Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Sugar Princess ❯ The Rescue from Friends ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

The Rescue from Friends

Reeni had such a headache when she finally came back around. She remembered that she was slammed against a hard, concrete wall right before she past out.

She carefully opened her eyes and looked slowly around her surroundings. She was in a building that looked like an evil form of a green house only instead it was a grey house except for the vines that were growing everywhere.

She noticed she was levitated in the air still, only not by her kidnapper, but by vines that were coming from pipes in the wall. Those vines were the only things from keeping her from falling to the floor several feet below.

Nobody was around and she had a scary feeling these vines weren't protecting her from anything because of the eerie feeling in the air.

Suddenly a noise made her jump a little and turned her head as far as she could to see what it was.

It was a woman with long, pink hair and a weird outfit that only a Tarzan lady would wear.

The woman looked up and smiled to herself, "Well, I see you're awake finally. Good. I hope you enjoyed your little nap since you won't be alive for much longer."

"Who…are you? I thought…I was kidnapped by…Kisen…" Reeni asked with difficulties but was interrupted by the pink haired lady.

"Kisenian, right? You were. Who do you think I am, fluffy?"

Reeni widened her eyes, "No way. You're not…ugh…Kisenian. She's a plant and you're a…lady."

"Oh con trair, pinky. I am Kisenian. Just, evolved. You see I became stronger and no longer need a pine to help me. No, all I need is your energy and I can do anything I want to in this stupid world you call Earth."

Reeni realized that only Kisenian had a need to say pine. It was obvious that she wasn't lying about that, or was she? Reeni couldn't tell, but it didn't matter because a villain is a villain is a villain.

Reeni struggled to get loose but all she achieved was making Kisenian laugh even harder than ever before. Reeni didn't have a chance.

Kisenian finally got around to stop laughing and replied in a dangerous voice that made Reeni shiver for a while, "Let's get this over with before you make me laugh even harder again. My precious vines, do your thing."

Suddenly the vines started to glow a bright green from where they came out of the pipes and swerved along towards where they held Reeni.

The glowing vines wrapped themselves tightly around Reeni's entire body making her go into immense pain. She screamed and wriggled as loud and hard as she could but couldn't get out of the danger's path.

She quickly started to fade. She closed her eyes and continued to scream even louder than before, calling for anybody who would try to help her, give her a chance to live longer.

"Mini Maker's Cairo-Beam," Reeni heard this just after she heard another voice scream. "Mini Healer's Blade of Courage!"

After Reeni heard that she felt herself become lighter and than she past out after she felt herself be caught by someone.

The three heroes ran off into the woods as soon as the small girl was rescued and the evil blossom was thoroughly distracted. They hid nicely before the third set Reeni down on a patch of soft grass.

"Maker, get a towel or something and damp it with some water, she's soaked with sweat and blood. Healer, get some bandages from my sack so we can fix her up."

They both followed their orders without question.

"Here you are, Fighter," replied Maker.

He took the rag without replying to his fellow friend and quickly placed it on her forehead.

Healer came soon after and helped Maker with the patching up.

"Our dads should be back soon, you guys. We should transform back so they don't think we were playing around with our powers like when we were little."

Healer and Maker transformed together while Fighter didn't even bother to stop what he was doing to change.

"I'll start with lunch," said a young boy of fifteen, a little older than Reeni. He had silver-grey, spiked hair. With two curled pieces of bangs over his eyes, which were blue.

"I'll help you gather everything and than make the fire," offered another with green eyes, long, black bangs going everywhere in his face.

The first nodded and turned to the last, "You going to keep taking care of her, right, Daren?"

He nodded without looking up from the unconscious girl in front of him. He had grey-purplish eyes with black, spiked hair as well; he had no bangs to worry about in his face except a single bland of loose hairs dwindling around his face, he seemed to like the way the only long piece of his hair did that.

When the night came three older men came.

"That was a nice attack on poor Reeni. Right, Yaten, Seiya?" Asked the final Starlight, Taiki.

His companions nodded.

Yaten looked over to the two cooking dinner, "I take it everything went well. Right Raiko and Tilka. Where is she?" They looked up and smiled. The silver haired boy, Tilka, looked at Yaten, "Yup. Daren's been with her ever since we got here, taking care of her."

