Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Sway with the Ocean Tide ❯ Michiru: Act I ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
It was raining again. Michiru stood gazing out her window, lost in thought.
Haruka.
She hadn't seen the blonde in five years, but she thought of her former lover every day.
I'm so sorry, Haruka. I didn't ask them to hate you so. I didn't want to leave. But I had no choice.
Her eyes slowly filled with tears. No, she hadn't asked for what she got. Her parents had decided all of that on their own.
'It's not okay to have an interest in other women, Michiru. People will find out, and they won't understand. You don't understand. You'll give this family a bad name if you continue this ludicrous behavior. We're moving in a month.'
"
I was only following my heart, mother. Father." She supressed a sob. "You can't fault me for that. You can't tear me apart just because of that!"

The Kaious were gone the following month. Michiru had shed tears that final day in Tokyo. Her father had told her to be quiet, insisting things were better this way.
They made a new home in Osaka. She slowly lost contact with everyone she had known, and she remained without new friends to take their place. She delved further and further into a world of painted perfection and musical waves. But the hole in her heart remained.

I need you.