Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Shattered Hope ❯ A Kiss too Many ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Shattered Hope

Chapter 8

A Kiss Too Many

Previously in shattered hope:

Darien looked over at her, her head was currently resting on his shoulder. He wanted to wake her up but she looked so peaceful. He turned his attention back to the TV and he to slipped into a peaceful slumber.

And now on with the show…

Serena turned over in her sleep. She felt two arms wrap around her waist protectively. She snuggled into the warmth that they offered. She sighed in content. This was really comfortable. She didn't want to wake up but she knew that she needed to.

"Morning," Darien mumbled. He gently kissed the nape of her neck, getting a smile out of Serena.

"Morning," She shifted so that she could face him. She kissed him softly on the lips. "Do I have to get up?" She asked pouting.

He stroked her arm lazily, "Yes you have to get up."

She buried her head in his chest. "No, too comfy and too early to get up," she complained. She tried to go back to sleep. She made snoring noises so that he would leave her alone.

"I know that you're not sleeping." He teased, "Oh well, I guess that I'll just have to eat breakfast all by myself."

She popped up her head at that, and stuck out her tongue at him. "That is so mean, I can't believe you would use food against me."

He smiled and kissed her again. While he was doing this, he maneuvered it so that he could get off the couch.

When he broke the kiss she noticed that the two of them were standing up. "That was sneaky."

He grinned and tucked a stray hair behind her ear. He kissed her forehead, "You know you like it though."

She wrapped her arms around him. "Hum… well you do have a point there." She managed to get a hold of his lips. Just as he was getting into the kiss she broke it, "You were saying something about breakfast?"

He whimpered. Now that was just pure evil. She walked past him into the kitchen.

"Are you just going to stand there pouting? Or are you going to make me some breakfast?" She inquired. She thought he looked cute. He followed her in and started to cook some breakfast. She went into the fridge and pulled out a carton of orange juice, she went to the cupboard and pulled out two glasses. She knew where everything was. She had been spending a lot of time here.

She was about to take a seat at the table when he went and helped her into the chair. "Thanks," she smiled and took a sip of her juice. He kissed her temple and went back to cooking breakfast. He came back and placed a plate of bacon and eggs in front of her. He placed one in front of his spot as well.

She took one look at the food on her plate and she felt bile rise in her throat. She ran from the table into the bathroom where she proceeded to throw up. Darien came up behind her and held her hair as she continued to convulse. She slumped down onto the tiled floor. Darien went over to the sink and got her toothbrush and a glass of water. She thanked him and brushed her teeth. He helped her off the floor.

"Feel better?" He rubbed her round belly in a soothing motion. She leaned her back onto his chest.

"Yes, but now I smell bad," she complained. She felt really sleepy, oh how easy would it be to fall asleep in Darien's arms.

"Hum, I think I can do something about that." He kissed her and led her to the shower.

She raised an eyebrow. "I'm taking it that you want to join me."

"Who says that I'm joining you and you're not joining me?" He said seductively.

"Mr. Chiba, are you trying to seduce me?"

He captured her lips and pulled her under the shower head, "Oh I think that I've already accomplished that Mrs. Chiba."

She giggled. No matter how many times she heard it, it still sounds new every time someone called her Darien's wife.

He crept through the open balcony sliding glass doors. He could hear that the shower was on. Good, he had the element of surprise. He quietly moved into the bedroom. He grabbed a duffel bag and started packing up her things. She would leave with him and they would be together forever. He heard the shower turn off and he quickly exited the room. She would be coming out soon.

Darien wrapped the towel around her and rubbed her arms so she would warm up. She kissed him lightly. Their recent activity had tired her out. "That was wonderful," she said in awe.

"Maybe we could have a repeat performance later." He kissed her slowly, placing her on the bed. He tried to keep his body weight off of her so it wouldn't hurt the baby.

She melted into the kiss and ran her fingers through his wet hair. His hands went to her side to remove the towel that she was wearing. Then they heard someone cough. "Sorry to interrupt." The voice said. It was none other than Tuxedo Mask.

"Tuxedo Mask! What are you doing here?" She panicked and tried to cover herself behind Darien.

He walked towards the bed. "I've come to take you away with me, so we can be together. You won't have to worry about him," he talked about Darien with distaste.

"You're not taking her. Serena is my wife and she is having my child," Darien rose from the bed standing in front of Serena protectively.

"Ha!" Tuxedo Masked laughed hysterically. "Your child. That's the funniest thing I've ever heard. Serena is having my child."

Darien looked hurt; it couldn't be true. "Serena what is he talking about?"

She looked at the two men, both of which she loved. "Darien…" She tried to word it out right. She, as in Serena, didn't sleep with Tuxedo Mask, but Sailor Moon had slept with him. "I never slept with him." She touched his arm, "You have to believe me. You are the father of our baby." She felt hot tears stream down her cheeks.

