Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Sway with the Ocean Tide ❯ Michiru: Act II ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Michiru thought for a moment. Five years had passed, but maybe, just maybe her friends would still be in Tokyo, and with even better luck, so would Haruka. She opened her old address and telephone book and found Usagi's number.
The phone rang, and Michiru's heart pounded with anticipation.
"Hello?"
Michiru sighed inwardly with relief. 'Hi, Usagi-chan, this is Michiru."
"Michiru-san! Hi!! I haven't talked to you in forever! How are you?"
Michiru smiled to herself. Usagi was just as full of life and cheer as ever. 'I'm doing well, better than I had been. How about you?"
"I'm doing well. Mamo-chan and I are very happy together. Tokyo's just as busy as ever. Where are you at? No one ever told me."
"I'm in Osaka. Listen, I need to know something. Does anyone know if Haruka still lives in Tokyo?"
There was a moment of silence on the other end. "I don't know for sure. I don't live anywhere near where she used to, and even if I did, there's nothing saying she hasn't moved by now."
"When was the last time you spoke with her?"
'It's been at least three years. She got really quiet after you left and stopped talking to just about everyone. But last time I saw her she didn't look very good."
Michiru felt a pang of fear. "What do you mean?"
"She was a lot thinner than usual. Her eyes didn't sparkle the way they did when she was with you, either. She looked like a ghost."
Her eyes filled with tears again. "Oh my God. I have to find her, Usagi-chan. I have to find her." Tears ran down her face. "I'm scared for her."
Usagi's heart ached for her friend. "Come to stay with us, Michiru-san, and I promise you we'll try to find her."

Michiru hung up the phone and packed. She was aboard a bullet train headed for Tokyo by two that afternoon.