiter replied, limping a little bit.

"I'm good," Ami said. She was now standing on her own. The toxin had already worn off.

She looked to see Venus, but something caught her eye. It was Tuxedo Mask; he was standing over in a corner looking at her. Their eyes met each other in a silent agreement. He was going to wait for her.

"Sailor Moon, are you coming?" Rei asked. Venus was holding on to her shoulder for support.

"Go on with out me, I'll be there soon." She said to her friends. She turned and walked towards Tuxedo mask. He stepped out of the shadows. He offered her his hand and she took it without hesitation. He wrapped his arms around her mid section and took off onto the roof tops. After five minutes, he stopped on one and placed her on her own two feet. She stood there, not knowing what she was going to say.

"I..." They both spoke at the same time. "You go first," Tuxedo Mask said.

Serena stood there and nervously bit her lip. She didn't know what to say to him. "I don't know what to say," she said quietly, studying her shoes. "What happened..." she paused, "the kiss was nice."

He stood there, not saying anything. It was slowly driving her insane. "Say something, please!" She begged him. She looked up into his face. It seemed like he was deep in thought.

"I…" He stared to talk but he couldn't finish.

"You what?" She asked, taking a step towards him.

"I want to…" He took a step towards her too, so they were only mere inches away from each other.

"You want…" They were so close together that their bodies were touching. He gently stroked her cheek, never breaking eye contact. He lightly touched her lips with his. She melted into his embrace, wrapping her arms around his neck. She deepened the kiss, rising up on the tips of her toes. He put one hand in the small of her back to help support her and the other he buried in her hair.

The kiss was soft, yet passionate. After a few minutes they pulled apart because they were out of breath. She stepped back a little bit, what just happened running through her head. "I should get going, the others will be waiting for me. She didn't really want to leave but she knew they would be worried.

"Yeah, you should go." He said, taking a few steps towards her. He lightly brushed her lips with his thumb, sending shivers down her spine. He bent his head down to capture her lips once more. This time he was the one who ended the kiss, much to her distaste. "You said you needed to go."

She was about to go when she realized that she was standing on the roof of a 10 story building.

"Um, could you?" She gestured to the ground.

He realized what she was talking about, "Sure." He picked her up bridal style. He didn't know if she did it unconsciously or consciously, but she snuggled into his chest as he descended the building. He put her down. She silently whimpered from the loss of contact.

"So I guess I'll see you later?" She asked. She wanted to see him again and not just when there was a battle. She really liked what happened tonight. She was a little unsure of herself. "You want to see me again, right?"

"Of course I do." He looked into her eyes to reassure her. "You have to go, your friends are waiting." He smiled and kissed her one last time. "Bye."

She smiled as well, "Bye." She hurried off in the direction of Rei's temple.

/Oh my God! What just happened!/ Serena squealed from pure happiness. He wanted to see her again! She had a huge grin plastered across her face. Soon she arrived at the temple. The other girls were waiting for her.

"Serena, where have you been?" Rei yelled at her for being late. "We were worried that something happened to you." Concern was evident in her voice.

"Sorry, I had something I had to do first," she took a seat next to Ami.

"So Serena, I guess it's time for you to start explaining," Lita said. She had been waiting all day to find out what was going on with Serena and Darien.

Serena gulped. She had forgotten about this. She didn't really want to do this now. "Explain what?"

"Hello! The fact that you and Darien were holding hands this morning!" Lita said, as though she were stating the obvious.

"Um… well," she explained everything to them. Everything that had happened with Yukio and that Darien had said that he was her boyfriend so that Yukio would leave her alone. She looked over to see Rei's reaction after she was finished talking. She noticed that Rei wasn't upset. "Your not mad?" She asked.

"No Serena, why would I be mad?" She hugged her, "I'm just glad that you are okay. What Darien did was really nice. Now, if you were actually going out with him I would have to kill you."

Serena laughed nervously. Mina had been abnormally quiet the whole time but it went unnoticed by the others.

Mina sat quietly observing Serena. She could not believe what she had witnessed tonight. She had seen Serena go off with Tuxedo Mask. Naturally, she had followed, her curiosity getting the best of her. She saw them in a heated embrace. She wondered how long this had been going on behind their backs. After a while, every one decided that it was time to go home. Mina offered to walk with Serena.