"It doesn't matter," Tuxedo Mask cut in, "I will care for that baby as if it were my own."

"But…" She stuttered.

"Who will it be Serena, me or Darien?" Tuxedo Mask asked. He wanted her to choose between the two of them.

She was torn. She loved both of them. "I…"

"Well Serena?"

"I… um…" She didn't know what to do.

Darien woke up early. He felt something on his lap. He found it odd, especially since he was sleeping sitting up. He opened his eyes and looked down to see Serena resting peacefully. They must have fallen asleep waiting for their shirts to dry. "Serena," he nudged her shoulder.

"Darien…" She moaned his name. She was talking in her sleep.

/What? Did she just moan my name?/ It sounded like she was enjoying whatever was happening in her dream, and this dream obviously involved him. "Serena wake up, your dreaming."

She frowned in her dream, "What… doing here?" She asked the person in her dreams. She rolled over. "Darien… believe… you… father of our baby."

What kind of dreams were Serena having? Did she just say that he was the father of her baby? He wanted to know what was happening in her dream. He looked at the clock and noticed what time it was. Her parents were probably worried about her. "Serena you need to wake up."

She opened her eyes and took in her surroundings, when she realized that she wasn't in her room and that she was sleeping on someone she panicked. Her head shot up, "What, what's going on?"

"Serena calm down."

She turned around to see Darien, "Ahh!" She screamed. She didn't know what else to do. "What am I doing here?" She demanded.

"You fell asleep last night when we were waiting for your shirt to dry." He said as calmly as possible so she wouldn't freak out.

"I fell asleep." She let it sink in. She remembered what had happened when she went to go get ice cream with Mina last night. /Damn, where did that girl go?/ "Why didn't you wake me up?" She accused.

"Because I fell asleep too."

"It's 6 in the morning. My mom is going to KILL ME!" She freaked out. She jumped off the couch. "Where is my shirt?" She started looking around, "I need my shirt."

She was walking around like a mad man. "Serena," he grabbed her by the shoulders. "Your shirt is in the drier. I'll grab it for you."

She started to pace around. If her mother had caught her coming home in the morning wearing a boy's shirt she would kill her. She bit her nails waiting for him to return to the family room. Finally he came back with her shirt. She didn't have any time. She grabbed her shirt and threw it over her head. "I have to go."

He walked her to the door. "I'm sorry," he was apologizing.

"Why are you apologizing? It's my fault, I shouldn't have fallen asleep," she replied. She didn't want him to feel bad; he didn't do anything wrong.

"I should have made sure that you didn't fall asleep," he tried to explain it.

"Darien, believe me its okay. I really need to go though." She smiled, "Thanks for washing my shirt." He didn't know if she was making a habit out of this but she kissed his cheek again before she headed out his door.

She didn't even realize what she had done, she was more concerned about the fact her mother was going to kill her. She was running so fast that she didn't even notice the car slowly trailing behind her. She quietly opened her front door. "Oh Serena, your back from Mina's? I thought that you were going straight to school from her house." Her mother greeted her.

Serena was expecting to come home and get yelled at, she wasn't expecting that. "I um didn't have my uniform so I needed to come and pick it up." She lied. There was no way around it.

"All right hunny, you better hurry up or you'll be late for school," her mother hugged her and let her go get changed for school. Serena was going to have to thank Mina later, big time.

She quickly changed and headed out. "Serena hey!" Yukio drove up beside her in his car.

"Hi Yukio," Great, this was all that she needed this morning. Why did he have to keep on harassing her?

"Do you need a drive?" He had his head out of the window, arm over the window ledge.

"Oh no thanks I'm perfectly fine with walking," In truth she was terrified to get into his car, he could just drive off with her and kidnap her.

"Are you sure? I wouldn't mind driving you to school," Damn was he persistent.

She was really getting fed up with him. "Listen Yukio…"

Darien cut her off. "Hello Yukio," he glared at the boy.

"Darien," Yukio replied with equal distaste.

"Hey," he greeted Serena and pecked her on the lips. This action surprised Serena but she tried to hide it from Yukio. Something about Darien's lips seemed familiar; she just couldn't put her finger on it.

The little kiss displeased Yukio. He gripped the steering wheel until his knuckles turned white. Serena slipped her hand into Darien's.

"What are you doing here Yukio?" Darien asked as calmly as he could.

"I just saw Serena walking and thought she might like a ride to school," Yukio tried to be equally as calm.

"Well she doesn't need one," Darien started walking off with Serena, leaving Yukio behind glaring at Darien's back.

"He didn't touch you again, did he?" He looked over her.

"No he didn't," she looked down. What would have happened if Darien weren't there? She didn't want to think about it. "I know I've been saying this a lot lately but thank you."

