Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Silence Amongst The Rose So Cold ❯ Therapy and a late night escapade ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Silence Amongst The Rose So Cold

Therapy and a late night escapade

"So Caboose are you following any of this?"

"I think so....you're Tex's boyfriend....so that makes you...A Gay robot!"

"...Yeah that's right...I'm a gay robot..."

From Red Vs Blue at RedVsBlue.com check it out I promise you'll enjoy it!

I'll be off to college in like 4 weeks! August 26th confirms I've gotten old and left high school…I wish I was young again…but on the plus side. I'm taking Japanese if I pass the placement exam…uh oh…oh well! ^_^ So maybe I'll be able to understand a bunch of Japanese words people throw into their writing and I'll know what it means! I'm also doin General Psychology and either a freshman English class if I get waitlisted in or a sophomore one if I don't get waitlisted into the freshy one sorry to bore you I'm just all excited about this ^_^ onto the story!

Mamoru sighed a bit as he slowly headed towards Ami's office. Hopefully she hadn't waited for him at the cafeteria and had just figured he had something to take care of. If he was really lucky Makoto would have told Dr. Mizuno that he had come up to get lunch from the cafeteria for Usagi and himself. The evidence was still in his hands actually, he supposed he'd stop at Ami's office first. He could return the trays after he was done getting his required items for hospital staff. After taking a few wrong turns he eventually found the office that he was to share with Ami after he moved all his stuff in from his apartment in Kyoto to his new residence and actually had stuff to put into it. `Well at least everything's on the same floor for me…whoever designed this hospital really had me in mind.' Finally after asking another Doctor where Doctor Mizuno's office was located he got back on the right track. It was just down at the end of then hall, a janitor seemed to be carefully painting on another name into the window. (I'm just guessing they use paint but they probably don't these days oh well.) When he finally reached the office, he coughed a little to get the man's attention, since it didn't look like he'd be done anytime soon. Mamoru slowly stepped back at the disgruntled look on the man's face

"What's the matter with you? Think you can do this better then me?"

"Umm no that's not it at all." Before another word could get out of his mouth again, the tall man with rusty red hair slowly stepped closer to Mamoru in an intimidating matter.

"Well if you don't think you can paint signs on better then me, What's your problem kid? You got ten seconds before I put this fist through the roof of your mouth. Maybe I'll rearrange your brains while I'm at it." The larger man growled as he stared down at the doctor. `Damn little upstarts with their superior attitudes.'

Mamoru backed away from the man with his arms raised in a matter to prove he's harmless and couldn't fight...(minus the two trays in his hands of course) if he wanted to. That was far from the truth, but it'd be much better then initiating a fight and putting them both in the ER. "No umm…no…er…I'm Doctor. Chiba I just wanted to talk to Ami…"

Nephrite snorted slightly…so the little man knew about Ami. `Wait a second…' He glanced back to the door he was painting before a slight blush rose to his cheeks once he read it. `Dr. Mamoru Chi." He still had to paint on the last two letters. With a groan he placed a hand upon his face for a moment to calm himself down before regarding the young doctor again. "Sorry about that Doctor. Chiba…I get enough of these asshole interns acting forever superior that it's made me automatically on the defense."

Well at least he wasn't going to die now, Mamoru placed a small smile upon his face as he patted the large man's shoulder for a moment. "Don't worry about it, just call me Mamoru I'm really not used to the doctor title."

"Nice to meet you Mamoru…just call me Nephrite or Neph, whichever works for you I suppose. Well anyway I got lunch break I'll finish this up when I return." He absently jerked his thumb back at the door he was still carefully painting Mamoru's title into. "Just don't touch the glass till tomorrow at earliest or else I'm gonna have to do the whole thing over again. And…I'll take those tray's back to the lunch room if you want."

"Sure thing thanks a lot for taking the trays!…have a nice lunch. I'll see you around sometime." Mamoru happily handed the used trays over to the taller man who took them with a slight knowing smirk. With a quick wave to the much taller man Mamoru carefully opened the door and stepped into the office…only to meet Ami's amused stare before she quickly went back to "work". Even if she wasn't looking directly at him, he could see she was currently trying to hide her laughter by concentrating on her work. "What's go funny?"