Seiya smiled and said, "Well, I guess we see whose future son is more responsible now. Right?"

The other two frowned and gave their brother a noogie.

Seiya walked over to his future child and asked, "How is she?"

Daren finally looked up, but instead asked, "Did you find Sailormoon?"

Seiya shook his head, "No, we looked everywhere in the park, but they all had left. Not even the cats, Luna, Artimus, or Diana were there in case anything showed up. It started to get late so we decided to come back. We'll have a better chance in the morning; especially if she wakes up by then."

"Doubt it," shook Daren's head as he spoke, "we were stalled a little by the vines and other guard things when we got there. By the time we found her she looked as if a lot of her energy was taken. The sugar energy that is."

Seiya nodded and went back over to the others.

Each of the Mini Starlights took turns keeping watch after Reeni and anything else that might lurk near by; after convincing Daren that he couldn't stay up the entire time Reeni was down until they found Sailormoon and the other Sailor Scouts.

It was the same for a few weeks, the original Starlights would leave to look for Sailormoon and the other Sailor Scouts, and the Mini Scouts would take care of the camp.

Tilka would make the meals and clean the dishes that needed to be washed. Raiko would make the fire for the meals and do a little bit of laundry that needed to be done. And Daren would watch over Reeni every waking moment, making sure she was breathing all right, redoing her bandages for the injuries she'd received, and other necessities such as those.

Finally, after a little over a week, Reeni moved.

Daren called to the others, "Raiko, Tilka, come here quick! I think she's about to wake about now!"

His companions ran over as soon as they could to see what their cousin was talking about and sure enough Reeni was waking up very slowly.

"Serena…Darien," she would call every now and than with the addition of a few of the other scout's names as well, "Pararoo…Helios…help me…can somebody help…me?"

Daren moved a wet cloth over her forehead to ease her a little.

Then, she slowly opened her eyes to a somewhat lighted surrounding. The first thing she saw was Daren's face.

"Who…are you," asked Reeni slowly, unable to move away from the stranger because she was still very weak.

"I'm Daren. And these are my cousins," pointing to them as he said their names, "Raiko and Tilka. We saved you from Kisenian. You had almost died from all the energy she stole from you. Sugar energy that is. How do you feel?"

"Very tired. Where am I?"

"You're safe in the middle of the woods. It's our hiding spot. Would you like to get a better view?"

"It's very beautiful," added Tilka.

Reeni smiled and carefully sat up with the help of the three boys a little older than her.

She looked around and than down to the ground, "Thank you for saving me. It wasn't much trouble helping me, was it?"

"No, of course not. The only hard part was getting into that building to get you," said the gentle and caring voice of Raiko.

"You're right though. It is very pretty."

Suddenly there was a snap of a branch and Reeni curled up into the closest person's chest she was near, Daren's.

"It's ok, Reeni. It's just are dads, they've been looking for weeks for Sailormoon. She's said to protect the one with the sugar energy, you."

Reeni looked at him and than back to where the trees swayed. After moments of silence, three figures walked towards the four children.

"Oh good she's awake. How do feel, Reeni," asked Seiya.

Reeni went wide-eyed as she heard the voice. She jerked her head up quickly to look at the newcomers. "Seiya," asked Reeni quietly to herself. "Seiya," Reeni called even louder as she thrust her arms around him, ignoring the pain she still held. She knew him very well since he tried to become Serena's boyfriend so long ago. Her mother had told them all about them and she even met them once.

As she hugged her friend she looked at the other two, "Taiki, Yaten!" She went over to them as fast as she could and threw her arms around them.

Meanwhile, the young boys looked very confused and Tilka questioned, "Reeni, you know are dads? How? When?"

"I hear about them long time ago when Galaxia came. My mother told me everything about what happened and I even met them once for a visit. It was on one of my birthdays in the palace, they really only stopped by out of respect, but it was still a nice visit. My mother told me they came in search of Princess Fireball and the seed of hope, Chibi-Chibi, to stop her."

The three understood since their fathers told them of that battle and what the palace looked like in the Silver Millennium.

During the afternoon, Reeni was sitting on a boulder next to the creek and watched the fishes go bye.

"What are thinking about," came Daren's voice in Reeni's ear, making her jump a little.

"What makes you think I'm thinking about something," asked Reeni kiddingly.

