Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Sugar Princess ❯ Confession ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

"Daren! Wait up!" Reeni called out as loud as she could while still running after her friend and fellow scout.

"Go away! Leave me alone!" He called back and tried to speed up.

Reeni tripped and fell to the ground looking back up she thought quickly and looked around. She didn't want something that would hurt him just make him stop and turn around. Not finding anything except a bunch of rocks she stood and ran after the other future scout once more.

Finally catching up with him she lunged forward and succeeded in pushing him to the ground, using her weight to keep him there.

Both panted heavily to catch much needed breaths and rest their tired legs.

Once recovered Daren turned his head to look at Reeni and glared at her. "I thought I told you to leave me alone. It's obvious that you only want… " He caught his words and just turned to scowl at the ground instead of looking at Reeni.

"Obvious about what? Helios? If that's the case then you have it all wrong."

"I'm not wrong. I know what you're up to. You're probably thinking about marrying him aren't you? Run away together and have lots of children and live in the protection of Elysion, aren't you?"

"No, that's not it at all. I haven't even thought about marrying him. I told you that you have it all wrong."

"Then how come you're always cuddling with him and wanting to be around him?"

"Like you said Elysion is well protected and that's because it's far away. Helios is the only priest there now who can hold the power of the Gold Crystal and keep it safe. In other words I don't get to be with him very much. It's true that I fell in love with him but I doubt he really feels anything like that for me. I wouldn't doubt that for a minute that there could be somebody else. But it wouldn't matter. In order for him to marry me he needs to be one of my suitors when I turn sixteen and even then my father back in the time where I belong has to accept his request to be my suitor." Reeni caught her breath and continued. "Why do you care anyways?"

Daren by this point felt extremely stupid. He had completely forgotten that Reeni was the princess of the future moon and Silver Millennium. So he'd also forgotten about the suitors and her unable to really go anywhere without somebody telling they'd seen her and where she was headed.

"I'm sorry, Reeni. I guess I was just being… jealous a little." He whispered out, just loud enough for her to heard what he said.

"Jealous? Why in the world would you be jealous of me and Helios being…" Realization dawned on her and she scooted off Daren's back and sat on the ground. "Oh, I see now."

Daren sat up and stared at the ground ashamed of his mistake. He was too afraid to look into her eyes, frightened of what he might see.

"Why didn't you tell me instead of hiding? You only made things more worse for yourself."

"I know but you said it yourself that you and Helios loved each other. I wouldn't have and still don't stand a chance."

"Daren, you're one of my closest friends. You took care of me when I barely could and kept me safe. And most importantly to me you didn't look down upon my friends when you saw them. That means more to me than you could ever imagine. I'm sorry Daren, but I don't see you more than anything that a very close brother."

"I know Reeni and I am sorry for how I acted. But if it wouldn't be too much to ask, could I just hold you."

"Daren I…"

"Not like a lover's hug, just a sibling hug. Please?"

Reeni smiled and nodded, wrapping her arms around his neck as he wrapped his own arms around her waist. Cocking his head slightly towards hers he placed a small kiss on her cheek.

"We'll be adoptive siblings then, you and I."

Reeni and nodded and pulled away. "I'm sorry we couldn't be anything more though. If Helios had never been I'm sure we would have made a good couple."

Daren sighed and shook his head vertically. "There's somebody out there for me, I'm sure. I just have to find them. And in my hopes I wish them to be as cheerful and kind as you have ever been to me and maybe more."

"I hope you find her."

Feeling Reeni shiver slightly he stood. "We should get back to the house. The others are probably worried and I should also apologize to Helios for how I acted towards him."

Reeni was about to reply when a shadow jumped from the tree and grabbed her from behind faster than the other two could have predicted and countered.

"Reeni!"

The princess of the future struggled in the arms of her capture pulling her further and further away from her brother-close friend. Finally have the hand clamped over her mouth pulled away after biting it she quickly looked up to Daren and called out for him to help her.

Daren started to run after them but was tackled from behind by a different shadow following after the first. He heard the laughter coming from it and it only made him angrier, but he knew he couldn't beat them alone and not while they could do something to hurt Reeni and make him unable to fight without putting her in danger.

Before they got to far for his voice to carry he called out, "Don't worry, Reeni. I'll get help and we'll find you." He then turned and ran back the way he came to fetch the others.