"Oh nothing at all." Ami flashed a grin as she finally gave up trying to look busy and simply let a giggle pass by her lips. "Just the fact you got threatened by possibly one of the nicest most non-violent men in the ward is all."

"Har har har…" He found himself rolling his eyes, a trait that he had lost somewhere in his high school years that had suddenly returned to him as if it had never gone away. "Sorry I missed lunch…I kinda…well Makoto told me to make up to Usagi by bringing her food."

"So I heard." Ami still held that amused smile upon her face as she shuffled through her papers a moment more before pulling out a bright blue folder with small stars decorated on the front. When she looked back up to Mamoru she caught the slightly raised eyebrow at the folder. "This is Usa's therapy folder…it includes all the notes from her previous psychiatric evaluations both from myself and the other doctors that took care of her. Hopefully you'll have a better time trying to get anything out of her."

"Oh why's that…"

"You'll see, but you better get down to her while she's still Usagi. Just remember that the personalities can switch at any time but she can also stay in the same personality for days." With a slight shooing motion from Ami, Mamoru was soon out of the door to Ami and his own office once again. With the folder Ami had been holding in her hand somehow in his now.

Careful not to trip over the black paint bucket that Neph had left along with a few other various items. He once again started to walk down the halls. At this time of day it was a little livelier since family members were starting to stop by and visit during lunch breaks or out of work all together. After a whole morning running around the same floor he had it more or less memorized and headed right for Usagi's room in the left wing of the large ward. As he walked he absently looked through the papers from other doctor's and their thoughts. Most of course didn't seem to have any information further then "Patient refuses to cooperate." Or something else basically saying the same thing about Usagi. With this track record somehow he doubted he'd get too far.

When he got to Usagi's door he paused for a moment…before raising his free hand up to knock on the door a moment. "Usagi I'm coming in I hope you're decent." After waiting about a minute and with no response to his knocking, he carefully pulled open the door…only to find Usagi still reading one of the books Minako had dropped off for her. She looked to be almost half way through and she had only been at it for an hour at most. With a slight shake of his head he called her name again. "Usagi…it's time for your therapy session…could you put the book down for a little bit."

Those words brought the blonde's cerulean eyes up from the book she had engrossed herself within for the past hour or so. She didn't like therapy…it was pointless she didn't want to remember it scared her…she knew things had happened that she never wanted to remember again. That's why her mind had locked them away…why couldn't they accept it. For a moment she just sat there in the bed with the book resting before leveling a glare at him that would probably kill someone on the spot if they were weaker then Mamoru.

Mamoru simply sighed at the hard glare she was giving him. "Alright I get it…obviously the food did not make us good enough friends that you want to willingly go through with this. Unluckily I need you to tell me what happened…something happened to you that made you this way. Both you and I know it. Now let's see…" He glanced down at the reports he had in his hands debating just how to approach the subject.

Usagi watched him going through his reports a moment…his attention wasn't on her. The perfect time to strike and hit her target. Quickly her hand moved to the books that Minako have given her and picked up the biggest book she could find. After carefully sizing up the weight of the book and distance from the bed to Mamoru's head, and then she chucked the book right at his head. She watched with amusement in her eyes as the book hit him just to the right of the wound from the alarm clock. It caused his head to literally jerk back from the attack. She admired her handy work a moment before returning to the book in front of her as if nothing had happened.