He gently brushed his hand across her cheek. It was an intimate gesture, but he didn't even realize it. Serena closed her eyes at the soft caress. He wanted nothing more than to kiss her at that moment. She looked so beautiful with her blond hair shinning in the sunlight. "Serena…"

Darien moved to kiss her.

"Serena!" Mina, Lita and Ami walked over to them. Darien groaned and pulled away. Serena whimpered at the loss of contact.

"Hi guys," she tried to sound as cheery as she possible, but she wasn't cheery. They had walked over to them just as Darien was about to kiss her. "What are you doing here?"

"We were just walking to school and we saw you two and thought that we should walk over." Lita replied smiling. She was unaware that she and the others had walked in on them.

Mina, on the other hand, did not. She noticed it the minute they came into view. In fact, she was against walking over and joining them. "Well we don't want to interrupt, so we'll just be on our way." She grabbed Lita and Ami by the arms and started to drag them away. "Bye guys!"

Darien and Serena watched them go. Both secretly glad that their little interruption was gone. "Well that was… weird," Darien said as he looked back over to Serena.

"I definitely have to agree with you on that one," she said. She would have to talk to Mina later.

"They are a little… different."

Before she knew what was happening, Darien had kissed her. He quickly moved back and looked down at the floor. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that."

She blushed. "You don't have to apologize I… liked it," she said nervously, not knowing what his response would be.

/She liked it./ He smiled at her. He wanted to kiss her again but he wasn't sure.

She realized that she would have to get to school or she would get detention. "Darien, I have to go to school."

"Oh, I knew that." He held out his hand to her, "Mind if I walk you?"

She took it, "I'd like that."

The rest of the walk to school was quiet. Then they heard someone screaming. "I better go call someone," Darien rushed off to the right.

Serena rushed over into the alley so she could transform; she was definitely going to be late for school. "Moon… Prism… POWER!" She dashed down the street to see the monster had a young woman by the hair and was dragging her away. The monster was defiantly freaking looking. It looked like a porcelain doll. It had rosy red cheeks, curly blond hair and it had eyes that seemed to follow you. "Stop right there! I am Sailor Moon, Champion of Justice and on behalf of the Moon, I will punish you!"

"Do you want to play with me?" The monster had a freaky little girl's voice.

"Let her go!" Sailor Moon yelled. "Moon… Tiara… Magic!" The tiara hit the doll's arm and it shattered into little pieces, making it drop the young woman.

"That wasn't very nice," the doll began to cry. Then her arm began to repair itself. "You've been a naughty girl." The doll's hair grew and started to come towards Serena. A rose blocked its path. The girl pouted, "The mean man wants to ruin all my fun. Oh well, I'll just have to get rid of you." She whipped her head and hair in his direction, sending him flying.

"Tuxedo Mask!" Sailor Moon yelled. She got angry; "Listen you can hurt me but nobody messes with my boyfriend!" (oh so classic line) The doll tried to attack her but she dodged her every move. "Moon… Tiara… Magic!" The whole doll smashed into pieces. Serena walked over to see if Tuxedo Mask was all right. "Are you okay?"

He sat up, leaning on his elbows. "I'm okay. Did you kill it?"

She smiled, "Yup, crazy little doll girl is gone." She wondered if he had heard what she had said back there. She had called him her boyfriend but she wasn't sure what they were to each other.

He pulled himself up. He smiled at her, "I better get going."

"Yeah me too," she looked down at her shoes. She didn't really know what was happening between the two of them. She nervously shifted her weight.

He tried to resist it but he couldn't; he needed to kiss her. It had only been since last night and when he wasn't with her he wanted to be. /Except when you're with Serena./ A little voice inside his mind said to him. It was true, he hadn't thought about Sailor Moon when he was with her last night and when he kissed Serena this morning. Maybe it wasn't such a good idea… but those lips look so damn inviting.

Serena felt him kiss her softly and she melted into his embrace. The kiss became more passionate as he backed her up against a wall. She wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him closer to her. She moaned at the contact.

"Serena…" he said quietly.

She broke the kiss apart putting her hands on his chest, "What did you just say?"

* * * * *

And that's the end of chapter 8. Sorry about the cliffy. Sorry that it took longer to get out but the next chapter should be out soon.

Preview for next chapter:

He grabbed her hand, like last time, "What's the rush Darien can wait a few minutes."

She looked down to where his hand was holding hers she looked back and met his eyes. She hated those eyes. They looked like a predator looking for their prey. "My mom wants me to be home."

He pulled her towards the wall he pushed her up against it. Her body slammed against the lockers violently. She whimpered in pain. "Oh come on Serena, it's only a few minutes." He spoke softly into her ear. He blew little puffs into her ear. Then he made a sound like he was sniffing her hair. He rested his hand on her waist, it was slowly moving upwards while his other arm kept her in place.

* * * * *

Until next time,

Shottsy