He shrugged and handed her a bowl of vegetable soup, "Here, I thought you could be hungry.

She took it gratefully and took a spoonful, "Mmm, it's delicious. Who made it?"

"Tilka. He always cooks the meals when our dads aren't around."

Reeni gave a confused look. "I thought they were here."

"They were, but went off again to look for Sailormoon."

"I hope they don't expect to find her. She only has a reason to transform if a villain is threatening people and things like that. I mean it's not like she goes on patrol or anything. She's not that mature. Besides, Luna, Artimus, and Diana do that because they know that sometimes we can't because we're too busy or Serena's too lazy. It's her duty anyway."

Daren gave a slight chuckle and replied, " Yes, my father told me that, but you forget, or rather weren't told, that they found out who they were while still battling Galaxia."

"Figures that meatball head would take a slip like that." She laughed.

"You have a very interesting personality. Did anybody ever tell you that?"

Reeni just stared at him with a friendly glare.

"What are you guys talking about?" Tilka and Raiko had just joined them.

"Oh, nothing," Daren quickly answered before Reeni could say.

They sat there for a while in silence. The next couple of days were rocky. Reeni was getting a little stronger and able to do things for herself again. She made good friendships with her three newest scouts met. After a while she also began to get saggy.

"What's wrong," Daren finally had to ask.

Reeni looked down and shook her head, "Nothing."

Daren didn't believe her but he went along with it anyway since he didn't want to push her into anything and make her mad with him.

The next day, Daren spotted Reeni drying some tears by the creak and joined her. "Now I know something's wrong and I'm not leaving you alone from here on in until you tell me what it is."

Reeni threw her arms around him and cried even more, "I'm so sorry. I just miss my friends…my family. I want to get out of here."

"I know you do, me too," Daren comforted, "I know how you feel. We just can't until we can find Sailormoon. You'll be able to…" He was interrupted by Reeni jumping up after seeing a couple of shadows past by overhead.

"What's wrong, those were just birds flying by."

"I don't think…" She never finished the sentence; she started running in the direction of the shadows.

"Where are you going," Daren called after her, chasing her after a little while.

Reeni jumped over rocks and climbed over low trees and under medium sized trees. She was determined to find the owners of those shadows.

Finally she reached the end of the woods and tried jumping over a large crevice. She started to fall but the shadows were right above her. As she slipped over the edge soft hands caught her. "Tha…anks, Dar...ren," she said with the little breath she could muster from all the running, jumping, and crawling.

"Whose Daren," a familiar voice rang in Reeni's ears as the question was said.

She looked up and a big smile went over her face. "Pararoo! Am I ever glad to see you again."

He pulled her up onto land and as she bent down to wipe the dust off her clothes she quickly realized she was in her princess form.

She turned out of instinct and leaped for the person she knew was hovering behind her. "How'd you get here? How'd you find me," asked Reeni as she snuggled even closer to her love's chest, having his warm and comforting hands around her made her happy again.

"I followed my heart in hopes it was the right way," said Helios, still holding her tighter than ever before, crying a little at the same time.

Reeni was also crying, only she wasn't trying to hold it in like the two of the three boys that meant more to her than anything; the third being Darien.

"Reeni! What in the…" Daren came struggling out of the trees grasp, but stopped as soon as he saw the two boys with wings and one with a horn around Reeni. Soon after, Tilka and Raiko followed.

"Who are they," asked Tilka carefully.

"These are friends, but they're so close to me that they're like brothers, well one anyway" She blushed slightly. "This is Pararoo," pointing to him as a small tear came down her cheek, "and this is Helios," as she turned to him, more tears came down her cheek; he kissed her lightly on the forehead.

The three were dumbstruck.

Raiko went up to Pararoo not taking his eyes off either on of them, "But, Reeni, this is the stupidest thing I've ever heard of…seen. Reeni, look at them! They're freaks! They have wings for Pete's sake!"

Reeni stiffened and, instead of tears of happiness, she shed tears of sadness.

Pararoo was furious and Helios went higher into the air so he could comfort Reeni alone.

"Shhh, Reeni. It's okay. Remember? Remember what I said about what others thought about me? I don't care what people say about me as long as you're safe."

Reeni removed her head from his once again soaked chest and nodded slightly, "I remember. I just don't like the way he said it I guess."

