Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Sway with the Ocean Tide ❯ Haruka: Act I ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Haruka slept, lost in a dream of her aqua-haired goddess. She sunk slowly to the bottom of the sea and into a golden metropolis, shining despite the darkness of the depths. She could hear a whisper of a voice somewhere near her.
"Haruka......."
Haruka looked around, searching for the source of that voice she knew so well. She saw nothing.
"Come find me, Haruka...."
The direction the voice came from had changed. She searched frantically, still seeing nothing.
"Find me....."
A hand touched the blonde's shoulder and she spun around. It was Michiru, with a flashing scaled fishtail. She clung to Haruka and leaned on her shoulder.
"Don't leave......please."
Haruka lifted the girl's chin and leaned in close to kiss her, but all at once the vision before her was gone, and she surfaced once more, the light from the bedroom window pouring in. "Dammit!" she mumbled.
Hotaru knocked softly on the door. "Haruka, are you awake?"
"Yes, I'm awake."
Hotaru came in and pulled the cover from Haruka, then carefully lifted her out of bed. "Did you sleep well? I heard you tossing and turning quite a bit."
"I was dreaming about Michiru again. But I woke up before I got a chance to kiss her."
"I see."
Haruka waited at the table with a book in hand while Hotaru made breakfast. The aromas of miso soup, fish, and rice filled the air.
It hadn't been easy letting go of Michiru. She'd loved the girl so much. They seemed to meld so perfectly, as if right out of a fairytale.
'Stay away from my daughter. It's bad enough she's faking interest in women, we don't need you encouraging her." Mr. Kaiou had said.
All Haruka had even encouraged her partner to do was to follow her heart and stay true to herself. And what was the crime in that? She set her book down and looked at her arms. They seemed more like two pale twigs more than anything. She thought back to those days five years ago, when she'd been strong. Her arms hadn't looked like twigs then.
"Hotaru, I have to find her. I just have to."