`Right…maybe I'll just do some round about ques-ahh!' His head suddenly jerked back as something heavy and hard impacted with his skull. A soft moan of pain left his lips as he rubbed his forehead, when he did manage to open his eyes again the first thing he found was a large hardback horror novel in his lap. Then after picking the book up he looked up to see Usagi sitting in her bed reading much like when he came in, a completely innocent expression on her face…a little too innocent. His eyes narrowed slightly as he made something of a mental note never to allow Minako to get her hard back books ever again. "Oh hah hah Usagi…very funny…you know you almost hit the same spot as the wound from the alarm clock…why not go for one on the left." He glanced back over to her only to find her with another book in her hand and a questioning look in her eyes. It just figured she would take his comment seriously…this was going to be a long session. With something of a sigh he pushed himself up from the chair and made his way over to her…watching as she shivered slightly before placing her uncommitted mask of apathy back on her face. He set the book she had thrown at his head back down on her bed before glancing back over…only to see her eyes become unfocused. Before he knew what he was doing, he was back over at her side gently shaking her a little. "Usa…Usa what's wrong?"

She felt her slipping away from control of her mind…Hotaru's mind had taken over as her own mind became too weak to hold onto control of her body. With a mental shrug she let Hotaru take control…she didn't want to have to deal with the therapy session anyway. Once she had lost complete control she found herself at the back of her own mind, left with nothing but her own memories. Unlike Hotaru, she and Shiva remembered nothing of what the other personality did and could see none of it. So she was locked only to go through her own memories…that and try to figure out who was the murderer in her newest murder novel.

Hotaru blinked a bit as she looked about the area of her room. She looked down to her lap which held a book she quickly glanced at a section of the page and screamed bloody murder. Without a second thought she picked the book up and chucked it! Damn Usagi and her scary horror novels…she did not like waking up to a book talking about men sawing another man's head off to use as a centerpiece for a feast. A groan of pain alerted her to someone else's presence in the room. To her surprise it was the doctor she had been introduced to earlier the morning. Doctor. Chiba or Mamoru as he said…and he was now holding the left side of his forehead in pain. She glanced down to the book now lying on the ground and then up to the man still kneeling on the floor in pain. A heavy blush rose to her cheeks as she quickly pulled herself out of bed. "I'm so sorry Mamoru! I woke up…and there was a horror book and I just wanted…and I didn't see you there and I'm so sorry! I didn't mean it I swear!"

Mamoru groaned slightly…somehow he knew Usagi had done this on purpose. Without a doubt in his mind he knew Usagi somehow knew just what Hotaru's actions would be…wait a second Hotaru? He groaned slightly not in pain this time but in frustration. Usa had managed to get away from the therapy session by letting another one of her personalities take over. "Don't worry about it Hotaru…I'm getting kind of used to being hit in the head by hard objects." His hand found the offending book and picked it up from the floor before he stood up himself. Free hand still fiercely rubbing the bump on his head that hurt like hell and the other two wounds seemed to throb in sympathy of the new wound. He felt the oncoming of a headache but attempted to ignore it as he placed all three of Usagi's books back onto the nightstand. "Minako left you some books and CDs by the by. They're on the nightstand if you want to listen or to read any of them. Or if there's anything you want to talk about, I really don't have anything to do till three. Then I do my rounds and leave at nine for home."

Hotaru glanced over at the clock high up on the wall. Since when she looked for the cute hello kitty alarm clock Minako had gotten her, she found it missing. The clock read one o'clock and even though she didn't have much to talk about she figured it'd be nice to chat with the man for a while. Hopefully It'd at least make up for nailing him in the head with a heavy book. "If you don't mind…um…I do have a few questions."

"Sure shoot away!"

"When Usagi…I mean her real personality gets better. When she grows out of us…will we die? I mean Shiva and myself…" The small girl looked up to Mamoru with curiosity and a slightly pained look in those eyes that seemed so much different from the ones he was used to. They almost took up a violet hue he noticed that of a lonely little girl lost in the world.

"I'm not sure die would be quite the terminology…I'm not exactly a professional with multiple personalities that take on their own identity as much as you have. I think…you sort of represent Usagi's innocent side and when she gets better you won't die but more like be reabsorbed into her personality. So even if you aren't actually able to be there as another mind you'll be there in her and with her. Just like you I think Shiva may be her need for vengeance…maybe revenge or to act as a protection mechanism until Usagi has time to restore her mind. I haven't seen Shiva yet so I can't really make much of a guess on her."

