Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Soldier Moon ❯ Skills of Karate! Soldier Mars Fire Power! ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kevin Tsukino- white, 14, dark brown eyes, strait dark brown hair, 5' 9”/ Soldier Moon
Lane- hispanic, 15, brown eyes, wavy black hair, 5' 8”
Sean Mizuno- white, 15, hazel eyes, light brown hair, 5' 8”/ Soldier Mercury
James- white, 15, blue eyes, spiky blond hair, 5' 6”
Terell- black, 15, dark green eyes, short shiny wavy black hair, 5' 10”
Addrian- female, white, 16, brown eyes, long wavy brown hair, 5' 7”
Skills Of Karate! Soldier Mars Fire Power!
"So we have to find Prince Asa, the other 2 Soldiers, and kill youmas?” I asked.
“Correct.” Artemis said.
“And once we find the last two Soldiers, it'll be our duty to protect Prince Asa.”
“Correct.”
“You have no idea of who or where Prince Asa or the other Soldiers are?” Sean asked.
“Unfortunately, no.” Answered Artemis.
“This might be tough...” I said. “But luckily,” I put my arm around Sean. “I've got genius Sean here to do it for me. Eh, I mean help me.”
“I'll try hard to help you, Artemis.” Sean said.
“Thanks, Sean.”
“Hmph.” I stood up. “Well, I'm gonna go home 'cause I haven't ate till lunch and I'm starving.”
“Okay. See you tomorrow.”
I picked Artemis up, left Sean's and headed home. It was around 5 o' clock and warm outside.
“That's so weird.” I said. “Killing baddies...glad I don't have to do it by myself!” I laughed.
“I hope your taking this seriously.” Artemis said.
“Of course, of course.”
I walked up to my house door and started to open it- when I stopped. “Oh yeah. My Mom and Dad don't know about you. So I can't let you in…so you have to stay outside.”
“Seriously...”
“Yep. But don't worry. I'll take care of things.” I put Artemis down on the porch and walked inside. "Tadaima!"
A walked into the kitchen and pulled out a big bag of salt and vinegar flavored chips. "Ahh." I began to swallow them down when my mom walked downstairs.
"Hello Kevin." She said.
"Hi." I said. I sat down in a chair.
She walked up to the sink and started washing dishes. "You should've gotten you test back yesterday from the Math test you took last week."
"Oh yeah?"
"Yeah."
"Oh."
If she wasn't going to say anything more, neither was I.
"Do you have it?"
Shoot.
"Um..."
"Hm?"
"Yeah..."
"May I see it?"
"Um..."
"Hm?"
"Kevin."
"Yes?"
"Let me see your test."
"Hai hai." I pulled out my wrinkled test and handed it to her.
"Kevin! Why did you get an F? Your always bringing failing grades home! Its ridiculous!"
"Sorry. I tried my best though."
"Don't tell me that! If you actually studied you wouldn't get such bad grades!"
Next thing I knew I was outside on the front porch. I turned around and knocked on the door as hard as I could.
"Mom! Gomen naisai! Gomen..."
Artemis landed in the yard ahead of me. "What's wrong?"
"My mom kicked me out of the house just because I failed a test."
"You should study more."
“Doushio…”
Artemis and I walked down the street until I saw James ahead of me. He was walking too.
"Hey James!" I ran until I caught up with him. "So your mom kicked you out too?"
"Dude, no. You see, I don't get failing grades everyday like you."
"Yeah, yeah, where are you going then?"
"Karate."
“Oh really! I'll come with you then.”
“You sure?”
“Yep.”
“Awesome.”
“So where is it?”
“There's a dojo in Downtown.”
“Oh, cool. I never noticed.”
Downtown wasn't really downtown. It's actually like a metropolitan surrounding our neighborhood. I lived in a neighborhood right in the middle of a big city. It even has the movies, malls, a big park, stores, so on and so forth. All just ten minutes away. `Downtown' was just a nickname we had given it.
“So what belt are you?” I asked. “Since were talking about karate in all.”
“Black.”
“Sure…”
“Dude, I'm totally telling the truth.”
“Can you do backflips and stuff like that?”
“Yup.”
“Sure…”
Dude-
“Okay, okay. Well, lets see then.”
“Alright, but hold on.” He said. “I gotta stretch.”
“Stalling…”
“Okay. Look.”
He succeeded in doing a single backflip, but he continued to flip. 2…3…4…5…6! The sixth was the highest one. My mouth dropped.
“Ah…Sugoi.”
“Arigato.” James walked up and bowed.
“I want to learn how to do backflips, but it's too hard.”
“You could learn.”
We arrived at the dojo. It was pretty small, but nice looking. It was made of wooden walls. There was a door, and a window in the front, and a large sign at the top with some Japanese writing on it.
“So this is it.”
“Yup. Lets go in.” We walked up, when I saw a bird descend from the sky, landing on the top of the dojo.
“Oh. Hello Artemis.” I waved at him. “I forgot you were here.”
“That's your bird?” James asked.
“Yep. The bird with the crescent shaped bald spot is mine.”
I put my arms out, Artemis glided into them. “Nice isn't he?”
“Pretty cool looking.”
“Yep. So lets go in.”
We entered the dojo. It was much bigger on the inside. All flat. There were other kids on the karate mats, but no one was fighting or practicing. Immediately after we walked in a Japanese man appeared in front of us. I put Artemis on top of a chair beside the door.
“HI!” He said with a smile. “How are you, James?”
“Konnichiwa, Toshika-san. I'm fine.” James said. He pointed toward me. “This is my friend Kevin-kun.”