He embraced her once more, even tighter, and made the tears go away.

He then looked down at Pararoo, who was still trying to suppress his anger while Raiko just made fun of him even more, and called, "Pararoo, ready to go? Everything is okay now."

Pararoo nodded and was about to fly when Daren ran over to him and grabbed his arm.

"Wait, please. I need to speak with Reeni for a couple of minutes. I won't let him go until you come back down."

Helios thought a moment and asked Reeni if she was willing up to it. She nodded and they floated softly to the ground.

"If you say anything mean to her, I swear I'll…" Helios putting his hand on his shoulder interrupted Pararoo.

They walked a little ways into the woods, away from hearing ears.

"Reeni," he began, "What Raiko said back there…I would never say that about your friends. I didn't like seeing you cry like that. I'm sorry he did that."

"It's okay, Daren. You don't have to apologize for your cousin's actions. He was probably just surprised, that's all."

"Yeah, he was. I think we all were a little surprised that some of the family you were talking about turned out to be people with wings and one with a horn. So… uh… what's with the sudden dress change?"

Reeni looked down and blushed, "Oh this? It's nothing. Just whenever I get close to Helios when he's in that form you saw him in I change into my princess form. I don't know. Amy…uh…she's Sailor Mercury, she seems to think that it's the power of the Golden Crystal, the horn on his head holds it, has some effect on me that makes me change. I don't know what to think."

Daren was more than surprised now, "Wow! That's…uh…interesting. You really like him, don't you?"

Reeni nodded, "Of course I do. They're part of my family to me. Why wouldn't I like them?"

"No, I mean, Helios, you like him don't you? Like more than a friend. You did say that one was like a brother and the other a little closer, didn't you?"

She blushed even redder this time, "What gives you that idea?"

"Oh nothing. Just the fact that you were hanging off his neck with all you're strength when you were crying. I just figured that you did. Was I wrong and misunderstood?" This time Daren blushed at his thought.

"You have nothing to blush about. I've loved him for a long time now. And he loves me back. Your guess was very accurate."

His redness died down, "Really?" His voice stated sadly. "Well, I just wanted to clear that whole thing up. You know, about what Raiko had said."

"Well, thanks for the apology even though you didn't have a reason to give me one." She pulled him closer and gave him a peck on the cheek. Now he really blushed bright red because laughing could be heard from behind him.

"What are you guys doing? Why are you spying on me? You're my cousins you're not supposed to spy on your cousins!"

"Sorry, cuz," apologized Tilka.

"Yeah. Look, Reeni," turning to her, "I'm sorry about what I said. Sometimes I just can't help myself. Can you ever forgive me?"

"Of course I can. I have to. You guys saved me."

She walked over to Tilka and gave him a peck on the cheek too, than gave one to Raiko. She jumped over the few branches and walked back over to her friends, smiling.

"Are you okay," asked Pararoo, "They didn't do anything rude, did they?"

Reeni shook her head, "No, Pararoo. They apologized about what they said."

"Good, I should hope so," Pararoo said once more.

Reeni smiled and was just about to take off with Helios carrying her when someone else called out, "Wait! Stop! Don't leave yet!"

The answer of who was calling was quickly answered. It was Taiki, Seiya, and Yaten. Followed by every other Sailor Scout Reeni knew about.

"Serena, Darien, Lita, everyone," Reeni called out with glee.

Helios set her back down to let her greet them and smiled at how happy she now was. She ran to her friends as fast as she could.

"The Starlights found us and said they knew where you were and that you were safe," kneeled down Mina.

"Yes, the Mini Starlights," Reeni pointed to them, "Daren, Tilka, and Raiko rescued me from Kisenian and took care of."

Serena and Darien only cried as they hugged their future daughter. The others came and hugged Reeni too.

It wasn't long before she was overcrowded with people of different ages surrounding her. Reeni was overjoyed at the excitement it brought to her. Helios and Pararoo joined the crowd and laughed with them at the discovery of Reeni with the others.

It wasn't long, though, before Taiki spat up, "This place can easily be sensed by enemies by all the excitement and energy. We should head back to your house or somewhere as long as it isn't these woods."

Serena wiped her tearstained eyes and face and nodded, "Yes, we won't want to lose Reeni like that again. Or anyway at that."