"You don't want to meet Shiva…I've seen what she's done and what she was thinking." Hotaru said softly as she glanced over to the stack of books that Minako had left her. She picked them up from where they lay and much to her own joy they were the odd assortment of manga and young teen romance novels she had requested. "Thank you though Mamoru…I think…well I hope if Usagi ever does get better what you said would happen to me…will come true." A small smile was given as she leafed through one of the comics.

"Wait a moment what do you mean if she ever gets better. I know if we can unlock her memories she'll be better again."

At this Hotaru merely shook her head before glancing up at Mamoru with a look that just challenged him to say everything would be perfect again if they made Usagi all better. "She carried a lot of pain…even if you unlock those memories she'll still need a lot of time to get over it all."

"Well…any chance you'd be able to tell me what's causing her so much pain?" Maybe Hotaru was the missing block in the puzzle that they hospital staff had been trying to solve.

Hotaru frowned slightly for a moment…she could look at Usagi and Shiva's memories to a point and she knew exactly everything they did when they were in control. She slowly entered into Usagi's section of the mind, where she stored herself until she ran into a mental barrier on Usagi's more personal memories. She slowly slide her hands about the light blue barrier that shielded her mind and after a few minutes of trying to force her way in she gave up. Blinking a tad she came to and looked over to Mamoru before shaking her head. "Sorry…she's got too many mental barriers up…I can try harder if you want."

"Nah that's ok…I should have guessed it wouldn't have been this easy. Anyway Hotaru I've got to do my rounds then I'm leaving for the night…want me to come back and check on you before I leave?"

The young girl looked at him with a surprised look in her eyes and something that resembled hope. No one had ever offered to check up on her before they left…she debated her next request. Maybe it was a little too weird for the older man but he was really the only father figure she could get since most of the doctors here were female. "Ummm Mamoru…"

Mamoru turned back to her just as he was about to leave the small room to check up on his other patients. "Yes Hotaru?"

"Could you…umm maybe when you come back…would you mind tucking me in?"

"Yeah sure Hotaru no problem." He flashed her a grin before he disappeared out the door and into the buzzing halls once again. He was surprised he didn't find it so weird talking to Hotaru and Usagi as if they were two different people when the body they used was exactly the same.

* A Few hours later since no one wants to hear about Mamoru's dealing with the lady that insists that bringing her ninety cats into her daughter's room will make her come out of the coma she had fallen into. *

He was slowly heading back to Usagi's room when he noticed a tall man just a little shorter then him standing outside Usagi's room with a box of chocolates in one hand and flowers held in the crook of his elbow. The other was used to carefully knock on the door…and the moment Mamoru heard the man's voice he thought he was going to be sick.

"Usagi…sweetie…please open the door it's Seiya...."

He heard even from his distance from the door Hotaru's high pitched and scared voice. "Go…go away Seiya…Usagi doesn't want to see you!"

"Oh but I brought her flowers…"

"Excuse me sir…but visiting hours are over." Mamoru refrained from making the comment sound more like an order…though it was hard. He kept his eyes from the other man as he slowly knocked on the door before speaking in his normally calm voice that all doctor's seemed to get. "Hotaru…it's Doctor. Chiba…can I come in?"

A muffled "yes" was heard through the door before he slowly pulled it open. On the other side of the door Hotaru stood behind the bed with one of the largest novels of books Usagi had been given in one hand and a book of not much smaller size in the other. Once she saw it was actually Mamoru she slowly set both the books down on the bed but gave Seiya an untrusting glare.

Much to Mamoru's chagrin the man followed him into the room before stepping around him and setting both the flowers and chocolate upon the nearest table before turning to Mamoru and Hotaru. And Mamoru watched Seiya step over to him with hand outstretched.

"Good to meet you…Doctor. Chiba you said? Well are you the new doctor taking care of my darling Usagi now?"

"Yeah nice to meet you to…how did you get in here?"

"Oh my yes I'm sorry I am Seiya Kou…you might know me…I am part of the Three Lights…you may be a bit old to know of our music but I am Usagi's boyfriend."

