Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Sun and Moon best friends ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"Higher" Rini says and digs her feet in to Serena's side. Serena eeps and growls. "Come on Serena higher"

Serena is about to retort but then she hears a male voice, "Well if you want I can help" Serena feels her heart just beat a bit faster like it does whenever Darien is around.

"Darien what are you" Serena and Rini turn expecting to see Darien but instead there is a guy about Serena's age. He is 5'11 with dark brown hair, and looks to be slim but not bad shape. He is dressed In American style clothing in other words a baggy orange T-shirt, and a pair of shorts. "Oh sorry I thought you where some one else" Serena says embarrassed.

Rini has this look in her eyes like she has seen this guy and should know him but can't. She shakes her head, and smiles at him "Thank you" she says and jumps off of Serena's back and he grabs her putting her on his shoulder.

"Rini maybe you shouldn't, after all we don't want to bother him" Serena says trying to get Rini off this guys back.

"Oh no it's quite all right besides I'm sure you couldn't see the drums with this cutey on your back. I'm Kaz by the way." He says offering his hand.

Serena smiles and shakes it. "I'm Serena, and that rugrat is..."

Suddenly Rini hit's her on the head stopping her from talking. Serena glares and grumbles "My name is Rini, " she says offering her hand to him.

He shakes it and says "Why very nice to meet you, aren't you a polite young lady." He says smiling and Rini grins.

"Who are your friends, meatball head?" Amarah asks. Michelle smiles and they appear as all three turn and look at them. "Serena does this mean that Darien is free now?" she asks with a smile.

Michelle elbows Amarah. "Stop teasing her, Serena who are your friends?" Michelle asks, Serena smiles a thank you at her.

Serena looks at them and is about to speak when Rini beats her to it. "Hi my names Rini, I am Serena's cousin. And this is my new friend Kaz."

"Nice to meet you" he says while holding on to Rini as she wiggles.

Michell and Amarah smile and Michell bows. "It's nice to meet you Rini, and you too Kaz." Suddenly Ray is up on stage and announcing the entertainment would be starting. By the end of the festival, Rini had fallen asleep and instead of waking her up.

"If you want I can carry her home, if you don't mind" Kaz says and Serena looks grateful because otherwise Rini would go on and on about getting woken up, and she really could not carry Rini that far her self.

"Thanks," Serena says and leads them out of there not even bothering to find out what happened to the other scouts. They pass by the candy booth but Serena is busy thanking Kaz for carrying Rini that she does not notice.

A few seconds later Darien walks by and sees Kaz talking to Serena and both smiling. He however can not see Rini in Kaz's arm. As they walk away a frown appears on his face. When they get back to Serena's house she gently tries's to pry Rini away from Kaz. However Rini has a death grip on him since she was so comfy in his arms. Finally Serena gets her grip to loosen and Kaz smiles "Good night Serena, Rini see you two around." He says before walking off.

"Goodbye" Serena says quietly not sure what is up with her. It felt like Darien just said he would be gone for a whole weekend.

The next day Serena wakes up with one arm around her daughter. She actually was very cute, when she was asleep and quiet. But what happened last night. Who was that strange guy, and why did Rini seem to like him so much. Speaking of Rini why was she here. Serena slowly and for once in her life, not clumsy like usual. She goes through Rini bag that Luna P had made appear. In it she finds a note. `To my dearest self. I knew you would look for this. I have sent Rini back in time to work on her training, not only as a sailor scout, but also a person. That and I wish for her to get to know...' The rest of it is crossed out to much for even Serena to read. Is that sad or what.