Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Sugar Princess ❯ Some Things can't be Controlled ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Some Things Can't Be Controlled

When the scouts arrived home, Reeni had fallen asleep in Helios' arms while flying.

Everyone transformed back into their original selves and gathered around Reeni and watched her rest peacefully for a while.

Finally, the Mini Outer Scouts said they were going to the park for a while and would be back for dinner.

"We'll come too. Right, guys," asked Tilka to his cousins.

"Sure, why not," replied Raiko, turning towards the door with Tilka and the girls.

"I'm not. I'm going to stay with Reeni until she wakes up," piped Daren.

His cousins, the Scouts, Mini Scouts, and everybody else turned and stared at him, but he didn't care.

Soon after, the Mini Outers and Daren's cousins left, everybody else except Helios, Pararoo, and Daren, who were watching Reeni, left to have some fun of their own.

The three boys took turns retrieving items for Reeni such as: blankets, blanket-warmers, pillows, wet cloth for her forehead, and other such knick-knacks as those.

It was a couple of hours later when a glittery, bloodstained, blue figure burst into the house. "Another…battle! Near…Cardinal March…Drive," a weak Mini Mercury blurted as fast she could before she collapsed all together.

Pararoo quickly went to her side to help her.

During all of this, Reeni had awoken and heard everything. She slowly got off the couch and transformed into Sailor Mini Moon.

"What are you doing," questioned Helios, a little frightened, "You're not actually going to go to the battle and fight, are you?"

"I have to, Helios. I can't keep running away until I'm caught and killed or something like that. Besides, it's like what I told you before. It's my duty as a Sailor Scout."

Before anybody else knew it, she was out the door. Daren stood up and called out, "Starfighter Protection Keeper! Transform!" He ran over to the door and opened it; "I'm going to help Reeni and the others, Helios. You and Pararoo stay here and take care of Cassia.

With that said, he left.

Mini Starfighter caught up with Mini Moon at the battle scene. They were watching for a moment.

"Wow! Whatever that thing is, it's ugly. It could win the Stinky of the Century Trophy or Ugliest Beast on the Block or something," remarked Mini Moon.

Mini Starfighter plugged his nose and nodded in agreement.

The area was a horrible scene. The monster was big and ugly with a completely pitch-black body, solid red eyes, sharp, fang-like teeth, and the biggest mouth you'd ever see with drool coming off each jagged tooth. The buildings around the scene were completely destroyed.

The scouts, all of them, were lying motionless on the ground below. Mini Moon was in tears just by looking at them.

She gasped when the jerky, smelly villain picked up a handful of Mini Scouts and lifted them to his drooling face. He sniffed them with his pig snout, booger filled nose and then dropped them back down to the muddy terrace below.

He yelled with a growling voice, "She's not here! I heard the holder of the powerful sugar energy was a bratty Sailor Scout, but not one of you holds it! Argh! There must be more of you, but where are they hiding?"

"Hold it right there, fatty! How dare you come and destroy this peaceful land! If you don't stop right now than I'm Sailor Mini Moon! The soldier of the future moon and defender of love, justice, and truth!"

"And I'm Sailor Mini Starfighter. The future fighter of the stars in this universe; And we're here to stop you here and now!"

The villain looked up and smiled, "Ah, two more Sailor Brat Scouts. One, or two in this case, more chances to get the sugar powers."

Mini Moon stepped back, nervous, but Mini Starfighter told her not to show any fear or he might find out she's the carrier of the power he's looking for.

She nodded and slid down the muddy hillside created by the fire hydrants unstopping flow of bursting water.

When they reached the bottom they were attacked immediately. They dodged the first few easily, but soon Mini Moon was targeted. The monster blasted away with some fire aiming at Mini Moon.

Mini Starfighter turned around just in time to see this and called out, "Mini Moon! Duck! Now!"

Mini Moon turned to what he was talking about, but it was too late. Suddenly, she was forced to the ground. She moaned and shook her head slowly.

She carefully opened her eyes and looked into a pair of beautiful, auburn eyes.

"Are you ok? I didn't hurt you did I," echoed a familiar voice in her ears.

Her head was spinning and it didn't help when she felt a person slide next to her.