“HELLO KEVIN! Will you be joining us today?” He took my hand and escorted me to the mats.
“Oh, Iie, dame, dame!” I yelled. The man let me go.
“Ah.” He said. “Gomen. “
“He's just watching.” James said.
“Yeah.”
“Souka…Well then James, are you ready to begin? We start in about 3 minutes.”
“Hai. I just have to change.” James left into a room on the side and came of dressed into a normal karate uniform. It was true, he was a blackbelt.
“Go get `em James!” I yelled as he walked onto the mats. He ignored me, as if wasn't there. I took a seat beside the door.
They did numerous kick and punches and occasional flips. It all got too boring too fast though. My eyelids began to get heavy, next thing I knew I was asleep.
A couple minutes later I was woken back up. It was James, looked up. “How come your not practicing?” I asked.
“I saw you sleep and asked to step out.”
“Oh.”
“What's up? I thought you where watching.”
“I was, but all the excitement left the first three minutes.”
“Kevin…”
Ahead of me the blue mats began to glow. Glow a dark red color.
“Oh no.” I said.
“What?” James asked.
Everyone on the mats began to grow weary and collapse onto the floor. James turned around. “What's going on?”
A feint red shadow grew up from the mats and took shape. The shadow then filled itself in as a shiny blue youma. It was thin and bald, except for long blue hair at the youma's neck. It was wearing a karate suit.
“No way...” James said.
“Haaaaaa.” The youma whispered as it shots sticky blue sill like material from its mouth at James. It wrapped around James' body and pulled James toward the youma.
“Kevin, henshin!” Artemis said.
“Okay! Moon Prism Power!”
My clothes disappeared as white ribbons emerged from the pendant and wrapped around my body covering everything from my shoulders to my waist. They then disappeared with a flash of light, leaving behind a tight white vest. The Moon Pendant on the vest and three smaller white buttons below it.
Then, white ribbons covered my arms and my hands and flashed away, exposing long white sleeves extending out from under the vest that covered my whole arm and a tight white bracelets around both of my wrists with white strands of lace extending from the bracelet, up in-between each of my fingers and connecting back to the bracelet of the other side of my wrist.
Next, ribbons covered my legs and my feet and also disappeared leaving behind loose white pants with a silver crescent moon on the right leg of the pants and white shoes with no laces or zipper. A bright light glimmered on my forehead, then a silver crescent moon formed there along with a small white hoop earring in my left ear. I was Soldier Moon.
“I'll have to steal your energy manually.” The youma hissed.
“Let me go, you bitch!” A red sign of Mars glowed on James forehead.
“That boy is Soldier Mars.” Artemis said.
“I'll let you go when you're dead.” The youma said.
“Stop where you are!”
“Who is it?” The youma yelled.
I stepped up, stopping just before the mats.
“For peace and justice! Soldier Scout Warrior, Soldier Moon!” I said. “ In the name of the moon, I will punish you!”
“Kevin, your-“ James started to say before a pink streak of light streaked through the room. It cut through the silk binding James together. James fell to the ground. Artemis hopped up to James and conjured a red stick.
The bottom half of the stick was red the upper half was gold. At the top of the stick was a gold ring with a small golden ball in the center of the ring with symbol for Mars embedded onto it.
“What?” The youma said. The youma looked up. There was a woman in the doorway. It was Rose Angel. The same woman I saw yesterday at school.
“How did you-” James started to say before he was interrupted.
“Not now. Just take this Mars Henshin Stick and say `Mars Power!'”
“Okay.” James raised the stick into the air. “Mars Power!”
The sign of Mars embedded in the golden ball of the Henshin Stick began to glow red and rotate. James clothes disappeared as streams of fire emerged from his Henshin Stick and began to take shape as fire rings burning around his body.
One ring around his head, a ring around his shoulders, a ring around his stomach, two rings around his waist, three rings on each of his legs and one ring of fire on each of his ankles. The fire flashed into embers and went away, leaving behind James' Soldier Mars uniform. Once again, his outfit was somewhat like mine, except for the color. Where my uniform was white his was red. He had a red vest, lighter red sleeves that stopped at his elbows, red pants, red shoes, a small red hoop earring in his left ear, red bracelets of both of his wrists, and red laces in-between his fingers, a small red rope necklace, and there was a red sign of Mars on his forehead. James was Soldier Mars.
“What the-” James started to say before he was interrupted for a third time.
“Your Soldier Mars, a God of fire. You must a help Soldier Moon destroy the youma you see in front of you.”
“Alright.”
“I'll get rid of you then.” The youma hissed.
“No you wont!”
“What…” The youma turned around.
“Mars Fire…” Soldier Mars put his hands together in the shape of a gun. He pointed the tip of the `gun' to the ceiling. A fireball appeared at the tip. “Ignite!” The fireball grew larger as it spiraled toward the youma. The youma went up in flames when the fireball hit it. It then fell to the floor and disintegrated in dust.
“Whoa…” I said.
“Very good, Soldier Mars.” Artemis said.
“Moon Prism Power.” I said. My Soldier outfit turned into white ribbons and faded away. My former clothes were underneath.
“You also repeat your henshin phrase.” Artemis said.
“Mars Power.” Soldier Mars said. James Soldier suit turned into fire and faded away from his body. His karate clothes were underneath. The red necklace remained though.
“The mats glowed blue and everyone began to wake up.
“I guess we have a new Soldier Warrior now, don't we?” I asked.
“I guess you do.” James said.