Mamoru's eyebrow twitched at the comment to his age…either his late nights and early mornings were really getting to his face. Or this idiot was making fun of him…and he didn't like the man on top of that. "I don't really care who you are, how did you get in here and why are you bothering my patients."

The man in front of Mamoru simply put on an offended look of sorts before shrugging a little.

"I know some friends that work here and again she's my girlfriend."

"Well I can tell you that's a twelve year old girl named Hotaru not your girlfriend…so needless to say you have no business here and get out."

Seiya put up his arms in protest for a moment before glancing down at his watch. He had already wasted too much time arguing…at least they had bought into his fake personality and he had dropped off the flowers and candy. "Well I must go…It was nice meeting you…I'm sure I won't be seeing you around Doctor. Chiba." He ignored the odd look he got from both Hotaru and the doctor and just walked right out, closing the door behind him.

Mamoru simply shrugged his shoulders…odd guy…really odd but at least he was out of his hair. That was about the time the sound of hissing gas entered the air. A moment later he felt himself start to get weak all around his body. He looked over to Hotaru to see her already passed out on top of the bed. Despite the gas's effects on his motor system he made it over to Hotaru with a lot of his energy already drained.

Ami was working through a few last papers on one of her patients about to be released when a huge jolt shook the floor followed by a boom. Almost immediately wails of fear seemed to follow the sound. Without a second's thought Ami jumped to her feet and started running towards the sound of the explosion. As she ran towards the end of the hall she saw an intern running towards her, pushing a wheel chair with two children on board. "Hey! What happened?"

"I don't know there was an explosion in one of the rooms! And now the whole section is on fire! Doctor we gotta get these patients off this level!"

"You get those two to the stairs! Get someone to call the fire department bit I'm sure they're already on the way. The sprinklers should hold the fire from spreading but I want all upper levels evacuated. And get someone to get Setsuna on the phone and tell her the situation!"

Ami didn't even bother to confirm the younger man had heard it all. Instead she started running again. She had to get to Usagi's room right away, most of the other patients would be able to get themselves out but Usagi was scared of fire. Then again she had almost died inside her boyfriend's seaside villa the night before she was sent here in a tomb of flames. When she did get to the last section of the floor to her horror she saw the flames coming out of Usagi's room in giant gouts despite the sprinklers futile attempts to control it. "Dear god no…" She felt tears roll down her cheeks as she made her way to the room nearest the fire. Even if Usagi was dead…she still had a duty to the other patients.

Review Responses Section:

Keeosu: Weeeeeeeeeeeeell by the Manga Mamoru isn't such a jerk so I'm trying to incorporate that. Now I got no hate towards Seiya or anything ^^ I just needed an unexpected baddie and ummm he got elected ^_^ I'm not sure if I'll have Yaten or Taiki in it since I'm sure that question will come up eventually I'll kill it here and now go precognition or rather my magical guessing power.

Chibi Crab: >.>;;; shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh if Usagi doesn't know she can snap CDs in two then uhhh >>; Everyone's safe ^^ actually I forgot you could do that buuut ummm we're gonna go with Shiva liking her weapons like pre sharpened yeahhhh we'll go with that ^^

"…": I think you misread that section, the four `eleven was referring to her height not her age. I tend to just type the words in, but maybe for heights I should just type it out as 4'11, I'm sorry about that mistake and inconvenience to you I'll go change that now. The age of Usagi is a little confusing as well her three personalities all have different ages Hotaru is twelve, Usagi is eighteen, and Shiva is well…she's just a psycho personality so I dunno about her.

Tramie: I'll try to put something in over how Makoto and Usa met soon

Thanks again to: Hopeless Dreamer 1125, Momoco lady, Adorable Angel, Starlit Warrior, Kalinda, Sailor-Sara-Moon for the reviews! I love you people! ^_^ In the platonic way I swear I'm not an obsessed review stalker…well maybe I am…eh I'm gonna stop this now before it gets any worse…yeah