Finally, her eyes shot open fully. "Helios! What are you doing here," she screamed as she threw her arms around him, "I mean, I appreciate the fact that you came here and rescued me from that shot, but I…I mean you…I…I."

Helios put a finger up to her stuttering lips and smiled a gorgeous smile.

She calmed down after a while and stood up to face the jerk that nearly killed her and to also notice she was in her princess form.

`I can't use my sugar power; I'm too weak at the moment. If I fainted than everyone would worry,' she thought to herself. She closed her eyes and thought for a moment longer.

After a second she heard the villain laughing and opened her eyes to see what was happening.

She looked around to see her companions and their faces looked surprised or spooked or something; she couldn't tell. She looked at herself and jumped, but biting her lip at the same time.

She wasn't in her sugar energy form but she wasn't in her princess form either, in fact she wasn't in any form she actually wanted to be in since she wasn't wearing anything at all.

All she had was the familiar pink glow surrounding her. Her hair was completely down in its wavy nature. She blushed and brought her hands up to her face.

When she looked down to her friends she notice they were staring up at her. She turned to her two friends behind her and saw they hadn't moved a muscle. She looked back at the ugly monster before her, but instead she saw a giant, hairy hand charging straight at her, grasping her and making it a tight grip.

The beast's laugh was dripping with pleasure. "I found you! Haha, I finally found the sugar power holder and pretty soon I'll be that holder." He laughed some more.

She screamed out, "Help me, please! Can anybody help me? Anybody, please!" She closed her eyes when the grasping grew tighter; trying to ignore the pain.

"Don't worry, Reeni. I'm coming," she heard somebody say cry out from a small distance.

She heard another call out, "Star Fighting Target!"

After a minute she was dropped, knowing that the attack did something to make the monster let go. Then she was caught by warm, protecting arms and drawn closer. She didn't have to open her eyes to know it was Helios.

She drew her arms closer to herself, still blushing from before, knowing she was also still in that form. She buried her face to his chest; thankful he had come.

"I don't understand," she heard him mutter a few times quietly.

Finally, what seemed like forever, they landed gracefully She dropped to her knees as she felt his hands part from her bare arms and legs. She opened her eyes to look at him but didn't see him long for she was tugged into a pair of different arms: Serena's.

She tried turning her head to see her rescuer, but kept being forever pushed and pulled into different sets of arms.

First Serena's than Darien's and going for what felt nonstop. From Darien's she went to Rae's, Amy's, Mina's, Lita's, Hotaru's, Amara's, Michelle's, Trista's, Mini Outer Scouts', the Mini Inner Scouts', Seiya's, Taiki's, Yaten's, Pararoo's, Raiko's, Tilka's, and finally Daren's.

She eventually got the strength to pull away from his grip and fall into what she thought would be Helios' arms but only got halfway so she landed on the soft wet grass below. She looked all around but didn't see him anywhere.

She was brought a blanket to wrap around herself and she took it, pulled it around her, and ran off.

She looked everywhere, but couldn't find her hero.

She walked slowly back to the house after almost five hours of searching. She went inside as the pink glow around her started to fade. She started to walk towards the stairs when she noticed an extra body sitting in the living room. She dashed into the room and saw him.

"I've been looking everywhere for you," she cried happily.

"I thought you'd like some time with your family and other friends," Helios replied.

She shook her head and hugged him.

Meanwhile, Daren couldn't stand it.

"What's wrong, Daren? You look mad or something," Reeni asked pushing away from Helios.

"Oh, nothing. Absolutely nothing, nothing at all!"

"Why are you yelling then," she asked getting worried.

"I'm not! I mean…I… Nothing! " He shouted as he stormed out and slammed the front door behind him.

Reeni ran to the door and opened it calling hopelessly for him to come back.

She dropped the blanket to the floor, having her clothes back, and ran after him.

The others ran to the door as well and called for Reeni to come back, but that was hopeless as well. There was no way of getting neither Reeni nor Daren to return back when they were running away as fast as they were.

What nobody knew though was on the other side of the street a shadow lurked. The shadow was watching them, their every move. Than it ran along the trees near the road, chasing after Reeni who was chasing Daren, trying to catch up.