"Serena, I wanted to ask you about something?" Mina asked once they were away from the temple.

"Sure Mina, what is it?"

"Tonight after the battle… I saw you and Tuxedo Mask making out."

Serena choked on her ice cream, "What did you say?"

"I saw the two of you together, and it looked more than friendly." Mina knew something was going on. It wasn't like she was against their 'relationship', she just wanted to know how long it had been going on.

"Well um…" Serena blushed a little bit.

Mina smiled. She thought it was cute. She liked the idea of the two of them together. "So… spill! How long has this been going on? And I want details."

"Mina!" She blushed and hit her playfully.

"Come on Serena, you can tell me. Please," Mina did her best puppy dog face. "I won't tell anyone else, scouts honour."

"Well this is only the second time," she paused nervously, "that we've kissed."

Mina quirked an eyebrow, "So are you an item?"

Serena was really giddy; this feeling was new to her. She really liked him but she had never known if he had felt the same way. "I wouldn't say that we were a `item'," she smiled at the memory, "but he did say that he wanted to see me again; when we were alone."

"Wow," was all that Mina could say.

"Yeah," they continued walking down the street. Serena's toe got stuck in a crack in the cement, sending her face forward. Luckily, something broke her fall; Darien's lips. Darien had been walking down the street, when suddenly Serena fell on him and in the process of her falling, their lips collided in a kiss.

"I am so sorry," she wasn't referring to the kiss. She was referring to the ice cream that she had just spilt over his shirt.

"That's okay," he didn't even know about the ice cream. He was still thinking about the fact that they had kissed. He noticed that Serena was trying to clean his shirt with a napkin. He took it from her and wiped it himself; he didn't really mind.

"I am really sorry. You've been nothing but nice to me and then I go and spill ice cream all over your clean shirt." She was upset. She didn't even notice Mina walking away, or the fact that she as well had ice cream on her shirt.

"Serena its okay, I needed to do laundry any ways," he smiled, trying to show her that it was okay. He didn't want her to cry. "Plus, you have some on your shirt too."

"Oh," she looked down at her shirt and noticed that there was a huge chocolate stain on it.

"Why don't you come up to my apartment so I can clean it for you. You can use one of my shirts until it dries." His apartment wasn't far. In fact it was the next building over.

"Sure," she followed him. She didn't know what they were any more. A few days ago, if you had asked her what he was to her, she would have told you that he was a complete jerk. If you asked her today, she wouldn't know what to say. Darien was a nice guy, once she got to know him.

He turned the key and opened up the door to his apartment. He let her walk in first. She took in her surroundings. It was nice; not too big or small. The furniture reflected what was obviously Darien's taste. He put down his keys. "Why don't you take a seat. I'll see if I can find a shirt that will fit you."

She nodded and sat down on his couch. She looked around and noticed that there weren't any pictures in his room. A few minutes later he came back with his shirt changed and another shirt in his other hand. "Here, try this. It should fit."

She took the shirt from him, "Where is your bathroom?"

"Down the hall and to the right," he replied, pointing in the direction.

"Thanks," she walked down the hall and locked the door. After she came back out, she handed him the shirt and he went to a small washer and dryer and put it in with his.

"Do you want something to drink?" He offered.

"No thanks," she sat on his couch quietly, fiddling with her thumbs. He sat next to her doing pretty much the same thing.

"Do you want to see what's on TV?" He didn't know what to do while they were waiting for her shirt to be washed and dried.

"Sure," he turned it on. It was some movie but anything was better than the silence that was between them. They watched it for a couple of minutes, but soon she fell asleep.

Darien looked over at her. Her head was currently resting on his shoulder. He wanted to wake her up but she looked so peaceful. He turned his attention back to the TV and he to slipped into a peaceful slumber.

Preview for Chapter 8:

He crept through the open window. He could hear that the shower was on. Good he had the element of surprise. He quietly moved into the bedroom. He grabbed duffel bag and started packing up her things. She would leave with him and they would be together forever. He heard the shower turn off and he quickly exited the room. She would be coming out soon.

And that's where I'm going to end it but don't worry I've already started chapter 8 and I have about 3 pgs. First off I'd like to thank my muse Tramie, she gave me some really good ideas when we were writing Black Tide together.

Thanks for reading and don't forget to review! Until next time,

~*~ Shottsy ~*~